[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so easy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67KB, 300x428px
Even on the hardest difficulty it's still piss easy. There's no challenge at all. And nobody seems to criticize the game for it even though it's a major flaw.
>>
The game has really basic AI.
>>
>>389621128
there's artificial difficulty to make up for it

try surviving the prison hold outs on hard without using the turrets
>>
It's not really "easy" on hard. This is because the difficulty slider only modifies the enemy HP, damage and how hard they aimbot you. This causes inevitable deaths because you get shot instantaneously as soon as you come around the corner, unavoidable damage.

Doesn't make it "hard" per se, but you will die. And it's enough to be annoying, I ended up just playing my most recent playthrough on easy so their aimbotting wasn't causing unavoidable deaths and tedious gameplay.

This flaw is also present in nearly every single player FPS as well. As increasing difficulty by making the AI smarter is very hard for the developer.
>>
Not every game needs to be "Dark Souls hard" to be enjoyable and engaging.

If anything, it's a very minor flaw in HL2's case
>>
>>389621487
Nigger, the enemies don't do shit to you in this game. You can be as careless as you want and get away with it. They do very little damage even on hard.
>>
>>389622241
The combine absolutely do. They aimbot their SMGs and shotguns on hard and tank a double barrel shotgun headshot.
>>
>>389622479
You can block all ranged enemies in the game by carrying any non-breakable object in front of you then braining them with it.
>>
>>389621128
when the game was made most machines couldn't run it well so you'd have to battle that on top of the game. I think they knew that and built the game easy to offset that.
>>
>>389622638
>be sure to grab a crate to tank with every single encounter
>also be sure to avoid any combine that shoot you in the sides

That's tedious as fuck. That's what I'm saying, it's not "hard", it's just tedious when it's on hard.
>>
File: anon goes full retard.gif (932KB, 175x131px) Image search: [Google]
anon goes full retard.gif
932KB, 175x131px
>>389622638
if theres only one ya fucking dink
>>
>>389622784
>metal tables
>cars
>dumpsters
>cabinets
These are everywhere in later levels and you can just push them around with the gravity gun. Like the part where you have to wait on rebels to blow a hole in the wall, you can just make a car fort and ignore all the enemies spawning.
>>
>>389621128
Because it was made for casuals.
>>
>>389621128
Valve playtesters.
>>
>>389621128
Thank playtesters.
>>
File: Dropship_Troops_Disembark.jpg (300KB, 900x481px) Image search: [Google]
Dropship_Troops_Disembark.jpg
300KB, 900x481px
>>389621128

The game is so old at this point that we know pretty much every little mechanic and how to exploit a lot of them. My favorite is shotgunning the combine right as they jump out of the dropships, makes the fight at the lighthouse super easy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.