[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*brings star destroyer down with the force*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 19

File: 7664322143.jpg (73KB, 748x468px) Image search: [Google]
7664322143.jpg
73KB, 748x468px
heh... i was expecting a challenge
>>
The ragdoll effects in that game were so good. I loved flinging literally everything and everyone everywhere with a flick of the wrist. One of the few Star Wars games where you actually feel powerful.
>>
1 was a great game. 2 felt like it was a bit forced, and the story was pure garbage. There was also an impossibly stupid hanger part in 2 that acted as a real barrier for most players enjoying the game.
>>
File: 1501210012410.jpg (45KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1501210012410.jpg
45KB, 600x398px
Why does everybody have a problem with this?

Yoda literally says that size doesn't matter and that the only obstacle is your own mind in Episode V.

Why does every star wars fag have selective memory about their shit-tier setting?
>>
>>389715973
The main reason is because Episode V and VI are fanfiction and awful, especially relating to the Force/Jedi. "Star Wars" should've stayed a one-off.

Also Starkiller or whatever his name is/was has absolutely fuck all character in the games, so the idea of him transcending to this state of existentialism is surreal because he literally didn't have to transcend at all, they just wrote him doing it because they thought it looked cool.
>>
>>389715973
most people I ask are because they think of him as a gary stu who can do SO MUCH MORE than the force users we know from the movies.

So basically nerds are mad their favorite characters are weaker than some character in a game.
>>
>>389715973
OO OO
>>
File: lookintomyeyesyouwill.png (537KB, 716x532px) Image search: [Google]
lookintomyeyesyouwill.png
537KB, 716x532px
>>389715973
>yoda
>hundreds of years of knowledge and training with the force
>can lift a tie fighter but clearly takes deep concentration and energy to do so

>starkiller
>fanfiction tier oc
>brings down a whole tie fighter with barely any effort

There is a reason why Yoda's presentation of the force is much more memorable and revered than the stuff in the expanded universe.
>>
>>389712403
Fuck you I liked it: the game
>>
>>389716705
>>tie fighter
Yoda's presentation is memorable because you watched it when you were twelve. It's a gay little puppet with very little purpose or character besides moving along Luke's imaginary training and attempts to bridge Vader and Luke's relationship because that's a plot point, apparently.
>>
>>389712403
>left handed
Is this a real character? Or is it fan art?
>>
>>389715973

It's an issue of experience.

No one has a problem with Darth Nihilus destroying entire worlds through the force, and had Darth Vader himself done the feat I don't think anyone would have an issue with it.

The issue is that he's some no-name apprentice doing fucking amazing feats. I don't think he had even had something like an ancient lost holocron to explain where his techniques came from.
>>
>>389712403
I enjoyed the first game a lot. The whole premise of the game was that you get to use the Force at levels never seen before and in that sense it delivered. I don't really care if he was a mary sue, able to throw around tie fighter and vaporize whole hallways of stormtroopers was fun.
>>
>>389716705
Yoda was old as fuck though. Even with his mental mastery he probably had Alzheimers or something.
>>
>>389717576
The opening level with Vader was pretty great. I loved being a dick and fucking with Stormtroopers.
>>
>>389717781

I would have rather had the game be where you play as Darth Vader for the entire game. I probably actually would have liked the game.

Though Vader fucking with Stormtroopers is pretty out of character for him.
>>
File: Darksaber-SWE.jpg (29KB, 504x376px) Image search: [Google]
Darksaber-SWE.jpg
29KB, 504x376px
>>389712403
>pretty good force power
>still uses a gay red dildo saber
>not a black KATANA saber
pfft... got a ways to go still kid....
>>
>>389717781
i don't see why the apprentice story had to happen at all, it should have been about darth vader's rise to power and terror building throughout the empire, purgin jedi left and right because fuck jedi.
>>
>>389717893
THIS. shoulda been a vader game.
>there will never be a SW game where you are the bad guy properly and you build your empire.

