[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: GA.03977.0001.png (524KB, 950x469px) Image search: [Google]
GA.03977.0001.png
524KB, 950x469px
What went wrong?
>>
>>389736842
PS4
>>
It's 2017. Who gives a flying fuck about some dead anime genre washup mixed with sleep inducing gameplay.
>>
I really liked the beta.
>>
Does this game has any missions or anything to play single player like the ps3 ones?
>>
No AGE units, for me
>>
>>389738080
Honestly no.
>>
>>389736842
Suits
>>389737448
Same
>>
>>389736842

Don't you get a hard on when an anon trolls you by calling you sweetie?
>>
exia, barbatos and epyon
>>
Terrible roster
strikers
Terrible room/lobby system
No custom music
>>
I didn't like the beta. I knew it was like a fighting game, but I didn't think it would just be a fighting game with all the weirdly clunky/strict movement and such. I was expecting something closer to the combat from an Armored Core title.

I went back to Gundam Breaker 3.
>>
>>389739656
I'd be hardpressed to describe GV's movement as clunky or strict.
>>
>>389736842
Eh, the beta was alright, it kinda reminded me of Virtual On.

The movement feels a bit clunky and the controls aren't great, I'll admit that.
>>
>>389736842
>Going full throttle with DLC immediately (currently there's like 8 DLC suits and the game's only been out for like 2 months)
>Strikers are obscenely lazy and poorly balanced (there's literally three strikers that are meta and everything else is shit in comparison)
>cost balance is horrendous (vast majority of 200's and 300's are gutter trash)
>no custom music and despite that native streaming is disabled anyway, basically killing any chance this game has of becoming popular
>small annoying things like grounded steps lifting you off the ground if you empty your gauge, meaning most rainbow brake cancels are pointless now
Outside of that stuff it's pretty fun though.

>>389738080
You've got a survival mode and an arcade route-based mode.
There's also an update coming that allows you to play as Mobile Armors in a special 5v1 gametype.

>>389739656
>weirdly clunky/strict movement
There's a lot of problems with the game, but movement isn't one of them.
Take more than 30 seconds to explore the controls.
>>
>>389739656
>clunky/strict movement

maybe you're just shit?
>>
>>389741352
>>389739656
Gundam Versus' movement is like Tekken. Clunky and slow until you learn how it works and then the game really opens up.
>>
>>389741739
>>389741524

Oh, I have no doubt that if you're good at the game you can master the controls. I watched a stream of someone during the beta and they were fucking zipping about all over the place at a speed I couldn't keep up with.

I'll admit that I'm probably just not good enough. I'm utterly shit at fighting games, they give me no joy whatsoever, I don't have the reflexes or button control.

I found when I was boosting, aside from overheating (which is my fault) it's difficult to change direction while boosting (and I could only boost in four directions). I also found I could only stay up in the air for maybe a second or do one maneuver up there before overheating, whereas it felt like other players could stay up for ages and batter me. And it felt like whenever I got hit I'd be locked into a falling over animation for long enough to get hit again.

I just can't see there being any long term fun for me, since everyone who plays it is going to be good at it and I'm just going to lose the game for my team. I prefer single player stuff.
>>
File: iu.png (282KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
iu.png
282KB, 500x398px
>>389739341
FUNNELS HASHIN!
>>
>>389736842
Don't really see the appeal in playing a substitute for a barebones fighting game if you can even call it like that.
>>
>>389736842
No G and X killed for me.
>>
>>389743801
fuck this stupid thing

literally impossible to get close once dragoons are out
>>
The problem is that MBON is really fucking better. Same with EXVSFB.
>>
>>389736842
I never played this one so I can't comment on gameplay, but as someone who played EXVS and Full Boost to death, this game just isn't for me.

