[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Switch carts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 392
Thread images: 37

File: nintendo.jpg (142KB, 909x1019px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo.jpg
142KB, 909x1019px
What do you think of Switch carts?
>>
Is it gonna be the same price as PS4 and Xbox if I bought digitally?
>>
File: 019.png (306KB, 553x368px) Image search: [Google]
019.png
306KB, 553x368px
>>389617470
>it's a twitter screencap thread
>>
File: cartoon_cephalopods.png (380KB, 590x666px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon_cephalopods.png
380KB, 590x666px
>>389617470
N64 all over again.
>>
>>389617470
Average game nowadays is around 32gb or less, some asshole developers who crave polygons and uncompressed video and sound files will hate it though. Fuck those assholes who do that shit.

I find it nicer on Switch to buy games physically instead of on PS4 where you buy a physical game and it installs it which means wasting space and having to delete games afterwards.
>>
>>389618128
>Average game nowadays is around 32gb or less
It's actually around 40GB.
>>
>>389618128
>Average game nowadays is around 32gb
Guess you don't play that many games
>>
>Making this thread
>Again
>>
Nice proof he's got there
>>
>>389618128
A simple Musou from 2013 is 14~20GB.
I wish developers compressed videos better but they simply want to please the 4K audience.
>>
>>389618285
>SD card costs 60% more than a 50 Gb bluray
>Bluray costs 5 cents to make
>60% more is 8-9 cents in total
And nintendo is to blame. The digital price is probably 10 dollars more too.
>>
Solid state is better than optical. Would rather pay $10 and have barely any loading time than 2 minute loading screens for slightly cheaper.
>>
>>389618447
There is only one reason why SD games are more expensive: Nintendo don't make deals with third party. They demand their cut and that's it, no talk.
I can't think of any reasonable reason why SD games are more expensive but I knew this would happen.
>>
>>389618902
looks like you've had some practice with mental gymnastics to make up for nintendo's shortcomings over the years. keep working hard maybe you'll be a world champion someday
>>
>>389617470
>it will take em from cents to like 2$ dollars
>Price it at 10$
HA
>>
>>389619174
>Solid state is better than optical.
>Mental gymnastics
That's cold fact anon. There's a reason why PC builds treat disk drives as optional features these days.

Partially because games do nothing anyways.
>>
>>389619081
>They demand their cut and that's it, no talk.
unlikely when small time publisher dont go scalping 10$

its more like 3rd party use the ignorance/ lack of hard numbers to blame it on the card and rank up the price
>>
>>389619431
>Bought SSD for PS4
>almost no loading
>buy day 1 digital games on Russia/Singapore PSN
>They cost 30~60% less
>I still get trophies on my main account
feelsgood
>>
>>389619482
Why would Rockstar do it? they are cheap and dirty as fuck but they want to sell their games on Switch. They wouldn't hire a team to optimize a 360/PS3 code on Switch just to end up selling 40k units
>>
>>389619431
>i-i don't mind paying extra for nintendo games m-maybe they'll load better...gee i sure hope they can optimize nintendo hardware this time
>i-it's okay that the wii-u had such a short lifespan, t-that's the price of pregress i guess
>i-i'd rather the wii not get boring multiplats and instead have innovative titles with m-motion control
>o-online multiplayer? w-who needs it when i have melee? n-not me...
>wow, look at all those incredible rpgs for ps1, I sure hope we get something good for...o-oh, quest 64...? y-yeah, haha, looks neat, thanks nintendo!

What a pathetic excuse for a life.
>>
>blame the Switch carts

Fake news. They did this in the Wii U era as well. Remember Deus Ex? It launched twenty dollars higher on Wii U than the other consoles despite that version being built specifically for it with unique features.

Besides we've been noticing the price hike with smaller games as well.
>>
>>389619598
>just to end up selling 40k units
thats the point, Upping the price 10$ meas that even the game sell less it will still make more, that is a 16% extra income.

so if a target Net sales is say 1M$

60$ Price tag = 16,666K copies
70$ Price tag = 14,285K copies

also if the blame is "having to buy bulks of SD cards" that is also short sight, sales or planed longer revenue

short sight means that even if the game sell low, they plan that with even low sale they pay off the investment

longer revenues is cause if they need to sell 60% of the stock to pay off, the other 40% that extra 10$ is pure profit without any extra work

TL;DR: Jews
>>
>>389619598
If the Wii U is any indication, they want this game to bomb so that they can tell their shareholders that their 'future isn't on Nintendo platforms."
>>
>>389617470
That's disappointing. I thought the reason they switched back to carts was because they can hold more than discs and load faster but I guess not.
>>
>>389620120
The switched to carts because disc readers on a portable are a joke. Power hogs and prone to fucking up, what with being moving parts.

Not that it really matters. Most games make you install to the harddive anyway, so discs are really just a physical DRM. More convenient than downloading through their shitty online services, though, so there's still that.
>>
Man I wish Nintendo would put a bluray drive on a portable.
>>
I will be upset if a first/second party Nintendo game will require me to get an SD card. Otherwise, who cares?
>>
>>389617470
>Rewriteable 50GB BD cost about $4 on the consumer market
>60% more is about $6
>Somehow this justify an extra $10
>and its Nintendo fault
>>
>>389619924
imagine being this autistic
>>
Discs are shit.
>>
>>389617470
>it costs 60% more for them to put a game on a cartridge compared to a bluray
So it costs like five cents more?

So they lose like 0.1% of their total profit?

This justifies a 16% price increase?

No, fuck that. The real reason the price is higher is that they know they can get away with it by using the cartridges as a pretense.
>>
>>389620272
That makes sense. I wonder what the default cart size is if 32gb costs more
>>
>>389620492
imagine looking at nearly two decades of unadulterated failure on nintendo's part and realizing you have no rebuttal so you sperg out and call the person who said these things autistic
>>
>>389620540
Keep in mind that no actual publisher is coming forward and addressing the discrepancy. Nintendo confirmed that it is the third parties that set the price for their Switch games, yet we're seeing retards like ZhugeEX try to push this narrative that this is somehow Nintendo's fault.
>>
>>389617470
So if they need to charge $10 more, that means a 50GB bluray disc costs publishers about $16.66 each. That's bullshit because I can buy a 10 pack of 50GB 6x speed (same as a PS4) blu ray discs for about $17 on Amazon.
>>
>>389620492
Sadly that'd literally Nintendo fans who defend Nintendos every action. Nintendos dead to me. I've had enough Mario and Zelda in my lifetime to not worry about not being able to play them. Until Nintendo makes a serious console for once, I'm done with them.
>>
>>389620704
imagine not reading posts you reply to
>>
File: v will defend.jpg (1MB, 2628x2768px) Image search: [Google]
v will defend.jpg
1MB, 2628x2768px
>>389620098
nah I don't believe in any conspiracy against Nintendo
Just look at how Reggie thinks their fans are consumers and how bad Nintendo of Japan refuse to hire people to make a F-zero game
Back on the Wii U days they really wanted to get in the Wii U train and even EA/Ubisoft ported some games
>>
>>389617470
Paying more for better loading and reading times is perfectly reasonable.
>>
but Nintendo never drops prices on regular games any fucking way even if that shit is 2-4 years old, pass the $50 bitch
>>
>>389617470
I already played LA Noire and the dev is gone so whatever
>>
>>389617765
This is a good question
>>
>>389620876
denial aint a river in egypt bitch
>>
>>389617816
This one is actually a relevant video game related post though.
>>
>>389621058
I bought that expensive Luigi Wii U DLC for Super Mario Bros Wii U and then I realized it has time limit... I tried to get a refund but no luck. A few months later I sold my Wii U. Unfortunately I to this day I realize people have faith in Nintendo.
>>
>>389621138
imagine still being buttblasted but still seeking (You)s
>>
>>389620928
This picture bugs me specifically because someone actually bought that Valkyria game
>>
>>389620780
Yeah, Zhuge's line of reasoning here is utter bullshit. Two things are happening here:

One, Rockstar realizes that they can increase the price of this game by $10 and retards like Zhuge will defend them for it for F R E E.

Two, Rockstar doesn't think L.A Noire is going to sell very well on the Switch (rightfully so, because L.A. Noire is garbage), so they're increasing the price in order to try and maximize the amount of money they make from the few people who do buy it.

Actually, there's a third, too:

3, Rockstar is intentionally trying to dumpster this game's chances of success so that they have an excuse for not porting more games to the Switch later down the road.
>>
>>389617470
This makes sense. The PSVita games that were also on the PS4 were also more expensive than their PS4 counterparts because of the nature of carts and discs.
>>
>>389621303
I can't tell if you're serious or not with this.
Are you talking about manufacturing costs? Because Vita games are always ~$20 cheaper than their PS4 counterparts with very few exceptions.
>>
>>389621303
That's false for last 2 years at least. Every single vita game is cheaper. Ys VIII on Vita I found 15 dollars cheaper, Dragon Quest warriors II too and even pre-order games like Secret of Mana
>>
>60% higher cost than a bluray
>a bluray probably costs less than a fucking dollar for a publisher
Where's the ten bucks come from
>>
>>389617470
So by this reasoning, the digital release should be $10 cheaper than the physical
>>
>>389621303
>The PSVita games that were also on the PS4 were also more expensive than their PS4 counterparts because of the nature of carts and discs

What the fuck are you high?
>>
>>389617470
Like it or not, they're essential.
>putting a disc in something meant to move around a lot
Those portable cd players and the PSP UMDs sure did work out great, right?
>>
complete horseshit. it's entirely because of it being nintendo branded.
>>
>>389617470
Why did Nintendo even go with carts even they cost more and don't have as much storage as discs?