kotor doesn't count since the 'canon' of the eu was the LS choices etc.

the only good thing about SWtOR was the class stories and getting to play you Sith Juggernaught as a noble demon (LS) that's still actually evil.
>>
File: 1500159979136.png (95KB, 297x235px) Image search: [Google]
1500159979136.png
95KB, 297x235px
>>389712403
>able to bring down super massive ships with the Force
>still uses a fucking Lightsaber
What's the god damn point? What is he going to do with a sword that he can't do with his fucking mind?
>>
>>389718108

Honestly TOR could have easily been made into a few pretty good single player games.

I loved the Imperial Agent because how many games actually let you play as the fucking secret police.

And playing a light side Sith was mostly fun because of how much you subvert everyone's expectations. Though LS Sith is more of a lawful evil where you don't go around going back on your word or kicking puppies for no reason.
>>
>>389718267
Look cool. If I was the Dr. Manhatten of Force users I'd still have Lightsaber on hand.
>>
>>389717909
Because pre-Disney Star Wars made a new protagonist every week for all of its side stories.
>>
>>389718338
that's why i loved my LS juggy. you were evil without being a pants on head retard like DS sith INQ storyline. IA was top fucking notch too. really did explain how and why a tarkin could end up telling vader to STFU and wtf to do.
>>
>>389718267
There are some Reborns in Jedi Knight II that use nothing but Force and Dark Side powers.
>>
>>389718493
Being a retard was the best part of INQ.
>>
>>389712403
Well all he really has to control is the steering system
>>
>>389718497
and even in academy too.. they are very annoying on any difficulty unless you get absorption up and running in time.
>>
>>389718524
i bet you didn't even play LS bounty hunter or DS trooper.
>>
there's a bunch of really dumb bullshit in the old EU and I don't know why people complain about it these days

if they tried to work starkiller into the movies or new canon somehow I'd be annoyed, but it's a 7/10 game that got a 4/10 sequel and will probably be forgotten in another console generation or so
>>
>>389716290
>are fanfiction
>fanfiction

do you even know what fanfiction is you troglodyte piece of horseshit
>>
>>389718602
The level of retard you could go with inq was unbeatable.
>you can't use this experimental drug we took from these alien bugs you have no idea what it will do to you
>HOW DO YOU KNOW I'M NOT ONE OF THEM ALREADY
>>
Something I've always wondered is why applications of the force are still so limited today. It basically boils down to physical buffs, telekinesis, and lightning if you're evil. Where's the pyro/cryokinesis? Hell I'll even take more creative applications of telekinesis, like shockwaves or dust explosions.
>>
>>389718935
Disney only cares about nostalgia pandering so they try to keep force use really low like it was in the original movies.
>>
>>389718894
i found it hilarious the ds inq could act like a genki high school girl high on sugar spazzing out and STILL be a rediculously evil motherfucker.

>arguably LS sith inq is even sillier because it drops out almost all of the evil puppy kicking for the sake of puppy kicking cliche evil
>>
>>389714752
>1 was a great game
Mediocre game.
>>
>>389719014
>>arguably LS sith inq is even sillier because it drops out almost all of the evil puppy kicking for the sake of puppy kicking cliche evil

I don't remember doing all that much evil as LS inquisitor. Instead he just made sarcastic remarks about everyone else being retardedly evil and/or trying to kill him while trying to get to position from which he could enact reform.
>>
>I was shilled with the game being shit
>It's actually pretty good

And Starkiller isn't a mary sue by any means he's beaten up regularly and shits the bed the entire story.
>>
>>389712403
Pulling down the Star Destroyer is the most impressive things he does. While he is crazy strong in comparison to the Jedi seen in the movies we know there were plenty of people who could do crazy shit too in the eu.
>>
>>389718267
Maybe they could use the force to open doors and flush the toilet too... but also could just use their hands and shit in their pants trying all the time.
>>
>>389717902
How did this guy manage to 1v1 jedi with no force abilities?
>>
>>389719289
it's the snarking, you DID snark everyone right?
>>
>>389719014

