[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why this game is bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: Mankind Divided.jpg (10KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
Mankind Divided.jpg
10KB, 189x267px
Tell me why this game is bad
>>
>>389568585
Its not. I bought it after pirating it. It means something.
>>
>>389568585
- Short.
- Unfinished story where not much happens anyway.
- Not a lot of locations (only one hub).
- Gameplay is copy/paste of the previous one.
Not bad per se, but a lazy, unoriginal and forgettable sequel.
>>
>>389568585
I had heard it was a quivering pile of T-rex shit.
i bought it for 20$ and it was my game of the year easy.
>>
>>389568585
I'm playing it right now and it's kinda boring. NPC exposition-->sneak through vent--->shoot a guy in the head and drag his body--->"hack"--->sneak back through vent--->repeat.
>>
>>389569405
Don't forget buggy as hell with crashing and fps problems at least on Ps4/Xbox
>>
>>389568585
It's not. It's an excellent game and it was on my 2016 game of the year list.
>>
>>389569064
it means you have shit taste
>>
>>389568585
It's disappointing, not bad.

>muh Kafka/Orwell/Solzhenitsyn story & "sub"text
>commits same error with DXHR: treats the aug issue as middle-class equivalent of abortion/women, racism/black, poverty/lower-class oppression, which is absurd
>2D characters
>marginally improved gameplay
>2 suburbs of Prague, some lab and slum city for levels
>short
>derivative boss fights, like killswitches, honestly
>buggy and poor performance
>>
It literally was 75% off three months after being out if I remember correctly
So take that as you will
>>
>>389571924
>sales mean a game is bad

fuck off retard
>>
File: Way to Work.jpg (7KB, 106x177px) Image search: [Google]
Way to Work.jpg
7KB, 106x177px
Aug lives matter
>>
>>389568585
It's not a bad game but it does have a bad story which is detrimental considering that it has the name Deus Ex stamped on it. Seriously, when it comes to player agency Mankind Divided is better than Human Revolution, Dishonored and Bioshock
>>
File: 1502016529386.jpg (31KB, 282x257px) Image search: [Google]
1502016529386.jpg
31KB, 282x257px
The game isnt that bad it's the publisher kikes that killed the franchise
>25% the length of HR
>Miserable preorder fiasco
>developers openly say the publishers ducked with the development
>>
>>389568585
it's not, it's pretty good, people who say it's unfinished dont know about video games or how to tell a story
>>
It's not bad, it's just a mish-mash of awfully mediocre, good and a few bad elements for a full product that doesn't gel and ends up less than the sum of its parts.

I would say it's a testament as to how modern design ethos isn't fit for several kinds of games anymore.
>>
>>389568585
Because it drew inspiration from the current political climate and it hurt /v/'s little baby sentiments.

It's fine, not great, just fine. Squeenix fucked it by forcing the devs to take on multiplayer, taking away from the single player, add microtransactions and make it a two part episodic game. When it didn't sell well, they dropped it. So it has a cliffhanger ending, some bugs and some things feel rushed. Fuck Japanese Jews.

If you liked Human Revolution, you'll probably like Mankind Divided.
>>
>>389568585
remember when everyone bitched about MGS V
well, playing DXMD feels like playing MGSV if it ended at the Traitor's Caravan mission and you were sold side ops as DLC
>>
>>389572009
>Sales after it was just out
>Not bad
Stay mad, deus ex fanboy
Your franchise is dead DEAD
>>
>>389572098
>Breach didn't hook anyone in for sweet micro-transaction money
>Story didn't really hook anyone in for sequel dosh

The game is good but no sequel potential or multiplayer milking to be had, which makes publishers cry
>>
>>389572665
no you're actually retarded and actively harm this board with your posting
>>
>>389572924
Yeah cry all you want.
>>
>>389568585
It's not, it's better than HR.

