[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are fallout 4 players so petty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 16

File: fallout.png (169KB, 338x344px) Image search: [Google]
fallout.png
169KB, 338x344px
Why are fallout 4 players so petty?
>>
They litterally dont know any better.
>>
Why Bethesda is such a shitty publisher?
>>
This is the score it should've received initially
>>
>>389760245
/thread
>>
Nice to see that not all PCfags bend over for that AAA dick.
Game should only have a mixed rating though.
>>
>>389759793
do you think that the creation club is a good idea or something?
>>
>Similar to games you've played:
>The Witness

sounds legit, I'll give it a try
>>
Steam even added special functionality for this shit, wew lad
>>
>>389759793
I'm just waiting for the VR version.
>>
>>389759793
>be one of the most popular studios with much success
>produce more streamlined uninspired shit
>blame fans
>>
>>389760571
I think scoring the base game negatively because you dislike one part of the optional content is
>>
>>389761142
I think it is a well-deserved and appropriate reaction in this particular case.

Paid mods is cancer that needs to be stopped at any cost
>>
>>389761142
you don't know just how bad the creation club is yet then. you don't realize that it's on disc DLC that bloats your hard drive without permission by pre-downloading mods without you buying them
>>
>>389759793
Guarantee a large number of those are the same people who post in New Vegas Threads unironically
>>
>>389761325

wew, just when you think Bethesda couldn't have fucked up more

seriously, all this crap is downloaded and then you pay to unlock?
>>
This is not paid mods. The Creation Club does not allow existing mods on it. Developers send a portfolio to Bethesda along with a pitch for content they would like to create. Bethesda then pays them to make it. Bethesda then sells the content.

This is pretty straight forward. It is basically outsourcing DLC. That's all it is. Bethesda will make sure all content on the store will always be compatible.

People who don't join as developers or are rejected can still make mods.

Creation Club is not paid mods, it's outsourced DLC.

You are all overreacting and being stupid.
>>
>>389761685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg-Mh0xFRF8
>>
>>389759793
i don't care about the creation club shit but fallout 4 is a bloody mess of a game anyways so i don't disagree with it having a negative score
>>
>>389761757
>Creation Club is not paid mods, it's outsourced DLC.
so them wanting to profit off of the work of others is okay?
>>
>>389761142
It's not optional you cunt. It installs automaticakky with each update/fresh install and downloads all the "mini-dlc's" in the store onto your drive even if you haven't bought any of them. Also it's paid mods but not really since they're not mods but official mini-dlc's, so microtransactions.
>>
File: 1486707912566.jpg (43KB, 585x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486707912566.jpg
43KB, 585x720px
>>389759793
>buy game
>leave negative review
>refund

just doing my part.
>>
>>389760882
why?

vr only works when the frame rate is above 180fps (90 per eye)

gamebryo (yes, they are using the same game engine as morrowind still) can only handle 60 fps at most because they tie physics and animation speed with the frame rate.
>>
File: J1jZRwj.png (946KB, 1480x844px) Image search: [Google]
J1jZRwj.png
946KB, 1480x844px
>>
>>389761810
wew Todd
>>
>>389761325
How is that any different than hats and skins from Team Fortress 2 and shit?

>All those assets and textures I can't even wear taking a shit ton of space.
>>
>>389762095
It's gonna be a special version of the engine that can do 90 fps (but with buggy physics of course).
That's how they're gonna justify the $60 price tag.
>>
>>389761810

Yong is getting fatter and fatter, shit theres even a video where hes on his bed and his gut just out.

He's gonna turn into boogie with that american diet.
>>
>>389762231
TF2 is free and the hats in TF2 are also free, you don't HAVE to pay to get them, unlike the content in Bethesda's shit.
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>389762105
That's pretty funny actually.

