[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>aliens >they speak perfect english Stop this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1504841353771m.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1504841353771m.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
>aliens
>they speak perfect english

Stop this
>>
>>389658095
They're actually speaking the Covenant language (I'm unsure if they speak San'Shyuum or Sangheili dialect specifically), but it's just converted to English for our convenience. In-universe it's all Covenant language.
I'm unsure if the Arbiter knew English when he was captured alongside the Chief by the Gravemind, but it's likely that between the events of 2 and 3 he and his Elites were taught simple English to communicate.
>>
>>389658373
How was keyes able to overhear the guards talking about halo then?
>>
>>389658494
I'm 99% sure that ONI had anthropologists and biologists scattered around Covenant-invaded worlds to study the Covenant language and behaviour and therefore most high-ranking humans were able to understand Covenant.
It was in one of the Evolutions short stories I believe. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>389658095
You know I never thought about it before because it doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1504565824236.png (644KB, 857x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504565824236.png
644KB, 857x720px
Is there anyway to play Halo 2 on 10?
>>
>>389658095
How the fuck do they speak at all with a mouth like that
>>
>>389658095
>Translator discs
>>
File: Elitemajorstretched.png (542KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Elitemajorstretched.png
542KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 1496540630295.jpg (75KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496540630295.jpg
75KB, 720x720px
>species that grew up on a different planet in a different solar system with different evolutionary rules
>is literally just a recolored human
>genitalia is compatible with ours
>>
>>389659469
I dont think you know what compatible means
>>
I want to fuck a sangheili (male)
>>
>>389659469
Yes we all know mass effect was terrible already
>>
>>389658373
He should probably have some grasp of English, but both the Covenant and the UNSC have relatively accurate translators anyhow, if I recall.
>>
Forgot where I read it but Covenant supposedly had whole units study and learn the English language and were only allowed to speak in English or some shit. It's a pretty retarded point only added for the sake of convenience or whatever.
>>
>>389658095
In those scenes it's translated for our convenience.

It's stated the Covenant translated English prior to attacking Harvest so that they could teach their officers the enemy language. Regular soldier also learned basics so they could attempt to demoralize foes.

The humans learned the Covenant language over the course of the war.
>>
What if humanity joined the covenant?
>>
>>389662662
They couldn't because the prophets realized that they were the real inheritors of the ancient tech they held sacred and thus decided to kill all humans to cover it up and keep up the charade.
>>
>aliens
>they speak near perfect English in a Russian accent
Please keep doing this.
>>
>>389662253
>whole units study and learn the English language and were only allowed to speak in English or some shit
The USA had a similar thing in the Cold War, only with fighter pilots who flew as the Russians in war games
>>
>>389662662
The Great Schism would have happened a lot earlier, as fast as the Prophets realize they weren't the reclaimers all along.
>>
imagine getting a blowjob from a elite haha
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.