[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Breath of the Wild only get better with time like OoT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: C8TPJ1NU0AAXBt9.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
C8TPJ1NU0AAXBt9.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: maxresdefau3lt.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefau3lt.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Leave el grande padre to us!
>>
>>389701824
Calmate si no queres que te calme.
>>
OOT got worse over time and the same will happen to BOTW.

If you played OOT in 2017 you'd be playing a really good video game. But it wouldn't be breaking new ground and blowing your mind like if you had played back at release. Same thing for BOTW.
>>
It will get worse over time, like all games.
>>
>>389702404
Games don't have to remain groundbreaking to remain better. Super Mario Bros is still a 10/10 platformer compared to modern indie and AAA platformers. OoT and BotW are 10+/10 adventure games whether released 18 years or 18 fortnights ago.
>>
>>389702779
This isn't true at all though. Super Mario Bros fails in comparison to any other entry into it's own series practically. Let ALONE a modern 2D platformer.

Games age. Fucking deal with it.
>>
>>389702779
Withstanding the test of time is one thing, getting BETTER though? Nah, OoT doesn't qualify
Still a great game for sure, but it's not better nowdays by any means
>>
>>389702870
t. never played Super Mario Bros

Vidya "aging" is a myth perpetuated by people who have buyer's remorse so hurtful they continue to deny history rather than accept the brutally painful realization they missed out.
>>
>>389703134
Let's agree to disagree. If you've been in OoT threads lately you'd know what I mean.
>>
>>389701586
No, but it's artstyle will make it last longer than most games released in its time. Like Windwaker.
>>
>>389703348
I don't know how going to OoT threads would change my perspective in life, but do enlighten me
>>
>>389703405
People have been comparing OoT to BotW lately and drawing on some of the subtler complexities to its depth like the adult temples you can interchange and whatnot. This isn't stuff people cared about till BotW made them start thinking about it.
>>
File: 1354780304527.jpg (40KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1354780304527.jpg
40KB, 320x240px
>>389703660
>People have been comparing OoT to BotW lately and drawing on some of the subtler complexities to its depth like the adult temples you can interchange and whatnot.
Imagine actually being one of these fucking people and still riding OOTs cock two decades later
>>
>>389701586
literally nothing about botw is as memorable as oot. BotW was so watered down and generic for the sake of WOW OPEN WOOOOOOORLD that the gameplay, story, and experience suffered.
>>
>>389703989
Disagree. Played the game months ago and I still have fond memories of subtle moments like when I discovered that you could traverse through the cold region in the starting area by carrying a torch
>>
>>389701586
Ocarina of Time aged like shit.
>>
>>389704232
That doesn't make it fun to play and relive. The soldiers following your footsteps in MGS1 was an interesting technological advancement but it's not the reason you go back and play mgs
>>
>>389704331
>soldiers
>s
Reminder that literally only one soldier can see your footprints
>>
File: maxresdeefault.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdeefault.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
>>389701586
Yes.

People saying the Witcher 3 is better who haven't even played Breath of the Wild. I own the Witcher 3 and have even been into the lore and have read a lot of the books. Bug Witcher fan. BOTW is better however. Play the game before you say things are better.

The polish alone on the game blows the Witcher out of the water. The puzzles the combat, the survival elements all make up for a more fun game. I understand the take the Witcher has, but struggles gameplay wise. The main story there was boring as well in the Witcher. It was the side quests that made the game great. Breath of the Wild feels like a culmination of everything great in open world games and does it better. It's exploration is rewarding constantly with always something to find. The world is huge and has an art style much more distinctive than the Witcher. The characters are much more interesting in botw as are the amazing cities and the people inside. The charm of the game is beyond comprehension.

And again I'm a massive Witcher fan. Have been longer than most of the people that call themselves fans of it now. Been around since the first. My room has posters of the series and I even have shirts and stuff for it. I honestly adore the Witcher, so saying all of that is as a massive Witcher fan.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I honestly don't mean any hard feelings on sharing my thoughts about the game here. I just really love BOTW.
>>
>>389701586
OoT was a masterpiece from the start
Dont compare it to botw shit
>>
I really hope the next Zelda has actual dungeons, even if it means less of the shrine copypaste spam. My only real complaint
>>
>>389703220
Have you played Goldeneye lately? That game aged like hot ass thanks to it playing janky as FUCK but at the time it was amazing.
>>
File: deadhand.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadhand.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>389701586
No, it'll get worse.
>All the cool shit happened 100 years ago
>Entire story told in flashbacks
>Extremely small enemy variety
>No point in attacking enemy camps because all it does it waste weapons so you can get another shitty weapon
>Piss-easy combat
>No dungeons
>Shrines and Koroks are the only thing worth finding
>Due to everything being accessible from the beginning, the stakes and difficulty don't rise as the game goes on.
>No spooky shit in the game, redeads and areas like Bottom of The Well are no where to be found.
What happened to stuff like pic related?
>>
>>389701586
I think it'll age even better than OoT. You know how everyone's always blown away by finding out about the dying soldier in OoT? BotW is filled with that kind of thing. Months later and there's still stuff that makes me go "wait that works?"
>>
>>389704331
That's funny, because I literally replayed the game another week or so ago.
>>
File: link and mipha.png (959KB, 1300x1729px) Image search: [Google]
link and mipha.png
959KB, 1300x1729px
>>389704981
I think to avoid the next game feeling like a BotW rehash they're going to have to go the opposite direction. Densely populated and industrialized Hyrule instead of 99% desolate postapocalyptic waste. "The Wild" was literally the theme of this game and it's hard to imagine how they follow it up.

