[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mega man vs. castlevania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rock_vs_simon.png (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rock_vs_simon.png
21KB, 640x480px
which series is better and why
challenge mode: rank every classicvania and every nes/snes mega man title in order from best to worst in a single list
>>
>>389605283
If we're talking NES games then castlevania easily beats megaman.
>>
Both are awesome and both became shit after the 90s and we'll continue to get hyped because of nostalgia when we know their better years ended and we've been going through the Sonic title with them for the past 17 years.
>>
>>389605283
Castlevania. The weapons gimmick in Mega Man is stupid, the giant life bar and health drops being everywhere is stupid
>>
Castlevania: more challenging, better level design that makes good use around the player's movement/abilities, and doesn't take 8 stages before the "real game" starts!
>>
>>389605283
I'll assume we are only talking about Megaman, not Megaman X.

Best to Worst of the ones I've played:
Castlevania 3
Rondo of Blood
Megaman 3
Megaman 2
Castlevania 4
Megaman 4
Dracula X
Castlevania 1
Megaman 7
Megaman 5
Castlevania 2
Megaman 6

If we include Megaman X titles, then X1 takes first place, X3 falls about CV4 and X2 falls above Dracula X
>>
Definitely Castlemania. I haven't played II but I and III are much more tightly designed, whereas Megaman has difficulty spikes out the wazoo and some really dull level design.
>>
Best to Worst:
Mega Man 9
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Super Castlevania 4
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 6
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 8
Mega Man & Bass
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Mega Man 3
Castlevania
Mega Man 7
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 5
Mega Man
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
>>
>>389606109
>>389605990
>castlevania 1 that low
Whatt the FUCK
>>
>>389606249
sorry bro, but it's just not as good as 3, rondo or 4.
Should be noted that I don't think any of the classicvania or Megaman games I've played are bad at all.
>>
NES Castlevania is awfully primitive gameplay-wise. It really boggles my mind that Zelda II has become an easy target for the self-proclaimed 'retro' gamers, but Castlevania remains on good terms. I think that the combat in Zelda II is phenomenal, and is the obvious contender for greatest sidescrolling combat of its era. Firstly, Zelda II has virtually flawless movement - Link runs at the perfect speed, quick enough to travel and avoid anything in the game, but not too fast that it feels anxious or too quick. Jumping around is fantastic too; Link has momentum and flexibility, it's so much fun to just run around and do things, because the character is just so responsive and fittingly designed. As for the combat itself, attacking feels so good also. Link can jump and thrust all over the place, and can elegantly hop and avoid a whole barrage of attacks. On, top of that there's also the magic system, which can allow the player to jump higher, fly, just to name a few things. Back to Castlevania. In contrast, these games are extremely lacking. Simon has zero momentum, he's incredibly slow, he can only attack in two directions, he's unresponsive to fast movements, he cannot jump far, he cannot even angle his jumps, there is no dodging/parry, or fast movements. Castlevania is very slow and basic. The level design in Castlevania is equally boring because it has to pander to this limited character combat and movement.

To answer your question, I like Mega Man more.
>>
>>389607264
Shit bait
>>
>>389607720
It's not bait if it's true.
>>
>>389605283
SotN > Zero series > Aria of Sorrow > X = X2 = = X4 = Rondo of Blood > Dracula's Curse = Megaman 3 > Circle of the Moon = Megaman 2 > The rest > shit > Harmony of Dissonance > X7
>>
>>389605283
Metroid
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.