[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Absolver the Dark Souls of Tekken games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

Is Absolver the Dark Souls of Tekken games?
>>
>>389676521
Dead game
>>
Is OP the "Dark Souls" of faggots?
>>
Am I the dark souls of posts?
>>
Its a shame a bigger team didnt work on this, it was hella fun in story mode until it ended 7 hours later-and pvp was fun until rank 30. But the content gets stale fast, and there is not enough moves/items/pvp content to keep me interested.
>>
>>389676521
It would be fun if the networking wasn't fucking dogshit.
>>
>>389677248
Yeah what the fuck were they thinking getting the game out with one pvp mode.

They most likely ran out of money, heard they had a strong start so with a couple update it might get better staying power.
>>
>>389677451
Ill come back in 3-4 months and wipe whatever new content they have, and probably be done with it. That being said, fun pvp, almost worth the price.
>>
>>389677248

I'm amazed you lasted 7hrs.

I'd like to see a single player focused ripoff of the game , starring Jackie Chan as the protagonist doing what he dies best. The different moves depending on where you're facing looks dumb in 1v1 but great for getting thanked on as Jackie usually is. Add in grapple mechanics and environmental interaction and navigation and you've got yourself an awesome game.

Oh and developed by Platinum or FromSoft or something, round eyes can't into melee combat for some reason- just as good can't into FPS.
>>
>>389676521
If Dark Souls got boring after 10 minutes and had 0 content, yes.

Welcome to every non AAA game in 2017. Thanks, Early Access/Patreon/Kickstarter!
>>
Got a solid 60 hours out of the game. I think people who "get bored" of the PvP are just losing a lot and are embarrassed to admit it even though it's anon. Losing is frustrating as fuck, winning is amazing though. So I imagine if you lose a lot you'll walk away hating this game.

As for me, I'll still play it, but probably only occasionally.
>>
>>389678038
Yeah, the entire playerbase of For Honor got upset that they were losing and left.

Deluded idiot. It's a fighting game with half the depth of a fighting game, that tries to tack on all this shit like PVE and open world, but completely fails on both. It's a shit game. You like a shit game. It's not the end of the world.
>>
>>389678318
The game isn't shit, pve is just here to teach you how to fight a bit properly.

Why do you hate the game?
>>
>>389678318
>half the depth of a fighting game
League of Legends has more depth than any fighting game ever made lol

Nice spergout though
>>
>>389678038
I won about 50% before the end and about 75% after, that cape they give you is straight broken stats.
>>
PvP becomes pretty fun once you get enough moves to make an interesting deck.
>>
>>389678719
What's your point? It is, and because of that, it's insanely popular and has lasted most of a decade, and still going strong.
>>
>>389678990
League is not popular because of its depth, and it's not a good or challenging game because of its depth. It's kinda sad that I had to explicitly illustrate the point that I already implied to you.
>>
>>389678961
>grinding/farming

Dropped. Why couldn't they make the grinding purely cosmetic?
>>
>>389678801
But it's so ugly
>>
>>389679065
...But that's exactly why it's popular. It's easy to approach, and has enough depth to keep people coming back.

Why the fuck else would it be popular? Are you retarded?
>>
>>389679092
>grinding/farming
It doesn't feel grindy at all, it's a lot of fun to discover an opponent who has a move you haven't found and to learn that move after you kick his ass. If it took a long time to learn moves it'd be annoying, but by the time you finish the single player (4-8 hours on your first run) you'll have a ton of moves.

>>389679182
I'm not interested in discussing why League is popular, not sure why you even brought that up in the first place, are you a redditor that thinks popular game = good game?
>>
>>389678719
>League of Legends has more depth than any fighting game ever made lol

No it doesn't. Even with tons of character matchups it's still missing hitboxes that require knowledge of high/mid/low and not just distance, a much bigger moveset for every character, a huger emphasis on timing, and a design philosophy that attempts to avoid hard counters which gives even disadvantaged characters the ability to counter their worse matchups.
>>
>>389679262
...But you were the one who brought it up. I don't even. Anon, I've called a lot of people retarded over the years in /v/. Honestly, the number is probably in the hundreds, maybe even thousands.

But I've never meant it more, in the most accurate, literal way, you are actually, literally, mentally handicapped.
>>
>>389679428
>another embarrassing spergout
Are you serious dude? Re-read our exchange before you call someone else retarded. When did the word popular first appear?
>>
>>389679425
Okay. Then you add a whole map with neutral objectives, terrain, champion synergies, moving teamfights, item builds, runes and masteries, summoner spells, map control/movement/buffs, and y'know, the fact that you have 5 characters against 5 characters with all their varied abilities in an open field.

Fighting games are laughably simple in comparison. Once you learn your character's moveset, it's literally just learning combos and execution timing.
>>
LOOOOOOL bruh this game is dead as fuck, legit onsite death
>>
>>389679790
>tfw hit queue for a match
>instantly get one
not bad senpai, not bad
>>
>>389679790
They should have taken whatever money they used making the garbage "green plains" area and spent it on advertising.
>>
>>389679683
>Once you learn your character's moveset, it's literally just learning combos and execution timing.

This is absolutely wrong. You need to know your opponents moveset and how they interact with your own, how characters generally move before executing moves, etc.

>neutral objectives
wow kill NPCs
>terrain, map control
How is this any different from stages? You have ringouts, corners, interactive buffs, movements, attacks, breakable walls or floors, etc. These are all featured in EVO games
>champion synergies
And yet MvC and TTT put a huger emphasis on synergy

>item builds, runes and masteries, summoner spells
all of these should be put together with how shallow an limited it really is, especially for LoL. You have more freedom and real impact in assist or style choices in Capcom or NRS fighters.
>>
>>389680602
I mean come on LoL obviously has more required knowledge than any fighting game-that being said, they typically require more individual skill than mobas. arguing that memorizing 200 champ move sets and their interactions and match ups is easy is just petty.
>>
>>389680867
I'd argue even the twitch mechanics are more important in LoL. You have to be more precise and faster in fighting games, but in LoL, you have to think through five people attacking in five different ways with terrain and ranges.

