[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Take the worst aspect of every zelda and make it your core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 29

File: piss.jpg (153KB, 656x531px)
piss.jpg
153KB, 656x531px
>Take the worst aspect of every zelda and make it your core mechanic

Literally why? Was it so much to jsut ask for 6 or 7 adequately sized dungeons with fun bosses and good puzzles? Who the fuck even enjoys running around large expanses of land.ON FOOT? We got things like Epona and the King of red lions specifically to mitigate that tedium. It was meant as a reward not a fucking privilege.
>>
>>389566692

>Horses
>Paragliding
>Literal Teleportation

????
>>
>>389566692

meh who cares. Zelda is fucking trash now. I think 15 years from now, people will look back in history and see that Skyward Sword was the last great Zelda game, even though its hated these days.
>>
>>389566692
>Who the fuck even enjoys running around large expanses of land.ON FOOT?
I do. And there's like half a dozen or more ways to traverse, unless you're a moron.

>>389566875
>no mention of shield surf

>>389567028
I've never hated SS, but BotW & OoT are still GOTYAY
>>
>>389566875
Thats the problem. The core focus is on exploring the hub, not exploring the meat. Imagine if this was OoT, You have the ability to warp to 4 different locations on Hyrule field. What good does that do other than cut down the tedium of walking? Problem is in BOTW's case, there is no goal, there is no location to go to, its all aimless walking to find random shit that doesnt even aid you in your quest, because the only actual important areas can all be reached with ease if not for the nonsensical time wasted traveling to them on foot.

Even Twilight princess had a large Hyrule field, but it was contained, and your goals were aptly set, you knew where to go, what needed to be done,. and how to get to it. BOTW throws you out there with nothing and expects you to do the work which is primarily the entire length of the game: Walking from point A to B. The meat of the game is supposed to be fun, combatitive, and exciting. Walking is none of those.
>>
>>389566692
stay mad Xbone
>>
>worst aspect
That's not the traditional """""puzzles""""" though
>>
>>389567174
Holy fuck do you need a marker pointing you in the direction you need to go? Can't you explore for the sake of it, and not because you want to go somewhere?
>>
>>389567294
Exploring is fine, if there was actually something worth exploring. My problem is how short the actual game is for the sake of all the padded exploring crap. Its easily the shortest Zelda to date.
>4 dungeons
>4 bosses
>Can now go fight ganon
>Can easily beat the game in under 3 hours.

Whats the point of even revisiting that? Its boring. Zelda games were always fun for the adventure, Making your own adventure isnt as grandiose because you're limited. what are you going to do, go defeat that respawning bokoblin post again and pretend you saved the village? That'll get old. Its a problem when gaming thinks a focus on sidequests over mainline narritive is a good way to lengthen a game. Its lazy, and its getting really old.
>>
There was significantly less block pushing and eye switches.
>>
>>389567294
>Can't you explore for the sake of it, and not because you want to go somewhere?
My game time is limited and valuable and my backlog is huge. Any time I spend in a game not working towards completion is a waste and the opportunity cost is any progress I could be making in another game.
>but it's like muh NES Zelda
I'm not seven anymore. I don't get two games a year for my birthday and christmas. I no longer have more time than games; I have more games than time. A game designed to waste my time for no good reason when the entire game could be scaled down to 1/3rd size and have the same effect is a poorly designed game.
>>
>>389567829
Now take away also the shitty NPCs and you've got the perfect Zelda game. Also OP's got shit taste.
>>
>Was it so much to just ask for 6 to 7 adequately sized dungeons with fun bosses and good puzzles?
You mean like the past 30 years of Zelda games?
>>
Reposting from a different thread_

I was really disappointed by Botw. Because Aonuma said much more different things at the beginning.

> I thought we will get real dungeons, which will be fucking huge and the real challenge is getting through this dungeon without " here is item, use only this item here", but more like go explore the world, find items which will help you to do this dungeon.
>we got 4 titans, which you can only access with the quest and all of them beeing fucking small, and the shrines. I still liked the 4 titans.

>Watch the story trailer be fucking flashed of everything happening and thinking of having a cinematic story like tp/oot with so much freedom
>everything you saw happened in the past and you literally don´t interact with the new characters except for obligatory quest to get into titan

>wanted to make different playthroughs with different weapons
>every weapon break in 5 seconds

>wanted to play with female link, because why fucking not
>There is no female link, that would be zelda, but you need to save her.

>wanted to infuse my weapons with cool elements like in the souls games
>nah, there are weapons with elements, but you can only obtain them

game is still a 8-9/10 for me, eventhough I didn´t played every sidequest.
>>
File: 1439138384403.png (221KB, 766x516px) Image search: [Google]
1439138384403.png
221KB, 766x516px
>>389568007
Wow, not even you, but you and I share exact same sentiments. Its like you characterized me in word form. My backlog isnt huge per-say i jsut find new things to do and explore, but this is exactly why I dislike opeen world games, because its all open and full of things to do when I just want to move on to the next interesting thing.
>>
>>389568416
>muh female link

fuck off please
>>
>>389568007
>game time is limited
Then why even buy open world games?

>>389567532
>padded exploring crap
Not all optional content is padding, and I disagree with your not as grandiose conclusion but whatever
>>
>>389568356
>past 30 years
>good puzzles
>fun bosses
NO
>>
>>389566692
>Skyward sword 8s shit, never again
>Why this game isn't more like skyward sword ?

At least stop shitting on skyward sword you cumbitches.
>>
>>389568416
>Because Aonuma said much more different things at the beginning.
Aonuma was reined in the development of BotW, so the game turned out to be very different from his original intent. I find that to be a good thing.

>not having a cinematic story
>you literally don´t interact with the new characters except for obligatory quest to get into titan
And how is that a bad thing? I want to play a game at my own pace and not have to sit in my chair, controller in hand waiting 1-2 minutes until some shitty cutscene is over.

>female link
How would that work in the usual narrative and mythology without sounding and looking absolutely retarded?
>>
File: 1475176863672.gif (1MB, 356x321px) Image search: [Google]
1475176863672.gif
1MB, 356x321px
This is the worst bait thread I have ever seen
>>
>>389566692
>m-muh puzzles
why don't you special kids do some math or shit like that?
>>
The problem about BOTW is that it actively tries to hinder you at every point for no given reason. We all know its a video game, This isn't some form of pseudo realistic experience where the rules of law and nature need to apply, so why on earth do we have stupid shit that only frustrates and pushes us back?

>Breakable weapons for NO REASON.
>Stamina meter because why the fuck would we let you run indefinitely without forcing you to stop every 5 seconds?
>Weather sensitivity so you can freeze or catch flame if you didnt go through several hoops to get the proper gear from some silly unrelated sidequest.
>Rain actively working against you when you've spent the past few minutes trying to scale a tall mountain
>Cooking food at inconvenient locations instead of just cutting grass for eharts and items, a staple the series has always been praised and known for.
>Crazy bugged and glitched rune physics powers instead of reliable items used to progress and traverse specified obstacles

Again, its a fucking videogame. What point is there creating all these arbitrary road blocks that are only going to be detrimental to the player and keep them from enjoying the game?
>>
>>389567294
But he literally said.
What's the point of exploring if all you find are 900 tree poo pieces.
>>
>>389569608
Pssst there's something called obstacles to overcome in games. Don't throw a hissy fit when the game says "put in minimal fucking effort to overcome something"
>>
>>389566692
Zelda doesn't need conventional dungeons to be good get over it already
>>
>>389569548
>Your opinion contradicts mine, so let me use an over inflated buzzword to solve my crippling anxiety over contradictory thoughts.

