[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If killing The Outsider is possible, then what the hell were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 15

File: Overseer_mask_render.jpg (624KB, 1125x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Overseer_mask_render.jpg
624KB, 1125x1136px
If killing The Outsider is possible, then what the hell were these fags waiting for?
>>
>>389587527
Cringe
>>
>>389587187
They did invented music boxes
>>
>>389587628
known to everybody as the ultimate killing machine
>>
>>389587187
A proper diss track for the music boxes.
>>389587527
Back to your containment board.
>>
>implying they'll even kill him

If they do manage it, it'll not only be retarded, but also be through some Void magickz, which Overseers aren't allowed to use
>>
>>389587752
That is a good point. They're using the magic Ink squid blade or whatever it's called. But would The Overseers really refuse to touch that even if was to kill The Outsider? We know they take runes and demonstrate them in public, so you'd think they'd open up an exception for that.
>>
>>389587912
Cringe. You're really unfunny.
>>
File: IMG_5915.jpg (28KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5915.jpg
28KB, 1024x1024px
>>389587912
>>
File: 1453470364518.jpg (12KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453470364518.jpg
12KB, 249x250px
>>389587187
>killing the only interesting character in the series
>>
>>389588265
The Outsider is merely plot device man that gives powers to the actual interesting characters.
>>
>>389587527
that meme was dead as soon as normies started using it.
>>
>>389587187
if they kill the Outsider they would not have anything to shitpost about
>>
>>389587527
>>389587912
>>389588172
>>>/pol/
>>
>>389587936
Idk, they're pretty anal about it most of the time. But they do work with you in 2 even though you're void tainted
>>
Was anyone else surprised at Dishonored 2 when The Overseers actually mounted an huge assault against Delilah? Didn't think they had it in them. They actually hate heretics!
>>
>>389587912
Literally r eddit.
>>
File: IMG_5673.jpg (63KB, 1024x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5673.jpg
63KB, 1024x503px
>>389588789
>>
>>389587912
>all dissenting comments are made by shills
I think you single-handedly proved that euthanizing the mentally feeble is, in reality, a necessary step in keeping society from falling apart.
>>
WE WUZ ASSASINS AND SHEIT
>>
>>389589451
no anon that would just really funny.
>>
>mysterious overpowered white man that watch over the country

ofc he got WE
>>
>>389590130
it's not their fault that white people a genetically predisposed to be tyrants.
>>
>>389590078
https://youtu.be/-dbfXp8_qjo
>>
>>389590130
It's always the black people turning everything into chaos. Someone has to do something!
>>
tfw you're not allowed to talk about Dishonored anymore because a major character that was literally always a black woman since Dishonored 1 gets a spinoff game and it caught /pol/'s attention to shitpost about it whenever the game is brought up
>>
Lmao they killed the outsider? I'm glad I only played the first one
>>
File: 1453502567996.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1453502567996.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>389587912
>am I fitting in yet haha
Seriously, anon?
>>
The overseers had 0 chances of killing the outsider in des1, the outsider was still mysterious and godlike in dishonored 1, killing the outsider was never part of their plan because the dude was literally an eldritch horror living outside of time.

Then Dishonored 2 came and shat on all the good parts of the story, the outsider stopped being a mysterious eldritch horror that may have been a leviathan from the depths of the sea, he is jus some dude who died in a sacrifice.

Time travel was also limited in 2, could be used only in one place, but now Billie can time travel as much as she wants, its clear the story is turning to shit in all the worst ways.
>>
>>389592504
1) Nah dude they ain't killed him, they're just gonna try to in the current spinoff. I mean, they'll probably succeed in one of the endings but for now they haven't.
2) Stop depriving yourself and play the DLC for 1 and then play 2.
>>
>>389592850
>It's another retard triggered his Whalesider headcanon got trashed when it was hinted even in 1 that the Outsider was probably once a mortal

And 2's only real narrative sins were having to repeat Daud and Delilah's story over and over to make sure that people who hadn't played the DLC knew about it - which eat up way too much screentime - and not having a well rounded sidecast for your home base since only three people ever stay on it.
>>
>>389592850
>but now Billie can time travel as much as she wants
Citation needed. There's almost certainly hard limits to it.
>>
>>389592850
>Time travel was also limited in 2, could be used only in one place, but now Billie can time travel as much as she wants
>hurr we see her do it in the footage so that must mean she has unlimited usage of it everywhere forever durr

anon stop being a retard

and the stilton manor was never stated to be the only place where its possible
>>
>Outsider will be dead at the end of the game
HAHAHAH
>>
>>389593480
Why are people so spergy about this?
>>
>>389593532
I don't know
I was just memeing on them. He won't be dead.

