[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Fable game was better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 15

File: fable-intro.jpg (277KB, 1197x892px) Image search: [Google]
fable-intro.jpg
277KB, 1197x892px
Which Fable game was better?
>>
>>389620872

>Fable 2
>Fable 1 = Fable 3
>hot dogshit
>Fable Journey
>>
Story = 1
Gameplay = 2
Nothing = 3
>>
Fable 2, but the series never ever came close to achieving it's true potential, there's always massive problems with each title, and those fucking promises.
>>
>>389621320
>>389621449
Fable 2 was absolutely awful though. Half of the mechanics were gone (armor was overrated though) and the final boss was PRESS Y
>>
>>389621320
There is no way that Fable 2 is better than Fable 1 senpai
>>
Fable 1 is the only Fable
>>
>>389622463
This nigger gets it
>>
Fable TLC > Fable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dog Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AIDS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other Fable games
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>389621320
>Fable 2
>Fable 1 = Fable 3
>>
TLC was by far the best, then 2, then shit.
I actually did have a lot of fun with 2, didn't have a lot of replayability though like 1 did for me.
>>
I enjoyed the third game.
>>
The first game is pretty great, the others not so much. Never enjoyed the comedy in them, dunno why Lionhead had such a hard-on for fart jokes.
>>
>>389622774
how dare you
>>
Fable 2 was my favorite.
>>
>>389620872
literally just got worse as the games progressed

1>2>3>>>>the rest dont matter

that being said, 3 had the best multiplayer
>>
File: 1504504679823.jpg (67KB, 355x559px) Image search: [Google]
1504504679823.jpg
67KB, 355x559px
I'm still mad they never released fable 2 on PC is Fable 3 worth playing? Can it still be played on pc since gfwl is dead?
>>
>>389622972
the audience was teenage boys
>>
>>389623230
Fable 3 is fun but its not as good as the other two

that being said it's worth a playthrough, also the DLC
>>
>>389620872
Fable TLC is the only good game in the series. Fable 2 is playable, but not good.
>>
Shame you never could impregnate Theresa.
>>
>>389623230
Fable 3 is really short you can literally beat it in one sitting. It's also pretty bugged, at least the version I played is. Worth a pirate though.

>Fable 2 never was released on PC
That really chafes my chestnuts.
>>
File: 1502225974894.jpg (58KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
1502225974894.jpg
58KB, 760x760px
I really like the design of the character on II's box art.
Is it possible to make a character that looks that cool?
>>
>fable 1>kingdoms of amalur>fable 2>fable 3>who the fuck bought a kinect?
>>
What's the difference between fable 1 and the lost chapters?
>>
>>389624807
More content in TLC
>>
>>389624807

Lost Chapters has quite a bit of new stuff and a few new areas. You can only get to them after finishing the game, though.
>>
>>389620872
>Fable The Journey
I thought was cancelled like all the other Fable spinoffs
>>
>>389624323
The thing that butters my buns so hard about Fable 3 is that they had a fucking godlike general idea for the plot and bungled it through general ineptness. The whole your brother is a despot but when you take over the throne you realize he was trying to save the nation from an unstoppable force thing was hardly commented on, and it still treated you as an evil dickhead if you followed his path to save the entire nation. There was no option for "okay guys we gotta do some serious fucking crunch time but if we don't we'll all be dead so I promise this will all get better after we defeat this unspecified evil thing", it just felt like I had an extremely bad PR team.
>>
TLC IMO
2 is alright I guess
>>
I unironically liked Fable 3 most. That shit is one of the comfiest games ever made.
>>
>>389624986
If you left your basement for once you would easily find it in the discount bin at walmart.
>>
>>389625068

Yeah, Fable kinda fucked up by making everything about good or evil, with no middle ground.
>>
Peaked at 2
>>
>Leveling up your stats turned you into a hulking giant.