Bringing back full normal dungeons, learning lessons from BotW, will be an easy win for them. We could have something like Skull Woods in a 3D Zelda game, where you have to enter the dungeon from different points Hyrule Castle style to solve all of the puzzles.
>>
>>389705576
>Densely populated and industrialized Hyrule
The Switch can't do that. The game chugs in towns and especially the master sword area. The only reason this game runs is because there's very little action happening on screen, and even then its 900p 30fps with drops.
>>
>>389704983
There's an exception when it comes multiplayer games because that's a take it or leave it situation. It's like someone on /wsr/ explained how torrenting started. Back in the Napster days you didn't care what quality you got because you didn't have a choice.

The game itself is still good. Will Goldeneye get any GOTY awards in 2017? No, but it wouldn't have in 1997 either when Star Fox 64 came out that year, and that's a modern GOTY game. Hell Star Fox 2 has a chance of being GOTY this year.
>>
>>389705576
That's not at all what I want out of Zelda though. BotW did it right by being focused on explorations. We need one more iterative sequel, the Majora's Mask equivalent. Also traditional dungeons are boring and shitty.
>>
>>389705462
Like what? I just finished it. I'm hoping you're right but I feel like you're too optimistic.
>>
>>389705953
>Also traditional dungeons are boring and shitty.

You never liked Zelda.
>>
>>389705879
Are you retarded or something? Underage? Goldeneye got a ton of GOTY awards back in 1997 and had a profound influence on console shooters. It was far more influential than SF64 and aged like shit.

Star Fox 64 is an example of a game that aged great. Goldeneye is an example of one that didn't.
>>
>>389706104
Not that guy but probably like that webm where you use stasis on Water Blight Ganon's ice blocks and then OHKO him somehow.
I didn't really watch it since it was a spoiler but it was causing a lot of hubbub.
>>
>>389706135
Zelda isn't about boring linear dungeons with one rote and menial puzzle room after the other. It was during the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword era and Zelda was depressingly mediocre in that time.

ALBW was all about dungeons, and while it was good, I don't love it the same way I loved the better Zeldas.
>>
>>389706136
SF64 is a flawless game in its regard because it picked a genre that is already nigh perfect in execution. Goldeneye was more influential oh.... maybe... because... IT WAS AND IS A GOOD GAME. It was built off Nintendo's accomplishments in 3D, and this has always overshadowed its unique innovations like limb-detection and whatnot. You can say SF64 even did that. Goldeneye is a good game because it just was. But it was not SF64 good.

What about this is where you are having difficulty?
>>
>>389701586
the final battle was too forgetable
>>
>>389706981
I meant to add that FPS is a cheapass genre that will always be a slave to time. The fact that Goldeneye accomplished so much for one game is a testament to what a good game it is.
>>
>>389701586
>implying OOT wasnt obliterated as bad as Goldeneye with time
>>
>>389706981
>>389707084
Oh, I see. You're a fucking massive nintendofag.

No, the FPS genre is not slave to time. Doom, Quake and UT99 are all games that play flawlessly despite their age.
>>
>>389707090
Anti-64 babbies please leave
>>
>>389707303
PC babby please leave.

There's a reason Goldeneye is more remembered than those games. We just covered it.
>>
>>389707347
Quest64 is a better game than Goldeneye T B H
>>
File: Noyourenot.png (423KB, 787x443px) Image search: [Google]
Noyourenot.png
423KB, 787x443px
>>389707460
>There's a reason Goldeneye is more remembered than those games. We just covered it.
>Goldeneye
>More remembered than Doom
>>
>>389702779
mario 1 is barely a 7 or 8/10 by modern standards. world held up the best out of all the classic marios
>>
>>389707935
>7
Imagine this. No Mario game has existed and SMB1 came out today. But you've got several dozen other modern games you'd rate 9/10 and 10/10? Hook me up brother.
>>
>>389701586
What do you mean? OoT aged like shit. Completely unplayable today unless you're a hardcore zelda fanboy and convinced yourself that this pos is even remotely good.
>>
>>389702404
/threead
>>
>>389702779
>10+

Lmao imagine being such a Zelda drone that you think these games are literally better than perfect.
>>
File: 1462682820599.jpg (29KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
1462682820599.jpg
29KB, 306x273px
Like he said, you have never actually liked Zelda. It's foundation has been traditional "linear" dungeons since the nes. If you had actually played Zelda games beyond ALBW, you'd realize how much of fucking hypocrite you sound like, calling out WW, TP, and SS, for being linear, yet ignoring OoT, MM, and all the game's before them for being the same thing
>>
>>389710108
For>>389709069
>>
>>389710198
Sorry meant>>389706661
I'm that triggered
>>
>>389701586
No, I don't think so really.

I'm on my 2nd playthrough right now (trying to 100% everything) and it feels like a pretty big slog going back.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I can't imagine myself jumping back into an open world like this in 10 years or so just because of all the effort it would take to re-explore it again.

Also don't want to do any of the bosses again really, honestly think they were the worst part of this game
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.