[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post games people shit on just to be contrarian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: mahboi.png (7KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
mahboi.png
7KB, 200x160px
Starting with an easy one. I'm not saying that Undertale is perfect or anything, it definitely has valid flaws, but the amount of shitposting it gets just because of its popularity/ because it's "SJW" (i.e. some characters are gay) is baffling.
>>
>>389657383
Ironic when you think about, everybody praises New Vegas and one of the best followers in the game is gay

Also I think Fallout 4 is an ok game
>>
Any game I like

Seriously, I have the bests taste in the world, not liking what I like is a sign of being contrarian for the sake of attention
>>
>>389657383
It's shit on because it's shit.
>>
I shit on Undertale because its a bland game that doesn't do anything new. It never should have received the following that it did.
>>
People don't hate it because it's shit, people hate it because of its asinine cancerous fanbase.

Or at least, that's what I like to think.
>>
>>389657825
Nu-uh! Undertale is the biggest masterpiece ever created by mankind, could you please stop shitposting?, is not fucking funny.
>>
>>389657383
>"you're just being contrarian"
>"it's intended"
>"it's just the fanbase that's bad"
How many excuses will your kind raise before you accept that it's shit.
>>
File: hhhhhhh.jpg (99KB, 970x990px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhh.jpg
99KB, 970x990px
>>389657383
I played this shit for 98 hours then I dropped it and never looked back. I liked it for a while, but then I started looking into the community and it literally made me stop playing it forever.
That said, the game was ok
>>
>>389657383
>Shit art
>Annoying characters
>Annoying references
>Too easy
>Unfunny humour
>Inconsistent plot
Not saying all of the above is objectively true, a lot of it is subjective but there are plenty of legitimate reasons one might dislike Undertale.
>>
>>389658536
>98 hours
>just ok

damn nigur
>>
>>389657383
>Undertale has valid flaws
You're just as much of a fucking contrarian as everyone else.
>>
>>389658443
>Strawmanning
Just what you'd expect.
>>389658892
Of course there are reasons to dislike it, that wasn't my point
>>389659020
What? I'm just acknowledging that it's not a perfect game.
>>
>>389657383
Undertale isnt terrible, but by god, its overrated.
Its one of the most 5/10 games i ever played.
>>
>>389659020
It literally does have valid flaws what the fuck do you mean idiot
>>
>>389657825
honestly, the sans boss fight was some of the most fun I had in games that year. and the ssound design for the game as a whole was great

it shouldve been like a 3 hour game though, not 3 3 hour playthroughs of a game
>>
>>389658972
well I've played skyrim for over 300 hours as well but I don't like it anymore. In my defense mods kept skyrim alive for like 90% of that time
>>
>>389657613
>New Vegas
>best followers in the game
The only good followers in NV are EDE, Lily, Raul and Rex, the human companions are shit, especially what I assume you meant are the "best" in fucking Arcade and Veronica, the two most insufferable shits on the planet.
>>
>>389659223
Ed-E

what a guy, no bullshit just beep boops and tunes
>>
>>389657383
I love Earthbound but Undertale was just okay.
>>
>>389657383
I've never played undertale cause it looks annoying/hipster-y

What does everyone love about it?
>>
File: hollow knightt.png (628KB, 920x430px) Image search: [Google]
hollow knightt.png
628KB, 920x430px
>>
File: Nier Automata.jpg (237KB, 753x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Nier Automata.jpg
237KB, 753x1061px
>>
>>389659438
For me it's because of:
-each enemy has different attack patterns, making random encounters actually fun
-good OST
-imo funny writing, yes, it's memey but I can't help it
-good pacing, feels like just the right length, at least the first time
>>
>>389659325
>can be used as a table
>makes ammo for free
>repairs your weapon for fucking free
>no nosense
Truly best boy.
>>
>>389659581
I liked the design, characters and story but the combat had the depth of a puddle and was just awful, especially when playing 9S. The open world was bland as fuck too.
>>
>>389660004
This is advanced shitposting
>>
The problem with Undertale is that there was a lot of pull on /v/ that it was the best game ever and when people started to play it and calling out flaws, the rabbid part of the fanbase was doing what they always did and deflect criticism with shit, making hundreds of threads full of (awful) RP, posting very mediocre to terrible art from tumblr, and at some points going into other game threads and trying to derail it into an Undertale thread. I remember at one point when undertale received a higher score rating than MGSV and the shitposting trippled. All this caused a lot of resentment to the fanbase and turned people off of the game, or made people judge the game based on little to no knowledge, and even untrue facts.

A bad fanbase cant make a game bad or worse, but it will be perceived as such.
>>
The original FNAF.
>Game comes out
>Threads are all positive and everybody likes the game
>Major youtubers catch wind of the game
>You could see the exact moment the contrarians and shitposters entered the thread on the third day after release. Like a switch being flipped
>FNAF threads are shitposted into oblivion forever more
Granted, the hate got a lot more justified after a certain point, but if threads from that time are still archived somewhere you could probably dig them up and pinpoint the exact moment they went to shit.
>>
JUST
>>
File: 1503598570010.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1503598570010.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>389659660
>good OST
>>
>>389661427
>He doesn't like Undertale's OST
>>
>>389661427
Yup
>>
>>389661427
What're you going to do about it, faggo?
>>
>>389657383
People shitting on Dark Souls in general, you can argue about the quality of each game of the series and which one comes up top, but in general Souls games are good.
>>
>>389661427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHSKHayzojE
>>
>>389662542
A good game series plauged by an insufferable community.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.