[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: Switchnoverse.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Switchnoverse.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-says-dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-is-a-big-hit-on-switch-selling-out-in-japan/

>Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is a big hit on Switch

>Bandai Namco published a tweet saying that Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is a big hit on Switch.
>There’s a bit of a shortage for the physical version. More shipments are planned towards the end of this month.
>Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 will be appearing in North America and Europe later this month. The western launch is set for September 22.

I wonder will the "3rd party doesnt sell on Nintendo" Meme die
>>
>>389711585
>I wonder will the "3rd party doesnt sell on Nintendo" Meme die
As soon as people do research. That's how a lot of memes can end, actually.
>>
>>389711585
I own a Switch and it's going to be reality soon:

>32gig game cards are more expensive than the standard ones
>Nintendo won't subsidize them
>LA Noire will be more expensive on the Switch compared to the PS4/XB1 version
>Resident Evil Revelations collection only includes the firs game on the game card while you need to download the second with a code included
>NBA2k18 or whatever it's called requires an internet connection to download the rest of the data because they didn't want to pay for the more expensive game cards

Also, XV2 is really shit. I regret buying it.
>>
Does this have all the DLC? I recall there was a shitload of it.

>>389711867

>Resident Evil Revelations collection only includes the firs game on the game card while you need to download the second with a code included

Sounds more like laziness. So, modern Capcom basically.
>>
>>389711867
>its Nintendo's fault companies cant into compression / Optimization.
Sony truly was a mistake to the industry
>>
>>389711969
>Sounds more like laziness. So, modern Capcom basically.
It's not. The bigger game cards cost more and Nintendo won't pay the extra. Pretty sure this happened with the PS Vita too.
>>
I'd like to think that it's because there hasn't been a Dragon Ball game on a Nintendo home console since Revenge of King Piccolo on Wii.
>>
File: 1503699988585.png (130KB, 466x381px) Image search: [Google]
1503699988585.png
130KB, 466x381px
>paid 100+ for all characters on the ps4
>have to pay 50+dlc on switch
yea fuck off jews
>>
>>389711585
So long as Nintendo keeps NOT making good games for it outsize that one launch title and Splut2n.
>>
>>389711969
>Does this have all the DLC? I recall there was a shitload of it.
No, it doesn't.

>>389712004
It's up to Nintendo in the end, anon. As someone who owns a PS4 and a Switch, what incentive do I have to buy the Switch version of a third party game?
>>
>>389711585
This is literally a new thing with the Switch
I own every Nintendo console, and 3rd party games did not sell at all from the N64 era to the Wii U
I have no clue what is causing the sudden change
>>
>>389711969
It doesn't come with any DLC
>>
>>389712097
>what incentive do I have to buy the Switch version of a third party game?
Playing while pooping
>>
>>389711585
Don't care about the Switch version; where's the news on that "expansion" shit they mentioned?
>>
>>389712238
I don't use my Switch in portable mode and I go into the bathroom, shit and leave.
>>
>>389712169
Cause Switch 3rd party are at least with the decent minimum amount of effort (some) , 90% of WiiU 3rd party games were literal TRASH
>>
>>389712238
how fat are you that your shits take that long?
>>
>>389712282
welp then, no use for you i guess
>>
>>389712097
>>389712178

Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
>>389712718
If the trailers are any indication, you do get to play through Xenoverse 1's story, up to and including the fight with Demigra, so that's something. It's more so Switch owners can experience the story and importing a character from 1 to 2 though.
>>
How was this one anyway? Just better than the shit first game or actually good?
>>
>>389713154
Not worth it. It's practically the same game and even reuses 99% of the fights. I regret buying it.

>>389712718
The DLC is shit anyway.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
is it on the jap eshop? If it is and I buy it now, can I just switch to english when it releases here?
>>
>>389711585
>big hit on Switch
>in Japan
>where no one has an xbox
>where ps4 sales are somewhat mediocre
>>
>>389713154
It's what the first game should've been. Hopefully XV3 will feel like an actual sequel since FighterZ means they won't have to rush it out just to meet the yearly Dragon Ball console quota.
>>
Does anyone really care about Xenoverse with Fighter Z on the horizon, I don't even like Dragon Ball and Fighter Z at least looks interesting, at least only visually.

>>389713316
PS4 sales are still much higher than Switch currently, I think the main draw is that it's portable.
>>
>>389713424
>Does anyone really care about Xenoverse with Fighter Z on the horizon, I don't even like Dragon Ball and Fighter Z at least looks interesting, at least only visually.
no idea, but could be cause they are different styles of Fighthing game
>>
File: tumblr_nrr7wfCA3l1qg18y5o1_400.gif (386KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrr7wfCA3l1qg18y5o1_400.gif
386KB, 400x240px
>>389713212
alright I checked and yes it is. It can be bought at 10% off. but my second question still remains. anyone knows if I can switch it to english when it releases in NA?
>>
>>389713424
>Does anyone really care about Xenoverse
the OP post links to an article about how the game is selling out in Japan. What the fuck do you think?
>>
>>389713546
I thought people brought these games because of the Dragon Ball licence.
>>
>>389713607
supposably if you buy it now you can play it in english if you use an english profile. The game's page on the eshop should say what languages it is in and i've seen people play the Switch version in english on youtube for the past few days
>>
>>389713985
>The game's page on the eshop should say what languages it is in
nigga it's all moonrunes. I can't even tell which column to look at for the specifications. still, XV seems braindead enough to play without a translation so I might just bite. Buying should be easy enough now that the eshop supports paypal

on a completely different note the NeoGeo emulator just got blue's journey AND YOU SHOULD REALLY GO GET THAT SHIT
>>
>>389714201
>Buying should be easy enough now that the eshop supports paypal
I've never used paypal but does it allow you to convert usd to yen? I might just do that for XV.
>the NeoGeo emulator just got blue's journey AND YOU SHOULD REALLY GO GET THAT SHIT
Never heard of it.
>>
File: bjourney.png (18KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
bjourney.png
18KB, 320x224px
>>389714291
>does it allow you to convert usd to yen?
I believe so, yeah. anyway blue's journey is a cutesy and short neogeo platformer that should keep you busy for a few hours. I remember it not relying much on nickel-and-dime practices with its difficulty which is always great
>>
No one buys Nintendo for multiplats. People buy Nintendo for the first-party games and the occasional third-party exclusive.
>>
Every game on switch sells well.

I wonder what the attach rate is for switch owners .
>>
>>389714610
Nintendo best sellers systems are the ones with a lot of third party games.
>>
>>389715383
The NES had a virtual monopoly on the market, and Nintendo forced third-party publishers to exclusively publish games on it. As time passed, more competition sprung up, and consoles sales dropped each gen for Nintendo. They only rose again with the Wii, which had tons of third-party support, but it was 80% shovelware exploiting the waggle gimmick.
Look at the Gamecube, for example. Library was made up of third-party exclusive hidden gems, but lost that gen to consoles that had more multiplats.
>>
>>389715383
GC had good initial support but sold like shit anyway.
>>
>>389714291
can confirm, paypal works and THERE IS an english option with dialogue and text. buy the game through the nintendo eshop jap website if the console doesn't allow you to for some reason. already got mine

https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000001145
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.