[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destiny 2 has a microtransaction problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: F83YpiMXCUkeyE6JQ4TXki.jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
F83YpiMXCUkeyE6JQ4TXki.jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
>"Destiny 1 has plenty of microtransactions via the in-game shop, dubbed the Eververse Trading Company. You're able to buy a raft of in-game items, such as emotes, exotic ornaments and even sparrows. Destiny 2, however, crosses the micro-transaction line in a number of areas - and the Destiny community is not happy."

>"In Destiny 2 shaders are consumables, which means they're one-time use. Bungie did not signal this change in some update on its website, or warn players in a tweet before the game came out. Players have discovered this for themselves - and it's come as one hell of a surprise."

>"One of the ways you can get shaders in Destiny 2 is by buying blind loot boxes from the Eververse Trading Company with the in-game currency you buy with real-world cash. You can't just go to a shader shop and buy the one you want when you want it."

>"Moving on from shaders, Destiny 2's in-game shop has come under fire for offering gameplay-affecting mods.

>"These mods, which can be applied to armour and weapons, boost your character in some way. Take the Impact Absorption Mod, for example. This increases the resilience of the armour it's applied to, allowing you to absorb more damage. Another mod makes class abilities charge faster. You can see why you'd want mods."

Why are people so mad about colors and vanity stuff, /v/? I understand that upgrades are pretty shitty, but colors... COME ONE.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-07-destiny-2-has-a-microtransaction-problem
>>
Okay for skins and colors i get it, every rpg/mmo and fps game has a system where you can unlock shit and it stays unlocked. Emotes? Couldn't care less and I'd be up for it of it means we get free content and less dlc but sadly it wont go like that
>>
File: mrduck.png (35KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mrduck.png
35KB, 512x512px
>It's worth noting that currently you can only buy rare quality mods from the in-game shop, and once you finish the Destiny 2 campaign, the Gunsmith vendor character sells legendary quality mods in exchange for easy-to-obtain weapon parts

Read more fag.
Destiny 2 is gonna be the best game this year, and all the /v/ rage proves it
>>
>>389734886
Because microtransactions do not belong in a full price AAA game, cosmetic or not
>>
>>389735234
Pretty sure nier won that. Stay mad bungie
>>
>>389735237
You frickin dingaling. Games cost less than ever because of inflation, while the actual price has stayed the same for years. Microtrans and dlc are the best solution to this problem, and should be praised for their implementation.
>>
>>389734886
>>"Destiny 1 has plenty of microtransactions via the in-game shop, dubbed the Eververse Trading Company. You're able to buy a raft of in-game items, such as emotes, exotic ornaments and even sparrows. Destiny 2, however, crosses the micro-transaction line in a number of areas - and the Destiny community is not happy."
>
>>"In Destiny 2 shaders are consumables, which means they're one-time use. Bungie did not signal this change in some update on its website, or warn players in a tweet before the game came out. Players have discovered this for themselves - and it's come as one hell of a surprise."
>
>>"One of the ways you can get shaders in Destiny 2 is by buying blind loot boxes from the Eververse Trading Company with the in-game currency you buy with real-world cash. You can't just go to a shader shop and buy the one you want when you want it."
>
>>"Moving on from shaders, Destiny 2's in-game shop has come under fire for offering gameplay-affecting mods.
>
>>"These mods, which can be applied to armour and weapons, boost your character in some way. Take the Impact Absorption Mod, for example. This increases the resilience of the armour it's applied to, allowing you to absorb more damage. Another mod makes class abilities charge faster. You can see why you'd want mods."
>
>Why are people so mad about colors and vanity stuff, /v/? I understand that upgrades are pretty shitty, but colors... COME ONE.
>
>http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-07-destiny-2-has-a-microtransaction-problem

TLDR

I do love when Devs come here to shill their shit. Haven't they heard, we don't play games.
>>
>>389735426
>Praise DLC and microtransactions
Please please please please please kys please I beg you
>>
>>389734886
what a floodgate turd, this future of gacha, microtransactions, loot box riddled videogames is looking bleak. Gambling skinnerboxes were a mistake.
Hopefully it has not reached games i'm interested in yet but it's only a matter of time.
Industry bubble crash when?
>>
>4 pieces of armor
>shaders come in packs of 3

so basically shaders don't exist in this game. i'm ok with that.
>>
>>389735594
I'm already 30 which is basically 40 and closer to 50. I don't see things getting better but I hope next year when I turn 70 I'll still be able to enjoy my videogames because I have nothing else
>>
>>389735426
Your bait game is pretty good, I'll give you that
>>
>>389735715
So you gotta buy two packs? Seems kinda jewy if I may be so blunt.
>>
>>389734886
>the transgender mod last 6 hours
>have to buy a new one for $4.99
you mad now op?
>timer doesn't stop when you log off
>>
Holy fuck people are retarded. It's only cosmetic items and it effects nothing in game. Also, if you just spend some time playing on each planet you'll get like 10 of every shader just from chests.

Destiny has flaws, sure, but people are blowing this shit way out of proportion.
>>
>>389736195

>360000 upboates on pebbit

>100s of hate threads about it at the official forum

>"nothing"

t. Destiny marketing team
>>
>>389736195
>it's ok bro, it's only cosmetics
No.
>>
File: 1504927312047.png (221KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1504927312047.png
221KB, 380x380px
>>389736195
>It's only cosmetic items and it effects nothing in game

>In a game where people like to show off their cosmetics
>Players love customizing their characters in general, in any game that enables it

>LOL DUDE ITS JUST COSMETICS BRO, YOU PAID 60 DOLLARS? QUIT BEING ENTITLED!
>>
>>389736343

Fine faggot, tell me what actual detriment it has to your character in game besides not being able to make your trans male guardian wear all pink armor. I'll wait.

