[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bored yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 20

File: F83YpiMXCUkeyE6JQ4TXki.jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
F83YpiMXCUkeyE6JQ4TXki.jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
Bored yet?
>>
>>389648869
>PC
I never played the first, and 2 isn't yet release.
>>
I haven't played it and I'm already bored of it
>>
>>389649039
An accurate representation of /v/.
>>
>it's a dumb neets overindulge, rush and skip their way through the game to be the first to tell everyone how bored they are episode
>>
Surprisingly not. Been playing a spare copy my friend got accidentally and it's actually holding my attention. Granted it could be because I didn't sink money into it.
>>
Been playing in moderation, only just got to the third planet. Sidequests have kept me busy
>>
It's the exact same as the first game so my boredom is carying over without skipping a beat. Also the 6 exotics I've seen so far were boring as fuck and all of the vendor armor is ugly as shit so it's not really giving me a good reason to grind.
>>
I was bored when it was called destiny 1
>>
This is literally a less funny Borderlands, with less interesting classes and less interesting weapons.
>>
File: 1500186240123.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500186240123.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>389649131
>overindulge
In what exactly?
The game is just a dull as the first.
It barely qualifies as a sequel.
>>
I don't find Ghost or Cayde annoying, but why does their humour always miss and fall flat? It just seems like weak writing, not hard to make me laugh. Literally no one in this is likable.
>>
I had to stop playing yesterday and I'm out of town until Monday night, so I can't play until then. I've been enjoying the cyclical game so far, the campaign was boring and trashy as expected but luckily it was also much shorter than they sold it as. Zooming around doing public events is fun, as is trying to coordinate with strangers to do the heroic triggers. I wish that Lost Sectors were harder to find, they're all very obvious once you've found the symbol on the wall. I haven't done many strikes yet.

Devour Voidwalker is very powerful.
>>
How do microtransactions work in this game?
>>
>>389648869
Game's not even out yet
>>
>>389649603
MUCH better gameplay though.
And Borderlands' "funny" writing is a black hole of humor
>>
>>389649973
You can buy Bright Engrams which are like loot boxes full of cosmetic items (shaders, ships, emotes, etc.). Some people are suspicious because you can also get weapon and gear mods from these packages, which have actual gameplay effects, but they don't seem to be as good as the mods you get just by playing.
>>
>>389649973
basically if you are mentally handicapped you feel compelled to spend real money on emotes.
>>
>>389649603
>borderlands
Borderlands gunplay is nowhere near this quality
>less funny
Jesus Christ dude
>>
>>389648869
just make it a dancing spin off game already
>>
I really wish people would stop comparing Destiny to Borderlands. The only things relating the two are FPS with drops. Virtually everything else is different.
>>
>>389650340

Classes too, and Destiny's classes are pretty meh, I've never felt so uninterested when levelling up in a game with levelling up.
>>
>>389650601
I enjoy Destiny. Is Borderlands really that great? Surely I would love it right?
>>
>>389649741
You're supposed to play Destiny because you think the shooting and running around is in itself fun. You're doing it wrong if you're rushing for capped item levels. I'm off to play now. Bought some buffs from Cayde and I'm going to cruise around on Io with no clear goal in mind other than having fun.
>>
>>389649108
This, 7/10 threads on /v/ are literally autistic people talking shit about games that don't come out for months
>>
>>389650340
Correct - Borderlands has an actual story and reason to play it, and was sold as a complete game.
>>
File: 1501680418491.gif (745KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
1501680418491.gif
745KB, 382x450px
whats the best Warlock, Hunter or Titan?
>>
>>389650675
likely not. Borderland has a no raids or pvp, which seems to be what Destiny fans want most
>>
>>389650760
>You're doing it wrong if you're rushing for capped item levels