Don't get me wrong, I like carts and it's way more satisfying to put them in and I don't have to worry about scratching them or anything, but it just doesn't seem like a very smart decision.
>>
>>389621303
Nigger you're retarded as fuck. Vita games rarely ever go above $40 new while PS4 versions are almost always $60.
>>
>>389621282
>Two, Rockstar doesn't think L.A Noire is going to sell very well on the Switch (rightfully so, because L.A. Noire is garbage)
Game wouldn't exist if that was true.

>3, Rockstar is intentionally trying to dumpster this game's chances of success so that they have an excuse for not porting more games to the Switch later down the road.
Rockstar doesn't need an excuse. No one makes them do anything. Them porting a game to the Switch means they wanted to port a game to the Switch.
>>
>>389621537
Because they're better in every single fucking way, apart from cost
>>
>>389621282
It's also bullshit that no one but Sega and Frozenbyte (Puyo Puyo Tetris and Has Been Heroes respectively) has released a Switch game for less digitally than physically if it's just about expensive cartridges.
>>
>>389621451
No, because brick and mortar stores have threatened to boycott Nintendo's products if they do that.

They couldn't do that with Sony or Microsoft's products because S&M both have external revenue streams (and probably account for more of FUCKING Gamestop's revenue anyways). Gamestop would go out of business before Sony or Microsoft did. That's why they have such heavy discounts on their digital products.

But Nintendo? They'd disappear if they didn't move physical copies of their games, not to mention their consoles.
>>
>>389621537
>Why did Nintendo even go with carts even they cost more and don't have as much storage as discs?

It's a portable device.
>>
>>389621303
vita games are sold cheaper dude.
>>
>>389621667
I honestly forgot.

I don't have a switch.
>>
>>389617470
Wasn't this whole 'Switch version is $10 more expensive because cartridges' proven to be a load of baloney the first time that one dev tried to do it?
>>
>>389621537
>completely mobile handheld

"yeah why didn't they put in a giant fucking cd tray"

fuck off moron. in any general sense cds are an outdated, obsolete format that exist only because of america's inability to create network infrastructure that isn't complete shite. i've seen fucking seedboxes in singapore that would blow your little insignificant mind
>>
>>389621537
because to sell a chinese on the go garbage you can't afford to have a bluray reader
They could have released a Dock with blu ray reader and the tablet mode would accept SD cards
The user could transfer the Blu ray files to SD. But nintendo would charge 699 for that Blu ray dock
>>
>>389621282
>3, Rockstar is intentionally trying to dumpster this game's chances of success so that they have an excuse for not porting more games to the Switch later down the road.

This makes 0 sense
>>
>>389621767
>Dock with blu ray reader and the tablet mode would accept SD cards
That would be a fair 299 price tag
>>
File: 1500262177340.png (122KB, 956x554px) Image search: [Google]
1500262177340.png
122KB, 956x554px
>>389621303
???
>>
>>389621767
quit posting
>>
>>389621596
>Game wouldn't exist if that was true.
It would if they thought they could turn a profit by selling it for $10 more.

>Rockstar doesn't need an excuse. No one makes them do anything. Them porting a game to the Switch means they wanted to port a game to the Switch.
They have a public image to uphold and are beholden to their consumers. What looks better - "we just don't want to make games for Nintendo" or "well last time we did it nobody bought it guess the fans aren't there :^)"

>>389621771

Look don't ask me about the nebulous fucking motivations of huge, multibillion dollar corporations. EA, Ubisoft, Activision, they do this shit all the time. They want to have a good relationship with Nintendo just in case another Wii comes along and they can make a quick buck off of it, but otherwise they have little to no interest in an actual working relationship, because Nintendo doesn't take any of their bullshit. I'm amazed Rabbids Mario got made.
>>
>>389621767
You never owned a PSP, or hell, a portable CD player, did you? There's a reason people don't use discs in portable things anymore.

>SD Cards are a suitable alternative
No.
>>
>>389617470
60% isn't that bad, or have bds not yet reached commodity pricing? Should be something like 4-6usd, so nintendo is charging 6-9usd.
>>
File: puyo puyo tetris keychains.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
puyo puyo tetris keychains.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
>>389621630
And Sega at least gave you some neat keychains for paying the extra 10 bucks.
>>
>>389621943
I said the dock mode would have the blu ray reader and the screen/tablet SD cards. You inset blu ray on the dock and play blu ray while docked or transfer files to SD while on the portable mode
>>
>>389622014
Or alternatively just use a medium that is faster, more reliable and has a longer lifetime
>>
>>389621981
>or have bds not yet reached commodity pricing

For a while Sony were artificially inflating the cost of blu-ray manufacture to a rather large degree. I don't know if they are still doing that.
>>
>>389622378
that doesn't exist.
Two companies control the production of SD cards despite popular myth they are ''open format and cheap''. Even Vita games are chaper.
Releasing a dock with blu ray and a tablet with SD would fix everything and allow users to transfer their games from disc to SD card and play on the go.
>>
>>389621282
4. Theu think of Nintendo is the apple of gaming and know that Nintendodrones like to get fucked in the ass with high prices, like the Switch's accessories.
>>
>>389621981
50GB blurays are $1 or less at a consumer level. Video game publishers probably get them for 25 cents or less for buying them in huge quantities.
>>
>>389621901
>They have a public image to uphold
They are basically untouchable. They don't get phased by shit at this point.

>What looks better - "we just don't want to make games for Nintendo" or "well last time we did it nobody bought it guess the fans aren't there :^)"
That's the thing. Rockstar doesn't have to say shit. If there was no Switch version, the market wouldn't really question them. Switch owners would complain, especially after the leak, but they would also accept that as reality.
>>
>>389622518
>that doesn't exist.
But it does. They're called cartridges
>>
>>389622014
>or transfer files to SD while on the portable mode
Are you actually thinking this would be a good compromise?

>Waiting however long in order to 'transfer' data from a blu-ray to an SD card
>If not included: needing to purchase a separate SD card in order to take advantage of on of the main points of the console: being able to play on the go
>Even if included: needing to re-write the card if you want multiple games, or otherwise get a $50+ SD card to fit more than one game
>On top of needing to make the console even MORE expensive by including a Blu-ray reader in the dock (which at this point isn't a dock, it's a stationary part of the main console)
>Making it impossible to play a new switch game without first touching base at a dock and 'installing'
>Developers needing to optimize the game for load speeds on both SD card and Blu-ray
>Needing to support 3rd party SD cards or otherwise release 'official' ones in order to make use of one of the console's primary features
>Variably sized game disc's having varying requirements for the SD card
>On top of the hot monkey shit it would be keeping a system like that from getting hacked
>>
Funny how carts only seem to drive up prices against Playstation consoles.

rly mks u tink
>>
>>389622558
Then perhaps it's either bulk purchase minimums, something nintendo used to do in the 64 era, which caused similar headaches, iirc, or perhaps it's just port costs, due to different arch and hardware performance.
>>
>>389618091
Still would fuck Marina.

Still wouldn't fuck Pearl.
>>
>>389622620
>d if you want multiple games, or otherwise get a $50+ SD card to fit more than one game
That's already a problem with the current Switch. People buying multiple cards because a fucking 128GB SD card is expensive.
>Developers needing to optimize the game for load speeds on both SD card and Blu-ray
not an issue. Blu rays today are faster enough and you fix the loading issue including a 20 dollar 1TB HDD 5400rpm drive.
In theory having a PS4 portable is amazing but the storage is a huge issue plus they didn't even wait for the Tegra x2 to get cheaper so they ended up using 2014 technology that barely runs Dragon Quest Warriors II at 28fps.
>>
>>389622558
>Video game publishers probably get them for 25 cents or less for buying them in huge quantities.

Press and print will see you spending quite a bit of money. It depends on how many you are actually getting done but at the cheapest, i.e. if you are doing millions of them, you will still be paying around $1 per disc. The less you order the higher the price goes.

Manufacturers sell their recordables at very thin margins, they make the majority of their money from runs for third parties.
>>
>still having each of your games on a separate piece of plastic
Am I back in the 90s?
>>
>>389617470

I'm more intrigued by the fact that they are re-releasing 5 year old games on new consoles.
>>
>>389623294
In the dark ages of ISPs that can ban you from the internet with a simple letter and DRM the best thing are still Blurays and SD cards with the game . It's better to lose them on a flood or fire than having your library hosted on third party servers. In theory you can have the files on hard drive but the digital only service on steam constantly checks if you are authenticated and they collect data without your consent
>>
>>389623127
>Already a problem with the current switch
If you're just going to buy the game on BD then transfer to and SD card like it's an eshop purchase than why the fuck would you bother with the Blu-ray? Just buy and download it via eshop. Having a BD option in this case provides no benefit. Even if it was sensible, the point of the console is:
1. Joycons allow for different ways to play (handheld, tabletop, docked, different control schemes)
2. The Switch is 'pick up and go', so you can go quickly from playing docked to playing handheld, handheld to tabletop, and back again with no interruption.

