[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the heck went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: JOURNO.png (306KB, 1104x666px) Image search: [Google]
JOURNO.png
306KB, 1104x666px
What the heck went wrong?
>>
>>389700846
Times changed anon
>>
File: IMG_0184.jpg (20KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0184.jpg
20KB, 407x286px
>>389700846
It's way worse now then it was then desu. Gaming journalism is a fucking joke and all the metacritic shitposting is retarded. Form your own opinion.
>>
Games journalism was a joke then and it's a joke now
>>
Games journalism was always a joke, but at least you could enjoy the older stuff.
>>
Gaming journalism is shit but the alternative for most of you seems to be just taking /v/'s word as gospel which is literally no better
>>
the best games journalism, like most things, is often obscure, void of any advertising or promotion, and rarely spoken of even by their fans. let me help you;

hardcoregaming101
giant bomb
oldmanmurray(defunct)
actionbutton.net(defunct)

there are exceedingly few, and I'm probably even missing some since I've reeled in the level of attention I pay to the games industry for the past few years. there are still good game journalists out there, it's just most of them got tired of talking about them and started making them instead
>>
>>389702708
giant bomb is e-celeb garbage
>>
>>389701590
this, I know that somewhere I have an old magazine that spoke of the rumour of next playstation being part organic, like some sort of science fiction monster

if you cant figure it out, it was a huge misunderstanding over cell

also remember in the past we used to get photos of shit that would eventually be dropped forever, now that was a ballsbuster.
there were still terrible reviews and whatnot but at the very fucking least, it was always about the games, not some pseudo-intelectual guilt-tripping mumbo-jumbo and nobodies sucking each other dicks
>>
actual answer:
back then, the people working there were in their 20s, and the older ones were still committed hobbyists. Flash forward to mid 2000s (2008ish) and a lot of the same people are still working there, now in their 30s, looking to settle down and enjoy life outside of games. Now their job is just a job, they barely even play games for fun anymore. And now they even hire people who really have no interest in playing games for anything but a paycheck, and certainly will never consider trying to improve their own skill.
>>
>>389701590
Yeah, it used to be fun. It felt less like the articles were written by journalism rejects and more like it was written by gamers.

>>389702708
Christ Centered Gamer is unironically the best source for game reviews.
>>
>>389703003
yeah I was debating putting (defunct) next to their name too. Ryan took everything that made the site special with him
>>
File: Dan Hsu.png (3MB, 667x1505px) Image search: [Google]
Dan Hsu.png
3MB, 667x1505px
>>389700846
>EGM
>corporate shills
Oh boy, how new are you?
>>
>>389703529
>in their 30s

Not really, the majority of the staff at, say, Waypoint, is in their very early to mid 20s.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.