[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>swords do more damage than firearms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: FcKE52jh.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
FcKE52jh.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>swords do more damage than firearms
>>
They do though.
>>
why are you pronouncing "swords" like that
>>
>>389574618
Because they do.
>>
>>389574618
Is this supposed to be SMT?
>>
It works in settings where the swords have enchantments and shit, like SMT or Devil May Cry.
>>
Which is more deadly, a tiny pellet going in you or a long ass metal stick cutting you more and more as it enters your puny flesh and causing massive internal damage?
>>
>>389574841
It works that way in real life too. Swords leave bigger holes than bullets.
>>
>>389574618
Depends where you get shot I guess.

A sword is gonna fuck you up no matter where it hits
>>
>>389574908
The object moving at hundreds of times faster and causes all sorts of damage to their insides before leaving out the other side.
>>
>>389574618
>swing a sword and it goes trough the enemies neck
>10% damage
>stab the enemy into his guts
>5% damage
>>
>hit someone with a sword
>cut off a limb
>open an artery
>watch them bleed out

>hit someone with a gun
>"ow that hurt, why did you hit me with a gun"
>get your ass kicked

Hmm I wonder
>>
File: railgun.jpg (493KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
railgun.jpg
493KB, 1920x1080px
>>389575234
That's why you hit them with a very large gun. You just have to hope the guy doesn't walk off the tracks first.
>>
its for balancing purposes. swords do better damage but have worse range than guns
>>
>>389574618
They work that way IRL anon. Gunshots are much more survivable than a stab wound from a non-toy-sized sized knife. A sword is very likely to pop a limb or sever an artery, with guns it takes a lucky hit to do that, which is why the old armies used buckshot and artillery, and modern armies use machineguns and artillery.
>>
>>389574748
Well, how do you pronounce "sword", then?
>>
>>389576471
sword
>>
>>389576471
shv-air-t
>>
File: c5d.png (49KB, 374x490px) Image search: [Google]
c5d.png
49KB, 374x490px
>>389576519
>>
>>389576772
You forgot the "^^"
>>
*unsheath katana*
>>
>>389574618
A sword slash or stab destroys more total surface area of flesh than a single bullet.

The advantage of firearms is range making swords irrelevant and lower necessary effort to effectiveness.
>>
>>389577537
That's silent.
>>
>>389577621
*unzips dick*
BACK THE FUCK OFF?!?!?!
>>
>>389575019
The bigger, sharp object causes all sorts of damage to their insides before leaving out the other side.
>>
>>389575019
Wrong. Unless the tiny pellet hits a vital organ it's doing way less damage than a stab. If someone slices you in half it's doing more damage than a bullet entering and leaving your stomach. Someone chopping your leg off is more often fatal than someone shooting it.
>>
>>389574618
It should, ranged options in video games should always do less damage compared to melee options. If they did the same amount of damage, or more, then there wiould be no reason ever to have melee weapons.
>>
>pistols do more damage than shotguns against unarmored foes
>>
>>389578270
If someone is actually strong enough to slice you in half, they could've just killed you by throwing a bullet.

Injury pretty much begins & ends with a little thing called kinetic energy, and guns don't only have more, they can shit it out pretty much all day long.
>>
>>389574618
Wow! It's almost like... ahah... just hear me out... this is kinda crazy but... ah.... it's almost like... videogames don't work like in real life!!!! AHAHAH
>>
>>389578428
>here wiould be no reason ever to have melee weapons.

Thats the point, larpfag
>>
File: CmonBruh.jpg (7KB, 154x159px) Image search: [Google]
CmonBruh.jpg
7KB, 154x159px
>>389579770
brah have u ever seen the aftermath of a knife fight???

assuming clean hits, i'd take my chances with 3 bullets to random parts of my body before i would with 3 clean, unobstructed sword slashes.

now obviously it's 100x easier to shoot someone in a realistic scenario than it is to get an ideal slice, but that's not the point
>>
File: holtzman effect.jpg (25KB, 640x273px) Image search: [Google]
holtzman effect.jpg
25KB, 640x273px
Dune solved the problem of swords and guns like half a century ago.
>>
>>389579770
It really depends on what you're using. If you compare a 9mm with a zweihander wielded by a 6'5" viking guess who could deliever more kinetic energy?
>>
File: 20170907205106588.png (111KB, 245x255px) Image search: [Google]
20170907205106588.png
111KB, 245x255px
>Ranged enemies have more hp than melee
>>
What if the monsters the protagonists have to fight regenerate quickly unless you destroy a specific weak point inside their body which is difficult to locate unless they're close to them?

That's my excuse for why the main character in the game I want to make uses a saber and a handgun despite it taking place in 1999
>>
wew lad
>>
>>389574618
>firearms do more damage that swords
>enemies have actual serious gatling guns that do sword-tier damage every shot and deal damage 10 times a second

>you have to kill them with swords
>>
>>389578270
Please stop taking action movies/anime as fact
>>
>>389574618
>Firearms deal piercing damage and have high armor penetration but their base dps is so low that it's worthless on all but a diamond full plate wearing rock
Fucking every game. Garbage shit throw it in the trash.
>>
>>389581140
>ranged enemies have more health than melee
>rogues/assassins have more health than ranged
>mages have more health than rogues/assassins

This fucking game I swear
>>
>>389578270
Your body is densely packed.
You can easily die by being shot in the leg from having an artery/vein severed.
>>
>>389578270
The ignorance and lack of understanding in how bullets work displayed in this post upsets me and I just felt I should share that with you.
>>
>>389575234
>Get shot by a gun
>Basically like getting hit by a car in one spot
Even if you don't die immediately, your down and out once you're shot.
>>
File: plonkknife.jpg (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
plonkknife.jpg
12KB, 500x500px
>>389574618
But what if...
>>
>>389574618
They do though. The advantage of firearms is you have a thousand times more reach.
>>
>>389581226

How can you identify a weak point inside the body? You mean like he cuts em up until he can see the glowy bits?

If you're just asking to spitball why I'm not sure it would make sense, couldn't he just ust like a machine gun or something and purely the amount of bullets pumping into the monster would likely destroy the weak point?
>>
It's a simple way to make melee attacks balanced with ranged attacks.
You can also make ranged attack more costly, slower, give people using ranged attacks a movement penalty, give melee attacks special debuffs or bonuses, or whatever
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.