No one is saying fighting games are easy or not complex. But to say the amount of knowledge required to play well and especially to do teamfights well is well beyond the depths of most fighting games.
>>
File: masterravenmovesfull.jpg (2MB, 1976x3952px) Image search: [Google]
masterravenmovesfull.jpg
2MB, 1976x3952px
>>389680867
>>
>>389681780
>fish for a confirm
>get guaranteed 10 hit combo that is all muscle memory

Yeah, really complex.
>>
>>389681618
>>389681618
>But to say the amount of knowledge required to play well and especially to do teamfights well is well beyond the depths of most fighting games.

Marn got into a season without even practicing LoL another fighting game player on his team
>>
>>389682063
And there are asian 6 year olds that can play the piano better than you ever will. That doesn't mean it's easy.

Isolated incidents are not an argument.
>>
>>389681930
>fish for a confirm
>get baited
>eat a punish
>now forced to play defense due to oki

>>389682206
Fighting game players can play MOBA with ease
MOBA players cannot and will never be able to successfully play a fighting game. It's just too much for their little minds.
>>
>>389682303
>proof: none
>>
>>389682303
So I play defensively and wait for an opening.
Wow. So deep. How do fighting game players do it?
>>
>>389682983
proof is Marn
How do you let that fucker into any avenue of the pro scene? The only games he's ever put practice into is Guilty Gear and Marvel. That's it. He relies on those skills to transfer over to everything he does.
>>
>>389683134
>So I play defensively and wait for an opening.
and then you get opened up yourself with mixups and frame traps. How do you deal with the high/mid/low pressure, crossups/crossunders, guar d breaks, and grabs?
>>
>>389683146
So we're going in circles. Told you that's not an argument and why.

Last (you) you'll get from me. Enjoy your dead genre.
>>
>>389683584
>get BTFO
>quit
MOBA is the definitely genre for you.
>>
>>389683729
Not him but fighting games are notorious for rage quitters dropping out mid-fight lol
>>
>>389679683
>Then you add a whole map with neutral objectives

That are tackled the same way with little variance every match

>terrain

This isn't dota

>champion synergies

Irrelevant since there's only a handful of competitive champions each patch cycle. The pool of champion synergies you need to remember to be competitive is much, much shallower than the information you need to know about a well balanced fighting game roster

>item builds

Lol has next to no variance in item builds, even across different champions that fulfill the same role. Item builds are so standard that you can get reported for trolling if you break the build

>runes and masteries, summoner spells

See item builds

> map control/movement/buffs

Might be an argument in favor of Quake duels but lol is much simpler than that.

>and y'know, the fact that you have 5 characters against 5 characters with all their varied abilities in an open field

This is actually a big problem with dotalikes. The 5v5 nature of them can make it difficult to judge the individual impact of different players including yourself. A player can actually make the best choices and still lose as well as make suboptimal choices without even really knowing it.

Fighting games are easier to learn because you can't make excuses and the feedback from your actions doesn't have the static of team dynamics clouding your decisions.
>>
>>389683864
>Not him but fighting games are notorious for rage quitters dropping out mid-fight lol
Only when LoL players try to join during the first month.
>>
>>389678719
I know you're being ironic and all, but some people actually believe this.
>>
>>389682303
>Fighting game players can play MOBA with ease

Funny enough I know someone (ok not really he's on a podcast) that's been playing dota since the early 2000s. Dude loves dota and marvel because of the crazy stupid interactions. He's good at both but marvel is his hometown. Also you know, dota has that "reveal yourself to the wrong enemy and you instantly die" appeal like a fighting game touch of death combo.
>>
>>389684185
he wasn't being ironic, lol
fighting game autists have always been one of the most pathetic playerbases.
>>
>>389676521
It's free roaming. Is Tekken free roaming?
>>
>>389684358
Is this you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0WetHkYVtw

Every time someone shittalks the genre's games or community they are always terrible at the games.
>>
>>389684358
So he's legitimately retarded then? Nah, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>389677780
>Oh and developed by Platinum or FromSoft or something, round eyes can't into melee combat for some reason- just as good can't into FPS.

Might anyone help decipher this sentence for me?
>>
>>389684620
Check the post chain.
Typical retard who wonders why more people don't play his shitty games and witness his skillful combos he spent hours practicing.
>>
>>389684843
Not him, but if you couldn't tell that dude was just fucking around with his arguments and joking around then you might be retarded. No one sane actually believe assfaggots have more depth than any fighting game. The dude was clearly being ironic.
>>
1v1 aren't successful with the participation trophy generation. Quake Champions is dead, Fighting games are dead, For Honor is dead, racing games are dead, RTS are dead, TBS are dead, etc.

If it's mp players need a team to hide behind so they can get carried or shift the blame so they don't have to correct their own bad plays
>>
>>389676521
ded gaem
>>
>>389685202
I don't know if most people feel like this, but I feel like 1v1 gives me far too much adrenaline for what I want while playing an online game daily. 1V1 is good for letting you realize where you stand skill-wise, but 3v3 creates a dynamic where you can involve tactics into your fighting.
>>
>>389685080
>No one sane actually believe assfaggots have more depth than any fighting game.
Some people do
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/68305154
>>
This game is pretty fun, I hope it gets more content (preferably without a price tag)

I'd also really like to see more traditional styles of martial arts added to it. also chains, because I'm a royal guard fanbaby
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.