[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So hear me out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_7257.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7257.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
So there's shit being thrown around in Destiny 2 because of the Whole thing with shaders

But what if it was worse. What if Bungie makes it so you had to pay a microtransction fee to transfer a limited amount of your gear from Destiny 1.

They'd keep it simple. Only exotics and only 1 of each weapon type(primary/secondary/heavy) or armor piece.
>>
>Post purchase rationalization.

You should have waited you fucking dummy. Don't pre-purchase/order anything.
>>
Luckily PC releases late october so I'll have 2 more months to make a decision
>>
Hang yourself for shilling this garbage.
>>
>>389718376
1. Shaders aren't that hard to come by, it's literally hasn't even been a week
2. They're not letting you bring shit from Destiny.
>>
>He only spends a minimum of $59.99 + Tip. on his AAA 'High Quality Video Game Experience.

BAD GOYIM!!
>>
>>389719246
I didn't preorder destiny 2. Hell, I learnt about the dangers of preorder culture with destiny 1 and I'm pretty sure my feelings of disbain for 2 comes from me gator how lauch week destiny 1 made me felt cheated.

I've been watching radbrad play it and it's kinda giving me an itch to pick it up because it does look pretty good. I don't know though if the post game really holds up better than it did in vanilla destiny 1. Hell, even complete, destiny 1 feels like a cluster fuck and I don't feel like I can get anywhere if I don't have a clan or friends to do the high up raids and missions.
>>
File: Destiny 2_20170909030407.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny 2_20170909030407.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>
File: Destiny 2_20170909031117.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny 2_20170909031117.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>
They wouldnt do that because they wouldnt have any way to jew out PC players. You could only transfer your characters from 360 to Xbone and PS3 to PS4, not cross platform. All PC players are starting fresh, even if they did play the first game.
>>
>>389718376
>product is shit
>buy it anyway because it could be even bigger shit
nigger this is exactly why shit like this happens in the first place retards like you jump through hoops to rationalize shit until it's accepted then devs can just make it worse and worse because they know you'll eventually accept it
>>
>>389720939
Jesus Christ you know their fucking business model wait a few months pick the base game up plus 2 dlcs and a season pass for half the fkn price they're selling it now and wait for their next mmo in Q4 2018

Waste of money, it's still not an MMO. I remember joking about lol next year destiny 2 to cover up all the shit they missed but fully expected further patches a la Warframe. Imagine my surprise when they pull this shit and people are still dumb enough to give them money.
>>
>>389723095
You won't be playing cross platform I can 100% guarantee that and the game won't be supported long enough for them to add all destiny 1 shit so I can pretty guarantee that this is the case.
>>
>>389723785
I think you and some of the others are missing the point of this thread. I'm not shilling this Fucking game or rationalizing anything. what in my OP did I rationalize anything.
>>
>>389723873
Yea. That's what I figured. It's really damn you if you buy t he game now when everyone has the same thing, no dlc and the hype has plenty of people around but than you're stuck on that fucking DLC drip and have your money sucked dry.

Or you wait a few years, get all the shit for discount but come to a game where most people are burnt out and barely anyone you know is playing it or there's just too much grinding needed to be done while whine already has the bet gear.

I wished for a lot of things from Destiny 1. I wanted the euro zone to also be available. I didn't want to spend so much time in loading screen space travel and just be able to explore the different areas or even be able to manually fly to other planets, the reef, etc.
>>
Never preorder shit dude.

Wait 1 week minimum so that people get to tell you which parts are shit with their money and not yours.

I would have expected that No Man's Land had killed the preorder buisness.
>>
>>389724330
That's what I mean, if it's still around in two years I'll buy it. I'll grind it I'll play it. Like final fantasy xiv or wow. People will still be playing. I'm not interested in a passing fad MMO and getting invested into something that I will just throw away next season. It's like all the worst parts of an MMO crossed with a shitty single player game. Farm farm farm and you're reward is a poorly written story, don't forget to buy destiny 3!

Fuck that. If I wanna scratch that itch I'll resub. To a real MMO or play borderlands .

Don't get caught in the hype current. It'll be over soon and you aren't missing out on much.
>>
I'm new to Destiny. I don't understand what all the bitching is about. Shaders are stupidly easy to come by...

