[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are modders such raging autists with over inflated egos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: autistic.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
autistic.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Seriously, what's this guy's deal. He acts like his a fucking game designer, he's some dork who works on a mod.
He went in asking for opinions, but at the end of the day, his response to every concern is "REEEEE, it's my mod! I can do what I want!"

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/big-guns
>>
>>389633103
he does it for free so sees it as his own labor of love
>>
>>389633103
Sad to see my favorite mod turned to shit like that.
>>
>>389633103
He makes it for free and he has a large group of people that like it, as such he has every right to be an asshole.

If they don't like it stop using his shit
>>
>>389633103
modding is game design though
>>
>>389634549
Believe me. I'm done with his shit.
RtCW didn't fucking work and it was fucking integrated. TTW is able to work with other mods because it's considered a mod. Now this retard wants to put it BACK to the way it was in RFTCW.

Plus look at the shit he's doing to energy weapons. When he's done, the only energy weapons in the game are going to be the RCW, Plasma pistol, rifle, scattergun and the laser rifle/pistol.
>>
>>389633103
Same issue with people doing fangames.
They think they are superior to everyone else, especially the devs that created the actual game. In reality, they are just parasites modifying the work of others.
>>
>>389634584
Really? So he ISNT taking assets from games that other people made? Wow. So talented. I can see how he can claim to have a fucking "vision" here. Designing those areas...just wow.

Except the only areas that are unique to that mod are so poorly designed and optimized that it's a slideshow.
>>
>>389634757
i guess fallout new vegas wasn't designed then
>>
>>389635050
Oh yeah? Show me where all the content in New Vegas exists within Fallout 3.
Go ahead. I'll wait.
>>
>>389634757
>So he ISNT taking assets from games that other people made? Wow. So talented.
Fuck off Pete.
>>
>>389633103
Because they are better than you Todd
>>
>>389635169
>>389635140

I wish Bethesda would issue them a fucking cease and desist. Show those fuckers exactly how important they and their "vision" are.
>>
>>389635079
so your idea of mods are the vanilla game?
>>
File: wighnayba.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wighnayba.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>389635560
>>
>>389635614
its literally shorthand for modifications, they aren't in the vanilla game and are therefore designed
>>
>>389635827
Oh gee, I only made a topic with the word in the title, I guess I sure need a definition from some dumb twat.
>>
>>389635931
the "argument" implies you don't even know what mod means
>>
Wasn't there one modder who took down his really popular mod because he was salty over the election?
>>
>>389633103
I'm not interested in the guy or the mod but artists/content creators don't have a duty to take feedback into account
>>
>>389636234
Then he should claim that he would.
He just wanted affirmation that he's god's gift to modding, which he isn't. I'd take the Morroblivion team over this putz anyday.
>>
>>389636091
yes, skyrim civil war mod

he hid the mod and had this reason when you tried to visit the mod's page

"In a time where hatred screams loud from the dark recesses of the internet and my country, I will use my soapbox for something. For more information on what you can do to help, I suggest you visit Amnesty International."
BlackLivesMatter
LGBTRights
TransIsBeautiful
RefugeesWelcome
OccupyWallStreet
YesAllWomen
and...
ImWithHer

he deleted his mod to prevent nazis from downloading it
>>
>>389634757
asset design is only a small piece of game design

it's like you were saying that programmers aren't really designers of their programs because they use languages and libraries made by other people or that fashion designers aren't really designers because they use sewing patterns and materials they didn't make themselves
>>
>>389636667
Is there any way to download it? I kinda want to get it just to spite him
>>
>>389636667
I'm still not convinced these people are real. I still think they're some sort of virtual AIs gone bad and they're stuck in the interweb
>>
>>389636926
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7fzcsM4OgGGZ1Q4QzRlc19VN0U

here are all the mods he made (and then hid permanently once trump won)

>>389637096
he had a big rant on reddit about how nazis voted for trump, therefore nazis could be downloading his mods. its deleted now but it was a fucking mess.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.