Your solution, at best, would require pausing or restarting the game in order to move it into or out of docked mode, purely for the sake of having BD's instead of cartridges. A layer of abstraction away from cartridges for the sole purpose of relying on BD's instead is stupid. It's like you're blasting a hole through a mountain because it's cheaper to lay road than to build a bridge, despite the entire tunnel building process costing more than building the bridge. I'm not gonna get anywhere convincing you otherwise, though, since you don't want to be convinced.
>>
>>389623445
Oh yes, all this super sensitive data collected by online game services. Man, it sure sucks that they know what achievements i got!
>>
>>389617470
Doesn't the Switch only have like 32GB?
>>
>>389623419
7 year old
>>389623501
>why the fuck would you bother with the Blu-ray?
Cheaper games. You can buy almost every single PS4 day 1 release for less than 40 dollars on the internet (physical copy). You just need to wait a few weeks to arrive.
>>
I remember LRG saying the 4GB Vita carts were around 3x the cost of a 25GB Bluray disk to produce so I'm surprised the 32GB Switch carts are only 60% more than a 50GB Bluray.
Also if it's only a 60% cost difference then it seems weird how publishers are already starting to release boxed copies that only have download slips installed like for that NBA game.

>>389623419
Consoles from here on out are going to be backwards compatible because nobody is using any obscure architecture like the cell anymore so they're jumping on the re-releases now while they still can. If they were to wait much longer people would be expecting full blown remakes instead of upscaled or slightly prettier re-releases.
>>
>>389620928
>Valkyria Revolution
$29.99
That game was such trash, holy shit. Like how do you take a working formula involving firearms, add things to it, and yet somehow make it worse. I bought it on a whim because I saw it for $10, I haven't regretted a game this much since I bought the collectors edition of Two Worlds on the 360.
>>
>>389623419
Game development is now run by megacorps.
The only goal a megacorp has is to earn as much money as possible, which means never taking risks (since you can lose money on a risky decision).
What's safer than selling a game that's already earned tons of money?
>>
File: scared.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
so i dont own a switch i want to buy it but there is somethiing i been wondering so how is the average switch game size in digitall, does the switch has an internal memory, if i buy a physical game does that mean that i dont have to install the game in the switch like in a ps4?
please no bully
>>
>>389617470
shit loads faster. no fucking install. pretty alright with that.
>>
Another nintendo console without 3rd party.
>>
Nintendo jumped on the flash storage physical media a but too early, though it was necessary for the switch. Flash Storage WILL be the new standard once it cheapens up a bit more
>>
File: videogames-under-fascism.jpg (113KB, 1204x1203px) Image search: [Google]
videogames-under-fascism.jpg
113KB, 1204x1203px
>>389617470

of course a fucking memory card is going to be more expensive, but it has several positives as well.

1 - less likely to die, as we've seen lots of CDs are already dying due to disc rot

2 - don't require moving parts in the hardware, so the disc drive / laser dying won't affect Switch hardware

3 - solid state loads faster than a disc

4 - Nintendo doesn't have to pay royalties to Sony for its Blu-Ray technology

5 - it's smaller + more portable and less power consuming than a disc

6 - if a blu-ray costs $2 to print and a memory card costs 60% more, wouldn't that mean the memory card only costs $3.20?

Or did this Ahmad guy get it wrong and it costs 600% - $12? That would make a lot more sense.
>>
>>389617470
I knew this will be the excuse.
>>
File: switch nba piece of shit.jpg (107KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
switch nba piece of shit.jpg
107KB, 1000x1000px
>>389624026
I can't speak for third party devs, but Nintendo is notorious for being wizards when it comes to keeping the file size low. Even a massive game like BOTW is only ~13 gigs. Splatoon 2 is ~6.
You don't have to install data with a Switch cart unless they explicitly tell you so on the box, like with that trash NBA game.
>>
>>389618285
Why are you laughing?
Did you just now get the memo?

This has been happening with physical releases on Switch for the entire half year it's been available.
>>
>>389624264
It being smaller also leads to all Switch game packaging being smaller not only helping Switch game boxes to stand out from the rest but also overall reducing plastic costs and consumption for making said boxes as well as allowing for bigger shipments and thus cutting down on shipment costs.
>>
>>389624338
compression is a lost art.
>>
>>389624338

3rd party devs are notoriously lazy when it comes to optimization. Look at some of the PS1 game save file sizes, some games took up an entire fucking memory card.
>>
>>389617470
Gee, I dunno, maybe make your game fit on 8 or 16 GB carts you dirty piece of shit lazy ass dev.
>>
>>389624338
Not wizards just not wasteful.
>>
>>389624478

another good point

plus they're not even printing manuals anymore, these penny-pinching assholes (across the board) want to go all digital and charge you the same price as a physical copy.
>>
>>389624481
Nowadays it's more about optimized production pipelines and careful choices in art direction and media formats than it is about compression.
>>
>>389624338

>American video game
>Cover features a large blackman, spread eagle
>>
>>389624338
If you want to see wizardry, check out what SHINEN did with the 40MB limit on Wii.
>>
>>389618091

Yolandi?
>>
>>389624264
the important points are 2 and 5, for a portable console this is pretty important
>>
>>389624594
More devs should go the Binding of Isaac way and instead include fun stuff like stickers with the physical editions.

Reward those that pay for your shelf presence.
>>
>>389624613
>Wanting a white guy featured on a basketball game

haha
>>
>>389620565
I don't think there is a default
usual increments but there's pressure on the devs to get the whole game under 4gb, 8gb, 16gb and so on
It's the same with BluRay but to a lesser degree, they still have rigid limits to stick to because games need to be under a limit for digital, but the cost difference between disc and cart is worlds apart
>>
tasty
>>
>>389624523
>blaming the devs for your shit console choices
you mad cause your prices aint rad
>>
>>389624493
>get a Sims game for the gamecube for christmas
>takes up whole space of a small memory card
>can't even start up the game without creating a save file
Only some months later I found out that cheap 3rd party memory cards exist and bought one
>>
>>389617470
redpill me on this guy and why should I trust kongmeme
>>
>>389624264
>Or did this Ahmad guy get it wrong and it costs 600% - $12? That would make a lot more sense.
He means total cost of production going by his twitter. Here's the replies that follow:

>A 60% increase on a 50GB Blue Ray is $1 more. They are charging you 10 extra.
>It’s more than $1. Considerably more. Bear in mind i’m including all licensing fees and other packaging costs in this number.
https://twitter.com/acerunner3/status/905990626218569728

He just posted that like 30 minutes ago so maybe he'll go into more detail later.

Going to use some made up numbers here. So assuming a 50GB PS4 game costs $5 to both produce and in licensing costs per each game manufactured, a switch game being 60% more would cost them $8 each. That could add up pretty fast.
Also in the PS1 days I think the licensing fee was a flat $5 per disk, so I bet that number has only went up since then. So expect my made up numbers to be a way low lowball of costs.
>>
File: 1504735469783.jpg (104KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1504735469783.jpg
104KB, 803x688px
>>389624338
>Even a massive game like BOTW
>Overworld is just the same grass brushed everywhere
>Every single shrine has the same theme and uses the same assets
>Every single divine beast has uses the same assets
>8 unique mobs with the rest being reskins
>A combined total of 10 minutes of voice acting
>A combined total of 15 minutes of music
Gee, they sure are wizards alright!
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (49KB, 692x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
49KB, 692x214px
>theoretically, 800,000 lifetime Switch units are sold-in (READ: NOT SOLD OUT, AS IN "SOLD TO CONSUMERS")
>going off of of the (admittedly dated) Forbes article at the end of this post, production fees for physical copies of games are roughly $3 per game, making Switch licensing fees $1.80 extra per copy
>$1.44 MILLION DOLLARS extra cost for the Switch version, not to mention costs for learning the new hardware, new devkits, etc.

That's a lot of money to recoup. Personally I think $10 is too much, since they could get away with either charging only $5 more, or charged $10 more universally and included some cheap pack-ins, like playing cards, a mini-soundtrack, etc.
>>
>>389624882
Nah brah, the one thing I -am- mad about concerning the Switch carts is that they don't offer any of the luxuries of past era cartridges.

They don't feature actual RAM blocks, so shit still has to load into memory, and they don't offer space for save games on the carts.

And they're too small to fit extra chipsets inside for novel design ideas like Wario Ware Twist, Boktai and all the other shit you saw on GBC and GBA.
>>
File: lies on the internet.jpg (61KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
lies on the internet.jpg
61KB, 475x356px
>>389625081
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzNek4MfK5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHVzJGWSG80
>>
>>389625157
HOW DID I FORGET THE ARTICLE
https://www.forbes.com/2006/12/19/ps3-xbox360-costs-tech-cx_rr_game06_1219expensivegames.html
>>
>>389623068
>Pearl
>Harbor
>>
>>389625081
>uses hyperbole to prove point
>>
>>389617470
>billion dollar corporations charging ludicrous amounts of money for games they already fucking made
>Rockstar can't front the cost of Switch carts when they didn't even make or change the game at all, so instead the game costs ten dollars more
Yes, blame Nintendo, not Jewstar.
>>
>>389625175
You're talking about tech that would no longer work, the speed of the ram inside the Switch is aeons greater than the speed of the rom cart, 100MB/s vs 25GB/s. A lot of the functionality added in gba carts is now built into the Switch itself. It's worth abandoning on cart rom saves for per system saves on many levels.