All the pissing and moaning about something so negligent just hinders the gaming community. Developers and gamers alike. Don't be a twat, you may find your bitching was keeping you from enjoying a great game.
>>
>>389725008
Yeh nah I'll wait till it's in the bargain bin. They proved how they feel about their users with all they pulled with destiny
>>
File: destiny2.jpg (486KB, 1920x1024px) Image search: [Google]
destiny2.jpg
486KB, 1920x1024px
If you're a fan, and you were used to the D1 style of reusable shaders, its a sour taste after possibly blowing 100 dollars and then getting stuck up for some fucking mtx. That's whats gettin people worked up
>>
>>389725201

> They proved how they feel about their users with all they pulled with destiny

yeah I really thought those high quality xpacs they released showed how much they didn't care about the players
>>
File: 1504881063870.jpg (99KB, 736x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1504881063870.jpg
99KB, 736x1015px
Whats up with the story m8s? Why is it so fucking shit? Why the fuck does it feel like it was written by a teenage twitch camwhore? I thought bungie were the industry leaders at great story telling. Was this by thier b-team? Please help me understand I am so very confused.
>>
>>389718376
No one hear cares about Destiny 2. /v/ is upset that it's a good game so they're ignoring it, which I suppose is a step up from shitposting.
>>
>>389725359
It's pretty weird yea, I mean I delete a shit ton of extra shaders I never use on D1 but at least I have the freedom to change up how I look whenever I want. lord knows Bungie has this incapability of making a proper character creation feature and they just wanna restrict that further? This shits pretty important to think about in an MMORPG.

Imagine. I kept chatterwhite from the VoG all this time since getting it because I thought it was that special to have considering the raid I just beat was pretty awesome. I eventually switched up out but always kept to and would change to it whenever I wanted to.

I hope Bungie reconsider this decisions but it's more likely they won't. That slimeball Luke Smith should be fired from 3 years ago for being the pretentious sounding shitbag that he is when justifying shit like this.
>>
>>389725512
>High quality

Hi bungie.
>>
>>389725612
Mate. You got it all wrong. Halo had shit writing and story. It had great world building and shooting and that's what Bungie is known for. Atmosphere and gun mechanics.
>>
>>389725612
They fired the guy who did the original story right before they butchered it and turned it into a trilogy. Destiny 3 is coming out. Trust me.

Look at the shader shit going on. They give zero fucks about their player base because they know people will buy it.
Can't wait for the PC port when we can finally see some stats of players, and all the refunds they're gonna get. Should be the final nail in their coffin
>>
>>389725652
>It's a good game
How much are they paying you?
>>389725737
Finally
Someone gets it.
>>
>>389726045
>good
Sorry, I used your trigger word, didn't I?
>>
>>389725737
i didn't think much of it until this cheeky indie site i have my eye on mentioned that D1 didn't have any sort of transmog system. but with that in mind its especially shitty, especially when you have luke smith on twitter spittin the hot rhetoric
>>
Do what I'm going to do:

Rent it from Redbox, make a character, play as long as you like. Return the game. Buy it when the complete edition comes out, get all the exclusive "played since day 1" faggotry that comes with it.
>>
>>389725742

>taken king and iron lords
> not high quality
>>
>>389726458
>calling any dlc high quality

its time to leave bungie.
>>
>>389726458
This is /v/, Destiny is on it's shit list, the only time /v/ will care about Destiny is when it makes a mistake. Then everyone gets a big validation boner and circlejerks over how right they were to hate it. Meanwhile the rest of us actually play it.
>>
>>389725902
They didn't fire him, he presented the original story to Activision with a supercut, they axed it, and he chose to leave, so the team had to throw shit together themselves.
He left, he wasn't fired, he got fucked over by Activision, so he fucked over Destiny in turn.
>>
>>389726845
>talk about /v/ like you and the other bungie dick riders arent here, like somehow you're not under the same umbrella you're using in your rhetoric

this is the level of fucking moronic individuals that like this sort of shit.
oh muh /v/ muh hates vidya muh nobody plays vidya on v muh darksouls

you are cancer.
>>
File: 1492188761549.jpg (611KB, 940x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492188761549.jpg
611KB, 940x800px
>>389719616
Well hot damn, guess it's time for you guys to read up on inflation and the rising price of video game development. In short, video games are the only medium thats price hasn't risen more than $10 in the last 3 decades. The cost to create games has risen exponentially since then. If you ONLY calculate for inflation, games should cost on average anywhere from $110-160. Not including helping offset the cost of development which has gone up from a few thousand bucks to hundreds of thousands even millions on some titles.
>>
>>389726845
>majority of posters in the thread dont like destiny

