[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destiny 2, is it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Destiny-2-1080P-Wallpaper-1.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-1080P-Wallpaper-1.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone here got an opinion on Destiny 2 to share? It's getting mixed reviews.
>>
>>389686263
Did you like Destiny 1? Then it's fun. Did you hate Destiny 1, then it sucks.
>>
File: Xwxsj28_d.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Xwxsj28_d.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
I don't like the fact that I'm probably going to buy this. The industry is garbage and me NOT buying it isn't going to change everything. I've tried to educate the NORMIES as best I can, but they all still bought it anyways.

I'm giving up.

Maybe this time I can get carried to the lighthouse and maybe I'll have just as much fun with it as I did with the base Destiny.

Cowboy hats, that's all I wanted. I just wanted to wear a cowboy hat. I will buy into all the faggy DLC if they just add cowboy hats.
>>
>>389686263
Do you like action-RPGs? Do you like chasing after gear? Do you like repeating activities, getting better each time or trying new weapons/builds each time? If so, you'll like Destiny.

If you don't like repetition or chasing after gear then you won't like Destiny.
>>
>>389686263
Destiny 2 isn't so much a sequel as it is an expansion. While it's good that Blizzard is releasing it on the PC with good performance results the fact is that the numerous in game microtransactions combined with the repetitive content and short campaign means you'll be doing a lot of grinding in order to get anything worthwhile. Also note that Blizzard has a habit of releasing expensive DLC and expansions to the game, same as they did with Destiny 1 so that initial 60 USD investment can balloon to more than 100 USD.

If you are a Destiny fan, feel free to try it. Those looking for cheaper alternatives might want to look into Warframe.
>>
>>389687006
>the numerous in game microtransactions
For cosmetic items and gear mods that you get through normal gameplay
>Also note that Blizzard has a habit of releasing expensive DLC and expansions to the game
Blizzard doesn't make Destiny, and you'll only have to buy the expansions if you like the game and want to play the newest content
>Those looking for cheaper alternatives might want to look into Warframe
Destiny and Warframe have almost nothing in common
>>
>>389687501
>gear mods that you get through normal gameplay
For now

Knowing Activision, they'll push to decrease drop rates
>>
>>389687785
>drop rates
Have you even played it? You can buy mods from Banshee in addition to getting them as rewards for activities. There are no "drop rates" to decrease and there's no precedent in Destiny for such a thing, anyway.
>>
I felt stupid buying Destiny 1 when it came out but I did have fun. So I learned my lesson and I'll pick it up when it's base game + all expansions for around $30.
>>
>>389686263
It's easy to get addicted to it. Doesn't mean its a good game though. Its certainly not worth it
>>
After playing Rocket League and soulsborne almost exclusively for 2 years, it's nice to have a casual MMO.. I recognize D1 wasn't great, but I had a lot of fun with friends on it - and I am again with D2. So I say worth it.
>>
>>389687501
>Destiny and Warframe have almost nothing in common
Really? you can't draw any connections between a instance based Thrid Person scifi MMO shooter and a First Person instance based scifi MMO shooter?
>>
>>389688694
This.

It's nice playing a game that doesn't give me stomach ulcers
>>
>>389689043
Given that they have completely different kinds of progression, completely different minute-to-minute gameplay, completely different levels of resource management and completely different suites of activities I stand by my statement.
>>
File: destinycomplete.png (366KB, 475x470px) Image search: [Google]
destinycomplete.png
366KB, 475x470px
>>389686263
Pick up the complete edition of the first game instead. Not only is it cheaper, but it has more content as well.
>>
>>389686263
I've played a couple hours of the story so far and while it is an improvement it is still not worthy of its price tag
>>
>>389686263
Destiny 1 expac
>>
>>389689719
>Not on PC

Otherwise I would.
>>
>>389686263
Strike bosses are as bland and uninspired as the original. Bosses are just larger versions of regular enemies from the first game.
>>
>>389690875
Only the vex one looks the same.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.