I remember Dark Souls 3 DLC had "Relaxing" and "Dating Sim" as tags for some time, kek.
>>
>>389759793
I dunno. It actually seems more shallow to try and get people to pay for glorified skins with real money.
>>
File: 1438099539307.gif (3KB, 104x100px) Image search: [Google]
1438099539307.gif
3KB, 104x100px
>>389759793
How else are we supposed to tell Bethesda that paid mods are shitty? Nobody cares about petitions and emails will go to customer service and get junked.
>>
>>389762260
yeah right

this is bethesda, they wont do that at all.
>>
>>389762541
They have to, otherwise it's unplayable.
It'll be buggier than any Bethesda game before, but by the lord it'll be 90fps.
>>
>>389762382
>TF2 is free
Okay underage, TF2 wasn't free before when i bought the Orange Box.

>you don't HAVE to pay to get them
Do you know the odds of getting any cosmetic in TF2? Close to 0.

Also TF2 is pay2win since you can buy weapons on the store and can only get them randomly.
>>
>>389762664
>>389762095
Why does it need 90 fps apart from the normal benifits of that fps?
>>
>>389759793
If your game is tailored to attract people by speaking to their base instincs you can not complain when their base instincs act up when you do something stupid and obviously scummy.
>>
>>389762680
>TF2 wasn't free before when i bought the Orange Box.
The hats also weren't in the game when you bought the Orange Box.
By the time they were introduced, TF2 was already severely reduced in price and went F2P a few years after.
>Do you know the odds of getting any cosmetic in TF2? Close to 0.
And?
What's your point?
>Also TF2 is pay2win since you can buy weapons on the store and can only get them randomly.
Except the weapons in TF2 are just reskins with some special properties that don't drastically change the game.
Nevermind the fact that there are plenty of servers in the game that don't allow the use of special weapons and equipment.
Hell, some servers try to run the game as close to vanilla as possible.
Your argument is pretty shit anon, surely you can do better than this.
>>
>>389762785
So it's a stable image when you move your head.
>>
>>389762680
Fallout 4 will never be free, and if you know how to trade everything in tf2 is free, but of course you 89 iq subhuman can't trade for shit.
>>
>>389761325
>Bethesda actually adopted The Pinball Arcade's paymodel

oh my god ahahahahahahaha
pirate it
>>
>>389761923
Dude, they PAY the people they outsource to. Not just for their work, but also for the COST to DEVELOP the DLC. Outsourcing happens all the time for game development.

What this allows for Bethesda to do is continually support games with NOW OFFICIAL DLC for years after the game is released.

With Bethesda paying for development costs, the people making the DLC could hire voice actors. Bethesda might even help contact voice actors for the content creator, based on whether they find the DLC good enough to warrant it.
>>
Started playing FO4 again after one year hiatus, been fun so far.
>>
>>389760245
tpbp
>>
>>389762680
Stock is almost always the best choice in tf2, the unlockables are sidegrades.
>>
>>389762680
which is still for the majority of its lifetime, and the time in which it gained most of its players, and the entire time in which there were cosmetics.
>>
>>389762932
>the people making the DLC could hire voice actors.
Kek, that's funny, we all know Bethesda is taking most of the money in this endeavor, and any "content creators" who fall for this and get fucked over by them deserve it.
Bethesda is not your friend, they don't give a fuck about the little guy, if given the chance they will fuck over everyone if it means they can make more money.
>>
>>389762785
90 is the minimum discovered by valve when designing the htc vive that produced belivable vr that does not induce headaches from extended play.

90 fps per eye, 180fps total in game rendered fps.

anything less than that it produces nausea, headaches, eyestrain.

this is why a lot of vr games look so simple in comparison to their counterparts, to keep the framerate as high as possible.

in my experiance with my vive, if you dip below 60fps it becomes very obvious that the world is choppy and laggy.
>>
>>389762971
Me too. Heck, I might even buy another copy, because it's like I have rediscovered the game.
>>
>>389760245
>Mostly Positive
>70-79% of good reviews
Still a success if it stays blue.
>>
>why don't you like corporate cock up your ass?
>>
>>389762890
You forgot to mention you can just craft the weapons you don't want into scrap and just use that to get the weapons you DO want
>>
File: wtf.png (11KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
11KB, 211x246px
>>389762890
>The hats also weren't in the game when you bought the Orange Box.
By the time they were introduced, TF2 was already severely reduced in price and went F2P a few years after.
What the hell are you talking about? No seriously what the fuck are you on about?

