[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everything that comes after the reactor What were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Alien_Isolation.jpg (63KB, 260x300px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Isolation.jpg
63KB, 260x300px
>everything that comes after the reactor
What were they thinking?
>>
>>389570201
The exit is always a mile away through twisting tunnels and vents from where the shit hits the fan in any Alien entry.
>>
It's a shitty stealth game with no stealth mechanics aside from the motion tracker. I don't know how it's as praised as it is.
>>
>>389571772
its accuracy to the lore. I own the game and don't want to play because I know I will encounter game breaking bugs.
>>
shitty boring tedious game start to finish
Alien looked great though
>>
I thought it was fun. Still have no idea why the Aliens just stared at you as you were disconnecting the ship from the station at the end though
>>
>>389572708
The aliens never attack working joes. You in a sealed space suit may as well look the same as a working joe to the aliens.
>>
>>389573067
Then why did the facehugger attack Kane in the movie hmmmmm?
>>
>>389573437
>in the movie

The movie isn't the game.
>>
File: ayyylol.jpg (725KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ayyylol.jpg
725KB, 1920x1080px
>>389571772
>>389571931
You can always tell the ones who couldn't get past Medical
>>
>>389574178
Nah m8 I forced myself to beat it and it was just boring the whole way through
>>
>>389570201
I think many people don't understand the game because they have not watched the source material

it is like the fucking movie: boring, and tedious
the movie is slow as fuck, but that is appreciated by the old time fans

>aesthetics
amazing
>sound design
amazing
>alien
amazing, in hard difficulty in particular

it is a really good stealth game, and NOT a shooter
>>
>>389575348

Wrecking androids with the shotgun was fun though, just wish there were more encounters with other survivors, I remember there being the first one where you can't really do shit and just have to hide and then maybe two or three where you're actually armed and can take on some of them if they get hostile.
>>
>>389573832
They follow all the same rules though, that was kind of the point of the game.
>>
>>389574178
man, i didn't even make it past the comms
>>
>>389576140
that scene is definitely one of the highlights of the game

I need to be honest here: i tried to play the game 2 times, and I always abandoned it because I felt it was cheap and boring

in my third try, i finally nailed how to work my way through the station without getting killed every single minute, and the game somewhat opened up to me
then i binged the whole thing
the stupid decision to spend 3 hours to setup the mechanics/characters/lore in my opinion is the reason this game bombed
>>
>>389575348
>it is like the fucking movie: boring, and tedious
videogames aren't movies idiot
>>
>>389577025
>videogames aren't movies idiot
who said that?
>>
>>389571772
>no stealth mechanics
>what is audio cues
>what is spatial awareness
>what is causing a distraction
>what is avoiding lines of sight
>what is ducking into cover
>what is clever routing
>what is peeking around corners
>what is stealth killing
>>
>>389577703
Nu-/v/ only likes stealth if there's a stealth-kill at the end. Otherwise, they call it a 'hiding simulator'.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.