I need to go back and actually finish the stories before the game is shut down forever.
>>
>>389716290
Episode V blows every other movie out of the fucking water you moron, I would go as far as to say every movie besides V is bad
>>
>>389718602
But LS trooper had by far the most retarded ending, what with you freeing the Empire's best general in exchange for a few thousand POWs
>>
File: sheev.jpg (257KB, 1272x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
257KB, 1272x1920px
>>389718267
>>389718497
Fucking this.

Even Sheev said it himself in the Dark Lords Rise of Darth Vader book that it comes to a point when you become so powerful that you basically transcend the need for a lightsaber, which is why he called lightsabers a Jedi weapon and that the Sith had no need for them.

When you're fucking pulling down Star Destroyers, despite it being operated by literally thousands of people, the lightsaber is useless at that point.
>>
i want to see a jedi move a whole planet with the force, how many midichlorians does that take
>>
Who was the strongest Sith Lord excluding Sidious or Dark Luke if he counts
Old EU included
>>
>>389720574
>>
He didn't pull it down, he was stopping it from crashing into himself.

>>389720574
>>
>>389719394
>Pulling down the Star Destroyer is the most impressive things he does.
Its amazing how many people completely miss understand what is going on in that scene. He never once pulls down a Star Destroyer. He literally does the EXACT OPPOSITE. He tries to slow it down so when it does collide he wont die in an extinction level event.
>>
AWW FUCK IT
LET'S JUST TALK ABOUT ROGUE ONE
>>
>>389716290
>Episode V is shit
So you literally only like a New Hope? Or are your a prequel autist?

Either way you're wrong and stupid.
>>
>>389720697
I always just remember him actually pulling it own in the original reveal trailer but I guess it was changed in game.
>>
Imagine what Star Wars could have been if it wasn't been sold to Disney.
>>
>>389720620
I'm guessing Marka Ragnos or Vitiate
>>
>>389720792
Over? Done with? Finally resting in peace without anyone fucking its corpse? Nah, who are we kidding, it would still happen anyway
>>
>>389720751
ROGUE ONE IS SHIT
>>
>>389720786
Basically he has no time to get off the planet with this destroyer baring down. So his only option was to try and slow it and safely crash it.
>>
>>389720751
Those two scenes with Darth Vader were alright.
>>
He nearly killed himself while doing that in the game, though
>>
>>389720786
It doesnt help that everyone claims that is what he is doing.

In game what happens is that he sabotages a mining facility causing it to slam a rock into an orbital space station where the ISD is parked. It falls out of orbit and is going to collide at high speed on top of the player. There evac ship wont get to him in time so he is told to control the ships landing. The Ship still collides and fucking decimates the area it hits. It just doesnt kill him (though it almost does because its a fucking massive ISD)
>>
>>389720858
I prefer it being dead than having to deal with another TFA. If I could unsee that thing, that soulless husk, the insult to imagination and free spirit once Star Wars pushed into so many mediums and fans.
Rogue One was pretty cool tho. Disney won't ever acknowledge it was better anyways.
>>
I don't care, that part in the game was HYPE
Starkiller is for real shitting himself in fear and saves himself by an inch.

