[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw there is a universe out there where Duke Nukem Forever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 20170908_163627.jpg (278KB, 716x688px) Image search: [Google]
20170908_163627.jpg
278KB, 716x688px
>tfw there is a universe out there where Duke Nukem Forever was released in January 2018
>Duke's new game comes out with "social justice activism" at its height in the 21st century
>it differed significantly from the Duke in our timeline because it capitalized off of, along with nostalgia, left-wing hysteria
>An old, brazenly masculine DN wakes up from a 20 year nap to a burned out Los Angeles, consumed by pozzed zombies, wild chimpanzees, and lizard people
>the lizard people have come from the void and want to take over the Earth, they've freed the chimps from the zoos (and the chimpcubes) and use radio waves to brainwash everyone else
>Duke blasts through hordes of obese freaks, bunnyhopping and strafing his way to a space station that takes him to the void from whence the lizards came
>features full female nudity and killable strippers
>A fusion of old-school fps, new school graphics, and conservative commentary blow the fire of controversy and success into the series
>the franchise makes a hot return and anchors itself solidly with the /pol/v/ crowd

instead the IP was sold to gearbox
>>
>>389677060
I see Gearbox going under and having to sell the IP in less than a decade
>>
>>389677060

It's just a whole bunch of squandered potential now
>>
>>389677060
There's also a universe where that universe's version of you is eternally fellating that universe's version of me day in and day out. The fuck is your point?
>>
>>389677437
The point is the Duke IP, with a little bit of finesse and machiavellian business moves going against the grain, could have brought back the series and oldschool fps gaming. And Gearbox is incompetent because they let that potential slip. Of course it is because they are leftists themselves so they would never dare to be actually edgy
>>
Bbbb
>>
>>389677060
There is a universe where DNF released as one of the 3 or 4 versions it was being made as before bing sold to Gearbox. Unreal Engine 2 version looked the best honestly.
>>
>>389677649
Your head is too full of memes to be taken seriously. That's true for just about every IP that was around when you were younger, since there's a large chance it was part if your childhood, and therefore rooted in your development. Great thread, faggot. Thought I was coming into a DN thread and get to be all nostalgic about a good game, and instead I found some /pol/ flagging retard with a hateboner for minorities and women, like every other 11-year old here.

Go drink some fucking bleach, you waste of fucking resources.
>>
File: Apogee.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Apogee.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
what the fuck went wrong with 3D Realms?
They used to be Apogee. They used to be so good. They were like the Nintendo / Sega of MS-DOS games. Then they made Duke Nukem 3D, changed their name to 3D Realms and just stopped caring about doing anything but scamming Take Two for their monthly paychecks to make Duke Nukem Forever while they sat on their asses doing nothing.

Who the fuck was responsible for this?
>>
>>389678365
This desu
>>
>>389677649
The Duke Nukem IP is cheesy as fuck and has nothing going for it but nostalgia. It would take a seriously talented developer and some groundbreakingly awesome gameplay to make it good again. And if the dev is good enough to make Duke Nukem good again then they wouldn't even need to use Duke as a platform; they could just make their own new IP and it would be just as good
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.