>>389736349
Bungie knows the instant they make pay to win armor they'll lose their entire player base. I have hopes that they aren't that retarded but we'll see I guess. They had plenty of opportunity to do it in the first game but promised everyone they, "never would."
>>
>>389736536
Pay money if you want it. Don't if you don't. It's pretty easy to not buy stuff that's not worth the price. I don't get it.
>>
>>389736794
>games used to allow you to unlock skins and different colours for your character and weapons etc
>publishers remove those options and put them behind a paywall nowadays

>It's ok because it's just cosmetics
>>
>>389736934
You want a thing, but you're not willing to buy it. I want a thing, but I'm not willing to buy it. The only difference is that you're crying about it.
>>
>people complain about shaders
>people also complain about the new infuse system
Cry more, it's already fucking easy to get a high light level on a perfect fashion guardian, why leave it easier?
>>
File: inflation games.png (6KB, 236x206px) Image search: [Google]
inflation games.png
6KB, 236x206px
>>389736934
>videogames are cheaper than ever, because they use microtransactions to exploit whales
>WAHHH I WANT WHAT WHALES HAVE BUT I'M TOO POOR

Shut the fuck up and enjoy your cheap game.
>>
>>389736934

Except you can still unlock those fucking things. You can just pay to get them sooner if you want to. But stay mad sperg. I'll go buy some sharers right now so Activision can hasten the crash of the video game industry with this one fucking useless change.
>>
>>389735426
Yeah these big devs are so hard done by with their untaxed offshore millions.
>>
which game did microtransactions first
>>
>>389737248
probably MMOs
>>
File: jews.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jews.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>389735503
>TLDR
destiny 2 is a cash grab and should be avoided
>>
>>389734886
I really wouldn't mind them if they weren't one use
>>
Play Halo 3 and you've basically got the exact same gameplay with a better story and multiplayer with less pointless weapons and it'll cost you 5$
>>
>>389735426
fuck off underage
>>
File: 1503268016656.jpg (13KB, 288x268px) Image search: [Google]
1503268016656.jpg
13KB, 288x268px
>>389736982
before
>buy game
>get game
after
>buy game
>rest of game is locked behind another paywall cause international jewery

>>389737160
>video games are cheaper
>the standard of living is more expensive than ever before

>>389737185
BEFORE
>BUY GAME
>GET GAME
AFTER
>BUY GAME
>SHIT THAT USED TO BE IN THE GAME IS NOW PURCHASABLE

YID
I
D
>>
File: alg-gucci-tattoo-jpg.jpg (70KB, 970x886px) Image search: [Google]
alg-gucci-tattoo-jpg.jpg
70KB, 970x886px
>>389737160
>videogames are cheaper than ever
>they take content out of the game to release as paid DLC later on
>>
I don't get why bungie is wasting development on customization you won't see 99% of the time. Give each "class" a base armor model, that's all an FPS requires. Send those devs to work on something else.
>>
>>389735426
This, but I'd rather games just cost more.
>>
>>389737160
Personally, I would gladly pay an extra 20 dollars per game if it meant companies went back to not using microtransactions and over-priced DLC that was cut from the original game to begin with.

Seriously, the Season Passes alone cost more to buy than that inflation price difference. It's pretty clear that the inflation excuse is just exploited by publishers to implement anti-consumer systems that ultimately earn them many times more than what they're losing by keeping games the same price as 20 years ago.
>>
>>389735426
Games used to cost way more when they had to use eprom carts and buy them from Nintendo and Sega you underage nigger.

Not gamers fault that budgets have run out of control with excessive advertising costs and a focus on graphics when most games can't run at a stable frame rate and charge for shit that used to be free.
>>
>>389735426
>You frickin dingaling. Games cost less than ever because of inflation, while the actual price has stayed the same for years. Microtrans and dlc are the best solution to this problem, and should be praised for their implementation.
Why can't they just be honest and raise the sales prices? Why all the trickery?
>>
>>389736195
For every person here that won't pay there's 10 normie faggots who do.

It's a slippery slope and we're already seeing the avalanche behind it.
>>
>>389735234

This is actually wrong.

He sells the best mods at a conversion rate. Two good mods can be dismantled and then used to buy 1 good mod (of a random type). You can literally break down two mods you don't need, then buy a mod and get the exact same one you broke down.
>>
>>389735715

Actually if you count your class item there is 5 pieces of armor.
>>
>>389737248
Dead Space 3 on AAA scale games from what I remember, but Everquest did them at some point also
>>
>>389739153

You can also customise your weapons, ghost and vehicles. It takes 11 shaders to fully customise your appearance.

Also the shaders are random. You're not guaranteed to get the shaders you want.
>>
File: 1497484296153.png (87KB, 353x282px) Image search: [Google]
1497484296153.png
87KB, 353x282px
>people buy D1
>complain about DLC but buy it anyway
>more DLC come out
>complain about it but still buy it
>D2 come out
>Activision seeing how brain dead D1 players are, double down on the DLC
>people complain but buy the game and DLC anyway
I'd nickle and dime every idiot who buy my games like that too, why should I stop with the DLC when the consumers won't stop buying them?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.