Arkane is just 2good
>>
The title could mean we get to see how the outsider 'died' 4000 years ago, not that he is actually getting killed by token.
>>
>>389593585
>>389593690
You're kidding yourselves if you think that they're gonna advertise the game as being all about Daud masterminding the assassination of the Outsider with the aid of Billie doing the footwork and then not have him be killable.
>>
>>389593337

>http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dishonored/Issue-4?id=93928#22
>>
>>389593875
>'killable'
Just like Delilah, eh?
>>
>>389592365
no, more disturbing is that a lot of game are being done by nigger lovers
>>
>>389593878
So because she's able to use it there it means that the entire game will make it an infinite use ability you can freely spam with no consequences or restraint?

Anon, please, just think logically about what that'd mean from a technical standpoint - literally every level would have to be a small, enclosed environment like the three parts of the Stilton manor to facilitate that.
>>
>>389593951
You mean the bitch that's been killed twice now by two different people?

Anon just because they went with the retarded "Daud traps her in the painting" ending instead of him shoving two feet of steel down her throat doesn't mean she's unkillable.
>>
>>389592850
The Outsider never lived out of time. He was constantly curious about what would happen next.
>>
>>389593132
I think Leviathansider would have been way cooler than what we ended up getting. I realize that what we got was always the plan (as Harvey proved with his tweets back in the day), but it's way lamer, in my opinion. I'd personally have The Outsider be immortal and not do something as silly as even assassination attempts against him.
>>
>>389593875
Yeah, unfortunately, they're gonna legitimately kill him, which sucks.
>>
>>389594618
Oh, I totally agree. Having him be some weird eldritch creature or even having the whale's God be the one true one would be way more interesting than him being some random dude killed in a ritual that made him part of the Void.

Though I don't really have any issue with him being killed now that that's what he is since honestly it only makes sense that if he's not the first of his kind that he might not be the last either. Hell, the idea that Daud might end up replacing him has me outright excited to see what happens.
>>
>>389594107

>So because she's able to use it there it means that the entire game will make it an infinite use ability you can freely spam with no consequences or restraint?

Yes, because in 2 there was a very good explanation about time travel, Delilah escaping from the void and the remnants of her ritual allowed for that small window of time travel, and the dialogue hints that time travel is something that not even the outsider can do normally, nor it can be done anywhere, it was necessary both the Delilah ritual and the outsider magic to allow that.

And time travel was only possible with the help of the outsider, so how can Billie be using time travel, she was never interesting enough for the outsider to even consider giving her powers, so what, now they are going to say sokolov pulled a time traveling machine out of his ass for Billie?
>>
How likely do you find this ending?
>Daud and Billie successfully kill The Outsider with whatever trickery and magical weapon they're trying to find
>The Void immediately starts converting Daud into a replacement as he shouts and roars trying to resist it
>Have to decide between leaving him to suffer for possibly millennia with immortality he doesn't want or mercy killing him as well and accepting it in his steed
>>
>>389594894
She has artefacts like the Timepiece.
>>
>>389587187
Because they are only safeguarding this realm from his powers. Killing him would mean that they had to delve into his dimension and possibly utilize forbidden magic.
>>
>>389594894
Oh, so you're just uninformed then? Billie and Daud are hunting down Void artifacts looking for a particular one that will supposedly kill The Outsider, which may or may not be the sacrificial knife used to make him into the Outsider in the first place.

Her new eye/arm and her powers plus the time travel are all from artifacts they've acquired.
>>
>>389595231
It would also put them out of a job.
>>
>>389588513
>That one who's still alive, and either curses you for being Marked or urges you onward if you refused

The latter feels good, having these guys who have always been opposed to you root for you against a common enemy.
>>
Who are the other 6 people with the mark?
>>
I was very disappointed when i found out corvo is voiced
and then really happy when i found out who voiced him
i loved the first one, should i try the second one?
>>
File: sad.jpg (20KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
20KB, 250x300px
>>389594846
But I like the current Outsider way more than I like Daud.
>>
>>389595667
2 is an improvement over the first in every way except for everything having to do with the narrative. Go for it.
>>
>>389595667
>i loved the first one, should i try the second one?
Yes, the story is probably marginally worse, but it's more of the same top tier map design. Powers and combat are expanded nicely too.

