[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RTS thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

RTS thread?
>>
>>389730032
I really don't want to start heavy drinking from this hour anon.
>>
File: GrimGrimoire dragon.jpg (350KB, 1920x1344px) Image search: [Google]
GrimGrimoire dragon.jpg
350KB, 1920x1344px
Does Japan do RTS?
>>
trying to play StarCraft again since they made it free but I fucking can't get into it
>>
>>389730230
>vanillaware was supposed to make a standard RTS because the crew loved playing starcraft
shit that could have been
>>
Act of aggression is on sale. Anyone recommend it?
>>
File: 1487343747284.png (352KB, 520x414px) Image search: [Google]
1487343747284.png
352KB, 520x414px
>>389730530
It's really mediocre.
>>
>>389730871
Is it worth 7 bong bucks tho?
>>
File: img_sys_2[1].jpg (115KB, 672x503px) Image search: [Google]
img_sys_2[1].jpg
115KB, 672x503px
>>389730230
Yes
>>
>>389731021
Only if you're really starved for RTSes. You could replay CnC 3 and probably have more fun with it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (361KB, 639x475px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
361KB, 639x475px
>>389730032
>Civilians arm to the teeth with military grade weapons
>>
>>389730871
It's a "Tom Clancy RTS".
Features unique mechanic where you capture PoWs to gather resources.
I had lots of fun in its campaign, and even more in its expansion.

WARNING! I had a lot of glitches based on what windows version I set in compatibility.
>>
File: myth_moagim.jpg (77KB, 675x507px) Image search: [Google]
myth_moagim.jpg
77KB, 675x507px
>>389730032
>RTS

Aww shit, now I can't bring up Myth.
>>
File: warlords battlecry 3 10.jpg (326KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
warlords battlecry 3 10.jpg
326KB, 1280x1024px
Are rts/rpg hybrids allowed too?
>>
>>389730032
I really miss the feeling of the originals C&C's. The original command&conquer, even with some fantascience (eg. Obelisk, ion cannon), was giving the feel of a real war, especially the NOD's africa scenario
>>
>>389731643
>all those boxes
>>
I remember playing an RTS years ago, almost like it was set in Vietnam and you could call in B52 bombers to do bombing runs, anybody know this?
>>
File: 13811.png (74KB, 662x635px) Image search: [Google]
13811.png
74KB, 662x635px
>>389730032
Regarding the RA/C&C series, can we all agree that having finite resources was a mistake? Granted, they're not actually finite, but the ore regrowth rate was always so slow that they might as well have been. The game always slows down mid to late game as your income lowers to a trickle and you always have to consider if what you're constructing/training is actually cost-efficient, whereas a game like Supreme Commander gives you more freedom (and you also don't have to micro your harvesters, something which I always found infuriating in RA/C&C because they're apparently driven by special needs people).
>>
>>389733685
dunno desu, suppose you're right but I didn't play MP really so I could turtle in skirmish and campaign a lot where it wasn't rly an issue.
>>
>>389732369
This game is awesome. Unbelievably so. You can get it free too. Google "The protectors mod, Warlords Battlecry 3"
>>
>>389733685
finite resources prompts players to finish a game quickly

which is something I don't like

t.turtler
>>
>>389734313
Yeah but the thing is they don't always end quickly if both teams just spam the same one or two types of units. This was pretty bad in vanilla C&C 3 where the GDI was so good that everyone just spammed predator tanks. Eventually you'd get rail gun upgrade which made them decent against infantry as well, but you could run those people over anyway, and you'd eventually add some mammoth tanks because they were just so good, but other than that it was all predator tanks and maybe a few missile troops in between. If it was a mirror match-up, this could go on for quite some time.
Kane's Wrath did make it a lot more interesting, though, and NOD and Scrin were suddenly playable, maybe even better than the GDI. Still, the new and expensive units just made the finite resources even more crippling. On the other hand, maybe RA/C&C would never have worked well with resource nodes like in Supreme Commander, I imagine the maps were too small to handle the amount of units that would probably be the result.
>>
Call me a faggot if you will but I like base building more than rushing the opponent
>>
AK47S FOR EVERYONE
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.