It was great for the time though.
>>
I thought this was interesting:

>Your game needs to be less than 8GB (because 8GB carts are cheaper) if you want to make the same margin as PS4/XB1 Blu-Ray disc.
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/905945947078885377
>>
HOLD ON

HOLD UP

WAIT
JUST
A
MINUTE

YOU TELLIN ME

OPTICAL MEDIA

THAT HAS EXISTED FOR DECADES

OPTICAL MEDIA

THOSE BIG FUCKING CIRCLES THAT GET SCRATCHED TO SHIT, TAKE FUCKING FOREVER TO READ DATA FROM, CAN'T HANDLE RANDOM SEEKS AT ALL, AND READ DATA AT DIFFERENT SPEEDS FROM DIFFERENT SECTORS

YOU TELLIN ME

IS LESS EXPENSIVE?!?!?!?!

THAN FLASH CARTS?

THAT ARE BASICALLY TINY SOLID STATE DRIVES?

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHSGGWKEHFUWORV;%×<
>>
>>389625695
>>389625695
>>389625695

LISTEN TO THIS GUY EVERYONE HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!
>>
File: another point.jpg (116KB, 1200x672px) Image search: [Google]
another point.jpg
116KB, 1200x672px
>>389625670
There more good games with a file size lower than 8GB than there are good games with a file size higher than that.
>>
Ridiculously regressive move back to a standard of technology that was obsolete 20 years ago when Nintendo tried it last, and hugely indicative of the problems Nintendo faces on a macro level when trying to design products for the modern industry.
>>
>>389625670
>rime is 4.25gb
>still $10 more than other platforms in physical form

This confirms it, it's just the jew jewing it up.
>>
>>389620928
>he thinks printing a manual in this day and age is somehow needed and would justify the price
Kid, printing a manual costs close to nothing, and no one uses them either way.
>>
Carts have always been superior not to mention far more collectible than a stupid fucking disc that will get scratched easily or rot in a couple decades. There's a reason why stuff like nes and snes games stay valuable and the same thing will happen to the switch 20 years from now. Best choice by far.
>>
>>389625863
>flash memory is less technologically advanced than fucking CDs
k retard
>>
>>389625865
So is this twitter fuck just pulling shit out of his ass?
>>
>>389624481
>>389624493
it's justified for some games like rpgmaker
>>
>>389617470
Oh, cool, an e-celeb thread. Thanks, nu-/v/
>>
File: kamiya glasses.png (208KB, 410x453px) Image search: [Google]
kamiya glasses.png
208KB, 410x453px
>>389625863
>blu ray discs have such low read speeds that with the current gen, you're forced to install every game directly to the hard drive
But somehow they're the way to go and sd cards that let you just put the game in and play, which was the big argument in favor of consoles and against PC no less than 5 years ago, are obsolete because the poor, innocent multimillion dollar company has to pay a little more to make them.
>>
>>389625204
now show every other huge triple aaa game
>>
>>389618091
Man, people really suck at drawing hands
>>
>>389625695
so devs getting screwed over is ok just because you dont want the games start up to be 20 seconds insted of 10
>>
>>389625987
Nope. Dude is an analyst and has info we don't.
On his twitter others pointed out an instance of a 2GB game that was also $10 more expensive on switch than elsewhere and he said it shouldn't be the case.

I bet it's a combo of publishers being jews and them giving the switch the "new console tax" of making everything as expensive as possible since with little variety to buy people will buy anything.
>>
>>389626236

Devs aren't your friend, anon.
>>
>>389625975
wrong games on discs look better and run better and doesn't fuck over devs
>>
File: 1500306215449.jpg (107KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500306215449.jpg
107KB, 800x800px
>>389626167
I was almost entirely sure those were added in by some other schmuck, but it was actually just a WIP shot
>>
>>389626098
I didn't defend Blu-Ray discs you strawmanning faggot. You cannot pretend that individual cartridges are in any way an acceptable move in an industry rapidly heading for a digital-download marketplace standard.
>>
>>389626320

Show your working.
>>
>>389624026
Average file size normally ranges between 4 and 15 GB, Switch has build in 32 GB, but I got a 120 GB SD card and I don't think I'll have to think about expanding it any time soon - I can easily cram probably 20 or 30 bigger and smaller games on it, and with a few titles on carts, I'm set to go.
>>
File: 1476818535554.jpg (67KB, 521x697px) Image search: [Google]
1476818535554.jpg
67KB, 521x697px
>>389626098
>no less than 5 years ago
Let's be honest, that is bullshit and we both know it, I had a ps3 since the beginning and it was always a pain in the ass having to install the games and download the patches that sony brings up every week for their games, even each time after they launched versions with more space, games just kept getting also bigger and bigger sizes.
The "put the game in and play" is the shittiest lie every console onlyfag has come up since the last gen.
>>
>>389626317
devs are better because they dont screw us as much as ninten sony and mirco
>>
>>389626404

The alternative for the Switch would be repeating Sony's faliure with the UMD.

And your previous post implies carts went away.
>>
>>389625987
I'd say no, the price difference for LA Noire is $10 on a 32GB cart, whereas the price difference for Rime is $10 on an 8GB Cart, Skyrim Switch and Skyrim VR have the same price, the VR content for Skyrim VR is not a significant increase in price, and Skyrim Switch is definitely going to be bigger than an 8GB cart. Jews gonna Jew.
>>
>>389626560
But would you be willing to spend $10-$20 more for a cartridge on every game you play? What about when devs start realizing they don't need to compress their files, which they already don't do on CDs or downloads, and you need to buy a game with 2 or 3 cartridges worth of data?
Have people really forgotten that the N64's cartridge fuckery was what led to Playstation and disc-based platforms dominating the market? How do you not see this cycle repeating itself.
>>
>>389626563

They're the same.

Both will screw you out of every penny they can.
>>
>>389626825
yeah but one jews the jew and you in multiple ways
the other just jews you with dlc
>>
>>389626574
>The alternative for the Switch would be repeating Sony's faliure with the UMD.
Which Nintendo also already tried with their cucked Gamecube proprietary discs.

Unsurprisingly, the Gamecube did poorly in its generation, with a big complaint being games that lacked the scope of the huge worlds coming out on established normal fucking discs.

Nintendo refusing to modernize their products and instead insisting on pandering to child and casual demographics with products built more around gimmicks than quality design specs is going to kill the fucking company, and already has killed several of their would-be IPs. The Switch is, against all odds, selling well right now but that Wii cash safety net is not going to hold up indefinitely, not when Sony and Microsoft are set to carve up the entire industry between them.
>>
File: 1504831701099.gif (3MB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1504831701099.gif
3MB, 250x243px
>switch is getting another last gen port instead of a new game
>>
>>389626167
Have you tried to draw hands?
>>
>>389627036
The last three Nintendo generations have been iterations on the Gamecube, why would devs invest in making new games if they can just port them forward?
>>
>>389626574
>The alternative for the Switch would be repeating Sony's faliure with the UMD.

Legit question; what exactly is wrong with the UMD?
>>
>>389626293
>has info we don't
>just says conflicting evidence of other games obviously not needing 32GB having the exact same $10 bump "shouldn't be the case"
So is this twitter fuck just pulling shit out of his ass? I'm assuming he's actually predicted or leaked something or has some actual position that makes him credible and not just some random guy farting in the wind. $10 bumps seem odd in a world where carts have traditionally gotten away with being $20 less than their console disc counterparts, even taking into account carts becoming more expensive more quickly with larger storage spaces.
>>
>>389626982

>The Gamecube is a handheld

lol

Do you want a Blu-Ray drive in the Switch?
>>
>>389627115
Proprietary discs that don't have the storage capacity to do anything with and are stupid expensive because proprietary.
Makes publishing a bitch and aftermarket buying suck ass, and doesn't even have the technical benefits of cartridges.

This especially fucks Jap devs, since a lot of Japanese devs tend to self-publish in Japan meaning that you have shitty returns on a system nobody fucking owns anyways.
>>
>>389626982
>Nintendo refusing to do exactly what the other companies are doing, therefore giving their systems no reason to exist, is going to kill them
Do you really think a Nintendo box that didn't have any unique functions would perform nearly as well as a device that has a reason to exist, rather than a property PC with a forced OS?
>>
>>389626743
I'm not willing to spend at all, $10-$20 is also a lot more than what it cost them to use cards of bigger sizes, remember when Capcom tried to pull this bullshit too with Revelaitons? thanks to the backlash they toned down the price again before release and the game was still as profitable for Capcom, this is just kikery of companies that want to overload their profits.
>Have people really forgotten that the N64's cartridge fuckery
They were a lot more expensive and never could hope to hold half as much data as a CD.
>>
>>389627115
Moving parts in a portable device.
>>
>>389627115
>proprietary format playable on exactly one device despite being labeled a Universal Media Disc
>disc drive is a mechanical device that uses up a lot of juice and is prone to failure of its moving parts
>because it's portable, has the same problem music CD players had where jostling them can cause skipping
>has all the typical disc loading time problems
>>
>>389626743
Developers compress their files, this is just a meme spouted largely by the unimformed, a few games had uncompressed audio a while back to save cpu cycles on the Xbox 360. Actually the big crime now is that pre rendered cutscenes are back, but not in the way you think, many games render scenes that look and should be real time but are pre rendered, Wolfenstein and I think Doom are notorious for this, probably to ensure that the framerate stays consistent, really lazy dev bullshit.