Also, muh clockwork manor.

Corvo sounds bad voiced. I don't like it. Emily is clearly intended to be the protag.

Assault/(barely)non-lethal master race
>>
>>389595231
>>389595467
They're also hopelessly clueless about anything to actually do with him. Literally the only time they've ever been competent on screen was when Delilah and Billie sold out the Whalers and their attack worked while Daud was gone.
Besides that:
>They're horribly corrupt and controlled by two successive High Overseers elected through blackmail in the first game
>You find dead ones all over the Flooded District and notes/journals about fallen comrades or how their zealotry led to them killing innocents repeatedly
>Their assault on the Whalers only fails because their commanders are incompetent enough to value personal glory over safety and certainty
>In 2 their armed forces are absolutely butchered by a pair of Mechanical Soldiers in Dunwall when they attack the tower and the remainder are hunted for sport
>The Karnaca branch is also corrupt and being controlled by a single witch who is impersonating the Sisters of the Oracular Order

Like holy shit all they seem to do successfully is murder civilians and force poor people to not have any fun.
>>
>>389592365
I'm so tired of this site's obsession with fearmongering.
"WE WUZ!"
"Go back 2 Reddit!"
"Meme game!"

Enough with the mindlessly-repeated dismissals. Good grief, just talk about games.
>>
>>389595820
>>389595829
>still 40$
damn, ill wait for a sale i guess
>>
>>389595902
To be fair while the organization may be fucked there seems to be good individuals within it, such as the Overseer you find in Brigmore Manor whose been tortured for days without breaking or the pair in The Dust District who comfort their dying friend after an ambush and then perform the mercy kill.

Wait, shit, both of those involve them fucking up too.

>>389595667
Absolutely, the gameplay plus atmosphere plus level design is still top notch. I don't even think the narrative is as bad as people say besides the fact it goes over the story of 1's DLC too much to make sure people who didn't play will understand and the homebase has no side-cast in it besides like three people, making it a lot less comfy/interesting.
>>
>>389587752
>there must always be an Outsider
>>
>>389595057
Sounds lame as hell, which is why I give it a 60% chance of happening.
>>
>>389595902
I love that they barely understand him. I overheard one Overseer in DH2 muttering about how the Outsider knows his heart, and tests and tempts him. It's great because you know first-hand the the Outsider doesn't give a crap about the little people. Even Sokolov spent years trying to draw his attention with nothing to show for it.
>>
>>389595057
this is so dumb I fucking believe it
>>
>>389592850
This. I hate how they butchered the Outsider. Also a shame his voice actor was never contacted for the sequel and they ruined his voice on top of everything.
>>
Worst levels?

>Dishonored
The one where you kidnap Sokolov, it felt liniar, easy and short.
>Knife of Dunwall
Last mission, it just wasn't that appealing.
>The Brigmore Witches
The prison extraction because it was small.
>Dishonored 2
Clockwork Mansion. I know controversial. I liked the place but it felt too cramped.
>>
>>389587187
>then what the hell were these fags waiting for?
Non-heretical magic powers to do it with.
>>
>>389595667
I hate how Corvo became a chatterbox. I liked hi much better when he was silent. Yes, even though his voice actor is Stephen Russel.

But to answer your question, Dishonored 2 has a weaker plot and slightly weaker atmosphere but is better in every other department. If you enjoyed the first one, the second is an easy buy. But make sure to play the first game's DLCs first.
>>
Do I really need 8GB VRAM to run this? It's was like high-end shit when this game came out, and even now it's still outside my budget.
>>
I play it with a 380x just fine on high with some settings on medium.
>>
File: 1504652133008.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504652133008.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>389596519
Wouldn't it be something if 2's Outsider was a fake?
>In the 15 years between games, monotone dick Outsider got replaced or kidnapped by new Hipsider, a clone of the original
>In the new game all Daud and co. do is kill the clone thus freeing the old Outsider
>has old VA and everything
>Still doesn't give a shit about Daud

hey, It explains the voice changing
>>
>>389596698
>Dishonored
Sokolov's Bridge.
>DLCs
The one after the slaughterhouse level. Don't remember enough to really separate both DLCs.
>Dishonored 2
The on with the Jindosh lock. I don't like the big open city levels. I prefer mansions and other closed quarters. That's why I loved Lady Boyle's Last Party, Imminent Domain, and The Clockwork Mansion, and the one where you kill the Duke of Karnaca.
>>
>>389595645
I'm pretty sure that's a plot point that will never be mentioned again, since that was 15 years ago. Who the hell knows who else died and who else has been marked since then?
>>
>>389596927
New outsider is actually a whale.
>>
>>389596440
Reading all of the lore snippets about them and eavesdropping on their conversations goes from vaguely disconcerting because of how cruel they are to straight up fucking funny once you know more about the Void.