I just wanted to be a cute girl but I was a fucking monstrous beast towering over my husband.
>>
>>389625182
>buying games at Wal-Mart
Sorry not interested in buying three year old games for $60
>>
>>389625068
>nation is on the brink of annihilation
>OY VEY GOYIM WE NEED TO FILL THE TREASURY WITH GOLD TO STOP IT
>make a gorillion swords at the blacksmith
>why is the king doing all the work
>doesn't even matter, game has the same ending no matter what
I'm still mad.
>>
>>389625414
he said DISCOUNT BIN you moron

it's like $15
>>
>>389625068
Literally just stack money and get a perfect ending
>>
>>389625423
>Blacksmithing
>Not playing Lute Hero ft. Trump Real Estate
It's like you're allergic to gold or something
>>
Why didn't the hero in 3 just TELL Reaver or the Aurorans or anyone that the big bad was coming?

> buckle down and prepare for attack
> do what you can to make money but also make progress
> after attack one year later, repeal policies and rake in the good karma

WAS THAT SO FUCKING HARD

FUCK YOU PETER
>>
>>389621573
It had best combat, best plot, and best characters besides the villain, and even Jack was just 90% voice that got ruined in TLC.

Sure the ending was garbage but what Fable game doesn't end in an anticlimactic shitshow?
>>
>>389625623
blacksmithing is just two buttons instead of three, all jobs pay the same at max multiplier
>>
>>389625634
>> after attack one year later, repeal policies and rake in the good karma
Kinda hard to undo Lake drainings and shit like that
>>
>>389625495
I'm talking about Wal-Mart in general dingdong, last time I was there they still had fucking Other M for $50.
>$15
Still way too much for Kinect shovelware
>>
>>389625068
What made it even dumber was how you could easily raise the gold yourself if you just bought real estate. So it wasn't even a question of rulership and morality but whether you're rich enough to not be an asshole
>>
I really liked the time slowing spell in fable 2.
What other games have cool time-stopping/time-slowing abilities like Fable and Devil May Cry?
>>
File: Rabbi_Solomon_Schindler.gif (4KB, 452x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rabbi_Solomon_Schindler.gif
4KB, 452x523px
>>389625820
>Lots of money = Good guy
>No money = bad guy
hmmmm
>>
>>389625920
Dishonored
>>
>>389625068
The entire second half of the game really got me. Taking back the crown was so much fun but then it right away became: "be an ass or be kinda decent but then get fucked IN the ass"
What's funny is that I didn't do any of the bad options except for the whorehouse one and they still treated me like shit. I paid completely out of pocket.
>>
Fable 2 was better in every way to 1
>>
>>389625781

Then they have to live with it. Keeping the lake because it looks pretty is kinda low on the list of priorities if there's an endless army of faceless horrors knocking on the door to the kingdom in less than a year.

Well, unless the king is some kind of working class wonder who enjoys playing in a forge for weeks at a time.
>>
>>389626218
>Whorehouse isn't really that "bad" of an option compared to the others
>It also pays a fuckton of gold
>Still get treated like your brother if you build it
Really made me mad
>>
1 and maybe 2 are the only ones worth your time
2 only if you thought 1 was too hard/complicated
>>
>>389624419
Yes to the top character and not sure about devil dude
>>
>>389625781
I always flooded the hippy village with sewage, no matter what. What gets me is that flooding the hippy village gave you bad karma, just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>389626218
It's just like the concept of "necessary evil" has never crossed the writer's minds when it comes to that game. I know Fable has always been "be the avatar of virtue or be a complete dickbag" but with a plot like that you absolutely need some shades of gray. You can't have your brother doing some evil shit for an ultimately good purpose and then still shoehorn in the protagonist as being either a cunt or a saint with no middleground when it comes to decisions.
>>
>>389621320
This
>>
2 was comfy
>>
>>389627013
>necessary evil
He could have played the lute for 10 hours, but instead he chose to be a dick about it.
>>
>>389624419
Yes, through doing evil deeds, at max "evil" or whatever you call it, i dont remember, you become just like demon guy on 2's cover. You can even farm for it at early points im the game to playthrough as demon. Just cosmetic tho
>>
>>389623096
This
>>
>>389627625
In situations like that you can't just involve things like "lol play the lute or be a real estate mogul, dummy!" If the core lesson of Fable 3 was "the ruler could have been totally cool if he just played the lute for a few hours to raise all the money he needed" it would have been even worse. As fun as gameplay/story integrations are sometimes you just have to separate the story from what you do in game, and this is definitely one of those situations.
>>
>>389627625

Yeah, but that's another problem. The game tries to make a big thing about the upcoming invasion, and how you need money to fight it, but you can completely ignore it and stand around on a street corner for hours instead. It's about as stupid as the king falling asleep for half a year after the final story decision.
>>
>>389628004
The entire second half of the game felt like the devs just got bored and wasted their time doing something else entirely. And then the publisher started knocking on their doors saying "WHERE'S THE GAME" so they just made something up without thinking and slapped it in.

