[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does torbjorn need a buff?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

does torbjorn need a buff?
>>
>>389588353
A lot of people want his head hitbox size reduced. I think that's all he would need.
>>
Overwatch itself needs a buff
>>
Torb is already buff
>>
>>389589464
>A lot of people want his head hitbox size reduced.

holy shit this. hes the only char where its obvious you just got 1 shotted by bullshit
>>
Doesn't matter who you buff and nerf because the meta always stays the same because 80% of the cast has fast movement options, self-healing and shields by this point
>>
>>389589464
I only play torb when on defense and this is all I want. Anymore and he becomes fotm. I like being his current status as a highly capable underdog.
>>
>>389591154
>movement
tracer, gengu, doomfis', soldier, pharah, sombra, d.va, lucio, mercy at a stretch
9/25 = 36%
>self healing
reaper, soldier, lucio, mercy, roadhog, ana, mei, bastion.
tracer at a stretch
9/25 = 36%
>shields
As in barriers?
Rein, orisa, symm, winston
d.va and mei at a stretch
6/25 = 24%
Or self heal shields?
zen, zarya, symm
Doomfis' at a stretch
4/25 = 16%
>>
he should start with 50 armor bringing him up to 250 base health

it doesn't make any sense that the guy who supplies armor doesn't start off with some
>>
>>389592045
It makes sense that a guy who supplies armor can give himself some.
>>
File: 1493186135144.jpg (222KB, 1271x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493186135144.jpg
222KB, 1271x1080px
>>389588353
You just need to play a better Dwarf.
>>
>>389592505
for the last time he's swedish
>>
>>389592505
>that one paladins shill again

Can you go
>>
>>389588353
His level 1 turret needs a dps buff, it's fucking useless if it isn't level 2 and it takes too long to get that set up in the middle of a fight.
>>
Torb's problem is he and his turret are too reliant on each other, so it becomes the best strategy most of the time to plop your turret in the best spot to shoot people and then stay near it to protect it. Auto-genning scrap just reinforced that behavior because you don't even need to kill people to toss armor around, it just makes it easier. So do the following:

- Get rid of auto-gen scrap and revert scrap gain from enemy kills back to what it was before. Instead you start at full scrap upon spawning. You can also target friendlies like other friendly-targeting abilities like Orb of Harmony if you want to throw it at a particular ally.
- Torb gains 75 armor, which does not stack with armor packs, so giving himself a pack tops up his armor. Additionally, his critbox is shrunk substantially.
- Turret has passive self-heal of 20% health per second, which starts three seconds after not being damaged. Additionally, level 1 turrets self-upgrade at a rate of one "hit" every 2.5 seconds.

These changes let Torb more reliably fight alongside his team without having to baby his turret.
>>
>>389593219
Because it's not meant to be set up in the middle of a fight.
>>
>>389593219
what are you talking about? level 2 is useless, too.
>>
>>389588353
source
>>
>>389593359
then the turret shouldn't be a weak piece of shit.

the game's dps is fucking retarded, healing has fucked this game.
>>
>>389593471
This.
Level 2 turret should be something that can't just get blasted away in two seconds.
Give it a barrier dome that regenerates or seriously buff its fire-rate.
>>
>>389592619
Was just telling him to play a better character instead of waiting for Blizzard to release a terrible rework a year from now.
>>
should i get quake champs or lawbreakers or something? i want to play an actual FPS with actual FPS gameplay.
>>
>>389593973
Honestly most of the newer FPS games out are better than Overwatch, even Paladins. I've heard some people say that CoD WW2 is decent despite the whole historical revisionism.
>>
>>389593973
Quake Champions leaves a lot to be desired, but at least it's fixable. There are some issues with railgun and a few other weapons (though I have not played in a month or so they may be better now) and hopefully they will add a classic mode.
>>
File: Patch-Preview-Content-Barik.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Patch-Preview-Content-Barik.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>389592505
He got updated though
>>
>>389588353
OP POST IMAGE SOURCE N O W
>>
>>389593973
TF2 exists
>>
aardvark pays off
>>
As someone who is only capable of using frontline characters in paladins without dying immediately who should I be maining in overwatch?