What type of fucking casual are you? I put hundreds of hours into Destiny and the whole fucking point of the game was to get the best loot. The whole premise of the game is based around it
>>
Not having a sparrow is fucking retarded. Who thought this was ok?
>>
>>389650915
warlock. titan is okay and hunter is shit
>>
>>389650760
Yeah cosining this anon. I didn't plan on getting this game but ultimately ended up buying it because I had a lot of fun with the gameplay before. If you like how the game plays, you'll like the strikes, raids, story, PvP, etc. You'll like doing things to get more guns to shoot more stuff with and more armor to protect yourself and get stronger. If you don't like how it plays you won't like the game period. I don't think it's one of those things that you can dive into just because you like grinding.
>>
File: 1366584859797.jpg (86KB, 610x900px) Image search: [Google]
1366584859797.jpg
86KB, 610x900px
>>389649921
>hasn't been out a week
>already max level with exotics and legendaries
You live a sad life anon
>>
>>389649131
do hunters still have a 2 min cooldown for rolling in the floor?
>>
>>389651010

The guys who finished the campaign first with sparrows in 2 hours
>>
A friend gameshared it with me, I've played about 2 hours of the story and I dislike it, didn't lose anything though so it was worth the try I guess
>>
>>389649973
>How do microtransactions work in this game?
They made it so shaders (dye) only work once, rather than being resocketable over and over. So everyone is pissed. The answer is to BUY them with microtransactions, since they are single use now.
>>
File: 1449976944173.jpg (11KB, 297x303px) Image search: [Google]
1449976944173.jpg
11KB, 297x303px
>>389651096
Did this actually happen during a closed beta or something. I'd believe it.
>>
>>389650915
If you want to be the best at pvp, hunter 100% because they have the best jump, which is really important overall to the game.
for pve, literally whatever you want, they all play pretty well.
>>
>>389651157

No idea, but artificially making the campaign longer is the only answer
>>
>>389650760
I love Destiny and would like to play it the way you do, but doing the raid blind with strangers is awesome and it gets harder and harder to find groups willing to do that every day after the raid comes out, so I rush to be raid-ready in time.

>>389651042
>Max level
Max power level is, like, 350. Unless you mean the fact that I'm level 20 in which case you don't understand this game very well.
>>
>>389650912

And more classes, with more skill trees, Psycho Krieg has at least 2 completely different playstyles. Not so sure why people are hyping up the gameplay for Destiny either, what happened to the amazing AI from Halo? This IS Bungie right? Now I just either shoot enemies in the head to one shot everything (or stomach, if it's the Vex)
>>
>>389651295

This
Doesnt feel like a Halo because of the retarded AI
>>
>>389651295
Taken were cool to fight for the first time in Destiny 1.

Other than that yeah the enemies have been terrible.
>>
Does 2 use the insane amount of data that the first game did? Had to stop playing Destiny because the only unlimited ISP in my community shut down
>>
>>389650982
I just like shooting stuff and getting items drops. I enjoy playing through dungeons as well.
>>389651295
>>389651413
>doesn't feel like halo
Good thing it doesn't say Halo on the cover, huh? I'm sure a lot of the Bungie employees today are completely different guys than those who worked on Halo so their mindset just isn't in the same place - for better or worse.
>>
Is there a dab emote or what? Its important
>>
>>389651589

there is
>>
>>389651668
Ok im in
>>
>>389649921
I spent tens of hours in destiny 1, how long will I spend in destiny 2?
>>
>>389649973
At max level you continue to gain exp but intstead of leveling up you get a loot box. These loot boxes include various items including gear shaders, vehicles and shitty-but-nice-looking gear pieces which can be made not-shitty by throwing regular gear into it. The microtransaction part is that you can also buy these with real money, just like Overwatch and the like.

The biggest problem I'm seeing with it is the cosmetic shit which is veering towards KMMO status. At the point in the game I'm at (I hear I'm almost done but idk), all of the gear you get outside of these loot boxes is ugly as shit and/or recolored shit from Destiny 1. If you want to look cool, you have to rely on these soulless loot boxes which you can also buy for money. Some (read: free or cheap af) KMMO models work like this: all in-game gear is ugly as fuck and/or generic and you're going to look like a noob/hobo until you shell out really money. I know the current market likes to play Barbie dress up with meaningless, context-less gear they bought with moms credit card but I'd rather have gear be a more direct display of your accomplishments.
>>
>>389651686