It reminds me of everything that trigger has ever done.
>>
>>389620872
Fable 1, for a special reason. The game, if you squint at it just enough, resembles something unusually wonderful for a game. The music is absolutely amazing at times, the world design is really appealing (witchwood), the way townspeople actually look at your character and react, the feeling of untested possibilities towards the beginning, all of this make it an unusually enchanting game. When you open your eyes, however, lots of flaws are definitely there, and once you soberly see the limits of everything, the magic disappears (I would say that the limit can still be felt afterward in the sequels, to their deficit). For that first while, though, the game seems like a whole lot more.
>>
I just loved the way your character grow in fable 2 and tha's why is my favorite, also the graphics were over the top for a 2008 game
>>
1>TLC>3>2
>>
>>389620872
Fable 1 was almost good and could've been a great foundation for a superior sequel. Molyneux didn't understand what made the game so likeable in the first place though, so he just went with the shitty worthless gimmicks instead, ruining the series forever and burying all the potential with it. Shame really, because we don't have a lot of those non-dark non-gritty charming RPGs
>>
>>389620872
TLC
>>
I would give a limb for Fable 2 to be on PC
>>
As flawed as Fable 3 was, I still liked it better than 2, and loved that sequence in the cave and desert
>>
>>389625634
>Reaver
>giving a shit
>>
>>389620872
Fable gamesare pretty mediocre but I enjoyed Fable the Lost Chapters.
Fable Anniversary is some lol worthy thing though.
>Hey, guys, what if
>what if we took stylized graphics of the first game that still look good/okay today and changed them fo a pile of dogshit?
>>
>>389620872

Fable 1 was by far best. The others were just extremely watered down attempts at making comedy games.
>>
File: 1432847736231.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1432847736231.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>fable 2 for PC
NEVER EVER
>>
>>389629557
It's really rude of Lionhead to not give any opportunity to kill him.
You get the opportunity to beat the rude giga nigga and take away all his chances of being Lady Gray's husband/boyfriend and get the opportunity to even kill him in the Lost Chapters, but 100% evil douchebag with a pistol and no charm is off-limits? What a dick move.
>>
Fable 2 had the most interesting setting. Never enjoyed 1's generic medieval fantasy.
>>
>>389630007
He's the writer's pet. He's there so the writer can have his fun, and fuck what you think. You want to get some kind of comeback on this dickbag who casually murdered your photographer friend you've known since you were a child? Well FUCK YOU the writer really likes how suave he is. Seriously in F2 I wanted to abandon my quest to get revenge on Lucian to get even with that fucking dickbag, but the game railroaded me into playing along. AND THEN HE FUCKING KILLSTEAL'D THE FINAL BOSS WHEN I WANTED TO LISTEN TO WHAT HE HAD TO SAY
>>
File: project ego.jpg (273KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
project ego.jpg
273KB, 640x480px
>>389620872
Fable was nice but felt unfinished, though it was filled with mysterious shit and glitches that gave birth to plenty myths, like the mongoose. TLC added some content and closure, fixed some of the things that were broken, and changed some other things that didn't really need it, like Jack of Blades' voice, removing part of the mystery of it, and the little of that Project Ego vibe that remained. But what remains my absolute favorite thing is all the side content, all those side quests, demon doors, and tidbits of lore whose writing is nothing less than incredible and so memorable.

Fable 2 was... weird. It kinda felt very good, but it just wasn't really the same. The main story was atrocious, though as usual the sidequest writing was ABSOLUTELY FUCKING STELLAR, and gameplay was much worse, too simplified, too barebones, with no good challenge, and too little control over it. Interactions with NPCs also took a step back. It's better than whatever came next, but it felt like a very different game.