>>389569602
Sorry to burst your bubble kid, but some of us adults actually enjoy critical thinking in our games over mindlessly bashing enemies with breakable sticks.
>>
File: 1495516570512.png (6KB, 265x37px)
1495516570512.png
6KB, 265x37px
>>389566692
>i dont like the new popular thing
>>
>>389569724
>your goals were aptly set, you knew where to go, what needed to be done,. and how to get to it.

That's exactly what he said, faglord. Why are you whiteknighting for him, and why are you doing it with extremely stale bait?
>>
>>389569608
Sounds like you're just a casual who wants an easy mode desu.
>>
>>389569782
>critical thinking

read a book you fucking pseud.
>>
>>389569747
Loss of stamina and being forced to cook for health are not "obstacles to overcome" they're poor design choices done to arbitrarily lengthen out the game.
>>
>>389569782
>zelda puzzles
>critical thinking
Exactly as much critical thinking needed to switch to another weapon after breaking the one you're holding
>>
>>389569885
Health also clearly arbitrarily lengthens the game, so do weapons that don't kill in one hit and enemies that attack. Fucking poor game design, why can't the levels just be straight lines too?
>>
>>389569885
>loss of stamina
Try something besides running
>cook for health
Don't get hit

WOW SO MUCH LONGER WOWWWW ARTIFICIAL LENGTH, TOTALLY CAN'T BE AVOIDED
>>
>>389569608
You're not entitled to finish the game, you know. Maybe you need to git gud.
>>
>>389570030
>Loss of stamina
Easily fixed by implementing rolling like every single Zelda since OoT. Stamina system was not needed.
>Defending fucking cooking over cutting grass.
I'd be fine if they let you do both, but you don't even find ruppees cutting grass. They took out THE main mechanic of Zelda that made it super popular. Finding money in pots? Zelda. Finding money but cutting grass? Zelda. All of that in every RPG ever stems from zelda.
>>
>>389570224
>you don't even find ruppees cutting grass

sure you do.

>They took out THE main mechanic of Zelda that made it super popular. Finding money in pots? Zelda.
Are you just trolling?
>>
>>389570224
You literally could not be more of a casual brainlet if you tried.
>>
Okay so what I'm getting from this thread is that BOTW is shit because it's not a OOT wannabe right?
>>
>>389568785
>Then why even buy open world games?
I've played and beaten every other Zelda. It's a series that's so good that even the "bad" ones were a good game and a fun play through. You could buy it blind and know you were getting at least something good enough. So yes, it's largely my own fault for not doing research before my purchase and getting lulled into a false sense of security, and in the future it won't happen again.
>>
>>389570224
>easily fixed
Why fix something that isn't broken? The devs want you to use your brain to find a better way to travel
>>
File: 1483667010550.png (576KB, 1200x788px) Image search: [Google]
1483667010550.png
576KB, 1200x788px
>>389569865
>Another medium exists so go do that one instead!

This is easily the worst kind of response I see on 4chan. Why is the go-to always "Go read a book?" I already read books you incompetent imbecile. Thats exactly WHY I'd like my games to share the same kind of level of thought put into them. There is no reason one medium should be lorded and paraded over another for its lack of sensible logic. This isn't one of your petty, barbaric console wars y'know.
>>
>>389570478
and because no hearts come out when I cut grass :(
>>
Oh look another thread about someone trying really hard to not enjoy the game.
>>
>>389570645
>trying

Because I don't. I thought I made that evidently clear. 4chan is a place to discuss our opinions, I never said you /had/ to agree with them, just to simply discuss and debate them.

But yes, BOTW to me is boring and trite simply because it lacks a common goal. Its mainline is absolutely mediocre, and ill thought. Four "temples" that are basically the equivalent 1-2 room rubix cubes with a twisting gimmick, minmal effort in story/design, and a very lackluster fight with "the great king of Evil" The entire experience saddened me more than playing Phantom hourglass and left just as equally a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>389567294
please stop defending No Man's Sky and start defending Breath of The Wild.
>>
>>389570484
So how about prioritizing on your backlog instead of trying out BoTW? I mean, you could've saved your precious time and shekels by just letting all of the BoTW hatestorm let you know that BoTW was a vast open world game.
>>
>>389570916
what do you WANT? How many times do you have to tell this same awful story about how much you hate this game to us before you'll be satisfied?

Is there ANYTHING at all that anyone here can do to get you to stop posting this exact same thing over and over?
>>
>>389571036
Does not compute. No man's sky is a game with a very clear goal and one way to get to it
>>
>>389570589
>Why is the go-to always "Go read a book?"
It's a good response, that's why it is used.
> I already read books you incompetent imbecile. Thats exactly WHY I'd like my games to share the same kind of level of thought put into them.
Question is, why are you searching for something commonly found in books in a videogame? Wouldn't it be more expedient to read a book? Hence the phrase "read a book".
>>
>>389571089
Do you think that everyone who dislikes BotW is one person?
>>
File: gr.png (57KB, 327x137px) Image search: [Google]
gr.png
57KB, 327x137px
>It's this thread again
We get it, you hate BotW. How about you move on and play games you actually enjoy instead?
>>
>>389570916
>mainline is mediocre and ill thought
How is this different from any zelda lol
>>
>>389571089
> similar thread was posted so its obviously the same person.

I'd comment on your lck of greymatter, but thats clearly evident for us all to see. This is my first time posting about a game I played 4 months ago, and recently reviled its ugly head yet once more thanks to a recent article a colleague had forwarded to me this morning. I am merely expressing my disdain, and I'm sure while there are those who disagree with my views, there are also those who do agree.

Ergo, Stop being so uptight and paranoid. Humans share similar views in this grand design we call life. You seem to bb the only outlier.
>>
>>389568416
>Muh 2 hour dungeons
Older Zelda dungeons needed a change. They were monotonous and annoying and my least favourite part of most zelda games. "Well, i've been playing for 2 hours, guess i'm gonna have to lock myself in a dungeon for 2 more hours soon. fun". I will admit that DB could use more combat sections

>"Cinematic"
Watch a movie then, or go play Last of Us. Don't expect a cinematic open world game.

>Different playthroughs with different weapons
So the game should suffer so you can do your different weapon playthroughs?

>Female Link
I'm sorry you felt emasculated looking at Link's twink body

>wanted to infuse my weapons with cool elements like in the souls games
"I bought a Zelda game expecting Dark Souls"

At least critique something reasonable like the lack of enemy variety
>>
>>389571327
>you seem to be the only outlier
Nah it seems you are, judging by reception of botw as a whole, even on /v/
>>
>>389571437
I fear you appear to be under delusion then, as if you'd open your eyes you'd clearly see more than half the thread is at odds with the contrary opinion.
>>
>>389568007
>My game time is limited and valuable and my backlog is huge. Any time I spend in a game not working towards completion is a waste and the opportunity cost is any progress I could be making in another game.
Sentences like this is why you will never have anyone who would love you and you will die alone. You sound like the worst fucking person to deal with anywhere. You make gaming sound like a chore to you - just stop playing games at all then.
>>
>>389567028
Wrong.
SS still sucks. BoTW was actually good.
Zelda cycle is broken.
>>
>>389568007
>My game time is limited
That's nice.
>>
>>389571559
Are you under a delusion? I see like 3 posts supporting your point at all
>>
>>389571615
He's right though. Why should I spend say 3-4 weeks trying to slog through a game when I should be able to have it done and prepared for the next large release? BOTW is needlessly long for no reason. its not even a JRPG
>>
>>389571741
It's as long as you make it...
You can complete the game in 45 minutes.
>>
>>389571818
But not effectively.
>>
>>389571818
>...
>>
>>389571856
>It's too long
>It's too short
>>
>>389571741
>wanting all games to be the standard length of your average shitty AAA game so you immediately play the latest shitty game without ever looking back
The absolute cancer of video games.
>>
>>389571741
Are you fucking serious now?

