[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /v/, What are your favorite multiplayer games that are dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: RIP;_;7.png (1023KB, 1470x438px) Image search: [Google]
RIP;_;7.png
1023KB, 1470x438px
Hi /v/,

What are your favorite multiplayer games that are dead now?

IMO, Lead and Gold and Nosgoth both had great designs and fluid gameplay. Lead and Gold never caught on and had some pretty severe server issues. Nosgoth largely had crybabies who would quit when losing + it was generally more fun to play as vampires.

Other games that come to mind are Tribes Ascend and arguably TF2.

TL;DR: What are your favorite multiplayer games that are dead now?
>>
Ring Runner.
Totally dead, even though "skill at Ring Runner" and "skill at gaming" are pretty much synonymous, because of how skill-based Ring Runner combat was, requiring both strategy and fast reactions.
>>
>>389587441
WoW
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
Such a shame S2Maliken was so asshurt he was shit at his own game that he sucked all the fun out the sequel. Thus, both games died.
>>
File: Tribes-Ascend_wallpaper_010.jpg (483KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Tribes-Ascend_wallpaper_010.jpg
483KB, 2560x1440px
>5 fucking years ago

It was short lived, but god damn was it one of the best.

Shazbot, my old friends.
>>
>>389587441
Bf1
>>
>>389588987
tf happened with Savage Resurrection? It was in EA for a little while with low player counts, released to little fanfare but had fucking microtransactions - now it's just a ded game that nobody ever took notice of
>>
Nosgoth needed to die to teach Square a lesson. It shouldn't have existed.
>>
Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars was some dope ass shit. Picked it up used in Gamestop because it was like 5 bucks and it was legitimately well made. Best part is you didn't actually need to register the game for bots or LAN play so you could just copy the ISO and give it to people.
>>
File: 1483135677975.jpg (189KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483135677975.jpg
189KB, 495x700px
>>389589753
>>389589753
Between Dragon Maid and Naruto which series introduced more redditors to anime?
>>
>Lead and Gold
holy fuck, I didn't think anyone else played it.
damn shame. last time i checked, the only servers up were in sweden or some shit with 250+ ping.
>>
>>389589753
Why? The whole reason for nosgoths existance was to keep legacy of kain afloat and collect some money. And to be honest, it would have propably worked if the devs pumped out more updates for the game.
>>
>>389589829
always wanted to try this game but didn't get a decent pc until much later and the game is no longer on steam
>>
>>389590132
It would have worked if it was ported to consoles where it would actually have a playerbase
>>
File: 1485947775520.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1485947775520.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>389591387
Sure, but that still wouldn't have made a whole lot of money with all they gave the players over it's lifetime. There was just not enough food for the whales to feed on.
>>
>>389590132
Square took a long established ip that was beloved primarily for its story and writing, and created a by the numbers multiplayer shooter that had a lok skin. It shows how little publishers care for their franchises and they can treat them however they want.

If they nosgoth was an attempt to see if the ip was profitable, then it was the worst possible way to do it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.