>>389596698
I actually agree with the two DLC ones but man I loved both the others, particularly the Sokolov kidnapping one - it felt like a real journey to try reach him and messing about with the bridge controls and abusing airblast on high chaos were great.

Anyway
>Dishonored
Excluding the prologue I really didn't care much for the Golden Cat mission with the Pendletons because the first half is a place you were just in and the Golden Cat itself is really small. The side-missions were neat and I kinda dug the themeing but overall it just doesn't offer many 'new' areas and the non-lethal method is fucking boring since you don't even have to get the art dealer into the chair yourself.
>Dishonored 2
I really didn't care for the final mission. The first half is a repeat of the beginning of the game but with less atmosphere then the second half is basically a rehash of the Lord Regent mission's second half and Brigmore Manor mashed up, but it just doesn't gel well and feels poor.
>>
>>389596698
>dishonored
The bridge or The Flooded District
>Knife of dunwall
Second was meh, the whole dlc was kinda meh but it was fun being daud
>The Brigmore Witches
About to play it so i dont know
>Dishonored 2
havent played it
>>
>>389595645
>Corvo
>Daud
>Delilah
Its five more, not six. And we'll probably never find out since its irrelevant to the cast really - unless they introduce one more in Death of the Outsider.

Its also possible that some of them have died by the time of D2. Keep in mind that people the Outsider has marked include a small child who only used his powers to kill his bullies before dying himself.
>>
And reminder for dumbfrineds, it's Emily OR Corvo.
>>389597242
>Delilah
Did she still have the mark come d2?
>>
>>389596519
The reveal trailer for Dishonored 2 still has the original Outsider voice actor
>>
>>389597336
I don't know since she wears gloves but I just replayed D1 and he says the 'eight people' thing in it too so I figured that's what you meant.
>>
>>389588460
Nope, they attack you if they see you using magic. Which is fine by me, since powers are for fags.
>>
>>389595057
This is so trite that I can actually see them doing it
>>
Am I the only one who thinks 1 has more replay value? I liked you could select the missions from the home screen. I must've played Lady Boyle's Last Party hundreds of times. In 2 the levels are set up so there's a big build-up to the main area (for example a huge city hub leading up to the Clockwork Mansion) so it's harder and less inviting to quickly load up a mission and try a ghost run.

Whereas in 1, you load the Boyle mission and in 10 seconds you're in the mansion if you want.
>>
>>389597813
No, but I don't entirely disagree with what you posted.

I just like the crazy combos in NG+ in D2, but D1 has more replayability past the 2nd run
>>
>>389596698
In Dishonored, it was definitely the second (or third?) level, where you go through the exact same streets again at the start until you finally get to the brothel.

As for Dishonored 2, A Crack in the Slab is too gimmicky and too much a pain in the ass to play.

The DLCs were too consistently good for me to have a worst level in them.
>>
>>389597813
What's the fun in the party mission? From where the pistol duel is, you blink up and enter the targets room to read her journal then wait by the stairs going to the basement to end her.
>>
>>389597813
I think their replayability is different. In 1 its redoing missions via the chapter select to just do crazy, stupid shit and so on endlessly - or replaying the trials over and over for score.

In 2 though I found it a lot more fun to do full playthroughs thanks to the NG+ letting you pull off absolutely absurd bullshit and the more advanced game systems being open to a lot more fucking about.

Plus the high/low chaos routes were further divided by emily/corvo
>>
File: 1503965323288.jpg (42KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
1503965323288.jpg
42KB, 600x489px
>>389598054
>What's the fun in the party mission?
>mfw signing the guestbook
>>
>>389598017
I found the time travel one to be really fun. And i was suprised to see the district changed when i got out.
>>
>>389598054
Don't know, I love it. Trying new things. Being in cognito, talking to the people, signing the guestbook. Killing all three sisters without being seen and getting it that way. Killing everyone in the mansion.

The correct Lady Boyle will at one point always use the toilet. So you can put a spring razor (or rats) in there and just wait. It's the little things.
>>
>>389598054
>slowly killing off all of the guests one by one
>>
>>389598327
>The correct Lady Boyle will at one point always use the toilet. So you can put a spring razor (or rats) in there and just wait. It's the little things.
Dear sweet God anon you've achieved a new level of autism and I wholeheartedly admire it.