Fuck this place, I've seen retards call it nu-/v/ with stupid arguments, while not understanding how game development works, but you win with them all in sheer stupidity. You actually are mad that you got a bigger game and there's more to play. What the fuck are you talking about and why didn't you blast your head open with a fucking hammer?

It's people like you who make developers consider creating 5 hour long "cinematic" games at full price. Go and jack off to them and fuck off from any Zelda game ever, we're better off without you.
>>
>>389571741
I think Movies might be more your speed.
>>
>>389571818
>You can complete the game in 45 minutes.
so that means around 97% of the entire game is pointless.
>>
>>389568007
>A game designed to waste my time for no good reason
That's the whole point of a game, genius, to waste your time.
>My game time is limited and valuable and my backlog is huge.
Assuming I believe that to be true, if your time is limited and valuable why are you playing videogames?
>>
>>389572090
Depends, speedruns are a thing. It depends on whether you enjoy doing those "extra" things or not. If not just speedrun it
>>
>>389572090
If you play games in literally the most mindless fashion and just want to complete them as soon as possible.
>>
>>389572090
>hurdur only finishing the game matters!
nu /v/ everyone
>>
>>389572090
If you play games only to see the ending then you're the one in the wrong here, not the developers. Go and watch a let's play if you dislike the "playing" part so much.
>>
>>389566692
I never felt overwelmed by the vastity of the lands, specially since you just could bring your horse most of the time, which I would often leave anyway because I like paragliding so much
>>
>>389566692
I get why the picture on the right is going for the gold thing, but it just looks like piss
>>
>>389572373
This, I caught a black horse at that first stable, then left it there and never rode again.
>>
>>389568785
no fuck
>>
>>389572251
>>389572295
i mean what's point of doing ANYTHING if you can finish the game under an hour?
>>
File: 1473135108431.jpg (104KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473135108431.jpg
104KB, 720x960px
>>389572090
>all videogames
>not pointless
>>
>you either love the game to the point you would take a bullet for it or completely hate it
Every BOTW thread
>>
File: 3a1.jpg (36KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
3a1.jpg
36KB, 600x467px
>>389572025
top kek, not that anything you said was wrong.
>>
File: my review.png (108KB, 741x1145px) Image search: [Google]
my review.png
108KB, 741x1145px
Breath of the Wild is the worst Zelda game of all time.
>>
>>389572025
>You actually are mad that you got a bigger game and there's more to play.

You're damn right I am. I don't know about you and your "Generation" but back when Games were actually games read: Not cinematic fucking experiences" They were short, sweet, to the point and instantly replayable., BOTW is none of those. Super metroid, Streets of Rage, Street fighter 2, Those were good legnth, even some drivers like Outrun and Daytona. Actual games you'd play.

Imagine if you will in my time: BOTW gets a cabinet, 25 cents to play. Kid spends 4-5 hours hogging the coin slot to do what, Run around and empty field and gather materials? No high score? No goal? You have any idea how many people would kick that fucker off the stool? Honestly. You call me spoiled yet look at you.
>>
>>389572625
Because the developers gave you an option of learning as much of the plot and story as you yourself want. If someone wants to, he can go and try finishing the game in an hour - but good luck, it won't happen if you never played the game before, no way you can defeat Ganon without anything on you.

On the other hand - you have the option of learning what happened 100 years ago, solving problems, meeting characters, learning about the world as much as you want. And that's the game - just because for you "the game" is whatever the main marker shows on the map, doesn't mean everything else is useless.
>>
>>389566692
But Zelda BOTW is fantastic, (You).
>>
>>389572949
Cool review, tripfag, have you tried something called blogging?
>>
>we will never get a real zelda game ever again
>just generic open world shit with a zelda skin
Feels pretty bad
>>
>>389573250
Feels good man
>>
>>389573250
So basically a OOT reahash
>>
>>389572949
I stopped reading after the shrines part. No, the shrines aren't solved only in 4 ways. The island where you're stuck without any gear, the three brothers, making photos of broken fragments of a stone tablet, bringing ice across the desert for a drink - all of these are shrine puzzles. And none of them make you use any of these. And there's a ton more of these, some of which need you to both solve a puzzle before entering the shrine, and one once you're inside.
>>
>>389573250
>we will never get another clone of OoT
Thank you, god. OoT is one of the best games of all time and all clones can do is take away from it.
>>
>>389573250
>real zelda game
So a 2D zelda?
>>
>>389573303
>>389573375
OoT was a clone of LTTP
>>
>>389571725
not him, but it's impossible to argue with niten niggers anymores, BoTW massively boosted their ego and it's immune to criticism at their eyes, even if they deny it. Whatever reasonable complain you're going to give on the faults of the game, it's going only to be retaliated with "u hipster, contrarian, soni gger, stay mad bloo bloo", i admire OP for standing out and actually defend the valid point that the game is really a themepark which is covered with a sweet flavored gear tier progression.
>>
>>389573250
Perfect. I like it both ways - give me more of BOTW, and sometimes something like ALBW.
>>
>>389573250
>never played any zelda game in his life
dude wtf is wrong with you play zelda games more often.
WW TLP OOT semi MM and a few others had open world shit. Hell even the GBC zelda age of something had the ability to do whatever you wanted.
>>
>>389573492
>themepark
I don't get it, is this a problem? It's not like all games aren't themeparks if you look at it

not counting the fact that the OP is retarded to not think the hour long intros are the wost part in zelda
>>
>>389573357
>Replying to tripfag
This "review" gets posted by him daily, he only posts it to trigger Nintent0ddlers
>>
File: Is that a.jpg (81KB, 540x602px) Image search: [Google]
Is that a.jpg
81KB, 540x602px
>>389573431
In terms of structure it was, but 3D changes the game entirely.
>>
>>389566692
Sometimes moving around is fun. For example, Mario 64
>>
>>389572949
Funny thing is almost all of the criticism can be applied to every single zelda game
>>
>>389573146
I have been posting anonymously since 2008. The reason I adopted the trip (yesterday) is because I realized that progressively, everyone around me has gotten more and more retarded. I need to be a thought leader for these poor people.
>>389573357
>No, the shrines aren't solved only in 4 ways.
I'm referring to the Sheikah Slate tools. Yes there are a few shrines that don't follow the general pattern, but again, an exception. If you're interested in an actual analysis of all 120 shrines, I'd recommend you watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15-xfUr8z4
>>389573752
In what way?
>>389573605
I wrote this shit ages ago, when the game first came out. Look at the date.
>>
Fact: Anything beyond 1995 era is not a Videogame. It is a cinematic experience with bad camera, and a shoddy attempt at creating what we percieved as virtual reality.

If you play anything beyond this you are the cancer killing video games.
>>
>>389573717
>BOTW's climbing is slow, resource-based with stamina, and takes forever to get anywhere
>Mario 64 lets you zoom around like a pinball
Now I want an open-world Mario game with a focus on verticality, like jumping up a mountain and bouncing off clouds
>>
>>389568007
>My game time is limited and valuable and my backlog
So you don't play games to enjoy them, you play them for instant gratification. Spoken like a true numale
>>
>>389573873
Nobody is going to read your gay review. Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>389573873
>dungeons follow same elements and gimmicks (use new item X on new thing Y and watch cutscene play)
>puzzles revolve around the same concepts
>enemies die in one hit
>little weapon variety
>sidequests are fetch qests
>enemies can be easily avoided
>no reason to use more advanced moves for combat

Also
>watch this video that shows no pattern at all

Then again you are acting like a huge fag so I'm not surprised at your shit opinions
>>
>>389574034
Dude there are literally, LITERALLY Dozens of games PER month in this day and age that come out. We average about 14-18 games per month release, and almost 130 per year. I don't have time to fuck around with one game for more than a few days max, you want to blame someone blame yourselves for this ever changing media to feel the need to forcibly pump out assloads of content every goddamned month.