Fable 3 was even weirder. There were some great design points, but atrocious ones too. Ironically, the last desert part of the game was absolutely awesome, it felt fresh and new, and enemies were challenging as fuck, and it was like an entirely different game. Keep in mind I played the original 360, not PC with harder difficulty, which I'm genuinely wondering if it may just make it more enjoyable. But the story, progression, king's line and shit was atrocious. Oh, did I mention the sidequests were once again TOTALLY FUCKING INCREDIBLE???

Fable Journey shouldn't have existed, Fable Heroes doesn't exist, and Fable Legends ceased to.

I guess the best Fable would be the PC version of TLC, with the original Fable content restored, and proper controller support. Or Project Ego finally made real: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjIZf5OBG8E

Every other opinion is shit.
>>
>>389630120
And killing him would actually solve the problem of the final boss and Therese wanting the heroes for their nefarious purposes.
>>
File: 1486814765846.jpg (33KB, 452x423px) Image search: [Google]
1486814765846.jpg
33KB, 452x423px
>>389620872
My brother fucking loves Fable.

I wish they made more decent games and port 2 to PC
>>
>>389620872
I want to get into these games, but I don't know if they are too text/conversation heavy or not. I'm not into heavy plot these days. How big of a chunk of the game does that stuff take up? How much is it compared to Gothic 2 for example?
>>
>>389631235
I don't remember really any heavy text/conversation at all. So if that's your hang-up, you should be alright.
>>
>>389621573
It's not about comparing it to 1 and expecting a final boss.
It was rpg done right. And that works better with a simpler end than "hero fights monster"
>>
>>389630334
A hacked Xbox360 is like $100 and there are about 50-60 exclusives for it. There are torrents for every game on it. It's worth a buy.

>>389631319
Thanks. I'll give them a go then. I already have them, they were just low on the list.
>>
>>389620872
I love TLC and played it many times. A while I go, I tried Anniversary, but the menu was too clunky for PC, so I dropped it.
>>
Why are there so much Fable threads lately, all the time I see them, and honestly the games just aren't that good, sure I enjoy them and have a special place for them but the best thing about them is their promise.

>>389625167
Brightwall is one of the best locations in any of the Fable games, that's for sure.

>>389631235
You can skip convos, there isn't much of a story, the game is quite short if you just follow the story too.
>>
i haven't played this, but i own it on steam, is it really that good?
>>
>>389631235
There's less spoken text than Gothic 2, and it's much less complex too, with fewer important characters and very isolated quests, it'll go very easy on your mind really.

It's more funny than it is deep.
>>
>>389631606

Its not about what they were.

Its what they could have been.
>>
>>389631670
Are they good to play while I listen to podcasts/audio books in the BG? I was on a Dark Souls binge recently and I loved that I could do that.
>>
File: 1399778883368.gif (2MB, 330x275px) Image search: [Google]
1399778883368.gif
2MB, 330x275px
>>389631703
>>
>>389620872
1 > 2 > 3

Haven't played The Journey but I can assume it's dog shit
>>
>>389625167

I have to agree - Fable III visuals & OST are great and they're from that industrial revolution time that games rarely touch upon or go full steampunk retard about.

That said the gameplay in the game is no excuse, and that what kept me from replaying it.
>>
>>389631809
Well the music is good, and NPCs throw a lot of banter around, that is an integral part of the atmosphere. If you're missing on that, you may as well not play it.
>>
>>389630160

The fun fact about Fable - if you ever watched Kim Justice documentary about Peter Molyneux and Fable series it was eye opening how little crunch time they had between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3. MS replaced all the middle management with their people and instead of letting things iron out over months they pushed for release. Apparently 2 was not meant to be so simplified, 3 was meant to be longer and some of the locations were more crucial than you might think.

Too bad we got what we got. A remaster would be nice or Director's cut.
>>
I can't understand how did they manage to fuck up the combat this much.
>>
>>389632452
Speaking about 3 though.
>>
>>389620872
>fable 2
>annoying dog that got in the way so much that the best option was to keep it dead
>the main antagonist is killed in a QTE scene no matter your alignment and the game credits roll
FUCK YOU FABLE 2 YOU PIECE OF SHIT! I WANT MY CHRISTMAS BACK!
>>
>>389622463
This is the only correct post.
>>
>>389622463
this
>>
>>389632440
No need for any documentary, the plain facts are enough.