Fuck I wonder what other shit like that is hidden away in these games.
>>
File: a22.png (115KB, 634x697px) Image search: [Google]
a22.png
115KB, 634x697px
>>389598227
>later finding the note of someone informing the Lord Regent of the "sick joke" someone pulled by signing your name in the guestbook
>>
trophies have been out for a while.

There are two endings
Kill the outsider
Turn him into a normal man again

Absolutely stupid fucking plot
>>
>>389598467
>sign the book
>tun 360 degrees and walk out the front door like a boss
>forget you didn't take care of Lady B
>walk back into the party, front door of course
>all the guards are waiting for me
Don't know if this was scripted, or maybe they found a corpse or something, but it was zainy
>>
>>389598227
Does that change anything other than the letter you find in a later mission?
Maybe they should have made a guard reading the book and then search for you while the other guards laugh because he got pranked.
>>
File: 1504299608596.jpg (34KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1504299608596.jpg
34KB, 720x404px
>>389598227
>Everyone just assuming you're cosplaying as the mask assassin
>>
>>389598879
It doesn't have to. It's a great example of how one small little detail can make a level all that more memorable. This little detail ALWAYS shows up in Dishonored threads.
>>
>>389598653
Better than I expected honestly. Glad they didn't chicken out and have non-lethal be maintaining the status quo.
>>
>>389598879
Well, >>389598758 happened to me. Again, don't know if it was just coincidence, but it's my headcanon that an Overseer went full rage
>>
>>389599204
I kind of liked the Outsider so I would have preferred that as an option actually. Maybe having 3 endings or something
>>
>>389598653
>Trophies have been out for a while
>MFW it's real
Why the fuck do they not lose their shit at this? Or at the very least make the trophy descriptions non-spoilery until the game is out? That's absurd.
>>
>>389600214
Doesn't matter, when trophies are uploaded to sonys servers you can see secret trophies.

It's on the dev to make it a lil bit less apparent.
>>
>>389597090
w-well, this-this is me

you're beuftiful
>>
>>389595057
Honestly the power of the outsider is one beyond the "outsider", it's like an insanity sphere.

Anyways, I like the idea of Daud becoming the new outsider. He wasn't killed by cultists when he was a kid, probably won't fuck the world up as much. Still ends up giving Billie Lurk time travel powers through, she appears in a prequel comic traveling through time. It's the dumbest fucking thing.
>>
Outsider says Delilah draws from the void and that now she is a part of him.
a. Killing/humanizing the outsider will end the void.
b. The void is fine and in Dishonored 3 Delilah is the new Outsider.
>>
File: 14141515.jpg (107KB, 495x876px) Image search: [Google]
14141515.jpg
107KB, 495x876px
Friendly reminder that siding with the Abbey in Dust District is objectively the correct call if you will choose between them and Paolo.
>>
>>389601428
You know it son
I'll take well-meaning asshole cultists over asshole street bullies any day

Plus the new outfits make them look like Black Mask
>>
>>389601428
Side with the Abbey if you're on a no powers run. They're pretty much the only pure faction and once you're back on top those zealous fuckers will be your best men.

On a powers run though, fuck that. You'd want to weaken the Abbey's hold as much as possible.
>>
>>389601428
Not sending them both for some r&r
>>
>>389601428
If you have a pick a side, then yeah, Abbey all the way.
>>
File: 1504202088872.png (343KB, 800x840px) Image search: [Google]
1504202088872.png
343KB, 800x840px
>>389601428
>not solving the lock yourself
>>
>>389587187
Dishonored 2 as whole is a complete fucking mess plot wise
The dlc is really trying to kill off the last bits of the lore i enjoyed

Now some random nobody serial killer can kill a god, welp, i guess anybody can be a void god now
>>
>>389598653
God damn it. Fuck that.
>>
>>389587187
To git gud
>>
>>389600214
Given how the main plot of 2 turned out, I don't think they really give that much of a shit about the story.
>>
>>389598653
>trophies have been out for a while.
>There are two endings
>Kill the outsider
>Turn him into a normal man again
>Absolutely stupid fucking plot
jesus, thats fucking stupid
then again after how awful dishonored 2 plot was it isnt much of a surprise