enjoy the ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNxOE_7eYas
>>
>>389651528
Anon if your worried about shit like this you probably shouldnt be playing online only video games, let alone video games.
>>
>>389651729
0 if you don't buy it
>>
If buy it if it were 3rd person. I cant play first person shooters anymore
>>
>>389649603
>Borderlands
>Funny
>>
>>389651729
Probably about the same amount of time, D2 is very similar to D1 but has a lot of refinements, including much-needed QoL changes and new routines post-campaign, but it's still a game about shooting things and repeating activities to get better gear. If it didn't hook you the first time then it won't hook you now.
>>
>>389651840
Fun fact the first game was going to be 3rd person originally, you could do everything in 3rd person in the first game due to a bug.
>>
>>389651840
b-but muh pc mustardrace has mods right?
>>
>>389651787
Don't be retarded, most games barely use 150MB/hr. Destiny used something like 1GB/hr because Bungie is clinically retarded
>>
>>389651413
>>389651443
The enemies will run to take cover, ambush you and shit. I won't say it's like Halo but they aren't completely braindead. They'll knock you off of ledges if they can and sneak up on you too.
>>
>>389649603
Neither BL or this is funny. The humor is so bad.
>>
>>389651840
Have you ever tried The Division?
>>
good goyim, don't forget to buy the season pass that will include only two """expansions""" followed by four other DLC for only $29.99 US dollars each!
>>
>>389651551
>I'm sure a lot of the Bungie employees today are completely different guys than those who worked on Halo so their mindset just isn't in the same place - for better or worse.

And? Worse AI is worse AI, Destiny feels like a glorified shooting gallery, if it's a different group of devs then its a worse group of devs and Destiny is worse than Halo, this is a completely valid criticism.
>>
They really need to buff Titans and Hunters for PvE. I have no idea why you'd want a deployable shield when you can just use a healing rift and just tank shots and shoot things with your arc soul. I don't even know what Hunters bring to the table.
>>
>>389651980
The difference is Borderlands tries to be funny on a regular basis
>>
>>389651940
>tracking down how much gb an online game uses to measure how much you can play for
lmfao this is fucking pathetic dude, like a crack addict putting quarters together to keep up their high.
>b-but most games dont-
yeah this isnt other games retard.
>>
>>389652062
Hold the fuck up, Warlocks are the best again?

Thats hilarious. It just cements the fact that someone high up on the dev team's pet class is Warlock. What a joke.
>>
>>389652003
Why are you trying to argue with me? I'm sorry if it wasn't clear but I'm literally saying that the AI is worse. I think there are some things they do well but others they do worse, AI being one of them. This is probably because there is a different group of people working with the company now. Calm down young buck.
>>
>>389651985
I have not. Any good?
>>
>>389651885

Laughed more times than I have at anything Cayde or Ghost have said so far, which isn't hard because I'd only need to have laughed once. Cayde is tumbleweed incarnate, again, not a shit character but a clearly humourous character that isn't funny in any way. I know /v/ ikes to meme about Borderlands itself being a cesspit of reddit memes, but it's still funnier than Destiny.
>>
>>389651980
>Cayde's written as side character coolguy with little context
>Man Cayde is kindof cool we like this guy
>Cayde gets rewritten as le clumsy goofball who's in the spotlight in almost every cutscene

I don't get it.
>>
>>389652201
It's a good ARPG, in fact it's basically Diablo but as a third-person shooter. If you want a gear-chasing game but it has to be 3rd person then I would give it a try. Physical copies for PC go on sale pretty often and are cheap.
>>
>>389652302
Why can't they make Diablo but a shooter in a fantasy setting? I don't want to play a military game.
>>
>>389652194

It was the way you said 'Good thing it doesn't say Halo on the cover', as if a FPS made by Bungie doesn't bring with it a certain amount of expectations, expectations Destiny has fallen far short of so far, it's like any game Platinum make not having great combat (which is true), it's just really weird when people say the gameplay is so good (or better than Borderlands) when it's just a shooting gallery against like 4 different factions that have nowhere near the depth of the Covenant or horror of the Flood.
>>
>>389652092
>illegal narcotics comparison

