[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss the Sonic Adventure trilogy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: AdventureTrilogy.png (362KB, 609x223px) Image search: [Google]
AdventureTrilogy.png
362KB, 609x223px
Let's discuss the Sonic Adventure trilogy.
>>
God is not real
>>
>>389658369
My hat goes out to you, my friend
>>
File: 1503397557649.png (16KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1503397557649.png
16KB, 625x626px
>>389658236
>Trilogy
>06
>>
>>389658236
>Trilogy
>06 and not Heroes

lol
>>
>>389658581
Heroes was technically Adventure 3 at one point in development, but they changed the gameplay and such and made it a new title.

06 is Adventure 3 in everything BUT name.
>>
>>389658236
But that's wrong anon, the last one is the remake of Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, it wouldn't be called Sonic the Hedgehog otherwise. Thus it also proves that Sonic was never good.
>>
Adventure 1 is a pleasant experience that is more replayable due to how you can cheese it with the spin dash. All the non-sonic paths can be finished easily and quickly too if you really have to do the last story that badly. I don't understand people arguing for Adventure 2 when sonic sections are now corridors, mech sections are bland and way too numerous, and they made treasure hunting bullshit where you have to find emeralds in a certain order.
>>
If I get 6 I will post this
>>
File: Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png (201KB, 256x326px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Coverart.png
201KB, 256x326px
This game is worse than Sonic 06.
>>
>>389658236
It triggers me when people say 06 was Adventure 3. It was a HOMAGE to the Adventure series for its 15th anniversary but it was by no means Adventure 3. I'd like to think they actually put effort into making every area and boss fight in the game brand new instead of next-gen Emerald Coast, next-gen Ice Cap zone and the exact same final boss (not true final boss, the final boss for Sonic's story) as Adventure 1 for Sonic's story.
>>
>>389659259
Forgot to say as well, a really shitty homage at that.
>>
>>389659063
Fuck off Shadow was actually the only good game after SA2

>>389659259
Aaron confirmed it was SA3 in a stream, i'm mad about it too anon...
>>
After replaying 06 on Xenia recently, what really bothers me is the lack of actual level content, that isn't padded by stupid shit like mach speed, or carrying elise. Also the controls feel super rigid and slow all of the time.

I didn't experience any game-breaking bugs, even on an emulator, so that isn't its biggest fault.

I'd boil it down to trying a new engine and not having enough time to finetune the gameplay, so they just loaded it up with bullshit gimmicks instead.
>>
File: Reg3_zps6adqdnk1.png (296KB, 395x423px) Image search: [Google]
Reg3_zps6adqdnk1.png
296KB, 395x423px
>>389659807
>replaying 06 on Xenia
>>
>>389660056
It has a specialized build that doesn't run bad at all. Look it up on youtube.
>>
>>389658830
Yeah but because it isn't named SA3 people will still refuse to believe that it has anything to do with the old SA titles, even though the similarities are plenty.
>>
Heroes can't be called SA3 because the gameplay is drastically different. But storywise it is SA3. Shadow being SA4. 06 being SA5.

IF we are talking about story.

However, gameplay wise:
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Heroes
Shadow(Heroes 2)
Sonic 06(Adventure 3?)
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Colors(Unleashed 2)
Sonic Generations(Unleashed 3)
Sonic Lost World(???)
Sonic Forces(Unleashed 4)
>>
>>389658236
ShtH was Adventure 3, it was more of a sequel to SA2 then SA2 was to SA1 that's for sure.
>>
>hahah le 06 is adventure 6 maymay even though it doesn't have anything more in common with both Sa1

>>389659564
>Aaron confirmed it was SA3 in a stream
and Sa2 then Heros and 06 does

source: my ass
>>
>>389659063
>Gunsvania Heroes was worse than Flying blocks and Real 4d hedgehogs
"No"
>>
>>389659063
>Believing the memes
Its not the best game in the world, and its kind of boring, but its not a buggy mess like 06, and I don't die on shitty programming as much as Heroes.

It was a lot better then most people give it credit for, just the game is ask way too much of the player for missions leading to it dragging.
>>
>>389658937
Adventure 2 streamlines Sonic's gameplay... but overdoes it. The game was just as rushed as SA1 and with less budget. The whole game feels like an attempt to cut the fat, and it missed the mark. Still dunno how they managed to make almost-fun Knuckles gameplay into a chore without someone on the team reverting the stupid radar changes.

I still like SA2 Sonic stages, but they definitely are way too linear.
on the other hand, SA2 also doesn't have anything like fucking Lost World or half of Sky Deck
but it also doesn't have any stage as good as Red Mountain

Adventure 1 feels rougher overall, despite probably being the better game.
doesn't help that SA2 (DC or Battle) is drastically less glitchy than SA1 (DC or DX, doesn't matter)

>>389659807
I found 06's stage design to be okayish, more of the usual SA2-style layouts.
the handling is fucking appalling and shit just breaks for whatever reason

>>389659564
Shadow literally has worse and less interesting level design than Sonic '06. It's fucking awful.