You basically proved my point that the first buyer of the game got fucked in the ass.There was a time when TF2 wasn't fucking 20 GB big with half of it hats we can't even wear and don't give a shit about.
How does looking for vanilla servers fix the size of the game exactly? Why are you defending shitty practice? Who is the real shill here?
>>
>>389762982
Yeah like the lochnload, gunslinger, jarate etc...
Don't lie.
>>
>>389763132
>>389762901
Alright thanks senpaitachi
>>
>>389763123
Nice rhetorical fallacies
>>
>>389763537

Not him, but loch n load got nerfed pretty heavily, gunslinger was always a sidegrade, there are plenty of times where mini sentries just don't cut it, and jarate is definitely a situational sidegrade as well.
>>
File: Kakyoin01.jpg (27KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Kakyoin01.jpg
27KB, 240x240px
Did Bethesda released the creation club exclusively for PS4?
Every mod in the CC is free elsewhere.
Maybe its just a disguise.
>>
>>389763613
no problem anonymous-san
>>
>>389760245
Nah.
>>
>>389762932
>What this allows for Bethesda to do is continually support games with NOW OFFICIAL DLC for years after the game is released.
As good as they made it sound on paper, they have now eliminated any doubt that they were more interested in the publicity of "we pay modders, we´re the good guys" than paying for actually good mods, and lets not even speak of "bethesda will do the quality control".
They deliberately failed to do it for new vegas, and will certainly not go out of their way to do it for the tiny pieces of content they hire other people to stamp out by the truckload. This is horse armor, except now they tried to shift the blame on somebody else.

They will never sponsor worthwhile mods with actual content instead of "horse powerarmor, get it?*wink wink*" or reskins, or at least that is the impression that they will have to contend with after lauching CC with a fanfare of wet farts.
>>
>>389761810
>that completely nonsensical and confusing analogy about electronics without power adapters
just say it downloads everything and be done with it
>>
>>389759793
>Gas is 6 dollars a gallon? No sir! This is what i call the cost equalizer, go to the bathroom, take the hand sanitizer and the paper towels and BOOM, sell them on E-Bay.
>>
File: 1504726499864.jpg (29KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504726499864.jpg
29KB, 450x600px
>>389761142
Well, it's a good thing the game sucks in general
>>
>>389761757
It's fucking trash and so are you, you shill.
>>
>>389763537
All of them are given free after you get some achievements.
>>
>>389761757
Why would any current quality modder make free mods when they can instead sell out to Bethesda? The only modders who will continue modding for free are those who (1) suck or (2) aren't well known. Group #2 will eventually sell out the moment they become known and can rely on their fanbase to buy their paid mods.

So the end result is that a lot of quality modders end up quitting modding and instead churn content for Bethesda.
>>
>>389764035
It has problems but the concept is good. Name calling is a confession of stupidity. Also more rhetorical fallacies.
>>
>>389764305
Yes, and this way they are compensated.
>>
>>389763645
In order to be a fallacy it would have to be wrong.
Bethesda, like every other giant corporation, does not give a fuck about the consumer and will do everything in their power to extract as much money from them as possible.
Hence why consumers would always do well to assume the worst when it comes to any company's motivations, since 9/10 times it's the correct course of action.
>>
>>389764305
Only retards will buy these mods, you can always just pirate them.
>>
>>389764440
They were already compensated. Modders already could leverage their experience and fame in the same way as anyone else with a hobby that wants to make money.

