[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: julycover-620x.jpg (87KB, 620x740px) Image search: [Google]
julycover-620x.jpg
87KB, 620x740px
3 > 1 > 2

What a fucking amazing trilogy.
>>
>>389731874
1 = 2 >>>>>> horseshit > 3
>>
>>389731874
pls tlk
>>
>>389731874
bad bait son
>>
>>389731874
You mean
3 < 1 < 2
>>
>>389732007
3 wasn't that bad but story and cutscenes every few minutes kinda ruin it
>>
2 > 1 > 3
>>
>>389732184
The gampelay is shit.
>slow movement
>bullettime is shit so you have to abuse shootdodge
>recovery from floor is slow
>weapon carry limit
>weapon aiming is not instantly
>even the smallest shit you bump into makes max flop around like a ragdoll
>cinematic shootouts where you are forced into with a pistol, given zero other options
>turret section

It tries to be realistic defeating the whole fucking point of MP.
>>
3 was best.
>>
File: 1467109030082.jpg (381KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467109030082.jpg
381KB, 1200x1200px
>>389732261
>>389732162
>2 better than anything
>>
>>389732418
2 wipes the floor with 3 and takes a huge shit on it.
>>
>>389731874
really liked airport scene. can't remember anything else besides shit like slamming into counters and tables because of that physics fuckery
>>
I recently went through all games for the first time, finished mp1 and mp2 on dead on arrival.
2 improves gunplay a lot since headshots do more damage and guns are more accurate. but bullettime is more of a crutch in mp2 because he moves faster during it. guns are also more balanced but it gives most guns very early on. the writing is a bit worse and the humor of the first game is more or less gone in mp2 apart from captain baseball bit.
mp3 on the other hand is more like a cover-based tps of the time. max is glued to the ground and cant even jump. when he runs, which shouldnt be in the game in the first place, camera is locked to some weird angle. 2 weapon limit. and every time he goes near a closed door he slows down, followed by another cutscene.
>>
So, let me get this straight, 3 has:
>best gunplay
>best physics
>best story
>best graphics
>best soundtrack
>best artstyle
>best character development
>actual substantive and thematic noir instead of generic "le snowy, rainy New York City detective" cliche noire
>good, clever writing (e.g. "I had a hole in my second-favorite drinking arm, and the only way we were going to get Fabiana back now was in installments") that isn't tryhard, overly-metaphorical self-indulgent college freshman garbage or godawful """""deep""""" meta fourth-wall trash (e.g. "You are le in a le video game Max XDDD")
and you dumb motherfuckers think it's the WORST in the series?
>>
>>389732779

typical /v/irgins
>>
>>389732779
What game in the series came out last? That's the worst.
>>
>>389732261
>2 > 1 > 3
I'm still mad about 2. It's a solid game, but it's obviously the weakest of the 3.
>>
>>389732474
2's story is fucking shit
>LOL VLAD IS BEHIND EVERYTHING WHAT A TWEEST
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (22KB, 236x291px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
22KB, 236x291px
>>389732779
>best gunplay
Wrong, it's the WORST.
The presentation is the best (animations, muzzle flashes etc.), but actual arsenal and shooting part is fucking piss poor.
Unarmored enemies survive multipe assault rifle shots to the chest fuck fuck's sake and you can't carry more than a big and two small arms..

>best physics
Unwelcome change, this just introduced limits to movement and reduced the overall speed of the game.

>best story
My fucking sides.
None of the characters are memorable or interesting and the story goes fucking nowhere. "THEY ARE TURNING PEOPLE TO GLUE"

>best soundtrack
Apart from 1 song it's forgettable, the MP1 and 2 sountracks shit on it hard.

>best artstyle
What artstyle? It's just "realistic", there aren't even any memorable levels like the funhouse.

>best character development
HAHA I get it because he shaves his head.

>actual substantive and thematic noir instead of generic "le snowy, rainy New York City detective" cliche noire
So it was bait all alone, I've been rused.

Also no mod support.
Where's MP3 Kung Fu huh?
>>
File: whackim.png (1MB, 1201x638px) Image search: [Google]
whackim.png
1MB, 1201x638px
>>389731874
fuck off with that shit, 2 is pure ludo.
>>
File: maxresdmnkefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdmnkefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
WITH A LIMP

legit one of the harshest endings to a "boss"
>>
>>389733458
are you seriously complaining about Mp3 bullet sponges? in MP1 after the first half everything becomes a bullet sponge
>>
>>389732007
>>389732372
like the ost on wasn't goat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSbs4r5eFp4
>>
File: Stranglehold8.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Stranglehold8.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Real Max Payne 3 coming through.
>>
>>389734121
I'm not a big Health fan but their OST was legit amazing.
>>
>>389734287
That's not El Matador
>>
>>389732779
good post.
>>
1>2>3
Any other opinion is for plebs.
>>
>>389732779
>mp3 had clever writing
Neo-/v/ pls go.
>>
>>389731874
1 is the only good one. 2 and 3 are shitty cash grabs.
>>
>>389731874
1 > 3 > 2

2 is still good, but I prefer 1's story. 3's story is dogshit, but I like Max being a retarded drunken slob killing Brazilians by the boatload. The shooting in 3 is just perfection, but you don't get the same feeling that you're on a quest for righteous, violent justice against a worthless cunt that you do in the first game. That feeling is priceless.
>>
>>389733458
>narmored enemies survive multipe assault rifle shots to the chest fuck fuck's sake
And same goes for MP1 after you first see Mercs, then Killer Suits and finally Aesir Security, all of which tank shit and make half of your arsenal useless.MP2 honestly did it best because even mercs were only a notch tougher, but still could be killed even with berretas easily.
>>
1 > 3 > 2
Only right order.
>>
>>389733908
Complaining about bullet sponges in MP is kinda silly in general because scoring headshots isn't difficult and kills all enemies almost instantly, and guns like the double uzis absolutely destroy enemies.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.