[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun Magic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 001010s023[1].jpg (185KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
001010s023[1].jpg
185KB, 600x480px
I tried replaying Oblivion and Skyrim because I wanted fun magic and they're both boring as fuck. Conjuration would be good except you can't even get more than one minion at a time. Destruction doesn't scale so is useless later on.
What games if any are there where magic actually has depth or is actually fun and effective?
Pic related
>>
none as of yet. Until we get a game like magicka in first person I doubt we will see any anytime soon.
>>
>>389681516

I don't think it's necessarily deep or anything, but combat in Dark Messiah of Might & Magic was generally tons of fun. Had a bunch of magic too
>>
In terms of tactical depth, Battlemage Lichdom was good, since you were crafting spells and could use them as projectiles/AoE/cones and whatnot, but otherwise it was a pretty disappointing/dull game.
Another anon mentioned Magicka, lots of fun with the combo system but the actual game progression is kinda shit, plus solo play is boring.
Two Worlds 2 has a fun and creative magic system that lets you create some interesting spells, but everything else about the game is either boring or complete shit.
>>
Rudora no Hihou
>>
There's a lot of really good spell mods for skyrim, try those.
>>
File: 1477690552369.jpg (310KB, 963x830px) Image search: [Google]
1477690552369.jpg
310KB, 963x830px
>>389681516
Arx Fatalis.

Magic system involves drawing runes to cast and precast shit. The runes all make sense, too.

Fireball would be: Create , Fire, Projectile

You have to find the runes in the game world to unlock them, too. Neat little game. Shame the combat wasn't very good. Loved the setting.
>>
>>389683357
It's also more or less Dark Messiah's predecessor.
>>
Underrail has godlike psi casting, with lots of utility and combos.
>>
Magic Carpet 2 is pretty rad, if you're okay with a DOS pseudo-fps
>>
>>389681516
There's a mod for Grimrock 2 called Magic of Grimrock, it's got some rather interesting spells that improves on the default game by a fair bit, the only catch is that you have to find the scrolls for each spell before you can cast it.
Also, unlike the default game, your exp per level is massively lowered, so getting a full party of mages isn't as difficult, though in contrast there are now more variations of enemies and many more puzzles.
Just to illustrate, my solo Farmer ended up around level 500+ at the end of the game.
>>
>>389686343
Holy shit so it's basically an overhaul?
I didn't knew there's overhauls for grimrock 2.
>>
>>389685814
Just looked this up and it's pretty wacky.
Not sure if i'll played it but very interesting, nice water effects too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.