Remember when we used to have 2 or 3 games a month? remember when videogame time was manageable? Of course you fucking don't. You weren't born then. All you know is showers upon showers of media to fill your entitled silver platter you fucking child.
>>
>>389566692
I agree, OP, this was the worst Zelda game I've ever played and made me rethink my love for Zelda in general. Since all these fuckhead are licking Nintendo's asshole over it, we can expect every future Zelda to be like this though. R.I.P. Zelda.
>>
>>389573873
>exception
There are like 30+ blessing shrines
>>
>>389573583
>sometimes something like ALBW.
Sorry, only Skyrim reskins from here on out, until there's another immensely popular game to copy
>>
>>389566692
>Was it so much to jsut ask for 6 or 7 adequately sized dungeons with fun bosses and good puzzles?

It's nintendo, they can't do anything right because they are conditioned to cater to an audience of pedophile, man children and perverts. It's not really nintendos fault they have the worst fan base.
>>
The franchise was stale and dying, it needed to evolve and I think BOTW did it in the right way, physics puzzles are more fun, combat is more difficult and the game is more organic
>>
>>389572973

>Kid spends 4-5 hours hogging...

No one made games like BoTW because it was not possible to. Also, no one plays videogames at public arcades anymore, unless you're taking your kid to chuck e cheese
>not implying this autist has any kids
There is a shitload of variety of games anymore, and not every one of them can be completed in a few days anymore. If I were you, I'd go back to playing pre-ps2 games. Don't be worried, it's not only autists that play them, I play them too.
>>
>>389574269
Great, don't let the door hit you on the way out

>>389574294
Hmmm like OOT reskins again?
>>
>>389574267
>Dude there are literally, LITERALLY Dozens of games PER month in this day and age that come out. We average about 14-18 games per month release, and almost 130 per year. I don't have time to fuck around with one game for more than a few days max
THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING THE GAME THAT IS NOT CATERED TO YOUR STUPIDLY STRICT TIME SCHEDULE HOLY SHIT
>>
>>389574294
In what way is BOTW like Skyrim? Did Skyrim invent open worlds? Because from what I saw, BOTW was actually developed more like the first Zelda game?
>>
>>389574267
>Dude there are literally, LITERALLY Dozens of games PER month in this day and age that come out.
And very few of them are good.
>>
>>389574267
Take some fucking vacations and enjoy the game instead of being mad at your life
>>
>>389574453
dude don't you know skyrim is the only open world in existence

It's more like morrowind with its systems than skyrim
>>
>>389574356
Or, Orrrr....they could have made an entirely new IP with new ideas, and let Zelda die in dignity. Why the fuck do we need to drag a series out to 20+ years instead of coming up with new plentiful ideas? This is exactly why I hate nintendo now. They do nothing but ride out tired boring old IPs. AMRS is a step in the right direction, but its not enough.
>>
>>389574556
>cater to my autism with franchise names guys!
>everything should end because I don't like it ;(
Holy fuck what a faggot
>>
>>389566692
>point out all the flaws with this Zelda compared to prior Zelda games and why this is stale garbage that's licking the industry's asshole leftover market for open world meme games like Skyrim
>they can't even make it as interesting as Skyrim failing to put interesting shit in their empty world
>but there's a 120 shrine dungeons
>they are all the same recycled assets with nearly 40 of them being almost exactly identical layout to layout
>there's 4 main dungeons
>they can be done in any order without the tools you collect from other places having all the same objective
>there's exploration
>you get a piece of shit on a stick for going out of your way to see the entire world
This truly is the worst Zelda and it's just shit smelling douchebags praising it, because muh open world.
>>
>>389566692
>king of red lions to mitigate the tedium
Wind Waker had perhaps the most tedious exploration in the whole fucking series.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (31KB, 358x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
31KB, 358x200px
>>389574502
>>389574413
>>389574475

I'm a professional reviewer. It's been my job for 14 years at Siliconera, I don't GET to take breaks. You should all consider yourselves so lucky. You think YOU are tired of videogames, you think YOU have a right to complain about them/ pftahahahahaha. you know NOTHING.
>>
>>389574267
Like I said, you play games because you're numale and it's "in" right now, not to actual experience the gameplay and have fun. Waste of a fucking thread.
>>
This is literally one of the most boring fucking games I have ever played. The boss's were subpar, and the dungeons were alright in some places but mostly dissapointing,samey, and underwhelming. And the gigantic overworld is just another series being ruined due to the open world meme. MGSV did it, TW3 did it, pretty soon mario is going to go open world and same with sonic. It's getting fucking out of control..

But what it did well was difficulty. It was probably the most challenging 3D Zelda iv'e played in over 20 years. And I think that's what the 3D zeldas lack is challenge. Fighting the more dangerous enemies in the overworld was more interesting than fighting the games actual boss's.

5/10
>>
>>389574650
>same recycled assets
Is that a problem when the puzzles itself are different?
>same objective
You mean like all zelda dungeons? Reach the boss room and beat it?
>you only get koroks
Oh it's this bait again, discarded
>>
>>389573604
Look, when Nintendo does anything it's bad, when anyone else does it it's good, Zelda sucks and you're a fanboy, how much simpler do I need to make it?
>>
>>389574694
I learned "working on videogames" was a bad idea when I was 13. You seem to be pretty dumb.
>>
>>389573873
>The reason I adopted the trip (yesterday) is because I realized that progressively, everyone around me has gotten more and more retarded. I need to be a thought leader for these poor people

Every fucking time. Stale bait my man.
>>
>>389574806
Your entire post is
>I don't like open world and I don't know what it means
No wonder you act like such a retard
>>
>>389574704
>Been playing games since 1986
>Somehow a "Nu-male hipster"

Are we all just nu-male hipsters in your eyes? Stop throwing around buzzwords you clearly don't understand.
>>
>>389574453
>BOTW was actually developed more like the first Zelda game?
The Legend of Zelda had item progression. You get the candle, you get the raft, you get the ladder, each one of them being needed to unlock some other area of the game. It wasn't as rigidly defined as future Zelda games, that was a degree of sequence breaking you could do, but it's far more like a Metroid game than it is like BotW.

BotW gave you every single item you need in the first hour, and that's it. The kicker is that you don't even need most of them. They're only used to solve shrines, which are completely optional.

BotW is a Zelda game in name only. That is why I call it a reskin. There is something else underneath. It looks a lot like Skyrim and Ubisoft.