Amerijunkies everyone, can't go two seconds without thinking about them drugs
>>
>>389651840
>man i wish this loot driven multiplayer shooter was first person
good news friend the Division and Warframe are both things that exist

neither of them (or destiny) are particularly good but you may enjoy them
>>
>>389652147
>best class for pve
its not like thats even a big deal your co operating.
Hunters are EASILY the best class for pvp by far. Their jump alone makes jumpshotting sooo much easier and makes other classes just shit in the long run once you know the tricks.
>>
>>389652442
I'd rather watch paint dry than play warframe. I will never understand what people see in that game. I'm convinced you actually need to be autistic to enjoy it.
>>
>>389652384
Do you hate sci fi as well? Because Warframe is grindy sci-fi shooter the game.
>>
>>389648869
>expansion sold as a sequel

if you played the first game and put up with all their shit and have comeback for more, you need to kill yourself to be honest
>>
File: cocksucker.jpg (113KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
cocksucker.jpg
113KB, 500x625px
>>389650837
>>389649108
You can judge a movie that isn't out yet after watching enough movies. You can judge a game that isn't out yet after playing enough games. Don't be a pleb, /v/.
>>
>>389652438
Oh, I really did mean that. It's not a Halo game, simple as that. It seems like it sets out to satisfy the player in a way different than the Halo series did. Does this mean it's a good change? No, of course not. This isn't new information though, we've seen how the first Destiny was now. They already lowered the bar.

To be fair I don't even think the AI is as abysmal as you're making it out to be. They still move strategically in some ways. I think it's just that a lot of the early enemies are pushovers.
>>
>>389652538
it's pretty comfy. mow down baddies and get shinies
>>
>>389652863
comfy =/= mindless and boring i guess.
>>
>>389650915
Voidwalker, Strider, Bubblebro. All new classes can suck a huge one.
>>
File: IMG_0738.jpg (96KB, 796x556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0738.jpg
96KB, 796x556px
>>389652723
>You can judge a movie that isn't out yet after watching enough movies.
>>
>>389649921
Does it have more content then D1 ?
>>
>>389652760
>It seems like it sets out to satisfy the player in a way different than the Halo series did.

Well anyone could have made Destiny's style of gameplay, only Bungie could have made a game like Halo.
>>
>>389652952
>mindless
yhea
>boring
for (you)
>>
>>389653235
Less.
>>
So can you port over your d1 character?
>>
>>389649138
>spare copy
>friend
>accidentally
>didn't sink money into it
yeah sure lol
>>
>>389653247
>only Bungie could have made a game like Halo
Yeah, unfortunately good things come to an end. They had a nice run though.
>anyone could make a game like Destiny
I still respect Destiny for what it is. The game has great art, graphics, and gunplay. They're able to make the worlds feel believable through their atmosphere if nothing else. I definitely believe it's on a level that other developers could not achieve without a considerable amount of talent.
>>
>>389653235
Or rather: "more content than vanilla D1", is what you should ask.
By the time Rise of Tapirs came out it had quite a bit of game to it, if you'd been on the season pass or bought the comets individually.
>>
Played a bit during that open beta period and wasn't impressed. Just felt like more console trash.
>>
>>389653513
Does it have more content than Vanilla Destiny?
>>
>>389653204
Nah, mate. Come on. Just a matter of wits, seeing the pattern and comparing stuff.
>>
>>389653513
>>389653632
Nope. Maybe about the same, but actually I'm quite certain it's less.
>>
>>389651148
Bitch please, the game fucking shits shaders down your throat. If you pay money for them you're fucking retarded.
>>
Soo... Is there like an area where you can fuck around with other players. Like in an actual mmo? Or is it just missions like warframe
>>
>>389653778
That's awful. I shouldn't have bought this game. I figured it'd at least be like Taken King.
>>
>>389653923
There are somewhat middle-sized open areas with up to 30 people on them. You can shoot stuff mindlessly, look for crafting materials and do public events that are basically random encounters. Devs also buffed the frequency of those random encounter a lot. They no longer feel valuable.
>>
>>389653923
It's not an MMO. Only retarded shills who have never played an MMO call it that. It's just a co-op shooter that ocassionally might instance a few random players into the world for you if an event is happening and you're playing alone.
>>
whens marathon 3
>>
>>389653235
It has more to do than D1 had when it launched, for sure. The revamp to public events, plus the addition of things like Lost Sectors and Adventures make the vanilla D2 cyclical game more interesting than the vanilla D1 cyclical game was. It has less content than D1 with all of its expansions, of course.
>>
>>389653923
It has social areas and patrols but everything's instanced. Like you can go patrol earth but only ~20 people are going to be there, and it's essentially just a big halo map. The social areas are fairly bare-bones areas you load into to buy gear and start quests. You can talk with people but on console it's voice only and you have to invite them to a part, PC has text chat. As far as fucking around goes there's little to nothing to do but kill enemies and jump on boxes.
>>
>>389654257
Anon, devs call it MMOFPS. They feature it as one. With massive battles and stuff. But it's not, it's a singleplayer coop with instance-based world with not enough interconnected content for a singleplayer game and sure not enough content for an mmo/diabloid.
>>
>>389654257
Only Bungie sympathizers say it isn't an MMO because it seems less of a failure if you compare to Halo than other games in its actual genre.
>>
>>389654336
This is a blatant lie. The planets are smaller. There are fewer patrols and the entire game is pushing you constantly toward the crucible instead of anything else because of the severe lack of PVE content. Fewer multiplayer maps and crucible, which was never good at all, is somehow even shittier and less balanced. Same amount of strikes as launch D1, but they're shorter and easier. Shorter campaign and you can't replay missions. Only one raid being added next week. It has nothing.
>>
>>389654642

