[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is one of the best videogame openings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

File: Cairo.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cairo.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
The UNSC, on the brink of losing the war, are throwing an award ceremony after receiving some good news while the Covenant, despite having nearly won, are punishing one of their best for something outside of his control. The juxtaposing of the music, scenery, and tone is absolutely excellent.
>>
>What's with all the cameras?
>Folks need heroes, Chief. Gives 'em hope!
>>
>>389664057
nah.
>>
>>389664057
You're right
>>
how the fuck did johnson survive
>>
>>389664057
I absolutely adore how halo 2 opened

>>389664427
the johnson from halo 1 was the evil twin
>>
>>389664427
Fucked his way out of the flood den.
>>
>>389664427

Sorry Gunns, that's classified.
>>
>>389664240
No, it's
>You told me there wouldn't be any cameras
>And you told me you were gonna wear something nice!
>Folks need heros, Chief. To give 'em hope.
>So smile, would ya? While we still got something to smile about!
>>
>>389664427
He threw too many plasma grenades.
I shit you not.
>>
>>389664427
Escaped on a pelican with an ODST, a pilot, and an ONI spook.
>>
>>389664664
Ah, that's right.
>>
>Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!
>>
>>389664703
Fucking flood doesn't even see him. So OP
>>
>>389664427
Same way the Chief made it to earth and the other Spartans survived Reach. Ill sum up "The Flood" and "First Strike" for you

Marines on Halo get evac warning.
Capture Truth and Rec. to use as an escape transport
Commander goes insane and wants to take infested carrier to Earth
2nd in Command destroys ship.
Johnson and Pelican with a few people survive, meet Chief, help him capture another Covi ship.
Fly ship away from Halo to Reach
Discover Halsey and Spartan survivors
Blow up staging area for Covenant invasion of Earth using the Covi capital ship from earlier.
Return on a UNSC Frigate they recovered at Reach
>>
>>389664907
>For a soldier of the United Nations Space Core...
>...There can be no greater heresy!
>>
>>389665052
Shit fuck balls wank fuck, I mean "corps"
>>
How many MAC stations do you think are positioned around the Earth?
>>
>>389665148

Not nearly enough to stop the covenant fleet, as we found out.
>>
>>389664427
>>389665043
The details are what ruined the series.
He survived and that's all there is to it. I don't want a book about how 10 sangheli chiefs circlejerked with Johnson while discussing the finer things of life on their homeworlds or whatever those shitty books have in them.
>>
>>389665148
About 300 apparently
>>
>>389665221
i'm fine with over-explained extended universe books and shit but the moment you slap characters from those books into the games and expect everyone to just be okay with this random fuckface talking to chief in more conversational tones than chief does with his fucking headmate cortana, i'm done. fuck you. thanks for trying, but no thanks.
>>
>>389665052
Ahhhhh, honesty so good.
>>
>>389665195
>2 (two) assault carriers were all it took to overwhelm earth's defenses
hard to believe the war even lasted 30 years
>>
>>389665148
Are the MAC cannons the jobber artillery of the Halo universe? For a powerful weapon they hardly ever managed to do any damage.
>>
>>389665423

Took them more than that to take out Reach, I think. I always thought Halo 3 was a bit of a lost potential, should have showed more of the conflict.
>>
halo 2 truth is my favorite collection of quotes in all of video games

is there anything else I could listen to by the va
>>
erf, havin seen et in yeers
>>
>>389665221
Fall of Reach and First Strike were excellent books first off.

Second, if you dont want to read it, dont fucking read it. The books didnt ruin the series though. Filling in confusing elements like "how did Johnson survive" in no way ruined the series.

>>389665449
The MAC rounds on capital ships need 3 hits roughly to kill a Covi cruiser which isnt all that bad. The Super MAC defense platforms only needed 1.

