[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witcher 1 vs Thief 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: W1vsT1.png (423KB, 820x598px) Image search: [Google]
W1vsT1.png
423KB, 820x598px
Debating which one should i start. Wondering which one do you guys like more? I know they are not similar, but just generally the opinions on these two would be nice.
>>
>>389709149
Play Thief first
>>
The Witcher would be better as a visual novel/telltale type thing than the way they made the games.
>>
>>389709589
Some reasons would be good.
>>389710243
Agreed, played through witcher 3, wanna play 1st two now but i never played thief and it looks really appealing.
>>
bamp
>>
File: max comfort was had.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
max comfort was had.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
>>389709149
i truly enjoyed witcher 1. comfy atmosphere for sure.
>>
>>389712084
I thought i wouldn't like witcher 3 but it ended up being fun and super comfy. Some say they like witcher 1 the best out of 3 games and that its super comfy so im quite hyped for it.
>>
depends on what type of game you prefer

if you're going to play Thief, play Thief Gold and install the proper fix patches, tfix i think it's called
>>
File: quality stealth game.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
quality stealth game.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>389709149
>Debating which one should i start.
There is no debate.Thief 1 is the only right choice.I like The Witcher series but Thief 1 and Thief 2 are simply games that you HAVE to play.
>>
>>389709149

DESU, I didn't play The Witcher, but I can tell you that for me, the Thief series was amazing.

Obviously it is old as hell, it has more atmosphere and tension that most games nowadays.

The best thing? You can play the sequels after the first one.
>>
>>389712581
Will check about fixes.
>>389712687
Thief 1?
>>389713067
I do hear that a lot, i will give thief 1 a try and older games are no problem, i grew up on them, still play them often. I am really intrested in how they impact me. Ofc if i like thief 1 i will play 2 and maybe 3. What would you call the setting of thief, steampunk maybe?
>>
>>389713540
steampunk and fantasy

play the game on expert difficulty (you get more objectives and hence more out of the game)
play with headphones on in a darkish/secluded room

have fun anon, it's one of those games I wish I could play again for the first time
>>
>>389713540

In Thief 3 there is an infamous level. "Robbing the Craddle", and it has a reputation as one of the scariest levels ever made, and it still holds up to this day.

I agree with >>389713931, you definitely want to play in darkness and with headphones.
>>
Thief 1 is way better unless you want a story, I don't think TW1 is the best in the series like some people do but it's really engaging writing wise once you break out of the first 3 chapters, which takes some time to get to and the combat can be a chore if you don't want to do rhythm based clicking
>>
>>389713931
Sounds very good, i think my 3 favorite games might be original yoshi's island, dark souls and silent hill. So looking at that, i like atmosphere, puzzles and challenge. They are all very different and all of these elements vary between those but that is generally what attracts me in games and im very picky but thief looks very much like my thing even tho i never played it. Im just unsure about difficulty, if i go with expert right away i might be put off if i get stuck. Simply unsure for the first playthrough, i always prefer when games dont have option to pick difficulty.
>>389714243
Hope its more horror through atmosphere than jump scares.
>>389714246
I guess its good balance, one for the story, one for gameplay.
>>
Thief of course. Get the Gold version.
>>
File: genius level AI.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
genius level AI.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>
>>389714923

what's wrong with that?
>>
>>389714923
Those textures look good for an older game.
>>
>>389714630
i'm a fan of all 3 of those games, and I have to say that Thief is in my top 3 games

it's not for everyone, but it's one of those games that completely blew my mind when I first played it.
>>
>>389709149
Witcher. I tried playing Thief and it just constantly crashed, something about the modern OS that it didn't like
>>
>>389714630
>Hope its more horror through atmosphere than jump scares.

Oh believe me, Thief is a series that understands this far, far, far more than you imagine.

Here's a video comparing Thief to triple A games. I don't agree with everything, but the core is pretty solid and eye opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU&t=311s
>>
File: Prayer.jpg (531KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prayer.jpg
531KB, 1920x1080px
>>389712430
It's a slog at times to get through, but a good slog.
>>
>>389710443
>Agreed, played through witcher 3, wanna play 1st two now but i never played thief and it looks really appealing.
If you played Witcher 3 and thought it was a good game you will not be able to genuinely appreciate Thief.
>>
>>389715778
All those AAA games in the video... They look so boring, its unreal. Thief on the other hand looks super fun, core reason why i wanna play it.
>>
>>389709149
Thief
>>
File: 1504471423644.jpg (66KB, 1059x800px) Image search: [Google]
1504471423644.jpg
66KB, 1059x800px
>>389716008
>>
>>389713540
Thief 3 is hilarious until you reach the cradle. My heart could not handle that shit so I gave up.
>>
witcher 1 is great!
>>
Correct me if I am wrong, but was there ever a typical scripted "jump scare" in the Thief series?
I don't think so, right?
>>
https://youtu.be/3ldqsgvPR4M

Thief 2
>>
>>389716243

This is an article from a games magazine is dedictated to that JUST that level from Thief 3.
All spoilers in it are marked, so dive in if interested!
>>
>>389716008
If you checked all my comments you would notice my fav games and could get a clearer picture at my taste. Witcher 3 seemed like the AAA shit i would never touch, got a new pc tho and decided to instal it to see how it performs, ended up loving the atmosphere, envoirments, wind and rain i could smell and story was quite fun. Very odd for someone who could never get into games like dragon age, skyrim and most of the newer AAA action rpgs. The gameplay of witcher 3 was quite disappointing but the stuff i listed above made up for it.
>>
>>389716464
http://gillen.cream.org/thecradle.pdf

Derp
>>
>>389716531
Thanks anon
>>
Witcher 1 is probably my favorite games, and even though it's not even an old game it's very hard to get into

Thief is very fun and easy to get into from the start unless you can't stand old graphics
>>
>>389709149
Thief is better, TW1 suffers heavily from its low budget. Still a gem hidden in there but you have to put up with more flaws.
>>
They're both amazing games in my top 10.
I suggest Thief Gold first. But play it on expert and really immerse yourself in the universe. Try not to get spooped too hard.
>>
>>389709149

One last thing; look for patches/fan threads where people post solutions to why the games don't work on modern computers anymore.

For example, you had to use Task Manager to reduce the processors working for Thief 2 to one to get ti to work for more then 5 seconds.

Have a fun time in the shadows anon!
>>
>>389718408
Thanks, i definitely gotta look into that.
>>
File: community_image_1406502389.jpg (186KB, 861x366px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1406502389.jpg
186KB, 861x366px
>>389709149
Don't be a taffer
Play Thief Trilogy before any of this /v/ memes games like witcher/dark souls.
>>
>>389709149
Never played any Witcher games, they seem boring af, but Thief 1 and 2 have some of the best level design IN HISTORY, anon, you have to play it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.