You can't replay the campaign? Whose idea was THAT?
>>
File: 1487731433981.png (30KB, 286x321px) Image search: [Google]
1487731433981.png
30KB, 286x321px
>>389648869
>Titan and allies are now able to shoot through your barrier and bubble

Would this save the Titan class?
>>
>>389654642
Things to do post-campaign in vanilla D1's first week:
>Crucible
>Strike playlist
>Bounties
>Nightfall
>Daily Heroic Mission
>One Public Event per character per day

Things to do post-campaign in vanilla D2's first week:
>Crucible
>Strike playlist
>Challenges
>Nightfall
>Meditations (replaces Daily Heroic)
>Lost Sectors
>Adventures
>Exotic Quests
>As many public events as you want, you always get rewards
>Treasure maps
>Planetary rep
>Flashpoints

Just off the top of my head. Like I said, there's much more to do in D2 than there was in D1 when it launched.
>>
>>389654336
>>389654642
I don't know who to believe. Feels like everyone talking about this game on /v/ is a fucking liar.
>>
File: 1502418438563.jpg (24KB, 541x540px) Image search: [Google]
1502418438563.jpg
24KB, 541x540px
>>389654642
This is a blatant lie.

planets are the same size/bigger, unless you count the narrow "hallways" that connected each area of the map from the first game

there are the same, if not more patrols

>severe lack of pve content
is this bait

who gives a shit about pvp

strikes have barely changed at all from the first game they aren't "shorter and easier"

campaign is 8-10 hours
you can replay story missions through ikora
>>
>>389648869
>tfw you got the Mida tool bug that prevents you from finishing the quest to get it

FUCK YOU BUNGIE!! I'm speedrunning another character so I can attempt it again and give it to my main this is bullshit
>>
>>389654991
>>389655168
These are shills. They are lying.
>>
>>389654991
Keep on lying you dumb shill
>>
>>389653403
Hey faggots answer me
>>
>>389655168
>severe lack of content
>this is bait
>contests everything by saying it's the same size or bigger than the first game

The first game had a severe lack of content as well m8.
>>
>>389655629
>>389655637
Don't you have anything else better to do?
>>389655649
Yeah
>>
>>389655637
What specifically do you think I'm lying about. Look at the lists I posted, tell me which specific items you think don't belong and I'll be happy to correct you.

>>389653403
Yeah, a month or so ago your characters from D1 were automatically migrated. Note that it's your character's appearance only, as well as any D2 emblems you might have earned for doing certain things in D1.
>>
>>389655168
>>389654991
Hey, Jeff from marketing dept, it's Michael from accounting. Visit me this evening, you get a bonus from boss!
>>
>be Bungie
>take patrols out
>bring them back but make it so you have to traverse longer stretches of land inbetween your collecting of random items you kill from enemies as the planet's narrator tells you shit you don't care about
>call this adventures
>>
It's not out yet on PC. So no.
>>
>>389656008
There are patrols, you unlock them through a quest from Cayde that becomes available near the end of the campaign.
>>
>>389650242
>The game has such amzing gameplay
>Nothing to shoot but dumb AI

Great game
>>
>>389655972
>post lies
>get corrected by people who have played the game
>call them shills