>>389665423
I think what happened is that the 2 ships rushed past the MAC guns as all the defense platorms seemed to bet set up in sets of 3 and 2 of them were destroyed leaving an opening.
>>
>>389665221
Definitely agree. The problem I have with the books is they remove a lot of the mystery and openness of the universe. I will always be mad that finding the original Halo was because of Cortana putting in coordinates and not a random jump. I love the idea that the turning point of the war was not because of some excellent strategy but because by pure chance the UNSC had the right man in the right place.

I also disliked how Forerunners were slowly elaborated on and 3 made them separate from humans.
>>
>If the came to hear me beg, they'll be disappointed.
>>
>>389665719
it really makes all the difference
>>
>>389665746
They* dammit
>>
>>389665706
I don't read them.

But that garbage seeps into the fucking games. They did ruin the series because 343 only knows how to design stories off the books, and the books were shit.
Filling in elements is how we went from mysterious interesting forerunners to autistic prometheuiens that are written like a high school drama script.
The only reason the books exist is so microshit can say
>"LOOK!! PEOPLE LOVE OURS SERIES AND OUR WORLDS!!! THEY BUY BOOKS!! LOOK INVESTORS! THEY BUY BOOKS!!!"

Halo is about Master Chief (Or whatever player character) kicking ass, and doing some epic shit. And experiencing battles and situations unseen by anyone else.
Not "lol alien politics lol sci fi drama in space lol"
>>
>>389665719
>separate from humans
Ironically, I was pissed at how human they ended up being. A low, base, petty race without any semblance of the qualities one imagines in a selfless, galaxy-spanning curator species.
>>
>>389665706

>create defence system
>your enemy just rushes past it

bravo UNSC
>>
>>389666140
the sci fi drama in space is part of the draw but yeah keep it simple

i loved the prophets. really hate the way they took the series, 1-3 was GOAT some good memories from back in the day

halo 3 was the pinnacle of fps
>>
>>389666207
Well it killed the other ships. But I do agree, when that happened in Halo 2 I was like "wait, what the fuck is the point of the defense if you cant stop 13 ships."

That was the first sign in my eyes that Halo 2 was in trouble campaign wise
>>
>>389666207
it's kinda hard for your stations to defend things when the enemy keeps popping them from the inside
>>
>>389665543
He's Death in Darksiders 2 and pretty much the only reason to play it
>>
>>389666140
>Halo is about Master Chief (Or whatever player character) kicking ass, and doing some epic shit. And experiencing battles and situations unseen by anyone else.
>Not "lol alien politics lol sci fi drama in space lol"
This, it took until Halo 5's massive backlash for them to get this. Starting with Halo 6 Master Chief will be the main character of the games going forward along with 343 now telling a self-contained story that no longer uses the books as leverage. This is the way it's supposed to be. With Nintendo, Metroid Prime is the spinoff series and Tanabe said that the Prime series will eventually go beyond Samus. Why is Nintendo smart enough to realize that fans want Samus in the mainline Classic Metroid games but Microsoft/343 are so stupid to try to replace him instead of making their stupid character in a spinoff game?

I fucking hate using the damn phone.
>>
File: anger.jpg (61KB, 524x336px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
61KB, 524x336px
>>389666754
>>389666869
>>389666956
>>389667049
Phone posters fucking leave
>>
>>389667160
I'm not at home right now so that's an impossibility. The fact that I had to repost four times was terrible. Just act like those other three posts never happened. >>389667160
>>
>>389667338
FUCK THIS PHONE!
>>
>>389665719
>I will always be mad that finding the original Halo was because of Cortana putting in coordinates and not a random jump
i wish i didn't know this now
>>
>>389666140
Shut the fuck up you brain dead retarded ass ignorant faggot
>>
>>389667049
Problem is the voice actor for chief is getting old... like really old. I'd be surprised if he goes beyond Halo 6. The character needs to be retired anyways.
343 has proven that they have no idea how to continue him as a character or in the story, after the abomination that was Halo 4 ruined him.
I don't believe you when they say they won't lean on the books for everything. They're going to try to tell another shitty boring book story and Halo 6 is going to fail catastrophically. I hope its failure leads to the death of the franchise.
>>
>>389667508
I just for the most part ignore the books. The only thing I take from them are Master Chief's superhuman abilities, that's it.
>>
>>389667579
Master Chief is the main character of Halo and the series and Xbox face. When Steve Downes no longer voices Chief then just get a new voice actor. If they really want to focus on other characters throughout the universe, then make a spinoff and stop shoving them into the main series.
>>
>>389667562
I'd smash your fucking head in you stupid fucking nigger. Go back to your Horizon Zero Dawn threads.

