[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are DLCs a must for Dark Souls 3? 25 bucks feels too much. Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: painted world of ariandel.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
painted world of ariandel.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Are DLCs a must for Dark Souls 3?

25 bucks feels too much. Can I get away with not buying them in PvP?
>>
The base game is mediocre at best. With the DLC (and i mean Ringed City to be honest) you can say it 'upgrades' to an okay one.
>>
You can skip ashes, but Ringed City is a must buy IMO. First of all, it's really good. It's better than anything in the base game IMO. Good puzzles, good unique zones that actually have interesting gimmicks, and the two best bosses in the entire game (and a PvP boss that varies in quality). Ringed city also has some of the best weapons in the game for PvP right now; specifically the splitleaf greatsword and the Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords are both very strong. It also has the best rings in the game, like the Ring of Favor +3
>>
>>389574289
Ok, I will buy Ringed than.
>>
>>389574254
>>389574289
By the way, although Ringed City is vastly better than Ashes of Ariendel, I still think Ashes is a good DLC. It's a bit on the short side and it doesn't have any amazing top tier spells or weapons like Ashes does, but it's still high quality and fun to explore. They tried a more "open world" level design with Ariandel so the entire DLC is like one extremely large interconnected zone with just 2 bosses on the edge, whereas Ringed City is a more traditional linear experience with bosses cutting it up.
>>
>>389574692
I think Ashes was rushed as fuck, it's too short and it seems that From made it just for the sake of it (Bandai Namco must have demand it, you know how are they)
>>
>>389574006
>Can I get away with not buying them in PvP?
You can but you'd be missing out on some pretty good weapons and those +3 rings.
>>
>>389575021
I think it fits in well with the "complete package" of Dark Souls 3, like it should have been part of the base game. I don't regret buying it, but unless you're a really big fan of the game it may not be worth 10 dollars. Certainly it was rushed and should have been bigger and cheaper, but when you're just playing through the game it's a good fun zone and it improves the quality of the game substantially IMO, which is a sign of a good DLC. Personally I got my money out of it since I've replayed the game a lot of times, but these days I pretty much only go to Ashes so I can get a shortcut to Ringed City without having to beat the final boss
>>
I'm still waiting on a complete edition for PC. Why is it still so expensive?
>>
>>389574006
Both DLCs are ike an hour long. I really don't understand why people act like Ringed City is better. It's, and I shit you not:

-Two rooms of a destroyed castle;
-Fall down into swamp area
-Boss fight
-Teleport to Ringed City
-Beginning area is a puzzle
-Run through gate, new swamp area that seems confusing but is actually very small
-Run across bridge, up stairs, down elevator, next boss
-Final boss
-Go back to bridge and smack dragon, go back to elevator, optional boss

wew

This shit is not long at all. It's good, but so is Ashes. So the meme that Ringed City is so much longer than Ashes is a fucking meme.
>>
>>389575569
Because Japan doesn't care about PC.
>>
>>389575660
This

Frieda is better than any The Ringed City boss too.

>Ringed City, but it's mostly two swamps
MIYAZAAAAKKKIIIIII
>>
>>389575660
I think its mostly people that only play through it once that think that. It seems longer your first go around due to shit like the angels and the archers being rather annoying to deal with when you don't know how they work.
>>
>>389575660
Neither is an hour long, Ashes is 1.5-2 hours long unless you're speed running it the first time and Ringed City is at least 3 hours unless you're skipping past literally everything.
>>
Ashes of Ariandel ain't great by itself, but it's incredibly well-built into the game world. You can access it within a hour or two after starting a new game and get really good early game options for any physical build, especially STR, alongside the best regeneration shield in the game, upgrade materials including a slab and other shit.

Ringed City is arguably TOH-tier, good amount of content, best final boss in series, really fun new weapons. But it's pretty much an endgame content.

So yes, they are worth it if you like the base game.
>>
>>389575938
>Frieda is better than any The Ringed City boss too.

Midir > Friede
>>
>>389576005
2.5 vs 3 hours first playthrough is *not* the same thing as saying "Ashes is super short and not worth it due to that, Ringed City is the best Dark Souls content"

Both take less than an hour if you know what you're doing, both take around the time you said if you don't and explore.
>>
>>389574006
Don't listen to retards, OP. 1st DLC has one of the best fights in the series and anyone saying that DS3 is mediocre or shit while DS1 was 10/10 timeless masterpiece is a memeing piece of shit imbecile.