This is delusion the likes of which I rarely see here, what the fuck is it with this board and denying everything positive about this game in particular
>>
>>389651042

>1 exotic
>light level 254
>max

I would say you tried but it's obvious you didn't
>>
>>389655629
>>389655637
>>389655948
AHAHAHAHAHHAHA what the fuck AHAHAHHHAHAHAH
>>
File: 1504527179745.png (418KB, 519x843px) Image search: [Google]
1504527179745.png
418KB, 519x843px
Why would I play that garbage when I literally can Knack 2 for free?
>>
>>389656163
How good is Borderlands AI?
>>
>>389648869
Well I'm playing infamous second son and it's been pretty great Desu. >>389648980
>>389648980
>>
>>389650915
Hunters make the cutest twinks
>>
I've been looking at some streams here and there and i'm not really seeing the improvements, probably won't be picking it up for pc when it comes out.
The dome shit you have to get in to destroy seems really fucking annoying and not fun to deal with.
>>
File: 1490752743462.png (121KB, 359x258px) Image search: [Google]
1490752743462.png
121KB, 359x258px
>Just came out
>DLC info already out
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-08-destiny-2-curse-of-osiris-dlc-details-leaked-by-xbox-store
>>
>>389656567
>playing knack 2
Because you obviously don't care about how you spend your time, so why should you care about how you spend your money?
>>
File: 1468094455227.png (29KB, 238x220px) Image search: [Google]
1468094455227.png
29KB, 238x220px
>>389656917
>tfw us PC players will have a short time til next DLC comes so we are forced to buy it or the season pass
This was their plan wasn't it, the only reason for delaying?
"Ok i have done everything now, time to grind. Oh shit a new DLC coming soon, better buy it"
>>
File: IMG_1795.jpg (141KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1795.jpg
141KB, 400x400px
>>389656917
>curse of osiris
>it's american blacks claiming to be egyptians
>>
>>389656567
How?
>>
>>389656917
It's almost like Evolve where they're shilling our preorders and dlc, before the actual game was out.

It's not that extreme here but holy shit I'm glad Luke smith is such a rat he can tell us up front they've purposefully withheld content again to force people into buying DLC
>>
Nope. Haven't played another game since it dropped. Literally everything I wanted it to be.
>>
>>389657194
At the risk of sounding like a shill I'm with this anon

The shaders are my only complaint, but that's not a bad prime issue

I also play with five friends so that helps a lot, we're having a blast
>>
>>389654120
>>389653632
It definitely has more content than vanilla D1 though. The lost sectors and adventures in addition to heroic variants of public events are all things that didn't even have equivalents in vanilla D1. Is it still short? Absolutely, it's content dry compared to everything out there, but there's still more than vanilla D1 easily.
>>
>“It really is as simple as ‘we want to get it right,’” said Bungie’s David Shaw. “That’s the reason there was no PC version of Destiny 1 is because we didn’t feel we could do it in a way that could honor the PC gamer [and] would really nail it. With Destiny 2, we had the team, we had the talent, we found great partners in [Vicarious Visions]. One more extension of being able to do it right is that we needed that extra bit of time.”

>The Windows PC version of Destiny 2 is being developed with full keyboard and mouse support, with custom key mapping; adjustable field of view settings; 21:9 monitor support; and resolution up to 3840x2160. Its frame rate will be uncapped.

>pushed back for 2 months because they had to add more sliders
>>
>>389657578
I think the PC port is the only good thing about Destiny 2. It runs like a dream even on older hardware.
>>
>>389657578
the game is fucking ready, this is all bullshit
its pushed back because sony payed them too
>>
>>389657710
Paid, but yeah. I'm getting really fucking tired of Sony's shit. Microsoft use to be this bad but it seems like they've mellowed out a ton after the Xbox 360 shit.
>>
File: IMG_7270.png (477KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7270.png
477KB, 1136x640px
How does this rat fuck still have a job after being such a fuck up EVEN BACK when destiny first came out.
>>
>>389657802
Anon you do not have to know how to do anything to get a job in an industry.
You don't need connections, you don't need ANY skills, nothing. All you have to do is lie and nod your head, plant a job in managing some shitty project, then leave and use the experience to get a job at some other moron company before the previous one finds out you do literally no work whatsoever at all.
>>
>>389648869
Too early to tell if I'm gonna get bored. If they welfare out max level gear to everyone like they did in the last Destiny 1 expansion then I'll probably drop this game fast. Hard mode raids and flawless trials should be the only way to get top level gear.
>>
>no offline
Fucking dropped.
>>
File: destiny_2_ghaul_1920.0.jpg (98KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
destiny_2_ghaul_1920.0.jpg
98KB, 1200x800px
I only liked the first Destiny because it was Borderlands without the obnoxious tryhard gearbox dialogue.