OH FUCK WOE IS ME /V/ PURE CONTRARIAN

>fyi i pre ordered destiny 2 and you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>389726845
>the rest of us actually play it

i lol'd
>>
>>389727051
>>389727141
>huuur i'm an exception therefore you're wrong!
While you're at it, let's ignore the fact that New Vegas and Witcher 3 are universally cocksucked. Fucking morons.
>>
File: 1470048485071.png (136KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1470048485071.png
136KB, 300x450px
>>389727394
>talk about /v/ like you and the other bungie dick riders arent here, like somehow you're not under the same umbrella you're using in your rhetoric

youre still doing it.

oh yeah i forgot you're a special case, unique. different from the others. always have been always will.
>>
>>389719246
>pc
being able to actually aim almost makes it worthwhile...

but then you remember this shit was made for console fags
>>
>>389727125
Nigger. If preorder deals and DLC isn't enough to cover "triple AAA" game development, than here's a tip.

QUIT THE FUCKING BUISNESS BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY CANT MAKE A PROFITABLE GAME.

We all know that it's bullshit. The sales for the game ALONE covers whatever budget they have to make up and god knows that the bulk of it is in marketing and if the marketing is shit, than again GTFO because you're terrible at doing buisnness
>>
>>389727498
>hurr durr i'm triggered for being called out
>duuuuuur you shill
I don't even know why I come here, people like you shit up every thread, god damn children.
>>
>>389718376
why would anyone want to pay for that
>>
>>389727786
schooled nigger.

talk shit get hit.
>>
>>389718376
>bungie made the game even more grindy
>at least they didn't charge us for it instead
How do we fix destinyfags?

>>389727125
>hurr durr its just inflation
Why don't they just charge more then? Could it be that they can milk more shekels through dlc and microtransactions? Are you really that naive to think they arent making more money this way? Get up off your knees you shameless bootlicker
>6 hour campaign
>5 strikes
>1 raid
>$60
>pay2win
>expansions lock you out of content
>no dedicated servers
The only way it could be more cancerous is if it was early access
>>
>>389727974
I'm really hurt, truly, by being shit talked by a child.
>>
>>389728298
Cool.. now gtfo and go back to bungie forums. Destiny 2 a shit.
>>
File: 27-1452445041240.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
27-1452445041240.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>389728298
>>
>>389728093

Jesus Christ, do people not understand what I'm trying to from the OP. No it's just immediately assumes I'm shilling for a game I don't even own.

I'm not siding with Bungie. I am not rationalizing a really shitty thing. I'm just throwing out an idea of what else they could do. If I didn't write that out properly than I'm sorry but not really because I don't see how what I wrote equal "well it could be worse, be grateful you Fucking morons".

>>389727836
Never underestimate an idiot with a credit card. Hell, even I'm tempted by the idea of getting back my Hawkmoon gun. That thing is my most prized possession from D1 and not even being able to get a new one through a raid or even through Xur is just bullshit
>>
>>389729456
put it this way. if you buy the game and support it for the sake of nostalgia, get your hawk moon and jump back on the wheel. one thing will happen.

you'll have fun till youre forced to go through this all over again in a couple years.

is it worth perpetuating and acknowledging this type of bullshit, or forcing them to make a better game?
>>
>>389718376
>But what if it was worse. What if Bungie makes it so you had to pay a microtransction fee to transfer a limited amount of your gear from Destiny 1.

dont put it past them. they already charge for unique emotes. unique emotes anon, inherently designed as a tool to communicate non verbally and faster than typing. on a game with no text chat.

it doesn't get worse or gimmicky then that, anything else they add to this pile will not surprise me and should not surprise anyone else.
>>
File: 1498912491881.jpg (56KB, 525x476px) Image search: [Google]
1498912491881.jpg
56KB, 525x476px
Wake me up when the jews start charging real dollary doos for additional ammo in games.. it will happen.
>>
>>389727737
That's an incredibly ignorant opinion anon, and what led to the fall of many smaller studios that dissappeared or got gobbled up by mega corps.

Fact of the matter is the consumer decided that DLC was worth a AAA game. Everyone knows you can go indie and save a bunch, but 99% of indie is trash.
>>
>>389730838
99% of indie is trash because successful indie games arent indie games anymore.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.