i swear the main writers got a stroke between the sequel and original game or somthing
>>
>>389606171
The plot for the first game was pretty bad too. The dialogue was ridiculous. I'm calling nostalgia goggles on this one.
>>
>>389606171
What that other anon said. The story was never the strong point of these games, it's whole purpose was to give you a reason to go around assassinating people and that's about it.
>>
>>389606453
it was a bit badly paced and suffered form the ever present silent protagonist curse, but the lore was great and so was world building

in the new game nothing makes sense
you have an empress of over a decade who has no supporters or a single servant or even a spy or advisor
she has a government funded sect of religious nutjobs dedicated to persecuting the believers of outsider of which is is one herself as is her father
she has no idea how any of her country looks or even functions despite being on the throne for 15 years
she gets attacked on sight by her own soldiers, even those who cant be part of the conspiracy.. why?
you have a random person proclaiming herself the new empress and a random army invade the capital without any form of interference of the military, royal guard, or the city watch, we are talking about the biggest city in the world you expect it would take an army of hundreds of thousands to take it over
your only help is a random ex serial killer turned a ship captain

but in the end what pisses me off most is the rehashed generic evil villain, Emily is an awful fucking person and a shitty empress it seems, did Deliah really had to be a cartoon villain instead of someone who could be in the right?
also how you have a literal god as part of your story and dont do anything with him, hes just used to dump the occasional bonus exposition bit and nothing more, to kill him off now is a fucking insult on top
>>
>>389607596
>but the lore was great and so was world building
That's still very much the case in Dishonored 2. It still has excellent atmosphere and some very interesting details hidden in normal banter, dialogues, heart quotes, etc.
>>
>>389607596
>you have an empress of over a decade who has no supporters or a single servant or even a spy or advisor
You mean Emily? Corvo was the spymaster and she had plenty of supporters but they all got massacred with the clockwork soldiers

>she has a government funded sect of religious nutjobs dedicated to persecuting the believers of outsider of which is is one herself as is her father
They don't know that, obviously

>she has no idea how any of her country looks or even functions despite being on the throne for 15 years
She makes plenty of mentions of the politics of the other countries. She mentions how she knew Karnaca's risky situation, and how she was hoping it would solve itself.

>she gets attacked on sight by her own soldiers, even those who cant be part of the conspiracy.. why?
The only soldiers that attack her are the ones that Ramsay has convinced to join up. The other ones die, again, because of the clockwork soldiers.

>also how you have a literal god as part of your story and dont do anything with him, hes just used to dump the occasional bonus exposition bit and nothing more, to kill him off now is a fucking insult on top
That's always been The Outsider's point, though. He gives people powers and watches from the stands, making comments and judgement on the way. He's bored and just wants to be amused.
>>
>>389596927
>any bethesda game having a narrative arch even as remotely interesting as this
>>
>>389607705

>That's still very much the case in Dishonored 2

I think Dishonored has great "world" lore, and terrible character writing, reading the stories about supernatural stuff was always great, but the relationship between characters just dont hold enough water to keep me interested.
>>
>>389607941
>You mean Emily? Corvo was the spymaster and she had plenty of supporters but they all got massacred with the clockwork soldiers
We are talking about an Empire of tens of millions if not more
To rule such a wast count of people you would need hundreds of aids, advisors, spies, and a royal gourd that could defend the castle in the capital at any time, the castle alone would have thousands of people at any time in it
Not to mention the idea that the royal navy would allow a duke to bring in an army into the capital even under a direct order from some corrupt noble is ridiculous, nobody would allow his own city to be sacked, not even under the threat of sword
>They don't know that, obviously
Ye, thats the point.
Its almost as its supposed to be funny.
>She makes plenty of mentions of the politics of the other countries. She mentions how she knew Karnaca's risky situation, and how she was hoping it would solve itself.
And all she says shows her total lack of understanding as to whats going on. Even th most incompetent ruler would eventually have to hear something from the endless flow of people he meets.
>The only soldiers that attack her are the ones that Ramsay has convinced to join up.
No, i mean during the game.
Shes not the first ruler in the exile, in the medieval Europe it was the norm, Kings would be forced to run from the capital city all the time. Shes still the empress even if someone else puts a sticker on the wall proclaiming herself to be one now.
All soldiers outside the castle could have not be bought, they would stay loyal and would assist their ruler.

>That's always been The Outsider's point, though. He gives people powers and watches from the stands, making comments and judgement on the way. He's bored and just wants to be amused.