>It's a fucking Star Destroyer entering orbit
>>
>>389720286
>>389720775
Among star wars donkeyfuckers there's certain factional opinions about jedi and the force. Obviously there's the "no flippyflippy swordfu! Jedi are errol flynn!" guys, but there's also the ones like this who didn't want any of it at all beyond kenobi's magical seance talk. Generally the more the force and jedi "are", the more diefags start getting angry.
>>
File: DM.jpg (155KB, 333x493px) Image search: [Google]
DM.jpg
155KB, 333x493px
>>389720620
Darth Millennial

Fucker transcended to Sith Wizard, best fucking cognitive force user to have ever lived who could see events happening YEARS before they transpired, grew a literal fucking third eye, and for a time broke the Rule of Two into the Rule of The Strong because being such a Gary Stu they had to find a way to kill him somehow with his clairvoyance. If he could see shit happening years in advance, a single apprentice would go absolutely fucking nowhere near him.
>>
>>389720697
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJ-B7xTAyo

2:03: "PULL IT OUT OF THE SKY!"
>>
>>389721323
Fucking Millenials thinking they're so special
>>
>>389721098
I don't understand the like for rogue 1. It was different, but it was essentially an EU fanfiction made canon.
Mystical Bojutsu Jedi Weeaboo in particular was one of the most absurdly stupid things in any SW film, and the X1999 ending was terribly worked.
>>
>>389720620
Darth Insanius
>>
>>389717216
Darth Nihilus destroyed whole worlds with his mere presence, not with active use of the Force but by being what is essentially a Force black hole that sucks all life into it. It was a plot point that he was so overreliant on his soul-eating power that, when he ran into someone it didn't work on, he turned out to be a complete pushover.

He got the power to kill worlds, but he paid a price for it.
>>
>>389718493
Sort of glad you fucks finally convinced me to play TOR. The agent story was actually not bad, and all of the garbage MMO elements are virtually nonexistent.
>>
>>389721419
>Mystical Bojutsu Jedi Weeaboo in particular was one of the most absurdly stupid things in any SW film

I had a bad feeling about it because I knew Donnie Yen could and would move faster than any other actor in the franchise, despite him being supposedly weaker than a jedi. However, I liked the character he played, so I could ignore that shit.
>>
>>389721363
That video proves my point, it is all ready falling LONG before that. He isnt pulling it out of orbit, he is moving it into the canon to slow it down so it wont kill him when it hits

So yes thank you for supporting my claim. He isnt pulling it out of orbit, but guiding it so it slows down and doesnt kill him
>>
File: Darth_Nihilus.jpg (73KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Nihilus.jpg
73KB, 1280x1024px
[Angry Sith Noises]
>>
>>389716949
>because you watched it when you were twelve.
lol if you think anyone on /v/ is old enough to have been 12 when the the movies came out.
Fuck, someone who was 12 when episode 1 came out would be too fucking old compared to the average age of the /v/ user right now
Someone literally born on the day episode 1 came out, would be 23 years old m8

So the idea that "it's a shit movie, you only liked it because you watched it as a kid" is fucking retarded.
>>
File: b07.png (88KB, 309x232px) Image search: [Google]
b07.png
88KB, 309x232px
>>389712403
Why didn't luke just bring down the Death Star using the force?
>>
>>389723248
Darth Nihilus had a hard life
>>
>>389723762
Bring it down where? Crash it into a planet? Seems like a pretty Sith thing to do.
>>
File: Sun_Crusher-NEGWT.jpg (149KB, 600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Crusher-NEGWT.jpg
149KB, 600x1024px
*exits hyperspace behind you in a small fighter with quantum-crystalline armor that can withstand turbolaser shots and can ram through Imperial Star Destroyers without a scratch*
*fires a torpedo at your solar system's sun, supernova-ing it and destroying the entire system*
*hyperspeeds away*

heh, nothin personnel
>>
>>389723503
Not him but episode 1 came out in 1999, not 1994.
>>
>>389724001
At least it's not another "like the death star but bigger" kind of deal like the starkiller base
>>
reminder that Force Unleashed is not canon.
>>
>>389720620
Whichever one held a decent grip on their original self instead of becoming some creature that serves the dark side.
>>
FU1 was full of TECHNOLOGY that should have become the standard in every modern vidya and it makes me sad that it's mostly ignored
>>
>>389720620
Darth Vectivus

Had enough discipline to not become some insane megalomaniac, used the dark side of the force to make himself filthy rich and developed his own completely unique force technique. He also died of old age his apprentice apparently fearing him enough to not even try to kill him on his deathbed.
>>
>>389712403
It's literally just God of War: Star Wars edition
>>
>>389720620
Darth Icky
>>
>>389719767
Mandalorians have a lot of gadgets designed to combat Jedi, as were used in the Mandalorian War. They still lost, but it helped.