Peter Molyneux was no longer game designer on Fable games, nor really was he working at Lionhead anymore. He was creative director for Microsoft Games in Europe, and later worldwide. He was seen as a "touch this game and it becomes gold" guy, except he wasted most of his time in meetings and visiting other studios, and didn't even touch games anymore. The ones responsible for Fable games being so bad are the Schaeffer brothers, that were in charge when Molyneux was away, while Molyneux pretty much didn't touch Fable games and was just presenting them at conferences. The games were pretty much left without a strong director, nor any director at all, neither had it a precise focus, which caused the games to make frequent visits to development hell.

No wonder why he had a meltdown and left Lionhead to start again from scratch with a tiny studio.

Also motherfucking thread theme: https://youtu.be/b7rWs92CK7k?t=149
>>
>>389622774
So did I, it's one of my favourite games. Never played 1, and not played much of 2.
>>
File: 1428851272906.jpg (47KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1428851272906.jpg
47KB, 330x319px
>>389620872
>mfw PCfags will never EVER play Fable II
>>
>>389632881
How is that funny? Neither will you play it again because all 360s have long burned down homes.
>>
>>389632827

Yeah pretty much what happened. Not to mention apparently after 1st game, Microsoft started destroying the creative team's workflow by introducing the "corporate standards" to the team, resulting in the loss of anything resembling polish or care.

Peter would pop up and sometimes add an idea or two but that was it. Road to Rule? Pete's idea. The in-game menus? Pete's idea. Not the best choices but if they were to be refined I'm sure they would've worked. But nope. Fable 3 had a year of dev time. Funny thing is that Fable 2 before release was so buggy it crashed a lot, the crunch time was insane to get it 'stable enough' for release.

Apparently 3 had a much more bigger 2nd act with much more sinister happenings, just they ran out of time and put in the very rudementary "If you have this much gold and fulfilled all the promises, you're good."
>>
>>389632881
I am just waiting for Xbox emulation.
>>
>>389632881
It's a blessing really the game is fucking garbage.
>>
>>389632827
I forgot how great the soundtrack was, thank you anon, my favorite part must be the bit after 2:40
>>
>>389620872
I just want Fable 4. Fuck off with your indie shit, Phil.
>>
>>389620872
Fable was shitty because broken promises.
Fable was great when shitty Fable II came out and dumbed everything down.
Fable II was great when shitty Fable III came out and dumbed everything down.
>>
brb reinstalling Fable TLC.
brb replaying Fable TLC because it was already installed.
>>
File: Fable.jpg (104KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
Fable.jpg
104KB, 600x837px
>tfw can't marry Whisper
>>
File: 1504092853306.png (238KB, 425x533px) Image search: [Google]
1504092853306.png
238KB, 425x533px
>>389634843
>wanting to marry Whisper
>wanting to marry a nigger
She was the worst character in that game.
>>
I should give Fable Anniversary a try one of these days, just to see if it really is as shit as everyone says. Bought it for like three bucks or something from some sale.
>>
File: Fable-Lady_Grey.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fable-Lady_Grey.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>389634843
>>389635024
Should have had an evil option of making Whisper your slave if you spared her. Also for your sister, because letting silly blind people run around and fuck up because they think they are the cleverest is a bigger crime anyway.
>can't marry Briar Rose even if she becomes interested in the MC by the end of TLC if you didn't kill her
>>
File: no face.jpg (41KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
no face.jpg
41KB, 342x298px
>>389635701
>Married zombie grey in fable 2
>One of my child turned out being black
Bitch
>>
>>389636749
The child just inherited your black heart genetics but for his skin.
>>
>>389621320
fpbp
>>
>>389622463
spbp
>>
Fable 1 is the best one but none of the games are really that good in the first place.
>>
>>389638956
>second post
You fucking retard
>>
>>389626218
The Fable series has always kinda been "Wasted Potential: The Game" one after another but with 3 it's just the most obvious.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.