>no representation from War in the Pocket, Blue Destiny, G Gundam, Gundam X, SEED Astray
>only Build Fighters unit is a boring manga unit
>many of my favorite units gutted for shit like Hizack and Nemo
>all cool duo suits like the Kapools and Marasai/Gabthley got split up
>no split-screen co-op
>no custom BGM
>suit-unique Strikers got replaced by generic across the board Strikers

It's like everything I liked about Full Boost or would've loved to see in a sequel got gutted.
>>
>>389736842
Gundam yard sale fighting game. What do you think went wrong?
>>
>>389736842

Striker selection was a horrible idea. Not only were a lot of suits defined by their assists, making them more homogenized, but they aren't balanced for shit. Guntank assist set rx-78 apart, now everyone has it. They also seem to have come down hard on unique mechanics, most of the suits are a lot simpler. Which doesn't bother me personally, because I'm shit and always preferred the basic suits, but it's a clear problem that half the roster has a br, a bz or missiles, and a saber throw. A suit like the jesta should have a unique jesta assist to make it different, but it just has a shitty second set of missiles that should be a never used csA instead.

I'm still buying it though. Not like we're ever getting mbon, and FB is dead.
>>
>>389744860
it's pretty clear strikers were a mistake when everyone is using the same 3 strikers and all the rest are left rotting on the bench
>>
No G No buy
>>
>>389745061

It didn't even take long to spread. By day 2 of the beta everyone had a kimaris or guntank, with a handful of sumos and random gerobi suits. I fought guys who would switch to the guntank I used on them between games, the difference in power is so obvious.
>>
>>389744014
Then why not respect him while his funnels are up and wait for them to disappear.
They only last like 6-8 seconds.
>>
>>389746185
even if you try to run away the spread is fucking huge so you will most likely get tagged anyway.
>>
>>389736842
The PS3 game is miles better with more content and better roster.

Some units like the O and the Qubeley were fucked beyond belief thanks to the Strikers shit.
>>
>>389747214
Dev's are at least actively patching and balancing the game as opposed to FB.
Hopefully they will listen when people complain about strikers, I think it would be better if strikers were locked to the series they come from or something similar.
>>
File: GusionFullCityFA.jpg (309KB, 1280x901px) Image search: [Google]
GusionFullCityFA.jpg
309KB, 1280x901px
>>389736842

A third of the cast missing, no NEW actual Gundams and the netcode being infuriating to play with. (seriously, where the hell are the IBO Season 2 units, AGE or the Build Fighters units?)

Synchronising...
Connection lost...
Synchronising....
Connection lost...

Over and over and over again.
>>
>>389748890
>where the hell are the IBO s2 units
>Lupus is in the game

Connection problems occur because you're likely playing with wireless or someone has like sub 2MBps and even more if you're playing 3v3, even Dissidia is like this.

I do wish they brought over some AGE suits at least over the other missing series simply because we didn't even get AGE yet.
>>
>>389743801
Providence vs Hot (shit) Scramble: Who has the most annoying funnels?
>>
>>389744170
>>suit-unique Strikers got replaced by generic across the board Strikers
To be honest, this was a pretty necessary change.
>>
>>389741739
I don't think you ever played Tekken in your life
>>
>>389744170
>>389750116

Yes and no. The devs made boost dive a really strong tool that doesn't really punish you when you step midair and dive immediately. The game spends more time being played up close and personal than past arcade versions because of this. The rectification they gave was making some strikers insanely good defensive or defensive/offensive options so that you can punish people that approach and don't respect your striker stock.

I think the game would feel less wild if those notorious strikers were generally weaker and there was some kind of movement or action penalty to diving, to keep it from being a super spammable tool that enables you to get in people's faces easily.
>>
>>389750873
They already nerfed The O by giving it harsher scaling, but they still need to tone down Guntank and Gold Sumo.
>>
>>389751485

I agree, but I think in order to justify nerfs to those really good strikers, you /need/ the dive nerfs too or else you just leave mobile suits that are decently balanced without a reliable self-defense in a really aggressive, step>dive meta.
>>
>>389751818
Didn't one of the earlier betas have a weaker dive?
>>
>>389752076

It may have, but I can't say for certainty since I never played that first closed beta, personally. I can say that when the JP open beta came, it was a really strong tool and stayed as such into the current version of the game.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.