If you mean middling modders who now will get paid by Bethesda but who weren't good enough or popular enough to leverage their experience and fame... Who the fuck cares about this handful of individuals when so, so many more people (the player community) suffer by this new model.
>>
>>389764539
You sound like a neo-marxist. Also more slippery slope with no evidence to establish credibility of your assumption.
>>
>>389759793
Because that's Fallout 4's target audience
>>
>>389764819
Sucking corporate dick is the most marxist thing you can do.
>>
>>389764819
>Disliking giant crony capitalist corporations means you're a marxist
My favorite meme.
>>
>>389759793
>hate something
>keep buying it
why are bethesda drones so retarded?

if people didnt like paid mods they wouldn't buy it, since they sell great then obviously there is a huge market for it
>>
>>389764819
>get BTFO
>start throwing out adhom
every time
>>
>>389762095
lol what kind of reta-
oh wait it's fucking bethesda of course they use some hack engine that can't run physics on a different thread than the graphics
>>
>>389764659
>pirating mods

what a time to be alive
>>
>>389765043
They're just like fat people
>i need to lose some weight, so i need to stop eating
>but this food is so good tho *eats gallon of mayonnaise*
>>
>>389764819
>with no evidence to establish credibility of your assumption.

>Anti-consumer review policies
>Introduction of low-effort shit DLC (horse armor) that's plagued the industry since gen 7
>Awful, shitty engine repurposed for a fucking decade because they refuse to make any significant changes because they don't want to spend any money
>Paid mods with guidelines that fuck over the "content creators" (basically making them on par with outsourced pajeets)
Bethesda is anti-consumer as fuck, and you are indeed a shill.
>>
>>389764780
Could you cite sources where people who mod Bethesda games are frequently hired on elsewhere. Also, even if you could prove that, it doesn't change what I said and the soundness of it. They will now reliably be paid. This only applies to Bethesda games as well. Also, if your argument is prediccated on them getting exposure then "fame", a quality DLC on the Creation Club is higher profile than simply being on a mod site.

Next, the players are not entitled to anything. There is a world where modding never existed. In that space are you saying the players are still entitled to mods made with the free time of others? Why are you entitled to their labor? Or is this argument based on "withdrawal".
>>
>>389762532
By representing an overwhelming majority of the market that would normally pay them, and not paying them money.

Anything less means that you should shut up and bugger off.
>>
>>389763870
eat shit, leftard
>>
>>389765226
literally boogie, only he screams that you have to pay for his healthcare on top
>>
>>389765573
Fuck off falseflagger.
>>
>>389765573
not an argument
>>
>>389764907
I'm not sure you understand what Marxism is.

>>389764934
Corporatism is not capitalism.

>>389765052
So you are implying that pointing out someone sounding like a Marxist is an insult? So that also implies you think Marxism is bad and being one is bad, because you consider it an insult.
>>
Even if you support the concept of the creation club, the implementation is absolute ass
>forces you to download all content onto your machine even if you don't buy it
>>
>>389765630
You're not wanted here and you never will be.
>>
>>389765595
That actually adds to my point because people who don't buy this shit get fucked too when other devs start murdering their games for more money
See mass effect
>>
>>389765735
>Corporatism is not capitalism.
Corporations are the heart and soul of capitalism, lib.
>>
>>389765379
When someone has developed a skill to the point that a shit ton of people recognize the skill and appreciate it (become fans), that person can use that skill to make money in some manner (whether as a side gig or to leverage a position with a company). This is just how the world works. I'm not saying that any Tom or Dick who mods will get a job because of it.

They already received the benefit from modding, a benefit that came as icing on the cake because they weren't in it to get paid in the first place. By creating a money making machine, Bethesda has essentially changed the game -- people will always have in the back of their mind that modding potentially = making money, not because they want to do it.

Players aren't entitled to anything. There is a world where modding never existed. You're correct. But that doesn't mean that world is better than ours. Maybe we had the good world, where people for a time modded out of the enjoyment of modding and people benefited from the mods by enjoying playing mods. Now that relationship is damaged by this.
>>
>>389765735
>Corporatism is not capitalism.
Hence the term "crony capitalism."
>>
>>389765735
ad hom =/= insult you fucking retard
>>
>>389760113
developer too (in F4's case)
>>
>>389765795
If your opinion is not in line with the majority of the market then it is your opinion that needs adjustment.
>>
>>389765735
Anything jews do is marxism, and i can smell the yid in todd's shills.
>>
>>389765809
No they are not. Corporations are a result of shielding laws that protect the owners of a business. This removes accountability of the owners. Next, corporations are afforded special privileges as a result of their lobbying and corruption of government. The reason they are able to do this is a result of a government with too much power. Also, more insults that do nothing to help you. Next, if you could define "libtard", I can more accurately correct your inference.
>>
>>389765841
Yes, so it is a corrupted free market which is no longer free. This is a result of big government which is antithetical to capitalism.
>>
>>389765874
Uhhh I don't know about you but you're not ingratiating anyone with that logic