Don't like the OoT formula? Not every Zelda game had that specific, but every one of them had item progression. BotW is the only Zelda game without item progression, so how could you call it a Zelda game when it's missing something so iconic to the series?
>>
>>389574806
>And the gigantic overworld is just another series being ruined due to the open world meme
The "game was ruined by the open world meme" meme is getting old. The Zelda series started as an "open world" game.
>>
File: 1300766062201.jpg (13KB, 480x360px)
1300766062201.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>389574886

Cutting and pasting assets as opposed to tight, crafted and well designed linear levels will never be comparable by any standard you have of "open world" games being good.
>>
>>389574694
Game reviewers practically prevent themselves from ever really enjoying a game. Why'd you even do that to yourself?
>>
>>389574807
>zelda defense force in full swing.
I sure do love completing the main game in under 2 hours and have a 120 recycled asset dungeons that take 5 minutes each, with muh big empty world.
>but muh scenery
You see it all in 3 peaks.
>>
>>389574219
>dungeons follow same elements and gimmicks
But they don't. The gimmicks of each dungeon in other Zelda games are unique to the dungeon. Does every dungeon in Ocarina of Time utilize raising and lowering the water level? In Breath of the Wild, all 4 dungeons require a similar and sometimes nearly identical gimmick, focused on movement the dungeon.
>puzzles revolve around the same concepts
In what way?
>enemies die in one hit
Nowhere did I complain about this in of itself. I was merely pointing out that of the substantial enemies (excluding enemies that die in one hit), there were only three main types. Not the case for Ocarina of Time for example.
>sidequests are fetch qests
Not entirely true for other Zelda games, but it's okay if it is. Again BoTW is focused on side content, so the sidequests being fetch quests is not acceptable, while it may be for other Zelda games.
>enemies can be easily avoided
How? Are you forgetting the thousands of times where you HAVE to kill an enemy to proceed in other Zelda games? When has it been the case that you can just run past all the enemies and beat the game?
>no reason to use more advanced moves for combat
That's not what I'm complaining about. I'm saying that those advanced moves don't even exist.
>watch this video that shows no pattern at all
Jump ahead to 35:00.
>>
>>389574556
Why would they let their third highest selling IP just die? idiot
>>
>>389566692
>people either sucking botw dick or hating it entirely
It's a decent game, but has more bad than good, especially compared to previous zeldas.
They really got my hopes up saying it would take inspiration from the 3d games before it, but there's nothing except the skeleton of oot combat and the open ideas of fucking a link between worlds.
Botw isn't zelda wii u, it's a compromise to try something new and it falls short because of this.
>>
>>389574968
Yeah, and then moved away from that because Zelda 1 fucking sucks.
>>
>>389574897
>Been playing games since 1986
sure
>>
>>389574556
What a fucking retard.
>>
>>389574806
This is some sublime bait, at least 5 fanbases will get triggered

>>389574939
>item progression is what defines zelda
no. when is this ever what defined zelda? It has always been exploration and adventure that did, not fucking item locking shit off
>>
>>389568752
what the fuck is bad with female link? It´s just a fucking character.

>>389569383
>how is that a bad thing?
I think I worded myself pretty bad here. Wih talking about cinematic story I didn´t meant like uncharted or whatever. But if you watch the story trailer it looks like very different from what we got. With "cinematic" I didn´t meant only cutscenes. I just meant more stuff like where we fight along the tribe-leader etc.

>How would that work in the usual narrative and mythology without sounding and looking absolutely retarded?
afaik the japanese term for hero doesn´t have any female version. So hero can be female or male. And if they want to do like the hero of time, they could still use hero instead of heroine.

>>389571359
>Dungeons
Like I said I liked them very much (the titans). Still I thought dungeons would be more like I described above. You actually need to find in the world the items to do the dungeon.

>game should suffer
with what? With weapons having a normal durability? Or that you can at least repair your weapon?
I get the "weapon break so you can use other ones", you can still do both and don´t need to force players to do only one way.

>I expected Dark Souls
I could infuse Arrows with fucking elements, so why wouldn´t I expect the same of weapons? Especially now where we get a tons of different weapons?
>>
>>389575036
Zelda 1 is a great game, bet it didn't have enough quest markers for you.
>>
>>389574939
This. I'd literally have no beefs with this game if they gave me a good boomerang,(Non breakable) grappling hook, and some other useful new gadgets to dick around with.

Physics powers are so G-MOD, They're old and tired. I got over ragdolling being funny at the age of 10. The only people praising them are people who've never played a PC game in their lives.
>>
>open world game that is actually about exploration at its core unlike nearly every other open world game
>hurr durr Zelda is now ruined by the open world meme
Fuck off.
>>
>>389575121
Why is it so great?
>>
>>389575036
>Zelda 1 fucking sucks.
pls stop
>>
>>389574267
This post reaffirmed about one of the things wrong with this world.
You are actually living in insanity.
>>
>>389575054
>something that is in EVERY GAME IN THE SERIES isn't iconic
I'm not even saying BotW is a bad game, so stop getting your feelings hurt. It's just not a Zelda game
>>
>>389575097
The reason that durability is in the game is because if the weapons didn't break you could just get the strongest weapons early on in the game and then proceed to use them for the rest of the game. This would make fighting enemies (in the empty expansive world) have no point at all once you found fighting them not very fun. This still becomes a problem later on when you have more inventory space and the weapons you have from exploring are better than what most enemies on the overworld drop.
>>
>>389574694
Fucking quit dumbass
>>
>>389575036
Agreed. It sucks because it's fucking boring, cryptic as fuck(not even in a fair way like zelda 2 and onward.) and everything looks the same.

Wow great open world!

if you want a great open world play Wind waker.
>>
>>389575009
>no they don't
They do though. All involve finding keys and unlocking doors
>in what way?
Use you newly gotten item on a previous uninteractable area in a rigid way you can barely control
>not the case for OOT
Yes it is though. 3 main types: Stuff that swing at you, stuff that charges at you and darts away, stuff that charges at you and stays charging
>not entirely true
Yes it is, or they don't exist at all. BOTW is also not focused on the side quests of the side content.
>how?
2D zelda rings a bell? Any overworld enemy in 3D zelda rings a bell? Even so do you really defend getting locked into one area to clear everything by mashing the same button over and over again?
>advanced moves don't exist
Bullshit, they do. The runes for example give you much more room for creativity than previous zeldas. And it's not like any zelda beyond TP has advanced moves either
>jump
He's still not showing any pattern
>>
>>389575187
>don't actually craft this open world with shit in it, just open plains
>it gets praised when anyone here with a brain would realize without the Zelda name it would be just a shit world
>>
>>389574834
>>389574985
Pays well, I have good friends, and i'm well known. Its not something i'm just going to drop after a decades worth of dedication. Like you say on /v/, I'm there to stay forever. But recently the workload is insane. The amount of content coming out has nearly tripled from 2008-2012, and now ontop of everything we also have Indies to review as well.

>>389575279
Madness is a word for it, yes.
>>
They didn't make puzzles the core mechanic of BotW, OP.
>>
>>389575318
Do you use multiple weapons per camp? How bad are you at the game? Bows and bombs are all you need, there is a net gain everytime I run ANY camp
>>
>>389566692

>no gadgets
>shit dungeons
>shit bosses that you don't even remember.
>"memories" for your plot, which were lackluster
>muh open world

honestly this shit tier game is baby's first GTA for Nintendo shills. I'll stick to OOT and Majora's Mask.
>>
>>389575473
There's a ton of stuff around the world. I don't get what you mean by open plains. I have been replaying it on the switch after beating on the wiiu and I've been surprised to find plenty of things I'd missed the first time around.
>>
>>389575473
>open plains
What, only hyrule field was that open. More elevated areas are present in botw than plains
>without zelda name it would be a shit world
No shit faggot, zelda locations and races are what fills the world. They would have to be removed if the zelda name is removed
>>
>>389569826
>Explore massive overworld
>Small amount of side content
>Quests reap literally no rewards
>Combat isn't good enough to do it just for fun
>>
>>389575604
>Shit bosses you don't remember

Thats incorrect Anon, it's ahrd to forget Ganon in 4 different colors.
>>
>>389575604

>GTA
>no gadgets

Bait gets more obvious every time, as if you think we won't notice?
>>
>>389575318
well that sounds like a good reason, if they wouldn´t already destroyed every balancing with cooking.