The amount of textures used and the resolution of textures also caused a massive jump, for a conventional game light on pre rendered cinematics, even with extensive audio you're looking at around half the storage space being just textures.

>>389626982
Nintendo don't need that Wii cash safety net, they made back what they lost on the WiiU/3ds/newhq on the back of riding them out.
>>
File: 1503372584249.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503372584249.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>389627250
huh.... neat i learned something new today.
>>
>>389627115

They drained the battery, they took nine months to load, they were noisy, fell apart easily, were big and could scratch.
>>
>>389627068
Yes. I'm a handfag.
>>
>>389627170
>the switch is a handheld
Literal autism. You are living in a child's gimmicky fantasy land. And yes, the switch is 2 and a Half Gamecubes. Get over it.
As for what I want as an alternative, let the Switch alone. It isn't a fucking farce like the WiiU. But the next Nintendo console needs to be a serious competitor in the vein of the N64, actually trying to claim a meaningful chunk of the core gaming industry, and not a gimmick box marketed and developed like an actual toy.
>>
>>389627358
Don't forget that noise every time the PSP tried to load something.
>VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>389620441
>>Rewriteable 50GB BD cost about $4 on the consumer market

Who the fuck buys rewriteable for permanent writes?
>>
>>389621759
Singapore is a city, America is a big country.
>>
>>389627275
If that Nintendo box had a reason to exist that wasn't "to make your mom buy you a new toy", they could easily re-dominate the industry. They have the IPs to do so, but they continue to churn out Gamecubes like Sega churned out 32Xs.
They need to focus on making a viable, powerful competitive machine first and a gimmick box second or not at all.
A big thing would be bringing back couch co-op, which Nintendo wants to do but keeps shooting themselves in the foot by making retarded gimmick systems people don't like to play.

>>389627362
Nintendo is still living off the safety net it made in the Wii era. The 3DS and Switch are now helping, but if they pull another WiiU they could be in for a bad time. It's not that they can't float the losses, its that they keep losing ground in the game of technological advancement.
>>
File: 1503885110565.png (346KB, 574x474px) Image search: [Google]
1503885110565.png
346KB, 574x474px
>>389627372
>could scratch

Pffft...wait what???
Then why do they have those weird plastic things around the disc.
My friend had one and yeah all that descript fit the bill, but i figured since it was covered in plastic it wouldve atleast protect it from scratches.
What causes that?
>>
>>389618193
According to which statistics?
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 580x388px
>>389626324
>Hands are still inferior to everything else
>>
>>389627431

If you want to split hairs and say the Switch is a console with a handheld mode then go for it, but facts are that it has a handheld mode and a disk drive isn't suitable.

And the idea that you can just jump in and try to split the same audiance and Microsoft and Sony three ways is absured. You'd be looking at a similar situation as to when Microsoft tried to break into the Japanese market.
>>
>>389626324
>dude we're tough so we flip off the camera xD
When will this end?
>>
>>389627715
Nintendo made money over that timespan, and they have very very very deep pockets, the only danger Nintendo are in is the looming danger of a nuclear war with North Korea, and maybe Japan being on a fault line.
>>
>>389627919
also it's like one of those unconfident flip offs too, like "s-should i just flip off the camera? i-is mom watching"?

I'd rather her do a peace sign or whatever.
>>
Why is /v/ literally getting mad about the Switch is doing well?
>>
>>389627850
Oh yeah because Nintendo was never the single largest force in the international gaming industry, that's absurd

And the Switch isn't a handheld, or a console with a handheld mode. It's a gimped fucking gimmick box clearly born out of boardroom meetings from ignorant out of touch corporate heads compiling a checklist of features they could market to the kids.
>>
>>389627143
He's an actual analyst. From his profile
>I tweet about the Video Games industry. Analyst at Niko Partners. Covering the digital games market in China & Southeast Asia.

The reason why the switch has $60 games on par with the price of console games is entirely because of cart cost, and the games it has are the same as the console counterparts on other systems. Carts have always had worse margins compared to disks too.
Handheld games started by being cheaper because they used to be smaller scaled games with less development costs and budget than the console counterparts. It used to be that they'd make a console version, and a separate handheld version for the same game. They did this for years and worked fine for everyone.
This changed last gen with Vita particularly where it had the exact same game as the consoles got, just toned down graphics but the Vita version would be $40 but the home console version would be $60. So since carts cost more than disks to make, they'd make $20 less per Vita sale, plus their margin from the production of said Vita version would also be lower so they'd be getting even less back from that $40.
This is why handheld game price has jumped to $60. If they kept it at $40 for Switch games max then there would be little to no third party games.
>>
>>389628106
holy shit nigga you salty as fuck. relax a bit.
>>
>>389627715
>a reason to exist that wasn't "make your mom buy you a new toy"
Oh man, if only the Switch had a reason to be a platform. Like, say, being a relatively powerful portable on top of being a moderate console. As opposed to the PS4 and Xbox One, which are their own systems and not just proprietary PCs because... Oh, right. They have no unique reason to exist.
>bringing back couch co-op
But... The Switch already did that. One of the system's underlying ideas was "it needs to ship with two controllers." You can pretend that you thinking the Switch is retarded means that nobody will ever want to play co-op games on it, but I've done it a decent amount.
You really need to admit that you're just angry at Nintendo for not making what you want them to make. You're phrasing this like you actually know more than you do, when in reality we're all just shitposting on /v/. Get off your high horse and stop pretending like your opinion is worth more than anyone else's. Just because the only way you can imagine a console can be "viable" is through hardware power doesn't mean that it's the part that actually matters, because if it did the Xbox One X would actually have more eyes on it right now, but everyone forgot about it aside from the diehards who preordered it.
>>
>>389627358
disc drives arent really prone to failure
and disc loading times aint that bad 10-15 extra seconds to start the game up dont mean shit
you have to be a retard throwing it around for that to happen
>>
>>389628104
Because it's /v/

Anything good is bad
Anything bad is shit
Anything obscure is kino
And everyone is wrong about everything because no one's opinions matter except your own.

Also Lisa is a good game or whatever.
>>
>>389628212
Stop replying to him, he's retarded.
>>
>>389617470
>handheld
>games cost more than on home consoles
based nintendo
>>
>>389627980
The company's not going bankrupt any time soon, but you have to be pretty delusional to think that Nintendo can just survive hypothetical net losses forever on future products.
Remember that SEGA bowed out of the console markets entirely after 2 failed consoles. People seriously expected Nintendo to bail less than a year after the WiiU launch.
If they start falling behind far enough and can't catch back up, that could be it for them. The Switch is not going to be that domino, though.
>>
>>389628226
so why did anyone buy ds and 3ds. psp and psvita were stronger than both of them
>>
>>389628226
>being a relatively powerful portable on top of being a moderate console
So it can't do either thing well. Thank you for justifying its price tag.
>the Switch brought back couch co-op
Nigger people can't even buy the Switch, and the Joycon/Gamepad setup is the least conducive thing to couch co-op anyone could ever imagine. Nintendo's biggest co-op franchise, Smash, isn't even on the platform.
>>
>>389628340
I didn't buy either
>>
>>389628340
For the games I assume. So when is the switch going to get games? I don't see how it's supposed to survive on DX versions of wiiu games and PS360 games.
>>
>>389618285
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>389628340
DS?
Good hardware and marketing to children
3DS?
Marketing to casual adults and children to make up for the fact that the hardware sucked
>>
>There seems to be a bit of confusion around this tweet. So I'll quickly clarify it by answering some of the questions I got.
>A publisher doesn't see all $60 of a game sale. There is a retailer cut, cost of the disc/cart, platform fees, packaging fees etc...
>So companies like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft charge a certain amount for the disc/cart, a platform fee & packaging fees.
>What the 1st tweet above is saying is that the cart cost + platform fee + packaging cost is 60% more with a 32GB cart than with 50GB Blu-Ray
>Those costs actually add up a lot. I'm not simply talking about a disc cost (which is relatively cheap desu) like many were thinking.
>Platform fees on Sony/MS games is basically the reason why PC games are $10 cheaper. No publisher pays a platform fee to release on PC.
>So in this case the issue is that the cart fee + platform fee + packaging fee for Switch is more expensive with higher capacity carts.
>So that's why you're not going to see many games, that use a 32GB cart for example, priced under $40. Margin is too low.
>As above, it only really starts making sense for a publisher when they use 8GB carts or less as they cost similar to PS4/XB1 costs.
>Are there publishers who will jack up the price anyway? Probably. Should publishers eat the cost? Sure. But remember, it's a business
>I'm aware there are some games that use <8GB carts that still have that $10 hike. I imagine that's due to the dev-pub-platform relation.
>>
>>389628340
PSP sold 20 million more than 3DS
>>
>>389628340
Pokémon.
>>
>>389628158
Switch has $60 games because it's a hybrid, Splatoon 2 fits on a 4GB cart, the 8GB cart is the one that's price competitive with a Blu Ray, by that logic Splatoon 2 cost less to manufacture than a game on a Blu Ray, Mario and Rabbids cost $60, Mario and Rabbids fits on a 4GB Blu Ray, Mario and Rabbids cost less to manufacture than a Blu Ray.