Oh wait there are none
>>
>>389667049
>>389666140
The books themselves aren't a problem and the fact that you haven't read them doesn't serve your argument. The books fleshed out interesting aspects of the story like how the shields for Mjolnir armor was based off covenant technology iirc. The good ones by Nylund followed the Chief or side characters in entirely different settings. They would flesh out things like how the war between the covenant started and are entirely optional.

That was always the strength of the books, they didn't "ruin the mystery" of the story, they expanded on things that the game simply didn't have time or didn't want to bother explaining, but could or in some cases were common knowledge within the game's universe. The argument against them that 343i followed the books too closely for H4 and H5 is entirely unfounded considering the Nylund books aren't even remotely related.

I myself haven't read the newer books or comic things they put out because they were related to 343i, so I can't speak as to whether they do what you're complaining about, but based on 343is track record in going to assert that they were involved with the creation of lore through other mediums in an attempt to flesh out characters in ways that were unnecessary, as a result of not understanding the core strengths of the Halo franchise both as a game and extended universe. This is supported by multiple interviews as well as their game design approach of ripping gameplay straight from CoD (eSports focus, ADS, sprinting and power ranger moves.) Using this collection of sources, (https://youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88) its easy to see they have no idea what they're doing, and are desperately trying to walk I'm Bungie's shadow while tying to appeal to the mass market in order to not be seen as the failures they are.

Feel free to disagree though, I genuinely want to hear other opinions on this as I loved the series unconditionally until Halo 4, and I want to see where I might've overlooked something.
>>
>>389669093
Also I realize I contradicted myself by saying 343i didn't follow the books too closely as a cause behind the failures that are H4 and H5. What I meant by that is that the Nylund books weren't followed too closely, by 343i or at all really, so as a whole the statement is incorrect in my opinion, but that the issue of them doing the same thing with books and comics that they participated in making seems fairly likely, and in that sense I agree that them following their shitty version of the extended universe is part of what cause H4 and H5 to be so fucking bad in terms of story.
>>
>>389665423
To be fair, the vast majority of those 30 years were just playing keep away with the Covenant. Until the time of the games, they had humanity outgunned pretty much the whole time, and simply keeping human worlds hidden from them was the best (and sometimes only) defense.

Though considering Earth happened to be where the "PRESS BUTTON TO WIN" switch for the Covenant was AND being the craddle of mankind itself, it's a miracle it took them so long to head there. I mean, they literally stumbled on humanity's homeworld, they had no idea we were already here.

Also am I the only one who liked the Forerunner books? The fact that they literally,
LITERALLY kicked our ass back to the stone age was a nice twist.
>>
File: 777777777.png (23KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
777777777.png
23KB, 500x625px
>>389665719
>I will always be mad that finding the original Halo was because of Cortana putting in coordinates and not a random jump.
>>389667508

Cortana putting in co-ordinates is one of the most important events in the Halo series, not because it gets them to Alpha Halo but because of where she got those co-ordinates from or rather WHO

It eventually leads to you encounter the main character of Halo 1, 2 and 3, on the fifth level of the first game.
>>
>>389669093
>The books fleshed out interesting aspects of the story like how the shields for Mjolnir armor was based off covenant technology iirc.
>Halo uniquely interesting because of mystery of world
>Over elaborate on every small detail so that there is no mystery
It doesn't take a genius to figure this out. I've read many excerpts and read much about the lore that the books laid the foundation of, and it's fucking bad news. Fall of Reach was alright, but after that it all started going downhill.

