[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth playing yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Civilization_VI_cover_art.jpg (28KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization_VI_cover_art.jpg
28KB, 300x426px
Is it worth playing yet?
>>
No it's actually worse now.
>>
>>389746497
>389746497
Civ6 seems to be the least hyped main civ game that's ever come out.
>>
>>389746801
V got shit on way more
VI gets points for being a better vanilla release but it's too bare for anybody to care
>>
I thought they gave up on the game but they're still releasing new civs, although what it really needs is a Brave New World-type expansion.
>>
Does the entire world still sees you as a warmonger for practicing self defense?
>>
>>389747372
Um that's pretty realistic anon.
>>
>>389747435
History is written by the winners. Ask Germany.
>>
>>389747631

>Germany was acting in self defense

nice bait
>>
File: 1493705443526.jpg (9KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
1493705443526.jpg
9KB, 288x175px
>>389747861
I didn't say which war now did I?
>>
>>389748293
I don't think it applies to any war they've ever fought.
>>
>>389748667
You only say this because no one has been able to complete the system of German Idealism
>>
>>389746497
It will never be worth playing. No amount of expansions can fix this shit.

Just play IV or V with mods.
>>
>>389747113
The game hasn't even been out for a year, it took them nearly 2 for them to release an expansion for V
>>
>Civ V
>Fun at the start, have small goals, only one thing to worry about
>Becomes extremely stressful at the end with multiple troops and workers to worry about and move
>Wars becomes an absolute nightmare
Does Civ VI fix this?
>>
>>389749827
No. In fact it makes it worse because of the stricter terrain penalties and constant early barb invasions.
>>
>>389749827
Not really. They basically got rid of penalties for having a lot of cities so wide play is optimal. On top of that the number of trade routes and spies is higher and you have to keep reassigning them. Movement is slower than ever because you can't move into rough terrain with only 1 move point. On the plus side the AI is even worse at upgrading their units so they're easy to streamroll.
>>
>>389750197
>They basically got rid of penalties for having a lot of cities so wide play is optimal.
And having huge mega size single-city utopias. Became worse than ever.
>>
>>389750197
>On the plus side the AI is even worse at upgrading their units so they're easy to streamroll.
One time I got declared on by Norway early in the game from the other side of the map. I didn't see or interact with him again at all until around late renaissance when like 20 unupgraded horsemen showed up on my doorstep.

It's difficult to express how dumb and bizarre the AI is in this game.
>>
>>389749972
>>389750197
>>389750602
War in Civ games has always sucked. IRL a nation can raise a huge army in 1-2 years, and most full-scale wars last less than a decade. In Civ the turns represent so much time that they can only represent wars that take decades or centuries, especially in the early game. It doesn't take 800 years to create a cavalry unit IRL. It doesn't take 1000 years to move a spearman unit from one side of Europe to another.
>>
>>389749827
>not exclusively playing one city challenge in civ
It's comfy as fuck and viable in singleplayer
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.