Maybe you ought try something a little more simple, you know like a minerva fallacy or a syllable fallacy. Cause that seems kind of retarded, what you just posted.
>>
>>389766321
So what does this have to do with giant corporations not actually giving two shits about you and just wanting to extract as much money as possible through awful anti-consumer business practices?
>>
File: 1472844528498.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472844528498.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>389759793
Bethesda was always seen as good guys. Incompetent, lazy, but strong believers in live and let live, that spawned massive mod community.
Now same Bethesda showed it's willing to permanently damage modding community that made it big, just to make easy buck.
So yeah, people are disillusioned, and very angry.
>>
>>389766197
Nobody called you "libtard" but it's quite telling that you read things that way.
>>
>>389765816
You have not cite any sources. Modders have come out and said they receive next to nothing in monetary compensation for their work. Finally, again you are making the argument that because having access to free mods for a period of time, you deserve to have them be free forever, correct me if I'm wrong. Last, how often do you donate to modders for their work? I know I don't.
>>
>>389762664
fallout 4 can be pretty unplayable most of the time
>>
>>389766457
Because you now moved the goalposts. You were saying that the concept of capitalism is responsible for the actions of corporations.
>>
>>389766750
>You were saying that the concept of capitalism is responsible for the actions of corporations.
Where?
>>
>>389766197
>Next, corporations are afforded special privileges as a result of their lobbying and corruption of government. The reason they are able to do this is a result of a government with too much power.

What bullshit have you been reading? Corporations exist to generate wealth. This results in sometimes positive and sometimes negative consequences on the world around it. One positive consequence is the corporation investing in the community around it to gain local community support so that it can carry on doing its thing. I don't think I need to provide an example of negative consequences.

In order for corporations to generate wealth, their board of directors need to be able to execute decisions with a certain degree of risk. If we as a society, for example, criminalized ALL bad decisions by a corporate board of directors (e.g., when a risky decision resulted in failure and lost money), no board of director would carry out risks of any kind. And then the corporation would be unable to generate wealth. And the structure would fail. This is one example of how one "special privilege" afforded to corporations isn't the result of "corruption of government," which frankly sounds like an autodidactic and failed attempt to understand the world around him. What I'm saying is get fucking educated.
>>
>>389766574
Auto corrected, I'm smashing like 7 people in debates laying naked in bed on my phone. If you would define lib then.
>>
>>389766782

>>>389764819 (You)
>>Disliking giant crony capitalist corporations means you're a marxist
>My favorite meme.
>>
>>389766871
You are just expanding on what I said. Corporations are prone to bad habits as a result of too much government. Corporations are not in anyway tied to capitalism. More insults, noice.
>>
File: 321.jpg (130KB, 680x719px) Image search: [Google]
321.jpg
130KB, 680x719px
>>389759793
STOP DOING THIS SHIT YOU FAGGY LITTLE CUNTS

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? WHAT?

I GAVE YOU A PLACE TO SELL YOUR SHIT MODS AND MAKE A BUCK

AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME

INGRATE LITTLE SHITS NO FALLOUT 5 FOR YOU

SKYRIM 2 WILL BE SWITCH EXCLUSIVE
>>
>>389766525
I always just view them until recently as too incompetent to do any harm
>>
>>389766660
>Modders have come out and said they receive next to nothing in monetary compensation for their work.

Have you not been reading my posts? I'm not saying modders are receiving $$$ in exchange for creating mods. This does not mean, however, that modders aren't benefiting from creating mods. I've explained how a number of quality modders have benefited from creating quality mods.