I know reinhardt has a shield
>>
>>389595648

stand at spawn and hook-up with teammates. they will run off in 4 different directions and die, but at least you tried.
>>
>>389595648
There's a whole section of characters comprised of tanks to choose from. But you really shouldn't main one character, or even one role. You'll get shit on by specific characters and at risk of having a teammate who mains the same one as you do.
>>
>>389595648
Winston is a great option. Orisa and D. Va could also be good "frontline" tanks, but at the moment it's a bit iffy if they can handle it.
>>
>>389595008
That doesn't look as good as before desu.
>>
>>389596392
he's fuckable now
>>
>>389595648
As someone in the same predicament, I had most fun with Winston. I find OW's heroes less fun on the whole though. Winston is like Buck but withour the need to actually aim.
>>
>>389595008
What the fuck are those turret designs
>>
>>389588353
He's already fucking buff. Lewds where??
>>
>>389596882
The leftmost turret is his ult. Middle one is the normal turret. Barik does not upgrade turrets, he just plants them and the self-deploy. Barik also has more in his kit to do. He actually gets to play the game unlike Torbjorn.
>>
Molten Core should upgrade your turret no matter what level it is.

Not to level 3, that would be stupid as fuck, but by one level.

Turret is fucked and you just popped Molten Core? Just plop another one and it'll be a level 2 to start.
>>
>>389597071
>Molten Core should upgrade your turret no matter what level it is.
doesn't this already happen?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 201x251px
>>389588353
Just give him one of these
>>
>>389597228
yes, anon is retarded.
>>
>>389597071
>>389597228
It does, to fix anons post I think any of Torb's turrets should become level 3 when using molten core, even newly placed ones while molten core is still active. Right now if the level 1 turret is still in "construction" mode it won't fucking become upgraded when you molten core for some reason.
>>
File: 1499814218876.jpg (96KB, 652x786px) Image search: [Google]
1499814218876.jpg
96KB, 652x786px
>>389589464
Fuck this game and ALL the hitboxes. So many are so broken and retarded.
>>
I wish his turret was more like the engineer's, more damage but slow turn rate. people destroy it because their gun kills it before the turret kills them.
>>
>>389588353
yea they should make it so his armor pool can upgrade his turret.
his turret isn't an Insta-Reaction No-Turn rate turret anymore either. It takes 150 ms to react and it takes 500 ms to do a full 180 degree turn.
Also the gun can be upgraded to become a bastion turret but it requires the usage of his Armor Bar.
>>
>>389598994
Basically make it the TF2 turret.
I'm not complaining.
>>
>>389592505
This guys primary is fucking awful
You need to be on someones ass to do any decent damage
>>
>>389588353
>buff
>if the team is too good, torbjorn becomes a necessity as an annoyance for defense
>if the team is too shit, torbjorn will get this shit knocked up in a mere 3 seconds
nerf the entire cast and instead of designing characters around tracer design it around everybody
even better, kill off 3/4 of the cast and allow different weapons to be used for certain characters
>>
new supports when?
queen better be a dom support, my dick needs it
>>
No. 90% of people dont know how to play torb. They play him like the engi from tf2 where they set up a turret and then sit behind it the whole game. You need to balance sitting your turret and actually going out into the front and fighting. Your shotgun is OP and your turrets are disposable and easy to build. Stop being shit. Use molten core almost like a self heal. If you play this way it builds very quickly, so popping it to save yourself or help in a big push isnt a big deal. Neither is popping it to save your turret
>>
Overwatch is too clunky
>>
>>389597541
>>389597598
>hop in training mode
>get ult with torb
>build level 1 turret, it's up and shooting
>pop ult
>stays level 1
Why are you guys lying about something like that?
>>
I don't know what his turret is supposed to counter
Doomfist I guess?
Pharah, 76, McCree can out-range it
Junkrat can lob grenades around a corner and deal with it
Tracer can just rewind if she starts getting shot by it. Her ult charges quick enough to deal with it (which means she can't use it on someone else which is good I guess)
Genji reflects and shits on it
The tanks give no fucks about it
The supports shouldn't be in a position where the thing can shoot them so it doesn't matter
It feels like the only good time to pick torb is when he has the African robot babysitting him.
>>
230+ hour torb main here

>Turret needs to be made of Armor or atleast half armor
>4 hits for level 2 instead of 5 hits
>headbox reduced
>reload speed reduced

this is about it
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.