[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: ds lost izalith.jpg (293KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ds lost izalith.jpg
293KB, 1280x720px
How would you fix it?
>>
More lava
>>
More demon infested ancient city, less tree roots over lava
>>
>>389733141
more buildings in that room
another enemy type for the buildings
that's about it really, the rest is p good
>>
>>389733359
really? not changing the bed of chaos battle at all?
>>
>>389733270
>no solid ground at all
>everything is lava
>you take continuous damage
>lava is dipping from the ceiling
>flowing down walls
>if you touch the walls you take additional damage
>enemies spit lava at you
>>
Just this week I found out that those bass demons can do karate type moves. Fromsoft, what madmen
>>
>>389733434
at that point you kind of have to revel in the bullshit
it's a shitty fight, but there's no way to fix it without changing the lore
>>
>>389733480
I'm pretty sure the lore won't be affected if you remove "random pieces of the floor crumbling as you walk over them and into your death" from the battle.
>>
>>389733526
no, that would just be changing the laws of physics.
>>
>>389733674
what do you mean?
>>
I was a shithead who looked up illusory walls beforehand cause I hated the mechanic (still do actually)
I can't even imagine how mind-numbingly boring the runup to BoC would be if you didn't know about the hidden bonfire
>>
>>389733707
with that bigass tree rotting through everything, that floor's going to be hollow no matter what, it's gotta fall out.
>>
>>389733745
nonsense, it was perfectly fine when you first walked over it, come on you very well know that part of the battle doesn't need to be there, also this is a fantasy videogame.
>>
axe the retarded lava gimmick, make the lower portion like an ancient city with buildings and what you do is try to find your way up, at least 2 tiers to the top where the temple containing the bed of chaos
As for the bed of chaos itself, remove the final and the fucking horseshit instant death RNG firestorm attack, and have you fight the body of the bed of chaos, and then after a while it flinches allowing access to the glowing things for you to break and then it powers up the bed of chaos for the next phase. And then you it finally lets you hit the glowing spirit ball thing or maybe a deformed witch body on the back of the bed of chaos, instead of having an obnoxious little bug that you have to roll through roots to get through while hoping you don't get RNG killed by the firestorm, because that's just an aggravating anti-climax.
>>
>>389733810
this was really the wrong direction
it's there purely for that, yes. and that's fine.
it's meant to be the most depressing of bossfights.
>>
>>389733816
>make the lower portion like an ancient city with buildings and what you do is try to find your way up
Oh yeah genius, another Undead Burg
Give this man a job designing vidya levels!
>>
>>389733816
Oops, I meant remove the final jump
You know, the one that tricks you by misleading you in to thinking you should just jump straight when you actually have to jump to the right. Bravo A-team.
>>
>>389733882
pretty sure Gwyn is meant to be more depressing than that, all BoC does is make you hate trees.
>>
>>389733898
No, you can jump straight
>>
>>389733882
I'm not sure "depressing" means "frustrating, horrible, annoying, shitty, boring, bullshit battle".
>>
>>389733892
That's not what you do in undead burg at all. In undead burg you're just going forward through an obvious single route towards a tower which leads to a bridge and the boss. You can't even see where you're going unless you stop and look. In lost izalith it's obvious you're meant to ascend, and I think it'd be better if it actually had, like, gameplay for that, instead of just running through dragon butts to a tree branch
>>
>>389733898
I jumped straight. It's not direction, it's timing, you gotta wait for him to do his fly swat attack then jump.
>>
>>389733990
The dragon butts were so dark (despite standing on the glowiest most eye-melting fucking thing ever put in a videogame) I couldn't tell what they were at all, just that they had 2 legs.
>>
File: treeass.jpg (36KB, 236x356px) Image search: [Google]
treeass.jpg
36KB, 236x356px
>>389733932
Not all trees are bad.
>>
>>389733141
remove it from the game
>>
>>389734156
This.
>>
>>389733141
>only short patch of lava, make it look great
>huge fucking labyrinth of a city with 3 dimensional level design infested with all kinds of demons
>make bed of chaos actual battle instead of the failed puzzle thing
>>
>>389733141
More ancient city explorin
Less lava roamin
>>
>first part is a demon city
>bed of chaos is a proper "chaotic fire" boss
>the boss battle area is a huge lava area
>the boss still has gimmicky mechanics but you're fighting across the entire level instead of camping and hoping you're not knocked off
>>
>>389733141
Remove the last 3 bonfires and place a new one directly next to the boss door. There's no reason to have bonfires directly before and after the centipede demon when the elevator to fair lady's bonfire exists.
>>
File: bed-of-chaos-large.jpg (132KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
bed-of-chaos-large.jpg
132KB, 600x338px
How would you fix it?
>>
File: eraser.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
eraser.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
>>389735165
>>
>>389735165
More projectile fire attacks, less sweeping arm spam, less missing floor
>>
>>389733141
why the fuck did they put undead dragon legs in this area?
>>
>>389735320
the world of dark souls truly is a mysterious place.
>>
more cowbell
>>
File: 1504941962487.gif (747KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1504941962487.gif
747KB, 500x281px
>>389735439
>Solaire excitedly announces he found his sun
>Pulls out a cowbell
>>
>>389735320
because they ran out of time to make an actual demon enemy to put there so they dropped in the cut content dragon butt
>>
>>389735546
I'd rather have more taurus demons than dragon butts
>>
File: considerHomer.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
considerHomer.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>389735637
How about neither?
>>
Dark Souls: Remastered with cut content, fixed Izalith, all DLC, and PvP/balance improvements when?
>>
>>389736023
when you lose your virginity.
>>
>>389736064
That's happened, so the question remains when?
I forgot to include graphics, and a canon explanation for why the repair box uses souls to repair weapons, in my wishlist
>>
I liked lost izalith, it was a nice change of pace. The entire level was based around non-respawning enemies and objects. Not all levels has to be challenging or follow the rules.
Granted the stone balls demons were boring to fight but that's about it.
Souls games are better with gimmicky mechanics and weird design choices.

