[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When and why did you abandon console gaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
When and why did you abandon console gaming?
>>
>>389755386
I never really abandoned it, it just became less viable as time went on. Gone are the days of a console hitting $99-$150 that made it easy as hell to own all 3. Even if you didn't own all 3 all you really needed was the PS2 because it had all the games under the sun.

Now I just stick to PC, 3DS, and PS4. I was soured on Nintendo consoles after the Wii (my roommate usually buys them, so i still have access to their games) and Microsoft is great at giving you reasons not to buy their systems
>>
>>389755386
Current gen. PS3, 360, and Wii all had enough exclusives and got cheap enough that they were worth. I might get a PS4 at the end of its life cycle, and I might get a switch.
>>
>>389755386
I didn't. I make enough money to play on whatever platform I prefer.
>>
I started on a pc with sims 1
>>
>>389755709
>Microsoft is great at giving you reasons not to buy their systems
I wouldn't say so, actually. They seem to learn on own mistakes, unlike Sony, who is too self-confident.
>>
>>389756002
Halo 5 and Sunset Overdrive are not worth paying $500 for when every other "exclusive" is on the PC you already have.
>>
>>389755386
about 2007, girl that i thought was the love of my life broke up with me, sold a bunch of shit including my ps2 and all games, needed money to go on a lil journey and get my mind off stuff.

didnt even care about consoles a ton at that point, and then right after that was when the modern era of pc gaming started to really get in swing, stuff like TF2 occupied my gaming time. Bought a PS3 to play demon souls, then sold it, becuase 0 other games on the console appealed to me at all. That was the end of buying consoles. I feel like they are childrens' toys now and the thing with ps4 pro and xbox one x represents a betrayal of consumers and a failure of what consoles have always been about. Now you have to buy two consoles in one generation as well as pay for online.
>>
>>389756265
>ps4 pro and xbox one x represents a betrayal of consumers and a failure of what consoles have always been about
That must be one of the best arguments I read on /v/. Out of curiosity, you're being strictly PC, how do you react to all exclusives? What do you make of them?
>>
File: 1503485881684.jpg (138KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1503485881684.jpg
138KB, 750x1000px
PCs are for white boys nigga.
>>
>>389756002
The only games I would want to play on Xbone are Forza Horizon 3 (which while it is on PC, i only have 8GB RAM at the moment) and Master Chief Collection (which is still somewhat buggy, and will probably be dead when the original Halo games are made backwards compatible)

Otherwise all the games they promote are just indie titles already available on Steam
>>
>>389756392
I just don't care about them for the most part, I'm 35 so it's a lot harder for games to get my attention in general, and the ones that do are usually PC exclusives to begin with like dota 2 or PUBG. The last exclusive I really wanted to play is Bloodborne I guess, but now after dark souls 3 I have souls fatigue and I think im tired of that style of gameplay anyway
>>
>>389756397
Can you imagine being that boring of a person, living that nothing of a life where you save up that money you stole to buy a console only to play fucking basketball simulators?
>>
>>389756392
Not >>389756265 but, I usually just don't care about console exclusives. Most of them just don't appeal to me, and the ones that do aren't worth spending the money on another system to play.
>>
>>389756406
I don't own a Xbox, never did, but what about Gears of War?
>>
>>389756997
Even Gears is now on PC.
>>
>>389757090
Good point, forgot about that.
>>
>>389755386
I have a ps4 and will soon be abandoning it for PC since I'm no longer a NEET. Abandoning because ps4/xbone are just weak PCs and a new gayming computer will last me longer then a console because I only play a handful of games and won't have to worry about server shutdowns when next gen comes out.

Also paying for online is for cucks.
>>
>>389758841
Yeah, paid online sucks. I only pay for single months at a time in order to play shit then cancel when i get bored with the game(s)

If Everybody's Golf wasn't a thing now i would probably have ditched my PS4
>>
I bought a ps4 two months ago because it actually has games.
>>
>>389755386
i havent abandoned it im just waiting for them to release some actual games. it's taking them a while
>>
i buy consoles and have a decent PC to play games, not shitpost on an anime imageboard
>>
>>389755386
Handhelds and PC is the way to go for me
>>
>>389758841
>Also paying for online is for cucks.
And renting games somehow isn't?
>>
When mandatory paid online became the standard, without any improvement in the quality of the service.
I'm not giving them money in exchange for nothing.
Unfortunately enough people seem fine with giving essentially charitable donations to billion dollar companies that it is never going to change, so I'll stick to pc until they find some way of fucking that up too, then either quit videogames, give in, or kill myself. We'll see.
>>
5 years ago, and because of terrible framerate even in spite of shitty graphics
>>
>>389755709
with inflation, consoles in the past cost even more than what they cost today, not to mention the $90 and $80 games everywhere
>>
>>389755386

>Got a Wii U
>It was a piece of shit with no games
>sold it and god a PS4
>It was another piece of shit with no games
>sold it and became a retro games collector

vidya is dead. There are almost no good games anymore. Everything is either a boring open world or a shitty online multiplayer game.
>>
I didn't, because I'm not retarded enough to isolate myself from exclusive games for no reason.
>>
>>389755386
i abandoned the Xbox because they stopped being serious about games and started trying to sell me a weird looking PC. i never got into playstation and probably never will because Sony can't make a decent controller to save their life, and no the new one that the PS4 uses is not good.
>>
>>389759903
> owning games in 2017

gonna happen to consoles too. It nearly did with the Xbone and would have happened if Fagstop didn't REEEEEE!!! Discs will be gone next gen.
>>
>>389755386
On a PC and Switch right now
I just really don't see the point of owning a PS4 or XBONE
The large majority of games between them and PC are the same, there's some jap shit on PS4 but it's not really enough to convince me to buy the system. Also I can't really imagine playing FPS games without a KB/M, and I really like modding my games.
Switch is just because of Zelda, Splatoon, and Mario Odyssey. And because handhelds are comfy.
>>
>>389761005
>money doesn't exist
alternatively
>my mom buys me everything
>>
>>389761971
How about get a fucking job as an alternative, you societal sponge cunt?
>>
>>389755386
When I was 7. My parents bought a PC and didn't buy me Nintendo. Best decision ever.
>>
>>389755386
My Xbox broke so I bought an Alienware.
Years Iater I built my own PC.
>>
>>389759003
you're funny
>>
>>389755386
After the Dreamcast.
>>
The last consoles I had were the PS3 and Wii U. I got tired of the games on those and kept playing older systems. I got into emulation and I had an ok computer then, so I started playing older stuff exclusively on pc. I then found steam, and that was the end of consoles for me.
>>
>>389756661
I've been on 4chan for 12 years so yes I can imagine living that unfulfilling of a life
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.