>>389660828
what is this trainwreck of a post
>>
>>389660828
Dude I fucking ASKED him on stream, I forget which one, but it was towards the end when he was looking at twitch chat.
>>
>>389661093
>shadow literally has worse and less interesting level design
What fucking planet are you from?
At least Shadow was enjoyable to play for fucks sake.
>>
>>389658236
That is some positively demonic bait, my friend
>>
>>389661110
No one named "Aaron" is qualified to speak on behalf of the intentions of Sonic Team.
>>
>>389661447
I was fucking pissed, but according to webber, its true.

>>389661519
Kek
>>
>>389661559
It literally retconned itself out of existence. What's the point of considering it a part of anything?
>>
How would you lads make an Adventure 3?
Who would be playable?
What type of gameplay?
>>
I traded in my Wii and a bunch of accessories/games back in 2006 for a used Xbox 360 with no HDD and a used copy of Sonic 06. I still don't regret it and still unironically like Sonic 06. If you go in with the mindset that you're playing a beta of Sonic Adventure 3, which you are, it's not that bad.

Not only did Aaron say Sonic 06 was meant to be Adventure 3, but c'mon.

>two towns hubs like Adventure
>giant forest hub like Adventure
>Lost World in Mystic Ruins is to Kingdom Valley in Forest
>second acts of Red Mountain and Flame Core are inside a volcano
>snowboarding section in White Acropolis like snowboarding section in Ice Cap
>Emerald Coast 2.0
>Solaris is Chaos but with fire instead of water
>Light Dash is your first upgrade like in the Adventure series
>Spindash returns after being gone in Heroes and Edgy The Edgehog and even sounds exactly the same
>Tails is playable without his mecha again
>silver metals hidden throughout stages like Emblems in Adventure

I'm sure I could think of more if I actually thought of things rather than listing the obvious.

If they just didn't rush the game, it would have been great.
>>
>>389662185
Sonic 06 is Sonic Adventure 3. Hub worlds, abundance of different characters and gameplay styles, recycled levels, alternate storylines, etc. A "sonic adventure 3" would just be sonic 06 but with less bugs and hopefully a less retarded story no matter how the developers went around making it. The formula for the adventure games isn't good people just aren't blinded by nostalgia to 06 like they are with SA1/2
>>
>>389662642
The main problems were just it being unfinished, Eggman looking like shit, the plot being absolutely nonsensical, and the gross Elise thing.
>>
>>389660772
Unleashed was conceptualized as Adventure 3.
>>
>>389662185
Only Sonic and Metal Sonic
Adventure gameplay (of course)
Add actual physics/inertia to Sonic as he go faster (would solve the Adventure control issue)
Some Boost-like set pieces
Super large open levels you have to explore in order to find new levels
No hub, the actual levels are instead connected to each others, meaning different starting and ending points to either clear them or advance in the game by finding the next level.
>>
File: laughing sonic.png (421KB, 625x680px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sonic.png
421KB, 625x680px
>Adventurecucks still trying to deny that 06 was an Adventure game
>>
>>389663238
Unleashed would have been very good without the completely baffling and unnecessary gimmick of "What if Sonic spent half the game as a rubbery wolf-gorilla with slow movement?"

I can't begin to imagine how or why this shit was shoved into it.
>>
>>389659063
ShTH was actually a good game though, and was much better than both SA2 and Heroes.
>>
>>389663043
I think Eggman looks alright for what the game is going for, which seems to be a more realistic style/setting. Reminds me of the change in art between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. My only complaint with Eggman is sometimes you can see his eyes, and that's a little jarring regardless of the art style. My only gripe with the plot is that it's basically "it was all a dream", but Sonic seems to remember the events of the game anyways. Agreed on the Elise/Sonic love angle. Amy I could see, because she's chased him before and they're the same species, but normal human Elise falling for Sonic and then kissing his corpse was just odd.
>>
>>389658236
Haven't play StH but if it ain't called Sonic Adventure 3 it ain't Sonic Adventure 3
>>
>>389661212
>shadow
>enjoyable to play
at no point is '06 a good game because of how fucking broken it is, even if there actually are good things in it
but holy fucking shit, Shadow's "levels" are a god damn trainwreck with how boring they are
getting to the goal ring isn't interesting because the stages aren't really made with that in mind
killing x enemies isn't fun like ever
finding five mcgubbins isn't fun ever either
and then the game fucking wants you to play through the awful first two or three stages a bunch of fucking times

it's fucking bad

>>389663043
'06 Eggman is great. Weird, but totally fine given the (awful) setting.
>>
>>389658236
The sad part is that you are correct with 06, Heroes and Shadow are spin offs and 06 is more or less Adventure 3 who continues the story after the spin offs and has the same formula than Adventure 1.
>>
>>389663439
I believe werehog was originally meant to be Amy.
>>
>>389663439
werehog plays almost exactly like Virtua Quest, which is probably what they were thinking of
>>
The main problem with Sonic Team's 3D design philosophy is "Instead of consistant gameplay, let's use gimmicks to spice things up", if they simply made every character play exactly the same as their advance counterparts, nobody would have a problem.
>>
>>389658830
>but they changed the gameplay and such and made it a new title.
It's not that radically different. It clearly uses the speed stages from Adventure as a framework.

I wouldn't call it Adventure 3, but i'd put it in the same era, along with Shadow and 06.
>>
>>389659063
No it's not. It's bad but 06 is another level.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.