[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: pe-logo-915x585.jpg (60KB, 915x585px) Image search: [Google]
pe-logo-915x585.jpg
60KB, 915x585px
What went right?
>>
uninstall.exe was fairly simple to use.
>>
>>389623584
It was easy to pirat so you can tell it's shit for free.
>>
>>389623584
Nothing, the game is shit.
>>
>>389623584
nothing, at least tyranny was fun
>>
>>389623584
awful gameplay the writing

so, nothing. at least divinity has excellent gameplay.
>>
It sold enough to prove isometric RPGs are still a viable genre
>>
I liked the music

Disliked pretty much everything else
>>
File: IMG_1670.jpg (81KB, 720x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1670.jpg
81KB, 720x627px
Should I get this or D:OS on my ps4
>>
It exposed Obsidian for the mediocre writers they are when they have to do the heavy lifting and do their own world building.
>>
>>389625280
D:OS unless you suffer of insomnia
>>
>>389623705
A new exp? for Tyranny came out a day ago. Havent tried it yet, but more Tyranny is always welcomed.
>>
File: Apple.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
Apple.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>389623584
Story, graphics, roleplay mechanics and gameplay. Music, encounter variation and basebuilding are underwhelming.
>>
>>389625280

Both great but DOS is far superior.
>>
>>389623584
It truly managed to recapture the traditional CRPG gameplay.
Everyone who dislikes PoE gameplay is immediately outed as someone who never liked playing those games in the first place.
>>
File: 1483063228947.jpg (100KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1483063228947.jpg
100KB, 500x286px
Did anyone else think that finding a way to depose or kill the king was going to be the central point of the game?

Random dude pops out of nowhere on a road and tells you to kill the king.

So you go and do it and thats like a tenth of the way into the game.

I liked storming the castle but that was a serious WTF.
>>
>>389623584
Almost nothing. The game is a huge joke to anyone who actually played a few good cRPGs (which this game is desperately trying to emulate) in his life.
>>
>>389626147
I thought it was quite obvious the point of the game was about the gods.
>>
>>389626204
Stop parroting /v/ and go play it, or play baldur's gate 2 again to see how badly it has aged.
>>
>>389623584
Cute elves.

>>389625994
I agree, the Engagement system alone is a huge advancement
>>
>>389625994
No, YOU didn't play any cRPGs. PoE tries to make its combat like those but it lacks the actual depth and variation and the carefully crafted encounter design.
>>
>>389626351
The fuck? The elves were ugly as fuck, they had the stupid warcraft eyebrows.
>>
>>389626279
Baldur's Gate 2 is overrated but still shits all over PoE. I called the game out in the days back when /v/ still hyped it up like nothing else, fuck off.
>>
>>389626351
>beefed-up Attacks of Opportunity
>huge advancement

If anything Engagement put way too much focus on the initial positioning, turning the game into trench warfare simulator.
>>
the engagement system sucks
>>
>>389625994
>Everyone who dislikes PoE gameplay is immediately outed as someone who never liked playing those games in the first place.

But PoE is shit compared to all the older cRPGs and inferior in every way.
>>
>>389626491
In a way you're right.
But i still enjoyed this, i actually really like the emphasis on positioning.
>>
>>389623584
The kickstarter campaign
>>
engagement emphasized having one heavy tank who was spec'd to be able to engage the entire enemy pack alone while everybody else stayed the fuck back attacking from range. Granted, I don't think even specialized for engagement Eder could pull it off so you needed a secondary off-tank like Pallyvagina to grab a straggler or two.
>>
File: 8K0FGSQ.jpg (510KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
8K0FGSQ.jpg
510KB, 2000x2000px
Apart from having a nonsensical story where everything interesting happens offscreen and every character is a textdump of irrelevant information to show you how cool the world everywhere but where you actually play is and the mindnumbingly combat that borders on a clickfest in terms of strategy and the pretty much non-existent roleplaying elements and the absolutely horrible encounter design that is more reminiscent of a game like Diablo than a real cRPG which it so desperately tries to be while being vastly inferior in every single aspect to dozens of games that came out more than 20 years ago.

tl;dr it's bland garbage and anyone who likes it just because it's better than utter trash like Bioware games has no fucking clue about RPGs
>>
>>389623584
Nothing.
>>
>>389623584
It made Obsidiots lose part of their brainwashing.
>>
>>389625280
D:OS is a legit good modern RPG that tries a few new things, PoE tries to be Baldur's Gate but only copies the bad parts from it and STILL manages to make them even worse.
>>
>>389626437
>warcraft eyebrows
I have no idea what you mean, but my Elffu was cute as fuck.

>>389626491
It is, though. The problem with Attacks of Opportunity is that they're either so powerful as to be crippling, so you never want to draw one, or so weak as to be pointless and it's usually the latter. Not having an Engagement/AoO system at all leads to situations like BG where you can kite enemies at will.

I think the Engagement system worked well because it forced you to always be aware of it, and it allowed you to increase your ability to tank with a couple of feats without consuming your entire character focus. There was a nice mix of engagement-enhancing abilities and mobility ones, like the Barbarian's ability to ignore the hitstop.
>If anything Engagement put way too much focus on the initial positioning
I agree, but I think it's a big improvement on a weaker system or not having Engagement at all. It could've used some more complex mobility skills. I'll be interested to see what they do with it in Deadfire.
>>
>>389626147
>the king
He's some backwards lord of a tiny village.
>>
>>389623584
Roleplaying, encounter design of fights that actually matter, class design, overall level of difficulty. Also, compared to all infinity engine games and IWD1-2, PoE is the most challenging and balanced game.
>>
>>389627331
>The problem with Attacks of Opportunity is that they're either so powerful as to be crippling, so you never want to draw one

This is exactly what Engagement is.
>>
>>389628838
Completely delusional, you haven't actually played any Infinity games.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.