Not in the DLC, lol!
But seriously, thats a bad excuse, you could at lest give some nice dialogue with him now that nether Corvo or Emily is a silent protagonist, but they dont even do that with him.
>>
File: bloodwillout.png.jpg (1MB, 1255x1673px) Image search: [Google]
bloodwillout.png.jpg
1MB, 1255x1673px
>>389587187
They made the outsider. The Overseer hilt for their blades matches up with the double blade that was used to "create" the modern incarnation of the outsider. The cultists who sacrificed the boy also have the same markings on their robes as ones found on overseers. This history was lost in the great burning, where all information for roughly 3000 years was purged due to a grand cult going around purging the land, and taking the survivors to continue. The knowledge that they were responsible is largely unknown, and the end of the great burning sparked the beginning of the modern calendar.

They may be a splinter group within that cult, as the Abbey of the Everyman was created during a great war where they fought against all other religions in the world. The fact that there would be multiple religions in a world where the defacto "god" is around and known to all seems unlikely, and most likely they were different ideologists within the cult, going around preaching different meanings of the outsider.

They Abbey covers up its involvement and tries to destroy what they created. They have strong ties to the void, such as the Oracle order (all women Abbey) has the power to see visions of the future, and to tap into the void. In Dishonored 2, the witches are trying to sever their ties to the void with the machine you can use on the lesbian girl to get the non-lethal option.

Either way, the Abbey has been around long enough where the current members most likely know nothing of this information, and genuinely hate the outsider. To be fair, the outsider is a dick.
>>
>>389610809
God damn, this all sounds believable.
>>
>>389602325
>doing achievement run
>look at riddle once, put the given slot in
>Guess the rest and get it right first try

guess im just 10 steps ahead
>>
>>389610809
i dont know enough about the lore to dispute it but its wrong anyway
>>
File: somethingwickedthatwaygoes.png.jpg (2MB, 1255x1673px) Image search: [Google]
somethingwickedthatwaygoes.png.jpg
2MB, 1255x1673px
>>389611160
I know that was probably an ironic response but just in case, here's some easy to read wiki articles to back my claim.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Twin-bladed_Knife
Talks about how the guard is the same as an overseer blade, also the sword used for the new Expansion pack.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Burning
Discusses the great burning, what it was and what it did.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
General timeline of Dishonored, the dates aren't exact but the fact that -3000 is used rather than ??? is a slight indication as to how long the Great Burning was around for.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_White_Cliff & http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Whitecliff
For the significance of the Seige of Whitecliff, the city being the basis for a majority of Abbey operations, etc.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Oracular_Order
For the Oracular order (I misspelled it earlier), their ties to the void, etc.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/The_Oraculum
The device used to listen to the Oraculars, through their corpses which still have ties to the void.

Also http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Swords if you want to see the overseer's blade. Fun fact, you can actually use multiple swords in the game, but you are stuck with whichever one you pick up. You cannot lose the folding sword you get at the beginning of the game until you reach the Flooded District. If you steal the key, you can go through the whole level without a sword, and pick up a cleaver or any other type of weapon later on. There's very few chances to do this though, but you could still beat the game without a sword.
>>
File: GycxJDm4v3smgg4iZ7ccBP.jpg (655KB, 1413x826px) Image search: [Google]
GycxJDm4v3smgg4iZ7ccBP.jpg
655KB, 1413x826px
So do they explain how some washed up human garbage assassin is supposed to be a match for an almost omniscient omnipresent being with power beyond human comprehension?

She wasnt even a especially good assassin.

Why wont the Outsider just make her explode where she stands? Or drop a small island on her head?
He might not represent the christian idea of a omnipotent god, but hes the personification of the void, magic itself, it flows through him and comes from him, his power should be more than enough to turn the empire into dust yet alone to handle Billie.
>>
>>389613258
If I had to guess, the Outsider is extremely limited when it comes to direct intervention outside of the void.
He also wanted Delilah gone because she was using it to be immortal but had to use Corvo/Emily to do it.
Outsider can probably fuck up anyone who tries to directly face him in his own turf, so the deal will likely be you need to either destroy his power-base in the real world since there's obviously plenty of shrines and who knows what else, or force him out of the void into a mortal state where you can overpower him.
>>
>>389613258
They mention that the outsider is dying, for whatever reason. We don't know if the outsider will actually die in the expansion or not, or how it will be performed, she might just outwit him, or maybe it'll just be a battle.

Also the outsider does very little himself, the only thing he's shown to actually do is give people power, but never use it to benefit his own goals. It's heavily implied that the power of the outsider is beyond the man, but rather a leviathan at the bottom of the ocean, within the void. Most of his actions in the games are giving power to people who will do his work for him, as if he cannot directly impact the world. He gives the power to Corvo in hopes that his vengeful crusade will be enough to destroy the city, but he says time and time again how surprised he is at how passive Corvo is towards his enemies.

