[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metro: Exodus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: metro-exodus.jpg (250KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
metro-exodus.jpg
250KB, 1280x720px
Will it live up to expectations?

In my opinion I think it will, but the trailer did feel like it was one huge cutscene at times so the only actual gameplay that we've actually is the E3 trailer, which is still only the crossbow scene.

Though some small little details really stuck out to me, like Artyom changing the revolver style mechanism on his shotgun for a magazine fed one and the way you could see the shell in the barrel. Also the fluidity of animations are amazing and well above Metro: Last Light or 2033's.
>>
>Also the fluidity of animations are amazing and well above Metro: Last Light or 2033's.
Was this your first E3 or something? All of this was clearly a scripted bullshot.

Also the open world meme will likely kill the game.
>>
>>389692435
Its gonn be shit
/thread
>>
>>389692505
I was talking about gameplay animations, gun loading, small shit like that.

I also do not like the way polygon and other shitty publications are spoon-feeding fuckers that "this is an open world game". The developers said that it was going to still be linear but with STALKER elements.
>>
>>389692581
t. newfag
>>
Cautiously optimistic. I'm yet to be disappointed by Metro and though not much is out what is out so far looks like they're continuing to play to its strengths.

The >open world has got me nervous but my understanding is it's more like Crysis than STALKER or, God forbid, Skyrim.
>>
>>389692435
I loved the original metro 2033, the ruined all the mechanics in LL and Redux because playtesters and consoles, so I have zero hope this will be any good.
>>
>>389692505
It's linear not OW. Like current Metro but more open.
>>
>>389692698
>"oh no someone called my game shit."
>"better call him a newfag! yeah that'll show him whos the boss around here"
t. cuck
>>
>>389692505
its not open world, stop reading pc gamer articles
>>
>>389692948
whatever you say, shill.
>>
Cautiously optimistic, Last Lights consolization really was a step in the wrong direction but hopefully they do better this time around as LL redux fixed alot of the issues I had with the original release.

And as far as the "open world" goes, since they have some ex stalker devs that have experience with that sort of thing I feel confident they will pull it off.
>>
File: Revolver Metro 2033.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Metro 2033.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Reminder
>>
File: Revolver Metro Redux.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Metro Redux.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>389693293
>>
>>389693293
Redux really fucked up 2033 where as it fixed alot of issues in the Last Light version.
>>
>>389692435
>Will it live up to expectations?
I don't have any.
Neither of the previous Metro game impressed me. I would like to like them: a lot of the original Stalker folks worked on them, it's an Ukraine studio so I know it's not just a bunch of cynical assholes... But the games are completely disappointing in everything BUT the visuals.

The gunplay was meh, the level design attrocious, enemies annoying, constant companions sucking out anything even resemembling atmosphere, most of the game game was painfully linear and felt almost like CoD, down to awful on-literal-rails vehicle segments and turret sections...
And to top it all off, the writing and story and world-building was AWFUL in these games. That is what I think really drives the nail into the coffin. The visuals are pretty and there are some neat touches here and there, but every single time the game goes beyond painting a pretty scenery, it IMMEDIATELY falls apart.
Ultimately, I always found these games weirdly unimmersive. I think the multiplatform origin of the series carries a lot of the guilt for that.

Shame, because I'd really love to see more East European bleakness. Stalker is among my all time favorites, and I don't mind linear games in principle. I just think Metro does particularly bad job of it.
So I have no expectations of the next one. There was no real improvement between the first and second either: I think that things I dislike are very much core to the design philosophy, and the team has no intention of changing them.
>>
>>389693805
I respect that, and I hate the god awful enemies and the poor voice acting in Metro: Last Light at times. I have played both call of pripyat and shadow of chernobyl and they were really good games, especially with the mod that combined both into one big map.

I've just stayed with Metro for so long because I have read the books, I love the setting and the atmosphere. I fell in love with the post-apocalyptic Russian metro setting.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.