[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How unhappy will you be because of this game's massive success?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 51PvEVEluYL.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51PvEVEluYL.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
How unhappy will you be because of this game's massive success?
>>
I'm a Nintenbro, I bought a Switch on launch. This game will be that much better knowing that there are millions of sony niggers frothing at the mouth and literally losing control of themselves at the thought of this game existing and people like me enjoying it.
>>
>>389633219
Nintendo has sucked for almost two decades now.
>>
>>389633294
Buy they get to watch Uncharted: Lost Legacy and you don't.
>>
>>389633219
Sonic Mania is better
>>
>>389633219
I'll be pleased because I love 3D platformers and want more to be made.

I'll be slightly disappointed that it'll mean the next 3D Mario will probably not have a hubworld again.
>>
>>389633379
twitch dot tv
>>
I'm a sonybro but competition is good. good games make other studios make better games.
>>
>3D Mario
>massive success
Pick one.
>>
>>389633379
I own a ps4pro, also. Uncharted isn't even on my radar. The series is mediocre at best.
>>
>>389633587

>Acknowledge
>Stop being a retard
Pick one.
>>
File: 1411280271705.jpg (43KB, 476x367px) Image search: [Google]
1411280271705.jpg
43KB, 476x367px
>>389633548
>good games make other studios make better games
Ah come on, we know this isn't true. Nintendo have created the best games for decades and the competition is only getting worse. Nobody has even made a 3D platformer in a long time that wasn't shit.
>>
>>389633587
Breath Of The Wild is on set to be the best selling zelda ever.

So this is no different.
>>
>>389633587
>Mario 64: 11 million
>64DS: 11 million
>Sunshine: 5.5 million, third best selling Gamecube game
>Galaxy: 12.75 million
>Galaxy 2: 6.36 million
>3D Land: 11.33 million (only 100k below NSMB2)
>3D World: 5.71 million, third best selling WiiU game
And all of those games made on a pittance. Yes AC3 sold 15 million, but it also had a $100m marketing budget to get it that high and a far higher development budget.
>>
I won't at all be sad. It's the only game that seems worth buying a Switch for. I hope it sells amazingly and we see more AAA 3D platformers.
>>
>>389633858
>Breath Of The Wild is on set to be the best selling zelda ever.
Its sales are inflated due to being on two platforms, just like how Twilight Princess's sales were inflated due to being on two platforms. Nintendo did the correct thing by taking inspiration from the Zelda they should have taken inspiration from the most, although Breath of the Wild is still not 100% where the series should be.

>So this is no different.
It is different because 3D Mario does not and has never moved hardware.

>>389633973
Now compare those numbers to 2D Mario. Every 3D Mario has been outsold by its 2D Mario counterpart. 2D Mario moves hardware, 3D Mario does not.
>>
>>389633219
I'll be playing it, and not shitposting about it. Because it's a video game. You know, the things that you're supposed to play?
>>
>>389634114
>Its sales are inflated due to being on two platforms

Ok shut up.

My point being is that the switch and its games are breaking conventional expectation placed on them.

And Mario is not an exception. No other 3D Mario outsold 2d? ok let's wait and see.
>>
>>389633219
I have a Switch and i'm not going to buy it. It looks retarded.
>>
>>389633219

>i'm glad the IP matter more than the actual game because it makes people mad

ladies and gentleman, /v/!
>>
>>389633294
>but sony
Fanboism is mental desease, this applies to sony-ggers too
>>
>>389634563
>My point being is that the switch and its games are breaking conventional expectation placed on them.
Because Zelda was long overdue for a shake-up and return to its roots. BotW only treads those waters.

>And Mario is not an exception. No other 3D Mario outsold 2d? ok let's wait and see.
The consistent data over two decades is that people want 2D Mario, not 3D Mario. Nintendo has a cash cow that they refuse to utilize effectively. Instead, they pump out half-assed trash that nobody falls for anymore because it's clear Nintendo doesn't want to try with the very series that is responsible for their success in the first place. All it would take is a 2D Mario with the budget, polish, passion, and high quality assets like 3D Mario and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. That's all people want.
>>
>>389633219
From the game's success itself? Not very.
From the shitposting that will ensue? Extremely.
>>
>>389634651
>implying the actual game won't be getting as many GOTY nominations as Breath of the Wild

Yeah, there sure is some /v/ going on in this thread.
>>
>>389634114

>Its sales are inflated due to being on two platforms, just like how Twilight Princess's sales were inflated due to being on two platforms. Nintendo did the correct thing by taking inspiration from the Zelda they should have taken inspiration from the most, although Breath of the Wild is still not 100% where the series should be.