Man all this talking about botw, made me want to play this game again. But I don´t have a switch and don´t wanna replay it on the U.
>>
>>389575709
>explore massive overworld
Good
>small amount of side content
Wrong. But if I point them out you'll call them shit anyway so I won't bother
>Quest reap literally no rewards
Literally wrong
>combat isn't good enough to do just for fun
Eh, depends. To me it was
>>
File: Zelda 1.jpg (76KB, 1349x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda 1.jpg
76KB, 1349x1200px
>>389575242
Freely allowed to explore a game world full of secrets and unique challenges, like the lost woods puzzle, the rocks that fall around death mountain and the ghosts in the graveyard. The dungeons are really fun too because some are challenging as fuck since Link stabs with his sword instead of swinging and can't move diagonally like in all subsequent games.
>>
File: 1467483433930.jpg (619KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1467483433930.jpg
619KB, 2448x2448px
I sold BOTW back in april. Don't get me wrong I like my switch and all, but BOTW was not "the definitive experience" the way everyone here shills it. It was a mediocre Zelda entry that didnt even have the core staples of the Zelda franchise. How anyone can blindly defend it is beyond me. And i'm self acclaimed one of the biggest Zelda fans on the internet.
>>
>>389575730

>hurrr durrr all the ganons are reskins

Why do people keep repeating this objectively wrong statement?

>>389575993

That's because you're a fan of other parts of zelda that botw does not focus on like story or items
>>
>>389575993
Why does enjoying something make them shills, exactly?
>>
>>389575993
>I am a big zelda fan
>it didn't have the core staples of what I want from a zelda game
>and thus I didn't like it

Is it so hard to imagine people might play zelda games for the so called non core staples?
>>
>>389575604
>shit bosses that you don't even remember
3D Zelda bosses have always been mediocre aside from a few. Only thing BOTW did good about them was that it isn't "use x on x boss".
>>
>>389575993
Because there hasn't been a Zelda game in a long enough time that by the time all the normies came out of the wood work and hear about how retro zelda is they wanna try it now, but they can't be fucked to play any of the prior games so they just make a new one with catering to skyrim faggotry.
>>
>>389575465
>They do though. All involve finding keys and unlocking doors
You're simplifying things too much. You may as well call Mario and Zelda the same game because they both use the analog stick.
>Use you newly gotten item on a previous uninteractable area in a rigid way you can barely control
Right, that's the core gameplay mechanic.
>Yes it is though. 3 main types: Stuff that swing at you, stuff that charges at you and darts away, stuff that charges at you and stays charging
Again, a case of oversimplification. In the Great Deku Tree alone you have Skultullas (ones that hang, and ones that crawl), Deku Scrubs, and mini Gohmas. All function differently. In Breath of the Wild, most of the time you have Bokoblins, Moblins, and Lizalfos.
>BOTW is also not focused on the side quests of the side content
What makes you say that?
>2D zelda rings a bell
We're talking about 3D Zelda games.
>Any overworld enemy in 3D zelda rings a bell?
Exactly, the problem is that nearly the entire Breath of the Wild combat experience is the overworld, which means you can skip almost every single enemy.
>Bullshit, they do. The runes for example give you much more room for creativity than previous zeldas
That's not an advanced moveset, it's an item, like the Deku Leaf. I'm talking about regular weapon movesets, like the sword.
>He's still not showing any pattern
You may just be retarded then.
>>389575553
Early on in the game, bombs may do lots of damage. As you progress more, the enemies scale up and get more HP and your bombs no longer take out much health, even with the upgrade. At that point, if you want to do decent damage, you have to use your weapons. The problem is that you have no reason to do it, you'll just damage your good weapons for equivalent or slightly worse weapons. So you end up running away from enemy camps instead of fighting them. Using arrows as you know, damages the bow, so if you have a good bow already there's no point.
>>
>>389576379
>skyrim
Can you please elaborate? Was skyrim the first open world you played? Skyrim doesn't even have weapon durability, a core mechanic of botw, and botw doesn't have the RPG side of skyrim either. So why the comparison? It makes no sense. The lack of waypoints and the ability to go without markers also makes the world design distinctly not skyrim, as well as the focus on physics puzzles instead of the match runes ones
>>
File: blightys.jpg (743KB, 2052x1484px) Image search: [Google]
blightys.jpg
743KB, 2052x1484px
>>389576070
>Not recolors
They blatantly are, are you fucking blind? Tehy didnt even try to make them different.
>>
>>389576505
Durability isn't a mechanic, it's a handicap
>>
>>389575993

you made a good decision. Stop listening to faggot shills in the gaming media. It's all garbage. Next Zelda game will be open world too with the same low-effort shit.
>>
>>389576580
Puerile sophistry
>>
>>389576505
It was Nintendo dick riding the industry memes after a bunch of cock jockeys rode Skyrim as the greatest elder scrolls. It makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
>normies can't be fucked to play prior elder scrolls games so one is made for them to cash the market
>normies can't play prior zelda games even though hearing all the nostalgia moans so one is made for them based off the dick riding from the prior industry high point for normies which was skyrim
It all started and ended with douchebags hearing about these great games, but didn't want to play them actually. It's all image.
>tee hee look at me I'm playing breath of the wild even though I've never played another Zelda game in my life
>>
Being a "Zelda fan" after playing BOTW is tantamount to being a "Sci-fi geek" after watching Big Bang Theory
>>
>>389576468
>you're simplifying things too much
Oh the irony, provided you didn't even mention how you manipulate the beasts differently for each one of them
>core gameplay mechanic
Well, I can excuse Botw using that too, easy
>oversimplification
But that is true. Besides those two the rest you mention are either unkillable (like traps) or die in one hit lime the skulltanas
>what makes you say that
Because it's not true. There are only 72 side quests, which some linked to shrines, whereas there are 120 shrines for example
>problem is that you can skip almost every single enemy
is it a bad thing when it provides an option, where the previous zeldas forced you to stick into a room with them and mash?
>that's not advanced
Fine, then BOTW has more movesets than all of the zelda games. The inclusion of heavy weapons and spears already makes it most advanced
>you must be retarded
You must be retarded
>bombs no longer take much health
Dumb fuck bombs are supposed to knock enemies off high perches, which do tons of damage
>damages the bow
Very very slowly, a good bow can last you hundreds of arrows. Getting a single bow from any raid can last you many camps
>>
>>389576856
>It makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
No it doesn't you retard. He was asking how the games were similar, not demonstrate how much of a retarded strawman you can create.
>>
>>389576856
So they are only similar in perception by normies then, which is a superficial similarity at best

>>389576549
>they blatantly are
Except their movesets and gimmicks are all different
>>
>>389576549
Recolor could be applied to the red/blue/silver enemies they got going. The bosses all have completely diffrent movesets. But I agree they look really boring and its lazy that they made them that way
>>
>>389577028
There's industry trend similarity both games ruined their respective franchises in favor of grabbing onto mass market appeal.
>>
>>389577127
>>Fox and falco aren't the same because falcon can do a spinning thing!