If you're really unsure then buy base game and if you like it buy both DLCs, both are worth it. TRC is also pretty much the best piece of Dark Souls content in terms of both fights and lore. New weapons are actually very very good, new soundtrack is great and it's a decent challenge.
>>
File: 1497063719530.png (2MB, 1343x637px) Image search: [Google]
1497063719530.png
2MB, 1343x637px
>>389576259
>it takes an hour to beat a DLC if you already beat it before

What is your point?
>>
>>389574006
Ahses is irredeemable trash, but DLC2 is good and has stuff that just about everyone in PVP uses.
That said, if you're going to play DLC2 you really should get them both because they're intended to be played together.
>>
>>389576005
Both are twice as long if you don't go to them as some OP 120SL faggot and go there at SL60-80
>>
>>389576458
The point is that Ashes is criticized for its' length, but Ringed has the exact same length; 2.5-3 hours first playthrough, sub-1 hour subsequent. Can you read?
>>
>>389576259
I can beat Dark Souls in less than 5 hours and I'm a horrible player, people can do it in less than 4 without using speedrunning strats, would you say Dark Souls 1 is less than 6 hours long? That has to be some of the most ridiculous logic I've heard to date. Regardless, Ringed City is longer and there's really no ifs or buts 3 proper bosses rather than 1, all rather challenging with Gael being one of the harder bosses of DS3.
>>
>>389576571
Both are 50x as long if you've never played a DS game before faggot.

Ashes should be done around level 50, Ringed City 60-80 or whatever you beat Soul of Cinder at.
>>
>>389576634
Both of them are around 2.5 to 3 hours first playthrough, and extremely short if you want to just go through it.
>>
ringed city is definitely less than 3 hours unless you get stuck on bosses............. are you people counting that time in your numbers?
>>
>>389576784
If you say so mate, Ashes personally took me 2 and a half hours while Ringed City took me 5 hours total. I explored a decent amount in both cases, as I do with every new piece of Souls content.
>>
>>389576961
And I explore literally everything in all of the Souls games. You're not a special snowflake for exploring, mate, that's literally how you play the games.
>>
>>389574006
>Can I get away with not buying them in PvP?
You'll be at a disadvantage against others as the best weapons in the game come from the DLC.
>>
>touching the Embraced shell for the first time

Now thats a proper way to end a series
>>
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
No one will admit it but expectations were simply just too high for DS3. It being the final game of the franchise made the die hard fanboys expect some sort of perfect masterpiece that they dreamed up in their head. No matter how good they made DS3 it still would have been a disappointment to many. That being said, I do agree it could have been better, but its not Fromsoftware to blame, its Bandai-Namco for not giving them enough time or money to make it such. The reason Bloodborne is so good is because Sony wrote them a blank check and told them to take as long as they want.
>>
>>389576571
This.
There's absolutely no reason not to do Ashes at any point between Demon Ruins and Archives.
You can always come back for Friede, but everything else is intended for mid-late game. That's why you find a bunch of Large Titanite and only a few Chunks towards the end.
>>
>>389577040
So you explored thoroughly in Ringed City and beat in 2.5-3 hours? Right. If it's literally how you play them, why on Earth would you measure how long they are in any other way? Content is shorter once you know exactly where to go and how to defeat every enemy, no shit. Just go to HowLongToBeat and get a larger sample size than the both of us bickering, it's clear that Ringed City is longer.
>>
>>389576434
I just read that Bloodborne is better than DS3, is that true? I have very little money right now so I can buy only one game. Should I go for Bloodborne?
>>
>>389577994
Bloodborne is the best game I've ever played
>>
File: 1463702349361.jpg (2MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1463702349361.jpg
2MB, 1800x1800px
>>389577994
Get BB then you wont regret it, also get the DLC for it
>>
>>389578702
>>389578360
This. Bloodborne is literally perfect.
>>
>>389578848
>>389578702
>>389578360
Does it have amazing atmosphere like DS1?
>>
File: 1433545546472.jpg (186KB, 760x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1433545546472.jpg
186KB, 760x1050px
>>389579359
The atmosphere is one of its strongest points
>>
>>389577994
BB is arguably the most finished and polished Fromsoft experience and you can see an enormous amount of passion that went into its setting and design. I'd say that overall it's their best game and DS3 is worse than it, but DS3 is still extremely solid.
>>
File: beerfeles.jpg (18KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
beerfeles.jpg
18KB, 400x333px
>>389579707
>>389579730
Understood, thanks soulbros.
>>
>>389579359
>Does it have amazing atmosphere
Ye-
> like DS1?
Never mind, apparently your mind works differently from normal humans so I can't say for sure.
>>
>>389578702
kek'd, got any more of these pics? on bloodborne specifically
>>
>>389581658
The weird morph image?

Nah that's the only one I got
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.