[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Tyranny worth getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is Tyranny worth getting?
>>
strictly better than PoE, strictly worse than BG2
>>
>>389700206
>combat is dull
>AI is pants on head retarded even on Damned difficulty which stresses the AI is more clever. They make a beeline for your mages and archers, breaking off engagement from your tanks instantly. Tanks that are not your MC are worthless.
>the story is basically the shittier parts of FONV Honest Hearts and ceasar's legion, which itself is a mindnumbing bad yarn

I'll give it a no OP
>>
>>389700206
Bad game for neogaf transplants
>>
>>389700206
Just buy planescape
>>
>>389700206
>supporting SJWs
>>
>>389700504
This pretty much
>>
>>389700206
No. I'd be lying if I said I hated my time with it but it's not good enough to justify its 30+ hr run time. Probably the worst written obsidian game I've played.
>>
It's a less interesting Pillars of Eternity with a story revolving around "Lul so you're the bad guy". I'm fine with evil runs but locking someone into it is trash.
>>
>>389703771
To be fair you can be the most goody two shoes "villain" ever and end up declaring war on Kyros either way, so might as well play the heroic revolutionary
>>
What is a game with in depth and important character building, like Underrail or, to a certain degree, Wasteland 2?
>>
How much do you enjoy infinity engine style games? Do you like them enough to play through one with really mediocre writing?
>>
File: 1484194889048.gif (653KB, 229x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484194889048.gif
653KB, 229x200px
>>389700206
For the $22 its on now for sale? Yeah
Its strength is in its replayability since it has 5 paths and each plays out differently though they reuse the same core assets.

I also find that it excels in two areas that are kind of critical for RPGs, aside from the writing itself. The first is the concept, which is more original than what most CRPGs offer these days since you're a bureaucrat rather than an adventurer or the overlord themself. The second is that this one actually has THEMES that are connected to the game mechanics. Now, those game mechanics are only executed with average results but they still relate back to the themes of the game very well.

I'd get it, I had a good time with it
>>389701847
That game does not hold up well in the slightest
>>389703771
>did not play the game
>>389703932
What do you mean by Character building? Like in terms of story reactivity or in terms of combat/problem solving skills?
>>
No, it's awful. Pillars of Eternity is better in every department.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.