[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Sid Meier's Civilization.jpg (424KB, 2340x1755px) Image search: [Google]
Sid Meier's Civilization.jpg
424KB, 2340x1755px
What's the first thing you build, usually?

Seriously, it's round one and you have a settler and a warrior. What is the very first thing you build?
>>
When I first played this game I didn't build roads to my Iron mines until the modern era.
>>
>>389763280
your capital city, obviously.
>>
>>389763581
That's a cool story and all, but you didn't answer the question.
>>
File: IMG_1671.jpg (83KB, 687x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1671.jpg
83KB, 687x416px
>play one of these games
>warplanes get in a fight with some enemy cavalry
>warplanes lose
>>
>>389763280

Which Civ game? Which difficulty?

If it's VI, I go for a scout on easier difficulties, all other times I go for a warrior
>>
Another warrior to explore with/replace the first warrior who I'm exploring with.
>>
Barracks
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>warrior
>>
>>389763280
usually I go for culture building since policies are super helpful
>>
>>389763280

scout/warrior who scouts
>>
File: 1467129408677.jpg (45KB, 728x546px)
1467129408677.jpg
45KB, 728x546px
Scout no matter what size, unless we talking really tiny
>>
>>389763796
Scout isn't available for everyone round one. For example, if you started as the Japanese, you would not have hunting, which is a requirement for building a scout.
>>
>>389763712
I have nothing to contribute to the conversation.
>>
>>389763859
This.
Why build a settler when your neighbors are kind enough to put a poorly defended city so close to you?
>>
>>389763280
If we're talking Civ 5, a scout. An extra cheap-ass scout can mean a couple technologies, gold, culture or extra population from ruins, and you want to grab those ASAP before the computer.
>>
>>389763773
Not everyone is smart enough to play Civ. It's a game for intellectuals.
You should probably stick to games that are more your caliber, like CS:GO for instance.
>>
>>389764157
So, you've never started a game and then built something?

How did you make roads then?
>>
>>389764163
>you can wipe out a civilization in the first 10 turns
I'm glad they fixed that.
>>
>>389764419
That was years ago and I can't even play the game anymore because the UI is so uncanny.
>>
>>389764163
Kiss your comfort goodbye then, since you'll be deemed a warmonger and treated with hostility.
>>
>>389764163
They need to make it so that a military unit that's far enough away from home Civ has a chance of defecting or becoming rogue, the chance increasing the farther away it is from the nearest city.
>>
>>389764702
Who cares? When you get a huge leap forward in production early in the game you can just demand tributes from everyone because you're pressing a huge economic an scientific advantage.

You use tributes to slow them down economically.
>>
>>389765279
What? Since when is the game's diplomacy kind enough to let you bully them? The CPU would tell you to fuck off no matter how advanced or not advanced you are.
>>
What's the best mod for the best Civilization (IV) and why is it Caveman 2 Cosmos?
>>
>love Caveman2Cosmos
>but the turn times are ridiculous and makes the mod unplayable.
>>
>>389765560
You've never played as an aggressor, have you.
>>
>>389765727
>>389765837

Don't tell me they still haven't fixed that? FFS, I've waited for years.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.