[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that it was shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher_3_cover_art.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that it was shit?
>>
If you don't think this game is good its something wrong with you. It has 97% positive steam reviews
>>
never played but it look shit so yes
>>
>>389571079
no, but it's certainly not as good as the people yelling "best RPG of all time".
this is coming from someone who liked all 3 games and the books.
>>
"Now that the dust has settled" is most ironic phrase ever since when somebody talks about something it means the dust hasn't settled and it still causes controversy.
>>
It wasn't shit but I've never actually hated a game more than this one, ever. I never got into Mass Effect, I thought the first one was ok and the second one was bad. So I never got the rage over Mass Effect 3, but I think I do because of this game and it's mostly for similar reasons, like the talented writers leaving the franchise and it being left in the hands of complete hacks to conclude it.

And also other stuff like handholfing and pandering to retards, retconning or pretending events from the last games never took place so the story can be simple to follow, retconing the books and turning interesting characters into generic ones.
>>
>>389571514
that's the joke you fucking retard
>>
>>389571079
Easily, yes.
>>
>>389571079
I passed on getting the GOTY bundle when it was $25 the other day mainly because I've only beaten the first one. I've started the second one but it doesn't really immerse me like the first did. Not really sure the problem, honest.
>>
>>389572704
Here is your reply to your b8
>>
>>389572864
Played all of them, second one is missing the atmosphere and god tier soundtrack, but the atmosphere and soundtrack are good enough, and comfy too.It's definitely worth playing just for the story and choices it's pretty brilliant.
>>
The open world meme turned it from a straight 10/10 to an 8/10, I'd say.
The writing and characters are fucking great, but the quest compass seriously comes close to ruining the whole game. The question mark hunt is really bad too, and is one of the worst examples of Skinner Box game design that's aped by every open world game on the market today. It's probably better than Assassin's Creed style map icons because the question marks are usually really small and consist of like one enemy and one chest, and those that are bigger like small dungeons usually have something interesting about them.
But think about how better this game could be if they tightened the game world to Gothic 2 scale, designed the whole thing by hand rather than by algorithm so that you could naturally run into all of the optional stuff, gated your progress with unavoidable enemy encounters, and then removed the question marks altogether.
As it is, if you remove the question marks from the map, you'll end up missing around 70% of them by exploring, simply because they're scattered about haphazardly, the game world is too big compared to the size of points of interest, and there's no way you'd spot them from afar. Finding this stuff by exploring would feel fucking great, but finding it by following an icon on a map feels like a joyless chore.
But to achieve that, again, they would need to design the world intelligently, rather than as a largely featureless open plain populated by points of interest.
>>
>>389571367
>If you don't think this game is good its something wrong with you. It has 97% positive steam reviews

So do alot of shitty games on Steam
>>
It's a good game that was overhyped so all the /v/edditors jumped on the hatewagon.
>>
>>389571079
Holy nope.

Just finished it and i agree with all the positive reviews.
Stayed away from it even though i got it for free with my video card because the first two games where terrible in all aspects, but i had two weeks off work so why not try it.
It was the best two weeks of gaming since HL2 was released..
>>
>>389571079
Game of the decade.
>>
>>389571393
This. I love the books and the games hold a special place in my heart for introducing me to the world but you can't deny its an incredibly flawed series. It was certainly well rounded and a great experience overall
>>
>>389571079
It was shit. Only reason why it got shilled here was because it was the only thing to distract everybody from bloodborne.
>>
>>389575809
Not so long as Nier Automata exists.
>>
Amazing game that blew shit like bloodbored out of the water. The salt it created is amazing.
>>
>>389572874
>he got me there, let's act smart and call it bait
>>
>>389576697
>Nier Automata
i am laffin
>>
File: Moviegame.png (80KB, 660x156px) Image search: [Google]
Moviegame.png
80KB, 660x156px
Great movie.
Terrible game.
Played it for free on youtube.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.