It would've made more sense if the entire level was optional. Also, make the level visually more interesting. Sure this goes for any level, but there is a certain sense of wonder and exploration that is only matched by ash lake.
>>
>>389733480
>>389733526
The only fix that the Bed of Chaos needs is that there should be a lower level below the crumbling floor so that you get a chance to climb back up instead of dying instantly

The fight still might not be very interesting, but it wouldn't be as broken and tedious. You can then start adding stuff that they had planned, like more stages to the fight or have the bed of chaos spawn demons
>>
>>389736146
>Not all levels has to be challenging or follow the rules.
But no level should be a horizontal plane of unnecessarily colorful lava with WHOOSH WHOOSH sound effects everytime you take damage with a pseudo platforming boss at the end.
>>
>>389733141
Add double bloom effect
>>
>>389736286
also in response to >>389735165
>>
>>389733141
Remove the dragon legs, dragon statues, and former bosses as the regular enemies and replace them with something unique and interesting to fight.

Add more verticality to the level design instead of a flat plane that it is now.

Remove Bed of Chaos and replace it with an interesting and challenging boss.
>>
Make the current incarnation of Bed of Chaos optional, make dying to Bed of Chaos send you to a locked bonfire in a new area, similar to Seath's illusion. The new area would have a miniboss and combat against a powered-up and fully insane Solaire (dying to Bed of Chaos triggers his bad end), before allowing you to a path to kill the Bed of Chaos from underneath.

Nothing else needs to change, except maybe some engine lighting fixes.
>>
>>389733141
make it look like one of those ancient underground Tomb Raider ruins.
>>
leave those tube monsters in the area for sigmeyere quest bust make that area bigger so its like an oh shit thing.

remove excess lava around the ruins and remove dragon butts.
what the fuck is even around the parameter to the left and right from the secret bonfire?
>>
>>389733882
> it's meant to be the most depressing of bossfights.

It's not meant to be anything, the entire are is just unfinished.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.