MK8 Deluxe, 8GB card, same as Blu Ray, Arms 4GB card, less than Blu Ray, both are $60, do you see?

Do you see?

Your logic is flawed, you are wrong in your assumptions.

>>389628273
I never said they could sustain losses indefinitely, but they have far deeper pockets than Sega and have an actual ability to turn a bad situation around, and that' probably on the back of Nintendo actually knowing how to bot make and sell good software, they aren't in any danger financially.
>>
>>389628340
but psp did have games i cant really say anything about vita unless you like japanese games but some people say they dont count
>>389628529
>>389628601
so why ds sell so much i dont get it i thought people were still buying the gba
>>
>>389628436
>the Joycon/Gamepad setup is the least conductive thing to couch co-op anyone could ever imagine.

>Playing game with both joycon
>Have an opening to play game with someone else
>Separate joycon
>My one controller has become two controllers
>Now there are two people playing
So this is the IQ of the people writing bait at 3 AM.
>>
>>389628601
i can see it now. some nintendard trying to type out "so what? that doesnt mean anything"
>>
So, since Ps4 and XBox games are mostly 10 bucks more expansive than pc games and big Switch games are 10 bucks more expansive than PS4/Xbox games that means big Switch games are 20 bucks more expansive than pc games.
Nintenbros get pretty cucked if you ask me.
>>
>>389628601
you would judge the psp against the ds..
>>
>>389627919
Again, it's to hide bad technique at making hands.
Hands are fucking hard bro, it took.me about 2 years to get them right.
>>
>>389628653
okay give 7 examples that are not Nintendo games and yes Mario and Rabbids is a nintendo game
>>
>>389628106

Nintendo were only the biggest against other dedicated game companies, outside of the Wii in which you are rallying against systems in the same vein and outside of the handheld market which you also have taken up a crusade Nintendo marketing to.

Look back to Microsoft's efforts in Japan during 2005 and 2006, they got burts of sales from Japanese exclusives, some of which they paid for but it was otherwise flat sales in between, so what are Nintendo going to do to convert Xbox and Playstation fans?
>>
>>389628452
the fact default internal storage wasn't enough to handle some LAUNCH games is ridiculous, frankly. Super extreme cost cutting measure.
>>
>>389628802
>A game developed by Ubisoft is a Nintendo game
>Give 7 examples
This board is fucking weird.
>>
>>389628742
yeah with a shit controller cant even play all games with it because it's missing things all other controllers have for less
>>
>A lot of third party Switch ports actually are under $50
Either Rockstar is jewing people or they cannot into optimization.
>>
>buying physical media in the year of our lord 20XX
>>
>>389618091
Pearl apologists need to be gassed
>>
So it's going to be full priced.

dropped
>>
>>389628889
most third party games on switch right now is no name games indies or just plain old
>>
>>389628902
>not actually owning anything after a purchase.
>inb4 I pirate fagggggg

then you shouldn't care anyhow.
>>
>>389628902
>getting cucked into buying something but not even owning it.

Holy shit kys
>>
>>389628802
I doubt 7 games exist like that, but I provided far better evidence for my argument than yours, the ball was in your court, but you didn't actually swing, you just complained.
>>
>>389628653
You're right. But with the price on par now, instead of taking in $20 less per sale then having margins being worse on handheld games, they've worked it to taking in the same amount compared to other consoles on list price with the possibility of margins actually being a bit better, or on par with consoles.
I don't think they upped it because it was a hybrid though. Even if Switch was just a handheld the price of games was going to increase to $60 anyway.
>>
File: sonic.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>389629005
You say that, but the best 3rd party game of summer 2017 got a Switch release so
>>
>>389618902
I wish this, but BOTW on Switch had like 30-60 second load times when you died or entered dungeons.
>>
>>389629236
that's why i said most
i beat the game as sonic and tails i only have knuckles and sonic + tails left
>>
>>389629005
>Rayman Legends: $39.99
>Sonic Forces: $39.99
>Telltale Batman: $39.99
Nah son. They jewing people or cannot into the hardware.
>>
>>389617470
They taste terrible
>>
>>389619924
You really are grasping at straws aren't you?
>>
>>389617470
Definetly the future. Blu-ray Discs are simply too slow for games to play without installation. They just gotta make more carts, so they drop in price.
>>
>>389629313
>30-60 load times

okay don't exaggerate
>>
>>389621136

Almost certainly not because brick and mortar's enforce pricing parity at launch or they will just not stock the game
>>
>>389628814
>so what are Nintendo going to do to convert Xbox and Playstation fans?
I don't know Jim maybe all those long-beloved multi-million sales IPs they've been fucking sitting on for decades because they can't produce consoles that would actually allow for GOOD games in those series to be produced, coupled with general office-level ignorance of what made those IPs popular in the first place.
>>
>>389629195
Game development costs are increasing between Switch and 3ds, and the quality of the games on it is consistent for the most part on par with consoles games, I think it's less about raising the price as much as keeping the price steady since it's a hybrid, Breath of the Wild sure as hell wasn't going to release at $40 on the Switch. I'd say it's justifiable, about as justifiable as pricing for video gaming gets.

>>389629313
They weren't that long, but the closeness to the WiiU release just further reinforces that it was a low quality port, no-one is denying that.
>>
>>389629420
Dude it's literally been timed, on SBH's channel. Its actually 50 seconds per shrine
>>
>>389629537
I have never been stuck in a 50 second loading time in or out of a shrine.

That's absurd.
>>
>>389629408
I tried this, it can be very uncomfortable to play.
Plus half the time the screen is far from your face unless you adjust it properly
>>
>>389629420
I'm not. I wish I was. I'm a Nintendo fan through and through. They've got something fucking wrong if it takes this long to load on a cart.

Here's an example of a 30 second load time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcly-xCLvx8
0:21 - 0:53
>>
Anyone know how much 32GB SSD carts are by themselves?

You guys got to remember it's SSD and the loading is pretty quick.
>>
>>389629574
No, its 50 seconds total load time
>>
>>389629594
The problem here is that the Switch carts are Read only. so unless you can find a from the manufacturer price for mass produced 32GB roms you can't make a far comparison.
>>
>>389629594
It's solid state but basically just a SD card. Not anything like a NVMe drive or even SATA.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (5KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
5KB, 213x237px
>>389629408
>>
>>389629491

Not good enough, pham.

Give me some names.
>>
File: 1500862828684.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500862828684.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>389629357
>not doing Knuckles as your second playthrough
>>
>>389629365
Sonic Forces is $40 on all platforms.
>>
>>389623419
>oh dude I just noticed we haven't done anything but add gtav multiplayer shit
>let's give those bottomfeeders and old game to buy again to make it look like we're doing something
>>
>>389629664
If they're read only then how does the rom get on the card????
>>
>>389629897
Are-
Are you fucking retarded?
Do you know what ROM means?
>>
>>389622596
>but they would also accept that as reality.
Switch owners don't accept reality.
>>
>>389620928
Sadly, the left is the rule, and the right the exception. Nintendo was one of the last major companies to drop manuals in their cases.
Not defending them, I was actually expecting them to keep printing manuals all their life, but I guess all heroes become villians sooner or later.
>>
Nintendo faggots shouldn't really complain when they get mocked for Nintendo's retarded backward ways when no one forced them to buy Nintendo in the first place. Just open your ass and accept all the backwards retardation from Nintendo.
>>
>>389629897
They flash the games rom onto the cart.
>>
>>389629897
>How does read only memory get on read only memory

I'd use an example about how you burn a blank CD-r and then it becomes a piece of read only media, but clearly CD's were before your time
>>
File: jojop.png (318KB, 603x509px) Image search: [Google]
jojop.png
318KB, 603x509px
>>389625043
So they are charging companies 10 more bucks per carttridge but they still keep the same price to the consumers?

That's a dick move from Ninty but at least we ain't paying that price increase. We won't be seeing a price drop never, anyway.
>>
>>389629889
That's my point, anon.
>>
>>389630259
Ah, sorry. I didn't read the reply chain and seeing the other games in there, I thought you were making a point about Switch games costing more.
>>
>>389630185
I'm positive that they aren't charging $10 per cartridge and the devs are seeing fit to put a further markup on it to justify the $10 increase and using a scapegoat. Only speculation.
>>
File: 1269407145799.jpg (46KB, 604x548px) Image search: [Google]
1269407145799.jpg
46KB, 604x548px
>>389617470
>What do you think of Switch carts?