Jesus christ you're too far gone.
>>
>>389576549
Have you played the game? Do you know what recolours mean?
>>
>>389577181
How does Zelda copy industry trends? Specifics, don't just say its open world like a mindless retard.
>>
>>389577196
>strawman that doesn't even make sense given that the bosses vary completely in movesets and not by a single move
A swing and a miss

>>389577181
You think ZELDA needs more mass market appeal?
>>
>>389577181
Zelda always targeted normies, the formula was getting stale as fuck
>>
File: 023.jpg (615KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
615KB, 1920x1090px
>>389576549
Bait. They all look different to each other and to ganon
>>
>>389577196
Jesus christ people are getting really desperate to shit on the game, to the point of coming up with incorrect analogies like this
>>
>>389575521
The Alcoholics Anonymous definition of insanity matches what you are doing. If I were you I'd pay someone to drop me off at the closest national park wilderness and leave me there with just camping equipment. Judging by a couple of your posts, you need some detox really badly, dilute your Smartphone generation mentality to the max because your life sounds like it sucks a lot of dick.
>>
>>389577328
Zelda didn't need mass market appeal, it just had to make a game that was sucking off mass market appeal, because the people that bought it on majority were those that pretend to know nostalgia. They didn't play the prior games so they don't know what made Zelda a good game, so then this game comes out with is a hollow dick riding industry mongoloid in comparison. It's just a bunch of douchebags that now have a Zelda game to play to be part of the in crowd nostalgia.
>tee hee look at me I'm playing a Zelda game that's cool right
As bad as the majora mask dick lickers.
>>
>>389577008
>Oh the irony, provided you didn't even mention how you manipulate the beasts differently for each one of them
You're simplifying too much. You think all the dungeons are the same in games like Ocarina of Time because they all use keys and locked doors. I'm saying the dungeons in BoTW are too alike because they all focus on rotation and or movement.
>Well, I can excuse Botw using that too, easy
That's the problem, BoTW doesn't do that. You don't get dungeon items. There's no progression. At the most, you get a bunch of buffs at the end of each dungeon. If we're stretching we could maybe say Revali's Gale, but nothing is gated by it.
>But that is true. Besides those two the rest you mention are either unkillable (like traps) or die in one hit lime the skulltanas
The skultulla in the Deku Tree don't die in one hit each, even the ones on the wall. The Deku Scrubs and Ghoma children aren't unkillable either. I forgot to mention Deku Babas too, who also don't die in one hit. That's more enemy variety at the start of the game than most of Breath of the Wild.
>Because it's not true. There are only 72 side quests, which some linked to shrines, whereas there are 120 shrines for example
Side content is anything that is not the main story. Do you really think that BoTW is focused on the main story rather than the overworld? If that's the case, why was it so short and lackluster, and why was the world so big?
>Fine, then BOTW has more movesets than all of the zelda games. The inclusion of heavy weapons and spears already makes it most advanced
But it's the same move set and basic combo for each weapon. Why couldn't they have added more techniques for the basic weapon types?
>>
>>389577610
>look at me I am so enlightened I know exactly what the demographics that bought the game are!
Source or fuck off
>>
File: 1465137791456.jpg (44KB, 197x199px) Image search: [Google]
1465137791456.jpg
44KB, 197x199px
>Zelda re-invents itself with BOTW
>Normies go nuts over it
>Persona 5 merges itself with SMT
>Normies go nuts and sperg about how good Persona is
>Yakuza re-makes its first installments
>Normies go nuts and treat it like a new thing
>Pokemon re-invents itself with Sun/moon
>Normies go nuts despite it playing like liquid ass
>Metroid gets a remake by ctirtically panned mercury steam
>Normeis go nuts

Is this generation just going to be nothing but Remakes and Reboots? How long until "Mega Man", "Castlevania", and "Pac-manTM" Why not make Donkey kong an arcade game again while we're at it?
>>
>>389577610
You clearly aren't very in touch with reality if you think Zelda was even remotely obscure pre BoTW. To date OoT has sold more than it.
>>
>>389577747
>>Persona 5 merges itself with SMT
What?
No it didn't.
>>
I like how faggots pretend that Botw has difficulty and combat depth now. The whole game was a joke. You just dodge shit at the right time. Durability was always an annoyance, and it did make things slightly more difficult. But still not an issue. Since the Master Sword has plenty of durability.

The weak ass combat doesn't even make it an elite game, especially since everything else about the game is pure trash. Like the story, music, dungeons, and any staple feature that other Zelda games have.

Oh, I guess it had amiibo-locked content though. That was nice.
>>
>>389577821
P5 is far closer to SMT than it is to P3 or 4. People praise it for the demon negotiations, which is an SMT staple, not a Persona one.
>>
>>389572373
>vastity
>>
>>389577873
I hope you are not implying Zelda ever had good combat
>>
>>389577873
The worst part about the combat is that it rewards you with that super slow motion bazillion hit anime combo shit.
>>
>>389566692
>Puzzlefags still on suicide watch
>>
>>389577747
The lesson is that normalfags "go nuts" for anything so long as it's marketed properly. They don't care about quality.
>>
>>389577660
>simplfying too much
You just literally made my argument for me. Rotation and movement=lock and keys. Same shit
>that's the problem
It is still the same though, the same repetitive things you have to do to get past each puzzle is in all zeldas
>don't die in one hit
Fuck I misremebered then, anyway my point is the ghoma children and skulltanas behave more like traps, and the dekus are projectile shooters which should admittedly be a different subclass like those in botw
>side content is anything that is not main story
Duh, my point is that sidequests are not all there is to side content
>but it's the same moveset
Irrelevant, my point still stands. The combos and moves for each weapon type makes botw have the most varied weapon movesets in all the zeldas that you can access easily
>>
File: picture.jpg (252KB, 1344x1011px) Image search: [Google]
picture.jpg
252KB, 1344x1011px
>>389578049
>super slow motion bazillion hit anime combo shit.
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>389577908
You do realise that negotiations and such were also in the first Persona game right? Personally I haven't played 2 but I don't really need to in order to make my point.
>>
>>389578118
>I, the tripfaggot am so above these simple minded plebs
>>
>>389577747
>Pokemon re-invents its early installments with HGSS
>Normies go nuts despite it playing like liquid ass
There you go. There was an embarrassing mistake in your post making it seem like SM was somehow yet another rehash, even though it's one of the most original games in the series, but I corrected it. No need to thank me.
And I guess Fire Emblem Echoes would fit your narrative as well.
>>
File: vast.png (13KB, 175x140px)
vast.png
13KB, 175x140px
>>389578002
>>
>>389577773
Doesn't need to be obscure, just pandering.
Zelda was never obscure to those that played video games, however Zelda is an old enough franchise that it is outliving it's core fanbase.
The new generation that just vicariously lives it's lives through the eyes of nostalgia of the generation prior is what's wrong. They never played the games to know what made them great, but because muh aged games they won't play them. So when Breathe of the Wild came out it gave this generation an in to the nostalgia they had been vicariously living through the eyes of others a chance to give them credibility to grasp onto something they weren't a part of. And Nintendo didn't make the game to hold onto fans of the series, they made it for this new generation of dick riders of the past.
It's the Zelda made for the "born in the wrong generation" kids.
>>
>>389573873
I can't stand people who play a really obvious baitlord role in an attempt become the new tripfag everyone loves to hate.