The Cabal have the worst most uninspired uncreative enemy design I've ever seen in any video game.
>fat winged-hussar orcs in stupid looking armor
>some thin ones sometimes too
>orc dogs

The Fallen and Hive were the only good enemy designs in the series. Vex are just shittier battle-droids.
>>
>>389648869
>shaders are now one time consumables that you can buy with real money

no I kept my shekels away from this shit game
>>
>>389658648
>Vex are just shittier battle-droids.

Shit taste. Vex have the coolest levels and the 2nd coolest lore
>>
>>389654991
This list is more than generous. Everything on there is disappointing at best, even if you didn't read the promo shit about them prior.
>>
>>389658648
>I only liked the first Destiny because it was Borderlands without the obnoxious tryhard gearbox dialogue.
Im glad that they fixed that for Destiny 2
>>
>>389650242
>quality gunplay
>console game
>>
>>389656163
I haven't played anything except the PC beta, but I'm assuming increasing the difficulty just increases the damage they do and their health?
>>
>>389656656

Not amazing either, so it's even, but Borderlands has vastly more interesting and varied classes/weapons to choose from.
>>
>>389658901
I said absolutely nothing about levels or lore.
They're shit to look at and shit to fight.
>>
>>389659136
even worse, it does that and on top of it they get an elemental shield that only breaks when hit with the correct element
now go buy some of those element changing micro transaction goy
>>
>>389656656
Borderlands has shit AI but they mixed it up by having different enemies having vastly different combat.
From what I've seen of this it's just stand and shoot.
>>
Beta 2 bored me faster than Beta 1. At least the first had speeder bikes that could do jumps, that provided probably 11 seconds of fun. 2 had 0 seconds of fun.
>>
I keep hearing this described as "warframe but slow". How true is that opinion?
>>
>>389653715
Which you can't do, because you have nothing to compare, because you haven't seen the movie or played the game. Therefore you have no idea what patterns or cliches may or may not exist.

Not that you're smart enough to figure that out.
>>
>>389653204
name five original stories hollywood has come out with this year
>>
I work at Activision (promos) and they sell all of our games to us for $15. Unfortunately we haven't gotten our copies yet and we don't know when we will :/
>>
Good gameplay but the writing is atrocious. Wish they would skip any pretense of a story because its so cringy
>>
>>389659629
Warframe is better, it's free, has 100x more customization and weapons and weapon variety and warframe variety.

But go ahead and buy destiny for $60 and then $40 for the first DLC and then $40 for the next DLC and then $40 for the DLC after that and then
>>
>>389659629
It's the bad parts of Warframe mixed with the good parts of Borderlands

Enemies are only difficult because:
A) There's a lot of them
B) They have a lot of health
C) They do a ton of damage
or
C) Combinations of the above

There's no interesting enemies that swoop down on you or anything like that, or have some kind of interesting mechanic.

Imagine playing Halo but all the enemies required like 800 shots to kill and you've got a good idea.
>>
>>389659305
>They're shit to look at and shit to fight.

Nah again. The fact they have the best levels means they're not shit to fight. Plus at least their guns fire projectiles that travel faster than 1 foot per second
>>
>>389659870
>made me realize we will never get another great jackie chan movie
fuckkkkkkkkkk
>>
>We finished the PC version and were proud to showcase it with the beta but unfortunately due to contractual obligations with Sony, we had to push the release back. We hope you guys enjoy all the love and attention we gave it when it comes out!
SONY FUCKED IT UP FOR US
>>
>>389660085
None of that contradicts anything I said except for your direct contradictory remark of "nuh uh".
They're shittier Tau.
>>
>>389660163
What? You said they were shit to fight. And they're not. Level design directly influences encounters
>>
>>389660430
No it doesn't.
>>
>>389657802
He wasn't the head designer of Destiny. He lead the team of TTK which was considered the best Destiny expansion which revitalized the game.
>>
>>389659629
The only enemies that require actual mechanics to beat are raid enouncters/bosses, and some strike bosses. Most everything else is just trashmobs waiting to die.
>>
Yes. Just lvl 8 and I want to refund... oh wait, you can't refund a game in Bestbuy, time to "trade" it for 20$ in their stores or sell it on craigslist.

