[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you guys think of GoW after all of this time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Gears_of_war_cover_art.jpg (58KB, 270x370px) Image search: [Google]
Gears_of_war_cover_art.jpg
58KB, 270x370px
So what do you guys think of GoW after all of this time?
>>
if the latest ones on PC didn't require Win10 I would still be playing multiplayer to death, but they do so I don't
>>
Awesome co-op and online

Had lot of fun back in those days

Fun also to exploit maps online and trolling the enemy team
>>
if the latest one wasnt 60 fucking pound not dollas but fucking stirlins for a standard edition id play it. id pirate but only wanted to coop the campain with a mate on his console after not doing online stuff like that since i sold the xbox in 2010

>our friendship is not worth 60 fucking quid. >he can stay former friend for that price
>>
Not so fun man. Regret buying GoW4.
>>
I had a blast with 4 playing with friends. Streamed my MP sessions and was called out by the chat for being a dudebro though.
>>
>>389671676
Same here. That game officially killed Gears of War.
>>
1 is fucking great, especially that mansion level. Surprisingly moody and well-paced for what it is.
Haven't played 2 but the others are eh
>>
>>389671676
>>389672084
What's wrong with it?
>>
I bought gow4 on PC. Multiplayer is fun but not enough people play even with crossplay. There's dumb lootbox shit too. Story mode was so bad though. I couldn't watch one cutscene
>>
Best gow game
>>
>>389670471

Great series. I feel like if you just stamped a Sony logo on it and they were on ps4, everyone here would consider them goat.
>>
>>389672317
Alot of things.
>>
3 > 4 > 1 > 2
>>
I loved it when it came out. Me and dad got a hacked Xbox-360, and it later got the rings of death. GoW was the main reason, I think. It looked amazing (and was the best, before Crysis that was), and at first I was not playing it well at all. When I finally got to the end and managed to defeat Raam, I was ecstatic after so many tries. Years passed, and I still loved it. We've had 3 Xbox-360's, and the last one (I think it's with Jasper motherboard) is still played. But this game aged horribly. I remember showing it off to a friend, and we both were so impressed, yet now it's just a gray mess with somewhat decent effects (and too much bump mapping on fucking everything). The gameplay is rough. I like that it's the hardest Gears, but the Insane difficulty is boring. Fucking bullet sponge enemies who somehow kill you much faster than you can kill them are ridiculous. The cover system can glitch at times, and it's also far from perfect. Weapons feel like shit. I have a lot of nostalgia for the game, but after opening this post I tried it again, and it really is aged. Today I'd rate it as average.
>>
>>389672317
The gameplay is too good and smooth.
>>
>>389673913

Are you afraid of losing /v/ cred for playing xbox or something?
>>
I love the first two games and it's actually pretty funny how many people who don't know any better will dismiss them because the made popular the cover mechanics and regenerating health which then the entire industry copied without understanding why is worked in Gears i.e. Execution making it so duck and cover shooting was unviable without some sort of tactic like lancering someone down as they picked up a power weapon in which still allowed for revival.

Gears 3 onwards however is the casual bastardization of a series that was so common of the time that hits closest to home for me.

They completely disregarded the design philosophy (intentional or not) that made the first two games what they were by first adding weapons that allowed bad players to hang with good players with the Retro Lancer and the Sawn Off.

But most damming of all was the addition of Team Deathmatch which defies the aspect that further seperated Gears from the Halos and CoDs in that the primary mode didn't have respawns if you died, you had to wait until the next round for your mistakes. "But anon, you can still play execution!" Even with Execution still in the game, Team Deathmatch siphoned off a ton, if not most of the players and the ones that were left still had to suffer the change in map design to accomodate for respawning which was another great aspect that made Gears differant from run 'n' gun 360 degree open maps.
>>
>>389671909
thats part of what I love about it, theres 4 main groups that play it, autistic highschool adderal addicts, dudebros who love fucking shit up with gnasher clutches, ghetto ass literal drug dealing niggers, and mexican pride people who wouldn't be annoying if they could afford decent internet, and then weird mixes of those groups
>>389672317
nothing that hasnt been a worse problem in previous games
>>389673868
it was actually the worst. way too easy to get kills which made it popular with shitters but killed the competitive scene
>>
>>389670631
>Fun also to exploit maps online and trolling the enemy team
God Gears 2 and meeting all those cool random people who invited you to fuck with people.
>Play with 2 of my friends and 2 randoms.
>Getting raped on KOTH.
>Random 1: "Brad were losing dude..."
>Random 2: "Alright let me get it ready"
>silence for a minute
>Random 2: "Lagswitch on"
>Game turns into a fuck fest of people literally rolling around missing shots while we casually killed them
>Proceed to come from a shut out to a landslide win and hear the other team in the lobby literally screaming on the mic.
>Did this for months until Brad was arrested/killed/raped Im not sure but he disappeared.
Good times.
>>
>>389679638

>KOTH

Why?
>>
>>389679928
Why KOTH? Idk man. I think it was actually called Annex back then but why not.
>>
Love the first two. 3 is good too, but the story was terrible even by Gears standards, and I thought having at least three AI companions with you at all times (due to the new 4 player co-op) made it much too easy.

Judgement was just ok and I haven't played 4.
>>
horde mode on the second installment was great for couch co op. it's aged gracefully i suppose but it still gets old quickly
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.