Also he straight up loses to Maul and gets beheaded in front of everyone. Mandalorians can't 1v1 a jedi without tricks.
>>
>>389712403
Did you know there was a PS2 version of this game, color me surprised. Was probably shit though without grafix and physix
>>
>>389718723
>if they tried to work starkiller into the movies or new canon somehow I'd be annoyed, but it's a 7/10 game that got a 4/10 sequel and will probably be forgotten in another console generation or so

Don't worry
Starkiller/Force Unleashed was never canon at any point.
It was always alternative history.
>>
File: general_grievous.jpg (303KB, 1413x1164px) Image search: [Google]
general_grievous.jpg
303KB, 1413x1164px
>>389712403
>tfw you're the only one who liked grievous
>tfw he was written into being a literal joke
>>
>>389726456
Wasn't he a real bad dude in the cartoons?
>>
>>389726513
yes, until mace windu gave him autism with the force

kenobi finishes off a basically retarded version of grievous, windu is the one who put him into that state
>>
File: Covering_the_evac_of_Dac.jpg (403KB, 1280x684px) Image search: [Google]
Covering_the_evac_of_Dac.jpg
403KB, 1280x684px
>>
>>389726456
Was Greivous in the cgi series?
>>
>>389726456
>>389726513
>>389726572

>Was a extremely threatening Jedi Killer.
>Black Jedi appears, crushes your lungs, and gives you Cyborg Asthma.
>Proceed to cough and barely stay "alive" until your heart gets exploded by some asshole.
>>
>>389726572
> until mace windu gave him autism
What? Never watched sw cartoons
>>
File: General Grievous is a jerk.webm (3MB, 1180x500px) Image search: [Google]
General Grievous is a jerk.webm
3MB, 1180x500px
>>389726668
Yes
>>
>>389721419
R1 didn't have a strong plot, but at least it wasn't blatantly recycled either. The cinematics, environments, and vehicles were all superior to TFA's offerings.
>>
>>389726668
Yup. Got beaten by some Gungans.
>>
>>389724170
Fuck off, they're both shit.
>>
>>389715973
It's one thing to do a retardedly lore-breaking maneuver, something he can't ever do in normal gameplay, but to do it via a fucking QTE sequence? Jesus. Why would anyone defend this? Because it looks eeepiiiic if you haven't played many vidyas and don't know the joys of agency?
>>
>>389712403
man i liked starkiller in soul calibur
>>
>>389721363
that voice acting was...unexpected
>>
>>389726689
There was a 2003 miniseries that was done by the dude who made samurai jack. It's pretty dope and a relatively short watch.
>>
>>389727164
SJ season 5 wasn't even bad. Gennedy just needed the freedom Lucas gave him so the damn thing wasn't rushed in 10 episodes.

Fuck CN
>>
>>389718894
>Sith teacher is clearly plotting something evil and says she has a surprise
>Yippee, I love surprises
The best part is that and the pirate love isn't even sarcastic, Inquisitor really is just a dopey retard who gains unlimited cosmic power through extreme amounts of luck, great ghost grandpa Kallig helping out, and just being born bullshit
>>
File: 1504902714589.png (74KB, 541x566px) Image search: [Google]
1504902714589.png
74KB, 541x566px
>>389712403
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2h8HAT4tLyU

