[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard to go back after Mania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Maybe I got a little spoiled but
>music isn't as good as I remembered
>controls are way less responsive
>cheap deaths everywhere
>>
>>389773298
Like many people have repeated before this: Sonic was never good. At best, they were flashy and mediocre.
>>
File: 1478017471141.png (794KB, 947x644px) Image search: [Google]
1478017471141.png
794KB, 947x644px
Special stages are so fucking frustrating to find, let alone play in any game that isn't 3&K, Rush, or Mania

that's the main reason i never go back to 1/2/CD
>>
Sonic 2 was always the worst game
Never give Americans a Japanese franchise
>>
>>389774083
>hard to find in sonic 1/2/cd
>>
>>389774083
>Special stages are so fucking frustrating to find
wat, in Sonic 1 and CD the special zone is right at the end of the level. You can get to the end of the level, right? In Sonic 2 it is at check points which are pretty much on any route you naturally take. You don't have to go out of your way in these games to get to a special stage unlike S3&K or Mania, though Mania was a bit better with some of the rings on a natural path.
>>
File: 16bS1_Giant_Ring.png (10KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
16bS1_Giant_Ring.png
10KB, 320x224px
>>389774083
How the FUCK were you suppose to find this?
>>
>>389774592
>>389774783
>>389774945
i meant find as in "find the rings for" or get into
>>
>>389774083
You trying to hug walls to find special stages in Sonic 2 like in 3&K?
>>
>>389774083
>>389775113
It's easy as fuck to get special stages in 2, in 1 they're a bit harder but even then highly doable. The issue with 1 is that it barely gives you enough rings to get into the special stage if you get hit at all. I remember exploring a stage in Sonic 1 and never losing rings, only to beat the stage with like 80 or so rings left.
>>
>>389775113
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>389773298
Sonic 2 doesn't really have any cheap deaths aside maybe in metropolis and mystic cave, and even then they're telegraphed super obviously beforehand usually. Sonic 2's just insanely linear and thus the least interesting of the 2d sonics to replay.
>>
>>389775113
You usually get 50 rings naturally on the path you go. Just don't get hit.
>>
>>389773298
>cheap deaths everywhere
I don't recall anything in 2 being particularly cheap, other than the entirety of Metropolis.
>>
There is only one cheap death and that is the Mystic Cave pit. That isn't even game breaking.

I can't believe people shit themselves over Metropolis Zone as well, how do you guys even fare on Scrap Brain?
>>
>>389775625

I imagine they don't even bother. Most people here hate Sonic 1 because it expects you to jump over shit.
>>
Cant you kill the first boss of mania just by walking?
The game kills me even if I stay in the ground that doesnt collapse
>>
>>389774083
Are you mentally challenged?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.