People who still are wondering if you should buy it or not, don't. Trust me. The areas are smaller than the 1st game. While in Destiny you had a huge map to explore, with random other players popping in and out, in Destiny 2 it's only corridors after corridors, you don't even see the whole map you play in, and only 4 people can be instanced at once. The weapons are a joke, they're all the same, only with different names and bullet/laser colors. It's soulless and boring. Trust me guys, I don't give a shit about these PC vs Console wars, but this game shouldn't be bought under any circumstance.
>>
>>389660463
Yes it does. You don't fight enemies in a vacuum
>>
Getting a bit bored, but I'm going to at least try to finish the story.
Would highly suggest not getting this game if you have no friends. Playing this game solo is the most boring experience ever. Would be much more fun to communicate with teammates, and run missions together.
>>
>>389649569
Kek
>>
>>389650760
Just like TFag2 defenders saying that you play the game wrong yet are better than pretty much the entire player base at the game.
>>
>>389648869

the prologue was so fucking boring and the game felt so generic i uninstalled it straight after.

Waste of time. I hate laser pewpew guns that feel weak and a shit load of bloom/lens flare bs. Generic/10
>>
>>389655796

Does anyone know if this migration counts towards PC? As in I played on both PS4 and Xbox, will MY PC game recognize this? I know that I linked my PC account in my bungo account before the PC beta happened. Not sure why you would need to or have the ability to do that if it didn't also apply.
>>
>>389661262
Keep us posted.
>>
>>389661361
no
>>
File: BEAT THAT FAGGOT.jpg (886KB, 1020x1213px) Image search: [Google]
BEAT THAT FAGGOT.jpg
886KB, 1020x1213px
>>389648869
Evolve did nothing wrong
>>
i played the first one up to and a little after max level. is there more to do in this game? only thing i remember from the first one was big cool looking planets but nothing to do.
>>
>>389662034
Nope. Less content and less interesting planets too.
>>
>>389661262
I think the game is boring too, but don't criticize the games guns when you only passed the prologue. You literally only used like 3 guns, and already saying they are weak. Play more then your opinion on guns will matter.
>>
>>389661892
I'm not even the type to cry shill every two seconds but I've got some serious tinfoil hat syndrome when it comes to Destiny.
>>
So is PvP not at all like Halo? I figure that's where the longevity would be but no one seems to like or talk about it.
>>
File: tosaythat.png (213KB, 449x409px) Image search: [Google]
tosaythat.png
213KB, 449x409px
>>389661892
What microtransactions affecting gameplay directly, anon?
>>
File: 1467497857678.jpg (25KB, 338x358px) Image search: [Google]
1467497857678.jpg
25KB, 338x358px
I would have probably bought this game, however no-one has been able to tell me whether there is a type of shotgun that can use regular ammo.

I don't want to get this game if I need to collect that fucking rare purple ammo just to use a shotgun.

Are shotguns available as standard weapons in this game?
>>
>>389663146
I think he's talking about the 'packs' you can buy that *can* drop items with buffs on them. Problem is those are only blue and it's not even a guaranteed chance to get them.

Even in the worst case that it does drop it's not better than end game items.
>>
Any point modding gear before max level? I'm changing gear like, every 10 minutes.
>>
>>389658648
>Hating Cabal aesthetics
>Liking Hive
Shit taste detected.
At least we agree on Fallen being best tho
>>
>>389658648
I actually think the Cabal have solid aesthetics.
>>
>>389660749
If that were true than any enemies in those levels would be good because of the level, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>389663780
It's lazy Space Marine-tier shit, except somehow worse looking.
>>
>>389663146
I had a couple of those boxes you get - sorry engrams are they called?
I got some loot from it, wasn't really crazy, like 210 or something like that.
The rest of the shit was just vanity stuff, like ships
>>
>>389651840
You could play Warframe if you want 3rd person
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.