You don't have to take the Wii U version into account, the game reached 3.92 million sales on Switch as of June 30th, that's more than 2 months ago, on a console with an install base that was still under 5 million at the time. That's already more than Skyward Sword and you can bet it's going to continue to sell as people buy more Switches.
>>
>>389634976

Only normies want 2D Mario, Nintendo fans prefer 3D Mario.
>>
Very happy.

It's been almost 20 years since the last true 3d Mario game.
Just think about that.
No more NSMB bullshit. No more WUH WUH
>>
File: 1504698163915.jpg (111KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
1504698163915.jpg
111KB, 620x350px
>>389635162
No.
>>
>>389634976
>That's all people want
If that's the case the Wii U would succeed. What you fail to realize is that while 2D Mario sells a lot it's not a system seller by itself. If they don't buy the system then 2D Mario won't sell.
>>
>>389633219
I wouldn't be unhappy.. I'm interested to see how it is. Nintendo is always way out there with their ideas and the city scape is peculiar.
>>
I'm going to be very happy because I'll be playing this game and enjoying myself
>>
File: 1459457322240.png (1MB, 1697x1611px) Image search: [Google]
1459457322240.png
1MB, 1697x1611px
>>389633219
EXTREMELY
>>
>>389635109
I am not disputing that BotW is selling well. I'm saying its sales numbers are inflated. Key difference. Also, despite the sales being inflated because of the game being available on two platforms, they're also deflated by the lack of Switch availability. I realize this sounds contradictory, but it isn't.

>>389635356
>What you fail to realize is that while 2D Mario sells a lot it's not a system seller by itself. If they don't buy the system then 2D Mario won't sell.
You have your logic backwards. Hardware sells because of software, not the other way around. The Wii U failed because it had bad software. 2D Mario didn't save the Wii U because it was the fourth NSMB game and the laziness with which those games were made was readily apparent. It did nothing that NSMBW didn't.

Also, apparently Super Mario Bros. selling 40 million copies and being the best-selling single-platform video game of all time for a period of 20 years means that "2D Mario is not a system seller by itself." That means NSMB helping to catapult DS sales into the stratosphere is proof that "2D Mario is not a system seller." That means NSMBW causing the Wii to sell more units in a single month than any game console ever is proof that "2D Mario is not a system seller."
>>
>>389635850
>using a game that's 32 years old that saved the American industry
Yeah and it was cutting edge at the time with virtually no competition. Nintendo had a monopoly at the time. 2D Mario on its own isn't what appeals to most gamers anymore. Nobody would spend 300$ for 2D Mario but they will for games like BotW and SMO. Also note the game that sold the 3DS in the beginning was 3D Mario, not 2D Mario.
>>
>>389636239
>using a game that's 32 years old that saved the American industry
It saved the industry because it was incredibly in-demand.

>Yeah and it was cutting edge at the time with virtually no competition. Nintendo had a monopoly at the time.
Because Nintendo was making the most in-demand games, and the success of their games helped other games be successful, like the Mega Man and Castlevania series.

>Nobody would spend 300$ for 2D Mario
NSMB and NSMBW prove you wrong. NSMBW outsold both Galaxies combined. NSMB was the first new 2D Mario game in 14 years. NSMBW was the first new console 2D Mario game in 19 years and had simultaneous multiplayer. NSMB2 and NSMBU had no excuse for being so lazily-designed after the freshness of new 2D Mario wore off. They should have been DKCR-tier in terms of production values, but they weren't.

>Also note the game that sold the 3DS in the beginning was 3D Mario, not 2D Mario.
And the true measure of success for a game when it comes to sales is its longevity. Does the game continue to sell years after release? NSMB2 won out long-term.
>>
Why would I be unhappy?

I'd be unhappy if the game were a critical success but turns out to be not so great. I want a game that lives up to the hype, not a game that everyone overhypes and by the time I have it in my hands, it turns out less than stellar/not nearly as good as people implied it to be.

That's why some times, I fucking abhorr perfect/nigh-perfect game scores, because there's no such thing as a perfect game.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.