>Finally, again you are making the argument that because having access to free mods for a period of time, you deserve to have them be free forever

Again, you misunderstand my argument, because I'm not saying this. Nobody "deserves" shit. That doesn't mean people can't lament the consequences of decisions.
>>
>>389766782
>>389767010

Basically, the word capitalism doesn't belong there, otherwise you are correct.
>>
>>389767260
>>389767010
Do you not know what crony capitalism is?
It's not the same thing as actual capitalism.
It's literally exactly what you were complaining about where government interferes in business and favors certain companies over others.
>>
>>389767175
I don't know what "too much government" means. You haven't defined that at all. It's a useless phrase.

Regulations restrict corporate decisions and are necessary. For example, restricting child labor is widely considered to have been a great regulation, because it allowed for more children to be educated rather than used as child labor.
>>
File: 14558.png (380KB, 584x553px) Image search: [Google]
14558.png
380KB, 584x553px
I know PCfags are doing their part, but the battle is alredy lost. Sonegros are so eager to eat shit the Creation Club is alredy making bank on the PS4. They aren't targeting the midly aware consumer with this, they are targeting the lowest common denominator i.e. the console dudebro
At least I'll be happy in the knowledge that muh loli mods will never come to the creation club.
>>
>>389759793
it's not fallout 4 fans, people are just using fallout 4 to leave a negative review for bethesda
>>
>>389764305
Because the creation club has an internal restriction that means you're pretty much stuck making shitty skins. You simply can't make something bigger like a proper sidequest or a new location.
>>
>>389767570
>it's not fallout 4 fans
Obviously. They'd have to exist first.
>>
>>389767254
Then if you could show me some examples that are more recent (Not Valve buying IPs, mod on Nexus, etc). Because in my opinion, money is what most modders would appreciate in the present. A job could come later or it won't. There is a lot of risk there for little work.

The social structure of modders and players is based on passion to be sure. As the quality of the content goes up, there is no correlation with modders becoming more content not to be compensated. So to continue to expect things to be free because "we had a good thing going" (not your words but a simplified version of them), this implies you feel entitled to their work for free, does it not?
>>
>>389762932
>Dude, they PAY the people they outsource to

Yes for a small amount and then they own rights and probably don't pay royalties. Fucking bethesdrones.
>>
>>389767654
i like the game on survival mode
>>
>>389765982
Thank you Shlomo, i really needed that reality check. Millions of flies can't be wrong.
>>
>>389767362
I already explained why that is wrong. If you could form an argument instead of repeating yourself, we can continue. Crony capitalism is a corrupted free market. Crony capitalism is corporatism. Which is allowed to exist because of government power growing overtime.
>>
>>389767978
What the fuck are you even arguing against?
You're literally arguing about the definition of a term that you agree with.
Are you mentally deficient?
>>
>>389767473
this, there's a reason fallout 4 was so shit in the first place
>>
>>389767418
Corporate protections rose along government power. You are using extremes here. Regulations do exist to inhibit certain privileges of corporations. Both of which, privileges and corporations, could not exist unless the government had the power to create the laws which brought their existence.
>>
>>389767740
I should clarify. I mean, I would like some examples of from Nexus or other sites.
>>
File: 1452514484422.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1452514484422.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/1474222595300166402/

>these "arguments"

Fucking hell these people get to vote.
>>
>>389767806
I don't like Bethesda at all. The model is smart but has been executed poorly. Could you cite the pay given to modders? I'm going to make an assumption that they would not use CC if they were making more money without it.
>>
File: 547894589345.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
547894589345.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>>389759793
>caring about steam reviews

this just shows that it's actually a twitter-level mob driven toxic gas cloud of brain farts
>>
>>389768516
steam reviews are fucking worthless reddit meme shit most of the time
>>
>>389768216
More attacks, not good. Let me break it down and correct myself. Corporatism is crony capitalism, but a better word to differentiate between capitalism and corporatism. The use of crony capitalism implies the idea that capitalism is somehow at fault, when it isn't. Making sure to use precise words elevates confusion and allows for better arguments. If anything, I hope to accomplish getting you to understand that capitalism has nothing to do with corporatism, and you would hopefully make sure to use the word corporatism moving forward. And if you don't, you now can further explain crony capitalism and differentiate between the two concepts.