Shame the second game was absolute shiet.
>>
>>389716290
Wew lads, we've got a /co/ fag in here
>>
>>389718602
LS Bounty Hunter isn't a tard, they just know that there's always more benefit in catching someone alive, than bringing them back in dead, since you can always kill them after thawing them out, or that sometimes the client and target are just having some stupid family drama that would make them both much happier if they'd just talked it out rather than putting a hit
>>
>>389727714
>vlc
>>
File: 1244624810280.gif (301KB, 250x179px) Image search: [Google]
1244624810280.gif
301KB, 250x179px
>>389726456
>be Grievous
>have stupid name
>super power is doing this
>>
>>389727714
Well, RLM is a bit cancerous.
>>
>>389727980
The funny part is that he seriously seems to think that nobody hated the prequels when they came out.
I've never seen such utter delusion anywhere outside of tumblr, and is a good reminder why isolated generals are at such high risk of cancer
>>
>>389715973
Yoda said that about a very small ship.
Yoda strugle to avoid the (relative) small debris that doku makes fall in Anakin and Obi-wan.
Yoda isn't even that good in the battle using the plataforms where senators stand against Palpatine.

What Yoda said to luke was out of context or simply wrong.

Nihilus took star destroyers from a gravity intensified planet, but it was to show how absurdly powerful he was, something perhaps never seen before.
>>
>>389716290
but A New Hope is shit and ESB is the best one
i love this bait though
>>
>>389723503
i was actually 1 when episode 1 came out haha
>>
>>389728253
Or maybe Yoda was never meant to be the end all be all of jedi power. Hell, he originally was not supposed to be able to beat Darth Vader.
>>
>>389712403
i kind of always thought of it as a one-off thing, not a showcase of him being a complete mary sue but rather a deus ex machina kinda thing where in a time of crisis he was able to push a little bit of extra power out.
The game was stupid but fun as fuck and admittedly, i enjoyed it's story more than the prequel trilogy, at least TFU had some memorable places and fights and enemies and Starkiller was a more sensible character than Anakin despite not being much of a character at all
>>
>>389726221
i've played the PSP version which was similar, i liked the fact you could do like movie battles in it, Luke vs Vader and all, fun stuff, i should get it on my vita sometime
>>
>>389727714
What a bizarre and specific opinion to attribute to an entire board because you saw it once.
>>
>>389728138
Weirdly it was also when SW was at its most popular. These new movies just feel wrong despite being less retarded than the prequel trilogy.
>>
>>389729119
>once
Take a trip there, anon and bring up a negative view of the prequels.
Make sure to bring a sick bucket
>>
>>389729531
He probably is from there. Why else would he reply like a mongoloid?
>>
File: 1377776664553.png (770KB, 864x900px) Image search: [Google]
1377776664553.png
770KB, 864x900px
>>389716290
I bet you liked TFA you fucking retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>389729640
Probably.
But if he's outside the echo chamber, there's always a chance he might break free by seeing an outsider's perspective.

It used to be a fairly decent place, with the odd person thinking that material fixing the prequel's fuck ups meant that the prequels themselves weren't shit, but now that seems to be the majority opinion because they've got so tribal about it.
>>
>>389726764
To be fair, he wasn't beaten up by Jar Jar, he was taken on by about 50 or so Gungan Warriors, and even then he was only brought down in a somewhat fair dual, with one of their best sacrificing his life to put him down.

And in the end it didn't even matter, the Gungans suffered for nothing.
>>
>>389728794
There was some pretty hardcore sue crap going on there with him though. Obscure meta lore reference in his edgy codename, incredible force powers and general combat skill beyond any of the guys in canon movies, secret apprentice of Darth Vader who also has his pure virginal waifu and a secret past as the descendant of legendary good guys, becomes the cornerstone of something as story important as the goddamn rebel alliance.

I don't mind him at all but jesus, the only reason I can't fault him for any of that shit is because he didn't have an ending where he rode off into the sunset scot-free
>>
>>389726795
It wasn't a QTE sequence
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.