You knows what's even worse? When the books try to explain gameplay upgrades between games.
>Why does Master Chief go into cryo in the ending of Halo 3, and wake up with new different armour?
>WELL THE NANOBITES IN THE CRYO TUBE WHICH ARE GENETICALLY MECHICULAR DESIGNED UPGRADEDED HIS ARMOUR TO THE LATEST SPEC
Like fuck off. This has made an awful impact on Halo and its story.
>>
File: file.png (190KB, 492x307px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
190KB, 492x307px
>>389664057
>The UNSC, on the brink of losing the war, are throwing an award ceremony after receiving some good news
It reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVokN6nXMF8
>>
>>389664057
Nah, blown the fuck out by Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHy0JVNCwsM
>>
http://halome.nu
Thread theme(s)
>>
>>389669795
Like I said, I don't think the Nylund books are guilty of explaining anything mysterious. Things like how MAC cannons functioned or the shielding technology used in Spartan armor would be common knowledge in that universe to an extent, and I don't recall the books fleshing out things that were genuinely a mystery like the Forerunners anymore than the games did. If you feel that's the case that's totally fine and we're gonna have to agree to disagree, but one more thing I'd like to mention is your example of the between game upgrades isn't really relevant. That not only had nothing to do with the books, but is also a 343i game which we both know has shit writing completely regardless and separate from any other piece off extended universe lore
>>
>>389670381
>>389669795
Shit I misread what you said, if that's true that the 343i books made up nanomachine bullshit to explain the armor differences for 4 then that's fucking absurd, but Id argue it also supports my arguments that nothing was particularly wrong with Nylund's titles and the games themselves.
>>
>>389670184
The Virgin Spartan, The Chad Space Marine
>>
>>389670184
Brainlet taste
>>
>>389670514
Not him but 343 was so stupid, even Bungie knew that forcing fans to play a spin off or read the extended sources was retarded because the entire fanbase wasn't going to even waste their time with it. It took 343 until Halo 5 to understand this and now they realize their mistakes. How can anyone be that retarded?
>>
>>389671508
I honestly have no fucking clue. I'm in no way exaggerating when I tell people that 343i's Halo titles have completely destroyed any kind of hope I had for the series and most closely resemble a corpse puppeted on stage as a desperate attempt to recapture the charm of the original games.
>>
>>389671798
Bonnie's Dice Summit presentation gave me some hope that they finally get it. Bonnie stated that Master Chief is the hero and that the players inhabit the universe as the Chief and explore, along with her team tell too much stories in their games and aren't doing that anymore. Grim clarified that by stating that the books and comics are going back to the Bungie way and the games are as well in terms of story. She also stated that Halo is about shooting aliens in the face. It's like a complete 180 over their thought patterns from 2011-2015.
>>
>>389673052
Yeah and 343 also said they understood why we hated Halo 4's disgusting multiplayer.

They didn't. Because Bonnie is a spokesperson, that is what she is best at.
She knows how to manipulate what she hears into words the players want to hear, she has no idea how to turn that into a tangible good product.
>>
File: 66548.gif (111KB, 1027x731px) Image search: [Google]
66548.gif
111KB, 1027x731px
>>389664057
Lmao no.

THIS is a real mature game opening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsQ_Z3hjVzY
>>
>>389674134
But Halo 5's multiplayer is significantly better than both Halo Reach and 4's multiplayer, so she really wasn't lying.
>>
>>389664427
It's classified.
>>
>>389674409
Reach understands why Halo is fun far more than Halo 4 and 5.
Halo 5 went way too heavy into "muh competitive halo" to understand why the game was fun in the first place.
And that's coming from an amateur-competitive Halo player.

