[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why you didn't like this game without using the word SJW.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1488629781736.jpg (45KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1488629781736.jpg
45KB, 650x366px
Explain why you didn't like this game without using the word SJW.
>>
>explain why you didn't like this game without mentioning one of the main things why people hated it.

Also, i don't like the MMORPG style of combat
>>
>>389786954
The combatants of liberal order were to blame.
>>
>>389786954
Hilariously awful dialogue
>>
Despite the world being interesting the story was boring so it didn't keep me engaged and the gameplay was boring, feeling like an mmo without friends. The lack of consistency with the world as I knew it from Origins also was irksome. Didn't care about the gay stuff, I wanted to fuck Freddy Prince Jr as a qunari male but the game didn't keep me engaged long enough to do that. I'll platinum Dragon's Dogma remastered before I ever finish this game.
>>
>>389786954
Much younger target audience, which is reflected in the extremely juvenile writing.
Giant open world filled with nothing but copypaste fetch quests.
World of Warcraft-style combat (skills with cooldowns)
True ending locked behind paid DLC
Said true ending is just another cliffhanger anyway
Much worse music due to firing the series composer, a veteran of cRPG games, and replacing him with an unknown one
Very inconsistent visuals because of BioWare's incompetence at using Frostbite, an engine they never worked with before

Need more, faggot?
>>
really bad and cliche story, and the characters didnt make up for it like in Origins.

i actually liked exploring some areas but the collectibles were too much
>>
>>389786954
Was literally an mmo that they converted into a single player game without taking out lots of mmo aspects
>>
>>389786954
>oily skin
>stiff animations
>plastic Lego hair
>unbelievably shitty dialogue
>bugs, glitches and general shitty gameplay
>open world meme game
How's that?
>>
I did like it for about 40% of it, then the exploration just got repetitive and exhausting and it stopped feeling like there were compelling reasons to keep doing things, so I just stopped playing.
>>
>No Healing
>Meme potion system
>Shitty skill tree da2 had better
>Action RPG meme:It started as a rpg with action elements then it became action game with rpg elements
>Non-tactical
Its boring they literally made a single player mmo game but they took boring parts of mmos
>>
>>389786954
The bastardization of Qunari lore. Too many pointless fetch and collection quests, especially the shards. For a straight male there's literally only two female romance options, and one of them is a POC LGBT option, whereas a female LGBT has six romance options. The combat is a step back from DA2 which in itself was a step back from DAO. Very flat and two dimensional NPCs, progressively worse from each earlier installment.
>>
i thought it was alright, but there were far too many inconsequential side quests and main story progression was locked behind them
like there were whole areas of the game that you went to for like one thing and you had no real reason to enter again or at all in a few cases
>>
shitty combat
>>
>>389786954
Can't romance lolis.
Denuvo.
No Steam release.
>>
>>389786954
Voiced protagonist.
>>
>>389787273
That sounds like a plus.
>>
>>389788484
>hating denuvo but not steam when they're the same thing
>>
File: Moero chronicle coco.jpg (167KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Moero chronicle coco.jpg
167KB, 960x544px
>>389788925
Without Steam we wouldn't have this GOTY.
>>
>>389786954
The combat was simplistic, the story and characters mediocre and it didn't let me play a mustache-twirling edgelord which is the main point of rpgs.
>>
I liked it though
>>
>>389786954
Stupid story
Junk combat
Women are all ugly
>>
>>389788037
The skill trees were something I thought were very odd in this compared to DA2.
In DA2, the skills and their upgrades felt really substantial
Here, it's much more middling upgrades and skills and the combat system as a whole felt like MMO combat with Souls animation
>>
Laughable plot, clunky script. Tedious "exploration" through theme park zones; no sandbox features at all. Stiff, weird animations, some still reused from KotOR. Mandatory gathering and crafting features which make even less sense than usual in the context of this specific game. Slow, miserable combat that feels more like an MMO studio's first try at an action game rather than the other way around.
>>
>>389787215
im not op and im not a dragon age fan or follower, but isnt not liking a game due to different political views petty?
>>
File: 1457895546303.jpg (200KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1457895546303.jpg
200KB, 764x1024px
>>389789254
>>
>>389786954
it's fucking boring
>>
>>389788882
funny-bad is only funny with friends, otherwise it's just bad
>>
>>389786954
can only take 8 skills into combat and build options aren't deep enough to make 8 skills a reasonable restriction
>>
>>389792785
it has nothing to do with the political views being different, it has to do with the political views being incredibly obtrusive. It's like product placement but for politics.
>>
It was basically World of Amalur: Kingdoms of Dragon Age (single player only)
>>
>>389786954
>shit story
>bland or terrible characters
>sub-par gameplay
>open world meme
The SJW shit is just low hanging fruit compared to the bigger problems this shit game has. I'd rather play Dragon Age II again than slog through another playthrough of Inquistion
>>
>>389786954
The combat is fucking awful and there's no weight to your attacks
I've tried playing the game twice and both times I've dropped it after the intro level
>>
>>389786954
I liked it. /v/ just loves to hate it because post-DA2 Bioware made it.

It's far from a perfect, or even great game. It's just solid/good. There are certainly legitimate criticisms to be made against it, but they're so rarely made here on /v/ that they're drown out by a sea of bullshit "SJW/LIBERAL/WOMEN ARE UGLY" complaints that aren't even true.

>>389787295
>Despite the world being interesting the story was boring so it didn't keep me engaged and the gameplay was boring, feeling like an mmo without friends. The lack of consistency with the world as I knew it from Origins also was irksome.

This is a perfectly fine, legit criticism of the game from someone who actually gives a shit about games.

>>389787267
This is horseshit from someone who just likes to bitch and doesn't actually care about playing video games.
>>
>>389793510
>I liked it.
well thanks for signalling you have shit taste and to disregard your opinion early, anon.
>>
I don't like any of the DA games. Guess this type of style isn't for me.
>>
I didnt like any of it. Combat, Exploration, or the plot. I did love the choices and the companions you get but that just didnt save it for me. I beat it for the ps4 and gave up after that. (had it on pc also)
>>
>>389786954
>repetitive side quests
>badly written main story
>a joke of a villain
>hideous animation
>lacking CC
>too large maps
>useless mounts
>tedious crafting system
>dumbed down skill system
>only 8 active abilities per character in combat
>extra dialogue options have no actual impact on solving quests differently
>Ubisoft's standard open world design (cluttered with collectibles)
>underwhelming Val Royeaux
>you can't see the relationship value of your companions
>no dwarf romances
And no, Harding doesn't count as romance, since her romance isn't available in DragonAgeKeep and therefore will never be mentioned again in future games. She's still best girl though.

Is this enough for a start?
>>
I actually enjoy the combat in this game and (some) of the characters, but pretty much everything else is pretty bad.

The story is extremely boring and it lacks any real sense of darkness or gravitas that Origins carried. Origins actually felt like a foreboding dark fantasy world. This feels like goofy meme world with swords.

Tried replaying it recently but gave up and went back to Pillars of Eternity.
>>
>>389786954
bad dialogue and boring combat

idk, i was new to dragon age when i picked it up
>>
>>389786954
It was boring as fuck in general.
>>
File: Sera_at_the_Tavern.png (940KB, 1167x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sera_at_the_Tavern.png
940KB, 1167x900px
This
>>
>>389787450
Agreed with everything except worse music. Trevor fucking Morris did the music bruh. The only problem is that Bioware decided to purposefully leave out 90% of the music to and left everything to have silent ambience.

The Dread Wolf is one of the best tracks I've ever heard in a video game
>>
but i did like
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.