[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

File: battlegrounds.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
battlegrounds.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
Why is this game so popular?
>>
Because it's good and fun.
>>
Because its fun.
>>
>>389578767
FORSENBAJS
>>
fun things are fun
>>
Because all other major multiplayer shooters are complete shit
>>
>>389578797
fpbp
/thread
>>
>>389578767
Why is this thread made every day?
>>
>>389578920
Because it's good and fun
>>
File: 1490989709951.png (35KB, 675x827px) Image search: [Google]
1490989709951.png
35KB, 675x827px
>>389578920
Because it's the most popular game?
Why are DoA fapbait threads made every day?
>>
Because it's a story driven single player experience.
>>
>>389578797
No. It's bad, and wrong. There should be a new, stronger word for PUBG like badwrong, or badong. Yes! PUBG is badong. From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of PUBG, gnodab.
>>
File: 434.jpg (8KB, 239x210px) Image search: [Google]
434.jpg
8KB, 239x210px
>tfw to smart too land in shool
>>
>>389579107
you know the rules
>>
File: PUBGChad.jpg (259KB, 1130x1330px) Image search: [Google]
PUBGChad.jpg
259KB, 1130x1330px
>>389579160
Found the virgin of the thread
>>
>>389578767
It's number one (first) on Twitch.tv
And you can play as a girl and play dress up with her (with guns).
>>
What even is this game? I just see it anywhere but have no fucking clue what it is, where it came from, or why it succeeded.

what is it
>>
>>389579454
do you live under a rock
>>
File: streaming it.webm (3MB, 294x125px) Image search: [Google]
streaming it.webm
3MB, 294x125px
>>389579209
>>
File: 1470755209437.gif (2MB, 395x313px) Image search: [Google]
1470755209437.gif
2MB, 395x313px
>>389579454
>boy, [thing] is sure popular but i have no idea what it is
>i wonder how i'll find out?
>oh i know! i won't use a search engine! i'll just ask 4chan!
>>
Its a decent core game surrounded by a different mode than most of its playerbase is used to. Run n gun respawn games get old fast, and is pretty much the same every game. There is some variance when you have to loot weapons and the safe zone spawns randomly, on a pretty big map
>>
When is the new map supposed to come out?
>>
>>389579454
>Immersive game play (solo, duo, and squads)
>Intense action that can break out at any moment
>Various play styles that can all end up winning
>Third and First person servers to make all shooting types happy
>Unpredictable situations that take decisive reflexes and quick thinking
>Every game is unique in what happens
>Tons of guns that can compliment any type of shooter and all of them are deadly (except crossbow)
>Bullet drop and travel varies on each gun
>Losing is not the end of the world as you can rejoin near instantly into a new game
>Free and paid crates helps support the developers while give you items to work for which none are game breaking
>Games can only last 30 minutes max so you will never be strapped into a game for longer than you plan for
>Decent but balanced healing system
>Destructible Vehicles
>100 man multiplayer
>Regular patches and devs shown to be working hard

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a multiplayer online battle royale video game developed and published by Bluehole. The game is based on previous mods that were developed by Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene for other games using the 2000 film Battle Royale for inspiration, and expanded into a standalone game under Greene's creative direction. In the game, up to one hundred players parachute onto an island and scavenge for weapons and equipment to kill others while avoiding getting killed themselves. The available safe area of the game's world decreases in size over a match, directing surviving players into tighter areas and forcing encounters. The last player or team standing wins the round.
The game was released for Microsoft Windows on Steam's early access program in March 2017, selling over ten million copies within six months, which made it one of the most played games on the platform. Bluehole plans console releases following the full release of the Windows version, with an Xbox One version with publishing support by Microsoft Studios by the end of 2017.
>>
File: 1500058628172.jpg (246KB, 835x773px) Image search: [Google]
1500058628172.jpg
246KB, 835x773px
I thought it was just shit streamerbait but I actually think it's a very good game.
Sure, it has major flaws but if the devs keep updating it regularly, it'll turn even better
Right now the things that need to be addressed
>vehicle physics
>optimization ( runs like ass on weaker PC's )
>vaulting
>the parachuting feels incredibly bugged
>needs more guns
>it's frustrating that the last few rings of the zone will fuck you up instantly if you're unlucky, give players like 1 minute more time on each one
>>
>>389580465

The vehicle physics aren't terrible if we're just talking about driving, it's the collision physics that are totally fucked.

The optimization is absolutely shit too, definitely. My laptop isn't great, but I can only get CLOSE to 60 fps on the lowest settings, where I could run a lot of other modern games on medium settings with no major hiccups.

3rd person should also NOT be the standard mode of play. It's pretty bullshit that people can hide behind trees/walls and still be able to track your movements. It rewards campers in the worst ways.
>>
Unlike Dota 2, PUBG isn't kept afloat by nostalgia
>>
File: 1502753853560.jpg (19KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1502753853560.jpg
19KB, 251x251px
>Drop into military base
>Grab double barrel
>Kill 3 people in my building as they cry n moan
>Grab M16 and 4x
>Get on top of scaffolding
>Murder 6 more people while I'm up there
>Loot loot loot
>Circle ends up on my part of the military base
>Murder a guy running over the hill
>Decide I should get down and play the fences and wall
>Like roaches, they start flooding over the hill and I kill 5 more people
>2 Players Alive
>Guy must be in the parking lot
>Throw hail mary grenade into a mess of cars
>Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
>Mfw
>>
File: 1500309937.9091.jpg (235KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1500309937.9091.jpg
235KB, 800x533px
Watchin shroud. Call me a fag but he rocks
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.