[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really that disappointing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Was it really that disappointing?
>>
>>389711729
No, it's the best stealth game ever made. You don't actually take nostalgiafags seriously, do you?
>>
>>389711729
Yeah. The story was lame as hell and obviously unfinished, despite Kobingo saying otherwise. The 'twist' ending sucked too.

Gameplay was great though
>>
Yes.
It's okay, it's serviceable, it's 7/10, but we expect more from Kojima and Metal Gear.
>>
>>389711729
Chapter 2 was, all of those repeat missions sucked, and they should have tied up the eli/third boy storyline at the very least. also we should have had a boss fight against the a man on fire. the game started out good but ended poorly. I still like it but I can see how someone who payed full price would be upset.
>>
>>389711854
There's only about 4 good missions that make use of the mechanics well. The rest is cheap easy stealth.
>>
File: 1504758067616.png (350KB, 543x462px) Image search: [Google]
1504758067616.png
350KB, 543x462px
It's way more mature than the 'lol so random' clusterfuck fanservice fest that was mgs4. A more somber, grounded MGS and I like it for that. I found Paz' moments quite touching.
>>
>>389712263
Mgs is absurd and silly it's the humor and self awareness that is its saving grace.
>>
>>389712263
I think a problem with MGS as a series is that it is hard to find a balance between the silly stuff and the serious stuff.
>>
>>389711729
It was goddamn amazing right up until you realize just how much is missing.

When suddenly its over, and then we find out there was an entire arc and another map cut out... Yeah. That was pretty damn shitty.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one that was confused when I got so far and still couldn't use my walker tank. Huey finishes it, send it on missions, waiting to get to hop into the controls... nope, never happens.
>>
It's a fucking amazing game. The story was really cool and DAT GAMEPLAY

the only downsides are the boss battles. Only two of them are the shit.
>>
>>389711729
Boss fights were almost nonexistent, too many missions weren't interesting or fun, levels/maps felt empty, open, and don't compliment stealthy approaches anywhere near as good as Camp Omega. Helicopter scenes(mission prologues/coming to and from motherbase) and Real time weapon r&d timer can fuck right off.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.