They taste yucky.
>>
To be honest, Switch games could be priced even $20 higher and people would still buy them.
>>
>>389623445
>ISPs that can ban you from the internet with a simple letter and DRM
Has this literally ever happened? I've been seeding terabytes of torrents for about the past year and I haven't heard shit.
>>
>>389617470
We need to find a Switch to buy first.
>>
>>389620928
PS4 games have manuals now? I don't think any of the PS4 games I have have had a manual in the box. They usually just have DLC codes and in some cases a small piece of paper with the controls on it.
>>
>>389630185
Nope, companies pay more per cart depending on the size of the cart. the dick move is as follows, if there's an increase of $3 per cart for a 32GB cart as opposed to a 50GB Blu Ray, some companies may decide to charge you $10 more for the Switch version, effectively a company just made $7 from nothing when they could have charged you $3 more, and that's only on 32GB carts, 8GB carts are supposed to be the same as a Blu Ray, companies are still charging you extra for this anyway because you are a consumer, you don't have the data and you can't complain about it.
>>
>>389617470
Who asked for a rerelease of LA Noire?
>>
>>389630185
It's actually the publishers that make the final decision on charging the extra $10 for switch versions, but if it's a 32GB game then it's pretty expected. See >>389628592
for more info

So he mentions that PC games cost $10 less because of the no platform licensing fee, so let's assume that means the platform publishing fee is $10 on PS4, and production of disks and packaging is $2 for 50GB dual layers. 60% more expensive 32GB carts on switch would make them cost $7.20 more, or $19.20 in total.
$12 PS4 price
$19.20 Switch price

Again, not real numbers but that makes it easier to see where the $10 number comes from. Also some publishers are either taking advantage or just refusing to eat any costs and increasing the prices by $10 anyway.
>>
>>389630632
Investors.
>>
>>389621901
This is bullshit. A company just wants to make profits. More likely, they're just testing the waters, here. They'll see how much of an almost universally panned game with very little work made into the port sells.
If it sells well (all things considered. I don't think they expect to sell millions of these) they'll make shitty made ports, because that's enough to get a part of the switch profits. If it sells just "okay", they'll see the market is there, but needs more effort than just "badly ported worst game rockstar ever made". If it sells really bad, they'll maybe drop the switch.
>>
>>389620928
>cherry picking
I love my junk in game boxes, but basically no console puts anything in aside of very few occasions.
This shit died after 7th gen across the board
>>
>>389630632

The gift that is GTA5 has finally stopped giving some 4+ years later.

Rockstar need new dosh injections
>>
>>389617765
I found digital price is often more expensive than physical which is a joke on its own, never really bother with digital except when they're running a sale or the game is digital only
>>
>>389627715
Nintendo deliberately keeps tech low to keep budgets low, you fucking idiot. Nintendo doesn't want to spend $100m on developing a single game, and then another $100m on marketing it so they can be sure to recoup their investment.
>>
>>389631449
yeah nintendo the company with more money than sony cant dare to lose even a penny unlike sony and mircosoft who sell at a lost
>>
>>389631813
>more money than sony
>doesn't dare to lose even a penny
These two points seem related
>>
>>389631813
not that anon, but that's a good way to do business. Why the fuck selling at the lost when you can profit from each unit?
also stop counting other's money
>>
>>389631813
>a company with only 1 type source of revenue
>conglomerate with multiple projects that each help one another
IF PlayStation were a separated Company from Sony, PS3 would have drove em out of Business
>>
It's like Nintendo never learns. This is the same problem that gamecube had, and that n64 had. I'm so done with this stain of a company until they pull their heads from their asses.
>>
>Nintendo makes a handheld with athe shit battery life
>Console is constantly charging in the dock so the battery itself is going to die out quicker than usual
>Console is high price for what it is because it's portable
>Dock scratches the screen
>Opts to use carts which we as consumers are paying more for
>We're soon being required to buy our own Micro SDs because carts are too shit to hold enough data
>Because it's a handheld we obviously can't just plug in a much cheaper hard drive, we're forced to use Micro SDs
The handheld gimmick is fucking crippling the Switch. Why the fuck didn't they make it a home console with more power?
>>
>>389631813
Again, this has nothing to do with hardware. Games are just exponentially more expensive to make at higher graphical fidelity. Sony and Microsoft don't give a shit, the higher budgets are the more games publishers have to sell to break even, which means more royalty fees for them.
Nintendo wants to make games in a sustainable way, Sony and Microsoft want to leech as much money from the industry and if it crashes they'll wash their hands of it.
>>
>>389620928
Nice cherries you picked there.
>>
>>389617470
Micro-sd cards are cheap anyways
>>
>>389632231
It's the next Blunder of the year pic, what do you honstly expect.
>>
>>389632145
Both of those consoles were good, way better than the anything made since the wii
>>
>>389632303
It's true, they are. The problem here is Nintendo's assumption they can still get away with such practices. They don't have the market control and relevancy to try that shit anymore.
>>
>>389632145
Yeah, fuck them for thinking about consumer experience quality instead of money.
>>
>>389632190
>We're soon being required to buy our own Micro SDs
Uh... yes? That's what you do for most portable devices, including handheld consoles.
>>
Wait, what the fuck, rockstar is releasing a game on a Nintendo System?

First, how is LA Noire anyway?
Second, is the higher prices Rockstar's way of sabotaging their release on the Switch in order to justify not making future games for it?
>>
>>389632476
(you)
>>
>>389632414
Well they are getting away with this shit again with the switch after that shit they did with the wiiU
>>
File: hog.webm (1MB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
hog.webm
1MB, 638x360px
>>389630373

This guy knows what's up
>>
>>389628601
15 million and the 3DS isn't dead yet with another Pokemon to go
>>
>>389631813
Anon, what kind of business model do you think allowed them to be the company with more money?
>>
>>389632986
all the things they been doing since nes
having games people consider to be a master piece for some reason
>>
>>389621759
>"yeah why didn't they put in a giant fucking cd tray"
are you just going to pretend the PSP didn't exist?
>>
>>389617470
The fact that they didn't port RDR, yet decided to port La Noire convinces me that the rumours of programming issues are indeed true.
>>
File: psp-disc-weapon-1199019.gif (2MB, 443x300px) Image search: [Google]
psp-disc-weapon-1199019.gif
2MB, 443x300px
>>389633449
Of course not
>>
>>389633594
Of course they're true, the people involved have reported as much under oath
>>
I can't eat finger food after switching a game for my switch without getting up and washing my hands. It's pretty lame. Also the flip tab makes it a bigger pain in the ass than it needs to be but I can get why they did it. It seems like a system designed for e-downloads but everything on the eshop is overpriced.
>>
>>389633632
What is going on here?
Is this real?
>>
>>389633632
Is that ridge racer?
>>
>>389617765
LOL no. Why would they devalue the physical version and encourage everyone not to pay more for carts? It'll be the same price.
>>
>>389633780
we dont know the video was super short quality was bad and people started complaining about it after that video
>>
>>389617470
>a cart is only 60% more expensive than the trivially cheap disc format
Not sure what he's whining about then.
>>
>>389634110
It's Riiiiiiiiidge Racer.
>>
>>389627036
you should be happy that switch is getting a third party game at all.
>>
>>389634610
you will be sucked
>>
>>389634795
By one million troops?
>>
>>389632291
I expect the sony and MS salt to continue. It's typical when nintendo does well that idiots make every tiny excuse to fling mud at them.

It's also hilarious to watch you idiots pull shit out of your ass while the rest of the world ignores it.
>>
>>389621282
>>389620780
That includes the costs of packaging, tariff and royalties
>>
>>389623419
We're never going to actually get some new games.
Just more remakes and upscales.
>>
>>389634918
XXXX
YYYY
XXXX
YYYY
>>
>>389617470
I really don't care.

Although, does he explain why a digital copy is just as expensive even though it doesn't come on his scapegoat card?
>>
>>389617470
>self validated outrage
He's the only one who is "asking" and claim it's "ridiculous". Grow up, retard
>>
>>389618193
More like 6-8 Gb
>>
>>389626167
to be fair they're an absolute bitch to draw
>>
>>389635445
Sega made the digital version of Puyo Puyo Tetris 10 bucks cheaper, so there's even precedent for other companies to do so.
It's all in the kike third parties looking for an excuse to fleece people, but that doesn't fit his narrative.
>>
>>389617470

>pay more
>but it's more resillient
>doesn't require installation
>will deteriorate in 60 years instead of 6
>extremely portable, fits inside your fucking mouth
>B-B-BUT MUH 10$

really stimulates the almonds
>>
If the publisher's digital version is the same upped price as the physical one sorry it's not nintendo's fault they are just huge jews
>>
>>389635821
games look worse run worse outdated tech that no one uses but nintendo cant hold that much space
disc is way better has tons more uses also discs can last up to 90+ years
>>
>>389617470
Ridiculously expensive my ass.
It's essentially a regular old SD card.
>>
File: 1503642376741.jpg (85KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1503642376741.jpg
85KB, 453x439px
>extra tax
>because nintendo is retarded
>>
>>389620928
>Back on the Wii U days they really wanted to get in the Wii U train
Which is why they cranked out half assed ports and didn't support them as well as the ps360 versions so people didn't buy them right?
>>
>>389635939
>has tons more uses
What other uses do we need here? Both have one use: to store your game so you can play it.
>>
File: 1504605035966.jpg (60KB, 1014x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504605035966.jpg
60KB, 1014x1024px
>>389630393
Yup, that's how rabid their fanbases are. They could sell a turd for $60 and their fanbases would still religiously buy that shit. They have been getting away with so many consumer unfriendly practices for so long now.
>>
>>389636935
better sound quality better graphics more space they last long slightly faster longer loading times breaks semi easily you would have to drop it on a hard floor
>>
>>389637387
Do they also eat your commas?
>>
>>389637453
oh im so sorry ill stop
>>
>>389636018
The read speed on them is even a little slower than a class 10 or UHS-1 micro SD card.
>>
>>389619924
What an autistic post.
>>
99% of PS4 games are remoteplayable to vita, I just wish they were cross buy. Lately I've felt there'svery few instances when I would comprise a full viewing screen of the game to play portably anyway so to me I see the Switch as a handheld with a hdmi port rather than a real hybrid since it's home console experience is not too good
>>
>>389634984
Why the fuck would the tariffs for Switch games be higher than PS4 games in the US? Also, the packaging should be cheaper because there's less material. Even the shipping costs should be cheaper than for other consoles as they can stuff more copies of Switch games in the same amount fo space as PS4/Xbone games.