A good indicator is what he says after you deal with Granny Rags in Dishonored 1. He says "You fascinate me" if you spare Daud, almost passive aggressively.

So far he's given power to a boy who created the rat plague, given power to Granny Rags who continues to spread it, and to Corvo who would destroy the city's infrastructure. Even your sword was designed by him, given to Pierro through his dreams. Same with the mask. He gave it to Delilah, and to Daud, both who wish to harm and kill.

He wants Dunwall gone, but you saved it. He must be pissed. I imagine the only reason he gave you powers in Dishonored 2 was to try and stop Delilah before she destroyed him, or changed the world in a twisted image.
>>
>>389595667
The second one is definitely worth getting, but I still think I preferred the first, even disregarding the story and characters.
I don't like how they ditched the watercolor aesthetic, a lot of the visual charm from the first game came from it.
The powers are still unbalanced; Windblast, Devouring Swarm, Shadow Walk and especially Mesmerize are overshadowed by other upgrades and abilities to the point of non-use. Who the hell needs offensive powers when you have a 1-shot-kill pistol and Domino/Bend Time?
The level design is on par with the first game, although Witch-controlled Dunwall Tower doesn't come close to how good Kingsparrow Island was.
They hyped up the clockwork soldiers to all hell but they're easier than the average Elite Guard, two well placed strikes and they're done for. They also tend to be more helpful than harmful since they start attacking guards if you destroy their head. Tallboys were way better.
None of which changes the fact that I've played through the game 4 times already so it must be doing something right.

I will say that the no-powers run was pretty fun and had a much different feel, mainly because you don't have access to high places nearly as frequently and actually had to make use of your surroundings and equipment to bypass security safely.
>>
>>389613996
Dont know, i always thought he just dosnt like interfering directly.
I really dont see a reason why he himself couldnt use the powers he grants, especially since every other person who taps into the void gains something from it.
They will have to layer up that plot armor really thick for this match to seem even remotely plausible.
>>389614160
This expansion is a mistake if you ask me.
I wouldnt say he wants Dunwall gone, its more that its own citizens want it gone, that includes a incompetent probably retarded Empress and the most shitty bodyguard/spy to ever live. Fucking Corvo dosnt know whats going up his own ass yet alove whats happening with the Empire.
Outsider himself never really states any desire to get anybody killed or anything destroyed, he gives, and people time and time use those gifts for evil.
But i think its more of a writing style, its hard to find a single truly good person in Dishonored world, its seems to a theme of the series.

I doubt Outsider himself has any goals, hes ancient, older than the current civilization, i doubt he cares. He could just watch the Empire tear itself apart as its corrupt nobles and incompetent rulers run it to the ground, no help needed.
>>
>>389614160
>outsider is dying
>save and quit during the outsider fight
>come back a week later
>outsider is dead
>>
>>389592802
Whaddi miss?
>>
>>389614881
Dunwall is built upon another ancient civilization, they used whalebones to craft charms and such. They wash up on the shore, it gives people powers. Either way, the Outsider is most likely trying to destroy this city like he may or may not have done with the previous one. The whales basically have magic blood, and the city is a lead killer of them. If you've noticed, a majority of cities that kill large amounts of whales tend to be targets.

Also there are plenty of good people in Dishonored. Stilton is a pretty cool dude, same with Theodanis Abele, and Alexandria Hypatia. A lot of the citizens want to live simple lives, even some of the guards try their best to help people. They're just being commanded by assholes.
>>
>>389596927
It's Persona 5 all over again
>>
>>389607596
Dishonored 2 seemed like it was missing two missions. One in Dunwall (Why go through the trouble of recreating dunwall guards and houses, and giving Hatters decapitation physics if there were only going to be like 8 hatters in the game) and another mission where Delilah actually was a strangely competent empress and you had to take her down from a reformed dunwall. I've played over 100 hours of Dishonored 2, but it really has "Half of the development team left midway through to work on an entirely different game in a different engine feeling."
>>
>>389614672
> None of which changes the fact that I've played through the game 4 times already so it must be doing something right.
You are just unable to try new concepts, and obviously prefer the good old' nostalgia juice.
>>
>>389601428
>>389601747
>Playing as a no powers Emily out to purify the land from Outsider Worshipers and Witches.

It felt so good.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.