[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Square Enix Targeting PS5, Xbox 2 for Next Big Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

>Square Enix Targeting PS5, Xbox 2 for Next Big Project
>With Final Fantasy XV will into its milking phase, Square Enix is already thinking about what's ahead. No doubt we'll get one of the most technically advanced and gorgeous-looking RPGs ever when Final Fantasy XV finally releases on PC, but Square Enix is already thinking beyond that. In fact, Final Fantasy XV on PC is only reaching up to about the half-way point of what Square Enix hopes to achieve on next-gen consoles. This, according to a recent interview from DualShockers.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/09/05/square-enix-targeting-ps5-xbox-2-for-next-big-project/
>>
Where the fuck is KH3? What the fuck is going on with that company?
>>
>>389715478
> most technically advanced and gorgeous-looking RPGs ever when Final Fantasy XV finally releases on PC,

LOL
>>
Perhaps they ought to target the existing hardware they could barely get their flagship game running 30fps on while looking rather bad in a lot of places.
>>
File: 1496414625459.jpg (59KB, 749x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496414625459.jpg
59KB, 749x750px
>>389715478
So what you're telling us we're waiting till like 2022 for Final Fantasy XVI?
>>
Thank god i invested in a PC, console business these days is so shit and anti consumer i just wish more people had the sense to see they're being taken advantage of with paid online and half gen console upgrades to keep them in poverty.
>>
>>389715478
>In fact, Final Fantasy XV on PC is only reaching up to about the half-way point of what Square Enix hopes to achieve on next-gen consoles
They're really overestimating how much more powerful the next-gen console is going to be, unless they intend to still do it at 1080p/30fps.
>>
>>389715618
Coming 2018
>>
>>389716151

It's just bullshit marketing on their part. We'll probably get another clunky open world ARPG segmented into multiple DLC.
>>
>>389715618

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if KH3 gets delayed and released on the PS5 in a year or two.
>>
>>389715478
Maybe they should focus on completing the projects they have underway now first.
>>
>>389716694
KH has a good track record of not getting delayed. Unless Square Enix is shitting the bed behind the scenes again.
>>
>>389716845
10 years
>>
>>389716873
haha great meme friend
>>
>>389716873
What? KH3 started development in 2013 with a slight delay due to engine change in 2014.
>>
>>389715927

Skipping this generation, and likely the next, since paid online became mandatory.
>>
>>389717304
My feelings exactly. Everything has become too jewish these past two gens.
>>
>>389715478
there is no way that sony or microsoft will rush this generation after the ps4pro and xboxonex sony will try a 10 years generation now that they are wining
>>
>>389715927
>with paid online
how did that keep me from playing FF XV ?

>half gen console upgrades ?
how is this a negative in any way ?
>>
>>389718325

>half gen console upgrades ?
>how is this a negative in any way ?

Not that anon, but it baffles me if you think a minor generational advancement is worthwhile. There used to be a significant leap from each console generation to the next.

Now, that its peaking and stagnating it doesn't justify the purchase of a new console, especially if the difference becomes minuscule. Its more sensible owning the console you already have
>>
>>389719627
What was the point of this post? I think you should take a good hard long look at yourself in the mirror. And rethink your life choices.
>>
>>389719627

>Wanting another Final Fantasy after XV turned out to be trash
>>
>>389715478
Square needs to dial it the fuck back. Let someone at the place head up a side project using the FF15 engine怂I really hope Octopath Traveler ends up good to prove how viable these smaller projects like Bravely Default are
>>
>>389715478
>spend a decade on software
>forget about it as soon as its released
>scratch that, make a fishing game with it, THEN forget about it
>repeat
what kind of business model is this?
>>
>>389715859
Looked better on the PS4 than on the Xbone
>>
What kind of a demented turbogoblin thinks a new generation of home consoles is right behind the corner? It's a suicide investment, not only for the consumer shmucks but also for the manufacturers.
>>
>>389724785
Console plebs get excited and deceived very easily.
>>
>>389715478
>PS5

Bloodborne 2 here we go
>>
>>389715478
I don't give a shit about graphics. Focus on gameplay.
>>
I can infer from that statement that they are talking about focusing on graphics over gameplay and playability, yet again
>>
>>389724785
I agree :) "just release xbox one x, it sells well" come out when sales slow a tiny but "GOOD new folks, we have a new new newer console" people would flip out and not buy it. Earliest I see a new console? 2020.
>>
>>389715478
Wait wtf, is the xbox one x not the next gen of microsofts console?
>>
>>389729767
No
>>
>>389729767
No it's the mid-gen upgrade to compensate for the fact that this generation of consoles were released half-baked
>>
>>389729826
How is it not?
>>
File: 1497833314853.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1497833314853.gif
1MB, 193x135px
>>389729767

Its drawing attention at least, its just turning ms supporters into a cesspool of retards

Case in point, anyone who comments supporting this fool here: -->

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrapgamerReviews

Its extremely hard to tell if anyone with supporting comments on this channel is memeing, 12 years old, a complete idiot or this is how 'unseen' ms supporters really are.
>>
File: 7887098709.jpg (78KB, 550x711px) Image search: [Google]
7887098709.jpg
78KB, 550x711px
>>389721347
>releasing 3 story dlcs
>a multiplayer dlc
>multiple small event festivals
>pc port
>scaled back switch/mobile port
>and a vr title
>this means they forgot about ffxv
next you'll say they forgot about XIII as well!
>>
>>389715478
>RPG

kek
>>
Why do you guys think that there won't be a a new gen of consoles very soon.

There is going to to have to be a gen refresh because 4k 60 isn't possible on the current consoles, hell 1080p/60 on the current upgraded consoles is a stretch if you listen to developers.

Also, the tech is there. There is already a ton of fast RAM on consoles today, that would not need to be improved and the gpu components of the x and pro can already do 4k to some degree. The only real improvement would be the cpu componet of the soc. And the tech is there for that to be greatly improved at a cheap price with amd's zen cores.
>>
>tabata
As if he has any saying in this.
He acts like he is he boss of SE ever since he is the XV director and contradicts himself nonstop in his interviews
>>
If it's like FF15, then they will miss the PS5 and only launch during the PS6. SE is a giant joke.
>>
>>389715478
>according to a recent interview from DualShockers.
>Dualshockers
Into the trash it goes
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.