[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever had to lower the difficulty level to get past something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1504895849533.gif (163KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1504895849533.gif
163KB, 500x281px
Ever had to lower the difficulty level to get past something?
>>
When I was really young, I turned on Easy Mode at the very end of SML2 because the room with the bouncing fireballs near the end of Wario's Castle kept fucking me up.
>>
>>389645239
Yes because I play the game to have fun not to constantly get beaten by some bullshit boss until I break something.
>>
I cheated the whole second half of Arc RIse Fantasia And still struggled.

Not technically lowering difficulty but one of my gaming sins. Still one of my favorite jrpgs of all time though.
>>
Fates hard mode made me drop the difficulty because getting 1 shot by everything was just unfun, like what the fuck.
>>
>>389645239
No, I've almost always played on normal difficulty, and the games I've played on hard+ cannot be toned down.
>>
>>389645239
I tried to beat the opening of Automata on hard for about seven hours until I gave up and lowered it to normal. With all the oneshots everywhere, there should have been a checkpoint after the shmup section and at the start of the fight against Baggar 288.
>>
>>389645239
Only Oblivion, because of how broken the level scaling was combined with how little I understood the leveling system. It got to the point where I couldn't kill a monster 1v1 even on normal.
>>
File: 1494381262296.jpg (16KB, 390x395px) Image search: [Google]
1494381262296.jpg
16KB, 390x395px
>>389645239
No but I do regret starting on hard more often than not, the cheaty bullshit in most games just isn't worth it. Tell myself it's better than being stuck on a lower difficulty that you can breeze through without much thought but I'm not sure sometimes
>>
Yes, that fucking frost troll on Skyrim. You know the one.
>>
the vampires in novigrad sewers. i didnt have a vampyrism potion or whatever the fuck i needed to fight them. so i had to run around like a retard looting barrels.
>>
>>389645239

No but instead I put the game down for the day, say "fuck it, this aint gonna happen"

Come back a day or two later fresh at the start of the hard part and do it in one or two tries.

Surprised I couldnt do it before
>>
>>389647949
the one on the way to the throat of the world?
>>
File: Cerberus.gif (74KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
Cerberus.gif
74KB, 600x463px
>>389645239
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE1ScwL4Jmo
>>
>>389647949
the Deathbrand was the hardest for me, might of been because I was playing on Master/Expert and Skyrim is not designed to play well at higher difficulty levels.

But I basically installed a mod that let me have 4 followers, since that fucker had several strong minions.
>>
I think I turned Tales of the Abyss down to normal from hard for a few rough early parts to avoid money grinding.
>>
>>389647949
I levelled up to lvl 20 before going up the mountain just so I could rape that fucking stupid troll. That was payback for when it killed Lydia in my first playthrough
>>
File: aww man.jpg (30KB, 303x297px) Image search: [Google]
aww man.jpg
30KB, 303x297px
I cheated in Tony Hawk's Underground to beat Eric.
>>
When a game has an extremely annoying boss that takes up 4 minutes of cutscenes before you can even attempt to hit it a couple of itmes yes. I've done that
>>
Dynasty warriors 3, Battle of Wuzhang Plains.
The allies died too fast, and it was my first play through so no good items to use, by the time I killed three generals Zhuge Liang got killed as well. And the existence of crossbowman meant I had to play safe.
>>
>>389645239
I played persona 3 on easy cause I kept losing track of my progress after the middle of the game.
>>
>>389645239
I used the fenrir trick to cheese lingering will.
>>
I lowered the difficulty for the last horde battle in Bioshock infinite once I realised that was all it was.
>>
I've only played on easy for one game.
>Pirate Witcher 2
>Struggle with combat
>Put it on easy
>Only played a couple of hours at this point
>Still having issues
>Google a combat guide
>Find out you're supposed to use the force push 99% of the time
>Uninstall
>>
As a kid, I cheated in Pokemon Ranger to have 99 lives. Still couldn't beat Entei.
>>
>>389650615
I used a gameshark to get a bunch of shiny arceus and a ton of rare candies.
>>
>Playing Yakuza 2
>Was in the final portions and ran out of healing items (Was honestly me being stupid for the most part)
>Next to no recovery items.
>Thought the fight against Terada was the last boss.
>Didn't realize that you would have to fight Ryuji a second time.
>Had a very limited amount of time before I had to go somewhere.
>Kept getting close to beating him, and then dying. The arena did not have any healing items.
>Was too lazy to redo the last hour of fighting stuff, so I lowered the difficulty so I could get past it.

I still feel bad that I did it, since it was the first and only time I had to turn down the difficulty in Yakuza. I'm contemplating going back and redoing the fights again.
>>
File: 056.png (196KB, 479x437px) Image search: [Google]
056.png
196KB, 479x437px
>>389646894
I know that feel.
Took me like 10+ tries for that but eventually I got through it. Never took hard mode off.

Was seriously tempted to a million times though.
>>
>>389650528
kek, what kind of guide is that? Even on the hardest difficulty you can just abuse the forcefield sign, tanks a hit for you at little cost
>>
>>389651713
I might be remembering wrong. I just googled it and it's a kotaku article that tells you to just use Quen. I thought it was lame that they would make one power so important so I stopped playing
>>
>>389652228
Ah, that makes sense then. Quen is the forcefield and just about mandatory in the combat
>>
>>389646153
Conquest?
>>
File: 1504365165728.gif (596KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
1504365165728.gif
596KB, 299x299px
>>389645920
>tripfag struggles even with cheats
checks out
>>
>>389645239
All the time. I scam save states too
>>
>>389645239
Those snatch missions in saints row 3, especially the medium and hard ones.

>start a hard difficulty one since it wasn't that difficult in 2
>get 5 notariety as soon as I grab a ho
>when I go to pick up the next group there are about 15 faggots shooting me at once, with 5 cars ramming into my car destroying any vehicle I enter
>the AI for the ho's has them running in the exact opposite direction of my car even when they are recruited

To be honest, even lowering the difficulty didn't help much
>>
>>389653727
wew, I'll never say I'm good at snake again
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.