But you can do what you want.
>>
>>389769101
hey guys i said reddit again!
>>
>>389769268
they literally post ascii doge memes and you're telling me it's not reddit
>>
>>389761757
>Creation Club is not paid mods, it's outsourced DLC.
yeah, and I'm not fat, just big boned
>>
>>389768516
>muh damage control
Go tell Bethesda or any other publisher /developer. That's the first thing people will see if they want buy games on Steam.
>>
File: 1469315404403.jpg (7KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
1469315404403.jpg
7KB, 249x202px
Why is Fallout 4 so bad? I want it to be good.
>>
>>389769637
it's good, it just suffered from fanboyism and 30+ year old fags who can't recapture their youth the new game is different from the old games
>>
>putting paid mods on a 6 year old game instead of making a new game

Why?
>>
>>389769815
>it's good
Not really. And it's not because the bullshit reason from your shitpost. It's mediocre at best.
>>
>>389768516
>12 btw
>>
That's not petty at all. They're just exercising their right as consumers.
Sage
>>
>>389769940
it's true though, every sequel of a loved franchise gets the same treatment because nostalgiafags just want the same fucking game so they can recapture their youth, but can't

I didn't play FO3 and NV and I had a blast with F04 for 300 hours
>>
File: 6543412361.png (2KB, 278x227px) Image search: [Google]
6543412361.png
2KB, 278x227px
>>389769815
>it's good,
>>
>>389769149
Let me try one more time because I am not satisfied with my wording.

Crony Capitalism is government giving favors to friends. Corporatism encompasses that corruption. So crony capitalism IS a decent description, however it unfortunately causes people to think capitalism is part of the problem. So I would hope moving forward you make sure to make that distinction, because being precise is important.

But you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>389769483
So theoretically Creation Club can allow actual game companies to make content for it. If Obsidian made some quests and put them on the CC, is that a paid mods or DLC? Why does the number of people change how you define the content. CC was supposed to only allow original content on it. Which means at no point was it free elsewhere. It is to be designed specifically for the CC.

Care to retract what you said?
>>
>>389770350
you like the transformers films too?
>>
>>389770186
so it's alright when a review has nothing to do with gameplay and instead it's some ideological statement against the company?
>>
>>389770534
*you are sure to make
>>
>>389770846
No, but I'm curious to know what games YOU think are good
>>
>>389770872
yes becuase there are no rules governing the shitty worthless review system on steam
>>389771003
Knack
>>
File: 1441684953504.jpg (100KB, 632x493px) Image search: [Google]
1441684953504.jpg
100KB, 632x493px
>>389764305
for most modding is a hobby. We love game, so we make it better. Heck, there are people who don't even play, only mod, because it's more fun. Adults with full-time jobs don't care about scraps from publisher's table.
Now, problem isn't even idea of modders doing third party DLCs instad. If they want to make mods to sell their mods for petty coin, go ahead.

Problem is damage it will inevitably cause to free modding. As simple thing as sourcing. Vast majority of mods isn't made from scratch. Everyone borrow from everyone, and few modders is aganist it (as long as credit is given). It's like that in every modding community. Money change everything. Would you be ok with someone copying your work, mutilate it so it's not 1:1 copy, and sell it as his? Because it already happens without money involved, and it's damn near impossible to get such mod off steam workshop. It's big turnoff for modders, and I know people who withdrew from modding because of that.
Bohemia Interactive at least provided us with encryption, allowing to "lock" mod, if you don't want people snooping around it, but it's still bad solution, because you also lock out of it legit modders, who want to learn from you, or make addition to your mod.

so yeah, this actually gets me angry.
Couldn't change my review even if I wanted though, it was already negative
>>
>>389761923
>so them wanting to profit off of the work of others is okay?
>What is capitalism?
>>
>>389770807
both are just third party DLCs.
I don't care about sematics, only results.
>>
>>389769637
Depends what you want to get out of it.

If you want the typical Bethesda "RPG" experience, it's more or less the same as every other game. If you wan't something worthwhile, I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>389760245
So much this.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.