People saying it's short or "half a game" didn't play it like you should play an Immersive Sim, it took me 49h to finish it, 50 for HR so it's almost as long.

It's just one of those games that are too complex for the average /v/ poster that only understand third person action/adventure games, that's why DX:MD, Dishonored 2 and Prey all flopped.
>>
Niggers everywhere in fucking P R A G U E
Burgers should be banned from making anything not set in america period
>>
>>389573195
B-BUT IT'S THE FUTUUUURE
FUCK BORDERS AND SHEEEEET
>>
>>389573195
it was made in canada though

which is worse when it comes to (((diversity)))
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>389573195
>>389573578
>>389573649
You guys need to calm down a little bit.
>>
>>389573060

I call bullshit; I thought HR was fairly mediocre as a follow up to DX. Its saving grace really was that it wasn't as bad as we feared it would be, and it made us hopeful.
MD gets some things better - mainly level design - but is still built on HR's rotten foundations. To which you have to add all the issues born from SE management, and the added failures that are all its own (especially narrative). As such I'd say its highs are higher then HR's, but its low are much lower. Which makes for a very uneven package. HR was fairly mediocre, but it still managed to feel like a cohesive whole.
>>
>>389573649
I lumped them together since they are mostly the same nowadays.
Canada just has even more chinks and that's it
>>
>>389573737
Pretty much this. HR was a watered down copy of DX that failed to live up to pretty much everything the original had, the only saving grace was that it wasn't bad as a game, stand-alone, and people were desperate for a "good" Deus Ex game after so long.
>>
>>389568585
it's not it's great, but nothing beats Lower Hensha at night from HR

A criminal past in top notch DLC as well
>>
>>389573060
I can understand Mankind and Dishonored flopping. One's unfinished and the other's mediocre. But Prey was fucking fantastic.
>>
>>389574135
My criminal past nigga
>>
Only one good, somewhat lengthy side quest, Golem City wasn't full of shit to do or an actual HUB.
Prague being 2 locations meaning you had to sit through a long train sequence constantly throughout the game. The cast and overall story that just kinda ends.
>>
>>389568585
The main story is too short, most of the new cast is pretty boring and underdeveloped
Other than that, it's pretty good
>>
>>389568585
they ditched the illuminati and conspiracies for a muh refugees social commentary story
>>
>>389574348

Prey is a weird one. I think it's good, pretty decent at the very least, the biggest issue is that it feels like playing the same game yet another time for way too long (also it probably thinks it's being smart with its twists, but really you can see them coming a mile away, though as far as I'm concerned that's fairly secondary appart from wher eit ties to that second point).
There's also... I don't want to say laziness... disinterest? in how they dealt with most consequences of your actions that basically cuts the air off your lungs; no payoff. Without wanting to spoil.
As such it feels disappointing in that it's mostly a retreading of known ground that doesn't manage to do batter in anything but presentation. An while I'm happy after all these years to get a decent game in the genre, the fact that we can't seem to even do as well as any of the classics is disheartening.

But then as I was saying >>389572165 I'm thinking the dev ethos changed so much those games just can't be made anymore.
>>
>>389575098

No need to lie, the illuminati and conspiracies are still here. The devs just fail to make them interesting, basically trusting they have your interest from the get go. And that's not a given with how bad the writing, scripting and plotting is in that game.
>>
The side content was all pretty good, it's just a shame the same can't be said for the main plotline, though it did have it's moments like the part in London where you have to descretely take out the imposter security guards all while not freaking out any of the party goers, and the bank heist. Neither of which are memorable because of their narrative, but because of the gameplay.
>>
It was half a story that will never be done now.

But I think it's okay.
>>
>>389569405
Why do people meme it as being short? I got as many hours out of it as HR.
>>
>>389571924
Because it sold badly, not because it was a bad game per se.
>>
>>389577002

Because it's unfinished, and it cuts at a junction point that makes one think things are finally getting somewhere. Basically it makes everything before feel like the overextended introduction to a follow up that never comes.

