[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the power of the internet these days... do you miss the myths?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: thetruck.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
thetruck.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
With the power of the internet these days... do you miss the myths?
>>
>>389716965
I miss cheat codes, really. That and just goofy little things like debug modes or if you did a very precise thing, something changes, like the Etecoons in Super Metroid.
>>
>>389716965
i played video games by myself as a kid, i never heard any of them until i discovered the internet.
>>
File: file.jpg (60KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
60KB, 640x360px
>>389716965
No, we still have our fair ammount of misteries
>>
>>389716965
man what a letdown when i finally got to this truck with strength and it didn't move i felt so cheated
>>
>>389717223
i can't believe you fucks haven't realized by now that the entirety of GTA V, including this bullshit goose chase, is a dupe by rockstar who secretly despise their fanbase. the game was intentionally designed to troll people who like GTA.
>>
I have never had any friends
>>
>>389716965
How would you feel about:
>dev releases game
>theee different ‘types’ exist each with different secrets/glitches/codes you can use
>no way to tell before purchasing
>>
I miss looking at skyboxes and believing there were entire worlds out there.
>>
>get access to internet
>games are more linear than ever
>games have less and less secret stuff
>guides are a thing of the past
why
how does gamefaqs still get's visits?
>>
>>389716965
They've gotten replaced by "video game theories".
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art[1].jpg (42KB, 313x310px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art[1].jpg
42KB, 313x310px
>all those rumors and sites dedicated to them in the 90s

Remember reading one where putting 8 mastered Knights of the round in Ultima Weapon would turn it into Excalibur, which deals 20k damage each hit.
>>
>>389716965
Yes of course. Pokemon had more myths than most other games. That was a lot of the fun of the games. As well as finding the missingno glitch. Back then people were also much more willing to talk to each other though.
>>
>>389716965
Like you wouldn't believe. People just datamine everything now and post it all over the net.
>>
>>389717774
BUT HEY
>>
>>389717064
Same here. Nothing like beating a game then fucking around with cheat codes afterward and searching for things.
>>
Elaborate ruses like this one will probably never happen again. Long video but it was nice to see how a myth like this was able inspired people to make their own games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7X6Yeydgyg
>>
>>389717912
The let's glitch on pokemon yellow is honestly about as interesting as any of the myths I remember about it. But do kids these days get any of the enjoyment out of the lies people used to make up?
I guess I was talking to my neighbor's kid a year or two ago and he was telling me all kinds of bullshit about splatoon and minecraft, so I guess kids still make all that shit up despite being able to check with the internet.
>>
>>389717770
Probably just the same userbase from the early days. They're used to it, same way you visit 4chan every day. Plus, outside of specific game forums there's not a lot of places to talk about vidya.
>>
>>389718006
watching that may have spurred me to make this thread...
>>
>>389718031
"That kid" will always exist throughout the generations.
>>
>>389716965
Before the internet, how did EVERYONE know about this? It's like that "Manson removed his ribs to fellate himself" meme everyone seemed to repeat. How did they spread so far?
>>
>>389718241
The one kid who had internet looked it up and told the rest of the group.
>>
>there was a time your brain was so innocent you applied magical concepts or secrets and mystery to a piece of hardware, which is essentially just 1s and 0s...
Am jaded as shit yall
>>
>>389718241
People used to actually talk in real life (I know... crazy). It's the same with the 'S'. We've become so connected it's like none of the connections even matter.
>>
>>389718006
is watching this really worth 1 hour and 8 minutes of my time
>its better than browsing /v/ for 1 hour and 8 minutes
thats not really worth it either
>>
>>389718342
missing those times badly ;__;
>>
>>389718342
>that time I thought I could "combine" games by taking them apart and swapping pieces

Probably a good thing I never actually tried it.
>>
>>389717701
Oh my lord this. Now I know it's just a set piece the people are just robots with no feeling or thought. It's still fun and some of the stories and worlds are still interesting but like pretty much everything in the life it loses its magic as we get older
>>
>>389718241
Same way stories were told and spread before the internet. One person tells another who tells another and so on.
>>
>>389716965
Yes and I really fucking hate data mining.
>>
>>389718785
Well apparently you could do that on the N64 by swapping cartridges.
>>
>>389718785
>the time i thought money could be ripped into smaller pieces to count as smaller amounts
I'm real fucking glad i never tried that
>>
>>389717558
They ran out of things to parody so they made gta 5 a parody of gta itself. It will probably be the last gta game too.
>>
>>389717770
because text walkthroughs with a comprehensive ctr + f index will always be more convenient than a video.
>>
>>389721295
This. Doesn't help that most videos have cancerous fucks talking all through them.
>>
>>389718351
>We've become so connected it's like none of the connections even matter.
Facebook and Twitter absolutely need to die. They are strangling society. People did not adapt to have this omnipresent level of connectivity.
>>
>>389723175
deep man, really deep stuff you're throwing out there.
>>
>>389723175
Agreed. Those two sites have ruined the internet alongside google.
>>
File: 1499634400236.png (227KB, 356x272px) Image search: [Google]
1499634400236.png
227KB, 356x272px
>>389716965
I miss things not being spoiled months before launch.
>>
>>389718241
Phones and cousins visiting. Despite what you may believe, phones existed before your handheld screen phone doheekie.
>>
File: 1f0c.jpg (20KB, 358x600px) Image search: [Google]
1f0c.jpg
20KB, 358x600px
I don't miss them, I hated the cunts who tricked me.

What I really miss are the face to face interactions, whether it be link cable Pokemon, or Digimon tamagotchis, or even the arcade scene. ESPECIALLY the arcade scene. It was all about talking about how to defeat certain players and their habits, but now it's mostly about character data. When everything became online, a lot of personality and human aspects were lost.
>>
>>389723387
You choose to look at spoilers yourself dude.
>>
Web 2.0 ruined everything as we know it. Myths and irl memeing were so, so fucking good, now it's just youtube shitters with "h-haha look how I remove 2B's skirt h-haha we're so perverted ahaha" . It's also because games had so many secrets back then that it actually took some effort to find/execute them all, now it's just lazy shit like "collect all the X to unlock Y achievement". Of course this was main;y the reason of these myths, gamers actually wanting things from games. Now gaming is just a chore """gamers""" want to finish and move on to the next one.
Pokemon myths have always been good but notice how they became non existent by gen4. Last good one I remember is space station one in emerald. Now we have shit like "DUDE SLENDERMAN DUDE HE WILL FUCK YOUR SHI UP DUDE ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK AHAHA"
>>
>>389722003
>HEY GUYS IT'S COCKSUCKER69 AND -

dropped
>>
>>389724153
you're new is showing
>>
>>389724028

its usually some random douche on slash v slash who posts'em
>>
>>389724671
then don't visit /v/. If the game is popular enough for /v/ to spoil it's not worth playing either way
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.