I don't know how high they are now, but during last gen royalties were around $7 and packaging + manufacturing was about $3. Assuming manufacturing and packaging didn't increase in price (it really should have decreased with the removal of manuals and lowering costs of bluray discs), an additional 60% would be $16 and still falls short of the $10 price increase. The only way this all makes sense is if royalties across the board are considerably higher, but then that means they have to be taking that money out from somewhere else even on PS4 and Xbone games.
>>
>>389627036
I think you mean a sabotaged last gen port.

They decided to make it overpriced compared to the other systems.
>>
>>389622013

Based Sega
>>
>>389633780
Yes, if the PSP somehow got even slightly bent, it would cause the disk to shoot out randomly. It was a huge joke and design flaw. You'd know that if you weren't a newfag
>>
>>389632190
>>Console is constantly charging in the dock so the battery itself is going to die out quicker than usual
Shows how little you know about hardware, idiot.
>>
>>389630393
They sold Wii Boxing Again Edition and a watered down Witcher 1 for 60 bucks. At least they have Sonic '06: BING BING WAHOO SO LONG GAY BOWSER Edition to look forward to!
>>
>>389618348
Nintendo deserves to die. I'm doing my part.
>>
>>389630393
I'd probably buy less often based on hype, but yes, as a developer I know how much making games costs and I'm sure in the future the price of games will go up. Already we see it with paid DLC, which is a way of inflating the price without bigger consumer outrage.
>>
>>389617470
got it for 3.99$ on Steam
>>
>>389620928
>even EA/Ubisoft ported some games
i tried playing watch dogs on wii u recently and i understand why they gave up after that
>>
>>389635912
This
>>
>>389640441
You deserve to die.
>>
>>389639941
there's nothing based about it. they made a belated crap localization full of rewrites, only released it on 2 of the 7 platforms it was on, and made it dub only with the excuse that anyone who cared about nip voices had already imported the game.
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
Can we really ignore the idea that maybe they're technically spending more money developing the Switch version? They're adding new features, joycon controls, HD rumble feedback, touch controls... they had to research and work on these features, no? While in comparison the other versions just get a graphical update of which we don't even know the quality and extent

It would explain why the game costs more even digitally. Plus how much does the VR version costs? That one also is more than just graphics
>>
>>389617470
Just companies looking to bullshit their customers for their own profit.

As for the carts themselves, I like not having long load times and being able to save to the cart itself rather than using system storage.
>>
>>389642358
I agree my friend, who cares if the game is 6 years old, they added joycon and touch controls, they should pay full price of the revamped La Noire® experience.

I, for one, will pick 1 copy for each of my sons and their mother's partner
>>
>>389617470
Carts aren't expensive, BD are dirt cheap.
But the general public is not aware that the price diference is low, so they exploit their ignorance.
>>
>>389617470
>carts are ridiculously expensive
Daniel showing what a fucking pleb he is again
>>
>>389642572
>40/45 bucks
>Full price
>>
If the price of the carts are such a big deal, how come the 3ds and vita cart games at release are cheaper than disk based games?
>>
>>389625962
>Cost nothing
>Has to print hundreds of thousands of manuals.
>>
>>389618193
Only bloated "muh open world" games that run at sub-30fps really ever go over 32gb

I have no problem with disks, but the return to carts and much quicker load times as a result is well worth it to me, and I don't even own a Switch.
>>
>>389619525
SSD's don't make a huge different on PS4, Anon. You're maybe cutting off 5 or so seconds from a 30-40 second loading time.

The cable used to actually transfer the data doesn't allow actual SSD performance, that is, unless they changed it with the Pro.
>>
>>389644014
>quicker load times
Breath of the Wild has terrible load times. And almost every game installs to disk these days anyways.
Eat shit Nintendo shill carts are retarded.
>>
>>389620441
>>389627568
Try this. You can get 50 writable 50 GB BluRays off amazon for $81.99. That comes to $1.64 per disc. 60% increase from there is $2.62.
So $10 is a around a 380% markup for a 60% price increase.

And this is of course only accounting for consumer rates, not buying in bulk as a business.
>>
>>389632551
>Second, is the higher prices Rockstar's way of sabotaging their release on the Switch in order to justify not making future games for it?
basically
>>
Nintendo lost.
>>
File: 378830171370684416_35s_d.jpg (81KB, 482x680px) Image search: [Google]
378830171370684416_35s_d.jpg
81KB, 482x680px
>>389639747
cd cases are standard, and PS4 and Xbox cases are recycled materials, so they get tax deductions. Switch doesn't

also, Nintendo is ask for the highest royalties per cart or game sold. with MS second, Sony third.
>>
File: 1504486216052.jpg (180KB, 1110x616px) Image search: [Google]
1504486216052.jpg
180KB, 1110x616px
I think devs should do similar stuff to what the RiME guy did.
>digital version is cheaper
>physical version is more expensive, but also contains physical goodies
Now the hard part is trying to make the goodies worth it.
>>
What is the point of complaining about all this?
What other alternative is there? Slapping a bluray drive to the back of a Switch?

>b-but muh $40 handheld games!
$40 dollar 1.2gb games.
>>
>>389617765
nintendo doesn't allow that, they'd have to release it digital-only or release the physical version only as a special edition
>>
>>389644414
>terrible load times
WRONG
>>
>>389645915
Honestly even when the goodies suck I appreciate the effort
>>
>>389646138
They do
See: Rime and PPT, prices can differ
>>
>>389635530
If you're stuck in 2009 sure
>>
Yes nintendo is always the evil one
Those poor poor abused publishers are just trying to make even y´know?
>>
They taste pretty bad. That's what this thread is about, right?
>>
Explain then why are 3DS games not more expensive?
>>
>>389645908
There's nothing suggesting PS4 and Xbox cases are made of recycled materials. They simply have an imprint stating what kind of plastic it is made of for recycling purposes just like the Switch ones. In addition, Xbox One cases being green and having the Xbox One logo imprinted on it makes them non-standard.
>>
>>389646616
Because 3DS games are as big as a PS1 game
>>
>>389617470
I don't.
>>
>>389634964
>ninty is doing good
>thanks to anti consumer practices
>b-but it's okay when nintendo does it!
>fuck ms and Sony shills haha how could you support such anti consumer companies

Every time.
>>
>>389646616
But they have gone up in price over the years from $40 to $50 on release
>>
File: C_itO2sUAAEoyta.jpg (190KB, 1136x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C_itO2sUAAEoyta.jpg
190KB, 1136x1200px
>>389647107
its not needing to be made of recycled plastics, as long as your company is using plastics that are A-OK for recycling, they get tax reductions.

Sony also gets huge boost of tax reductions because, IIRC, PS4 is made of 60% recycled materials. shooting them up to 7th place in the most "green" electronic companies. Of course Nintendo is 18th, still using PVC, MS is 17th.

Also, there are laws in various countries that stuff needs to be made in approved standard sizes. Switch cases are non-standard, so they get charged extra.
>>
File: 1503520678845.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1503520678845.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>stingy devs STILL refuse to abandon the obsolete optical media because "LOL BLURAYS ARE CHEAP XD"

And meanwhile, enjoy installing all your games in your hard drive so they can actually run because the optical disc is a chunk of shit that wouldn't work by itself.
>>
>>389640069
That has never happened on my 1000 or 3000.
>>
If devs really had a problem developing for carts... don't you think they would come out and say that?

I really don't see this as being much different than what happened in the Wii U days.
>>
File: dims.jpg (26KB, 611x325px) Image search: [Google]
dims.jpg
26KB, 611x325px
>>389649270
Its not about the development, its about the costs.

Nintendo always asks for premium price for royalties and production.

Just take the WiiU example. The WiiU disc is basically a Bluray disc but the edge of the disc is more rounded than the typical Bluray. Because the technology is proprietary, Nintendo asks for higher price than MS and Sony asks for production of their discs.
>>
>>389617470
they taste bad
>>
>>389645915
Nicalis of all companies is killing it with their physical releases lately. Cave Story+ and Isaac on Switch had some great pack ins.

Honestly wouldn't mind a tiny price hike if it meant getting nice, glossy, full color manuals like that with physical games again.
>>
I don't mind, thats one of the reasons why I wanna get away from Steam. If I can not give that fat fuck any money by buying overpriced Nintendo cartridges, thats what I will do then.
Thread posts: 392
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.