Which retroactively makes one re-evaluate the value of that time just spent in a pretty negative light.
>>
You get less cool guns and tools and get to see less interesting places than the first game and the story very abruptly ends at a point where it feels like it's just somewhere in the middle and only just really starting to unfold
>>
>>389577108

The assumption being it sold poorly *because* it wasn't that good.
Had Eidos-Montreal managed to recapture the DX lightning in a bottle, one can expect the reaction to have been a lot less lukewarm, despite the fuck ups in management.
>>
>>389577002
When people are saying the game is short they're referring to the main story, which is what most people come to Deus Ex for. The main missions can be completed in 4 hours if you just focused on them.
>>
>>389577558
Did any denuvo game sell particularly well?
>>
>>389577305
I'll give you that it's a poorly paced and completely underwhelming narrative. Content wise the game is about as 'finished' as HR was aside from the hanging plot points. The story's shitty end was definitely planned reasonably well in advance given the effort that goes into the prerendered cutscene.
>>
basically the ending is "Well what now? We wait for the sequel. Mankind Divided 2: The search for more money"
>>
>>389577558
It's a pretty weak assumption considering shit games sell well all the time. Anybody paying attention knows the game's low sales were due to lack of marketing and bad press around circumstantial things. The original Deus Ex only sold OK.
>>
>>389577817

My pet theory about MD's poor sales is that there is no one single factor that explain them.
The issue is more that after throwing minority audience after minority audience under the bus for the sake of catching that hypothetical mass market, well, there wasn't enough people left interested in buying the thing.

- The anti-DRM crowd wouldn't buy it.
- The narrative-obsessed people wouldn't buy it.
- The people against SE's shitty business practices wouldn't buy it.
- The technical prowess people wouldn't buy it.
- Then there's the politically motivated people that didnt like the " mechanical apartheid" bit (as retarded as you might find, they still represent loss of sales).
- The old-school gameplay-focused fans burnt on HR were unwilling to buy it unless good word of mouth.
- The multiplayer had no attraction that crowd becsue of the brandng.

Even discounting intersection on the Venn diagram, you remove all those people and suddenly you don't have the sales you need for your blockbuster model product to win back on its investment.

>>389578338
>It's a pretty weak assumption considering shit games sell well all the time.

I'm thinking it's fair. Your only s good as your last game in this business, and HR was mediocre. Leaving MD having to fend for itself.
If it didn't, chances are is that it wasn't that good. Not a proof, but definitely a good piece of evidence for the case at the very least.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 106x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 106x184px
>microtransaction praxis kits

I wanted this game but I wouldn't even buy it for a fiver
>>
>>389571346
ugh sweetie thats not the games problem maybe stop using 10 year old hardware and buy a pc
>>
>>389568585
Everyone else already said it so I'll just reiterate;
>One Hub
>Unfinished story
>Obvious cut content
>No pissfilter
>didn't really improve on the formula of HR
>buggy at launch
>less interesting characters
I wasn't expecting DX:HR to be good but it exceeded my expectations. It had some flaws but overall it was a damn good game. MD wasnt terrible just horribly disappointing
>>
>>389575323
No they are not.
When you use the first deus ex as a reference point this one doesn;t even have it.
What this new one has is a different category, it's normie shit whritten by someone who is politically correct and tries to be as maintream and safe as possible.
It gets really cringeworthy fast.
>>
>>389581394

I think you might have missed quite a bit of what was going on.
Not hat I blame for it, the presentation left a lot to be desired.
>>
>>389581338
>MD wasnt terrible just horribly disappointing
That seems to be the theme of this whole generation desu
>>
>>389568585
Played it a couple of months ago and I didn't think it was bad at all, was pretty surprised /v/ shit on it so much. Gameplay was great.
>>
>>389581867

Definitely.
>>
>>389568585
Because right as the game started it ended.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.