But you're right about it being better than Halo 4 at least. What an abomination of a video game.
>>
>>389675285
>Reach understands why Halo is fun far more than Halo 4 and 5.
Reach was pure shit, maybe if you stop sucking Bungie cock you would know that. everything Reach does even from a campaign standpoint is an insult to the Halo name. My point still stands Halo 5 multiplayer is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reach multiplayer and that's not going to change anytime soon.
>>
>>389676420
>maybe if you stop sucking Bungie cock you would know that. everything Reach does even from a campaign standpoint is an insult to the Halo name.
>You think Reach wasn't as bad as Halo 4 and 5 you MUST be a complete bungie fanboy!!!

I don't fucking care if Halo Reach was made by hello games and sean fucking murray. It was far more "Halo" than Halo 4 and 5 are.
Fucking Halo 5 fags need to get over this fact. The multiplayer had tons of bullshit, but the maps, the sandbox, the campaign, the matchmaking, the ranking system, the unlocks, the community, all leagues better than anything Halo 5 has to offer.
>Liked BTB? Here's warzone! It's our replacement!
>Loved grinding fucking decades for those sweet fucking unlocks? Go fuck yourself! Hit the slots if you want that armour! Hahaha!
>Campaign? Let me fuck your shit up senpai

These are facts. Halo 5 is the second worst mainstream Halo game. The only people who disagree with this are 343 seighelli fanfiction furfags
If you don't like these facts go sprint slide and clamber into 343s gaping asshole.
>>
>>389676420
Reach may not have had the best multiplayer but it did have a great forge, invasion, and a decent firefight.

The campaign has some issues but was excellent in terms of set pieces, scale, and mood.
>That scene where you fly through New Alexandria on the Falcon. You can shoot at Covenant to help out Marines losing fights across the city but in the end there is no real point. All you're doing is delaying the inevitable.
>>
>>389677062
>with this are 343 seighelli fanfiction furfags
Don't group us with 343 """fans """.
>>
>>389677062
Halo Reach is arguably the least Halo out of the series.
>no bleedthrough
>film grain, again
>motion blur
>slow base movement
>low jump height
>broken melee system
>fucked health system
>desaturated color palette
>bloom
>armor abilities
>loadouts

Yeah, it really plays like a Halo game. Piece of shit doesn't even have Halo in the title screen. I don't want to hear what else you have to say because it will just be a mindless defense for a shit Halo game. Your opinion is worthless if you would have compared Halo 1-3 I would have taken your opinion into value, but you bring up Reach, REACH, kill yourself.
>>
>>389677515
>a great forge
Halo 5 does it better
>a decent firefight
ODST did it better
>>
>>389664427
That's classified!
>>
>>389678249
Fucking kill yourself and anyone who carries your genes, and while you're at it your parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. All of them deserve death if they carry your autistic taste in games. You're the reason this franchise has gone to shit.
There is no point arguing with someone who disagrees with facts.

Halo 5 doesn't even compare to the original trilogy, there is no point in bringing them up in this conversation. They are far above anything we're talking about.
You didn't fall for the "Halo 5 is just like Halo 2!!!!" meme did you?
>>
>They're in direct standard formation. Little bastards up front, big ones in back.
>>
>>389665449
Weren't they designed before First Contact? So they were probably sufficient for human ships but had never encountered shields like the Covies
>>
>>389664907
>Hairy Dick! Hairy Dick! Hairy Dick!
>>
File: 1499180937895.png (374KB, 540x468px) Image search: [Google]
1499180937895.png
374KB, 540x468px
>>389678629
>>389678249
Both of you are souring this fine thread. Calm down.
>>
>>389678629
I don't even consider Halo 5 at Halo 3's level in terms of Multiplayer but the fact that you're sucking the dick of a non-canon piece of shit prequel makes your opinions worthless. I hope a hurricane kills you, your worthless family, and I hope your children die before they are born and ends up killing you ugly ass whore wife. Fucking Reach nigger.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.