Enjoy your one (you) before I hide your posts forever which is the only useful purpose tripfagging serves, incidentally.
>>
>>389577873
>dodge shit at the right time
Just like dark souls!
>master sword has plenty of durability
It breaks fast as fuck and it's not strong
>>
>>389578265
No shit retard. Why do you think I adopted the trip?
>>
>>389578271
HGSS was 2010 you mong. This is 2017. We're talking about now, not then.
>>
>>389578354
For attention you never get in your sad, pathetic life.
>>
>>389578212
Flurry rush? I don't even know, everyone knows that parries are better
>>
>>389578319

>super slowmo shit
>mash buttons after insanely predictable telegraphed attack
>dark souls

mate, I can tell you can't PVP worth a shit, just stop.
>>
>>389576580
Maybe to the mentally retarded
>>
>>389566692
Just don't play the game then pussyboy, or go make your own game
>>
File: yhreadhopeless'.jpg (7KB, 138x111px) Image search: [Google]
yhreadhopeless'.jpg
7KB, 138x111px
>>389574556
>let Zelda die in dignity
Nintendo should have ended one of their most beloved IPs after the most universally reviled mainline entry in the series because one autismo on a Slovakian Nesting Doll Enthusiast Forum decides BotW is not good enough for him.
>>
>>389577873
>dodge shit at the right time
I hear /v/ sucks off another game where you do the same hmmm

>>389578450
>PVP
Why would I participate in that jankfest at all? Full of cheaters and twinks
>mash buttons after insanely predictable telegraphed attack
EXACTLY like souls
>>
>>389578286
I think this is what they call "projecting".
>>
>>389578450
>super slowmo shit
Parries in dark souls 1 fits exactly
>>
>>389578673
>Child doesn't want to be called an idiot
>you're just projecting
Stop riding my generation's franchises into the ground with your vicarious nostalgia shit gargling. If you could do that. That would be fantastic.
>>
>>389578212
>Implying flurry rush isnt exactly that.

https://thumbs.mic.com/ODg4OTNiYWM2YyMvZWdrTGMtdGJOekJ5NFo4QnkxQWNEVERfYno4PS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vMnhsdmxnOGVheWJpOXZldWR0eWdhNGl1MDV6eXdpZDdkanE4OHNlOW51a3pjb2s2dXl2YjN1ajk1aWs0dWdyaS5naWY.gif
>>
>>389577908
>P5 is far closer to SMT than it is to P3 or 4
>he hasn't played 1 or 2
P5 was a merger of the original Personas and the nu-Personas. If it was SMT the demon negotiations would be a lot more unforgiving.
>>
>>389578825
You shouldn't have gargled the cock of LTTP then, faggot
>>
>>389578569
>Nintendo should have ended one of their most beloved IPs after the most universally reviled mainline entry in the series because one autismo on a Slovakian Nesting Doll Enthusiast Forum decides BotW is not good enough for him.

No, Nintendo should have ended this series back in 1998 when it ran its course. Theres a reason most film trilogies end at trilogies. Extending ebyond your planned narritive is a lazy way to drag out a series for cash and nothing more. Zelda deserved to die after ALTTP and be remembered as just that, a Good, fun series to be looked back upon.
>>
>>389579000
>>it ran its course
>because I said so
Sure they should have LOL
>>
>>389578825
Your post was literally just your autistic headcannon in which everybody who has a differing opinion to yours is an extremely specific kind of person. Its a pretty unhealthy worldview.
>>
>>389578906
> If it was SMT the demon negotiations would be a lot more unforgiving.

Persona is SMT. Its a spinoff. Stop acting like the two aren't related when it clearly says it on the cover.
>>
>>389578935
Good way to point yourself out as underage by shitting on ALTTP
>>
>>389579069
>I like dragging a dead beaten horse through the mud to fufill my self of sense accomplishment with a videogame series instead of moving on to create bigger and better things.

Ever hear of stagnation? No of course you haven't, I'm talking to a manchild who doesn't even understand the finer points in cinematography.
>>
>>389579105
>sucking LTTP's cock
>implying you aren't underage
You are exactly like those you whine about. People who jumped in and claimed "OMG I TOTES LOVE ZELDA BTW ZELDA 1 AND 2 SUCK"
>>
>>389579218
>stagnation
>thread is comprised of people complaining the game isn't similar enough to the previous games
Literally retarded.
>>
>>389579092
>Stop acting like the two aren't related when it clearly says it on the cover.
There's literally been one Persona game that says SMT on it and it wasn't even the first game.
>>
>>389579218
Yes I do, what are you gonna do about it fag?
>>
It's just Zelda gone normie

imagine normies trying to solve shit like the OoT Water temple, the Master Quest Spirit Temple, or the MM Great Bay Temple hahaha
>>
>>389579445
I hope this is ironic
>>
>>389578832
Why didn't you say that you autistic retard.
>>
>>389579265
Zelda 1 and 2 do suck, and thats only because there are better alternatives to them now. LOZ was entirely replaced by ALTTP, a better fully functioning, much more visually appealing retelling of the first, to the point that LOZ as a concept shouldn't even exist, and LOZ2 was completely placed on overdrive when Castlevania took over, and then later the eventual progression to Dark souls.

There is literally no reaosn to play, or force people to play LOZ1/2 in this day and age other than to satiate your own blind biased nostalgia.
>>
File: fesmug.png (88KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
fesmug.png
88KB, 5000x5000px
>>389579218
>who doesn't even understand the finer points in cinematography

Either you're trying really hard to bait or you're some blubbering idiot who needs to constantly shift goalposts to feel like his point is still relevant.
>>
>>389579000
>Theres a reason most film trilogies end at trilogies.
Not that you can compare them.
It's also worth noting that Zelda's stories are for the most part entirely self contained in your case they're all sequels.
>>
>>389579584
>zelda 1 and 2 do suck
And my point is completely proven, my god is the irony delicious. All LTTPfags are total cancer and can't call themselves zelda fans
>>
>253 posts
>65 IPs
Did Sony fucked something up again? Why are sony niggers going nuclear?
>>
>>389566692
Retarded phone poster here, what is the joke with the right botw cover?
>>
>>389579472
name one game normies play that is not "kill things, press the action button... sometimes"
>>
>>389579445

yea they probably can't. Normies are too fucking stupid. Honestly, I'd be shocked if they even did 30 shrines in this game. Heck, they probably didn't even bother finishing it. Maybe played like 4 hours walking around, then stopped. Went out to the bars afterwards because fuck vidya.
>>
>>389579731
American zelda covers have piss filter on the, see wind waker
>>
>>389579445
>I am a 14 year old who holds retro Zelda in some revered status without realizing that Zelda is and always has been THE most normie franchise in vidya at large

It's seriously been the only video game series you could admit to liking and be "cool" or that normalfags and gaymer gurrrls would get tattoos of or wear clothing of for decades now. Stop fucking kidding yourself.
>>
>>389579738

Sex
>>
>>389579584
>talking shit about Zelda 1 and 2
stop posting any time
>>
>>389579709
Hey buddy, your irony is shit. I grew up with Zelda 1 and 2, but Even I can admit they no longer have a reason to exist. If you like em fine, but your argument is forcing people who have no interest to play inferior games that have long since been replaced by better alternatives. Theres a reaosn new games exist, to erase the old ones. I'm not some autist whos going to keep his NES carts out of setimental value because I played them as a kid when theres better more engaging games I could be playing and enjoying in the here and now.

You're the only "nostalgiafaggot" here dude. its time to let go and grow up.
>>
>>389579000
>Theres a reason most film trilogies end at trilogies

Yeah, and it's because by the end of most trilogies the movies are getting awful enough reviews that continuing the series directly wouldn't be profitable.

Zelda has never not been profitable. You're fucking dumb.
>>
>>389579950
>I grew up with zelda 1 and 2
>implying that gives any validation to your shit taste
Funny, given that 2 is superior to LTTP
>>
>>389579719
It's another case of brand loyalty rage from them. Just sit back and watch the flames.
>>
>>389580031
Its really not dude. Its really, really not. 2 is like if castlevania decided to just be cave levels, and had terrible coded AI. SAD!
>>
>>389580097
>terrible coded AI
Just like LTTP then, except how embarrassing, LTTP was released MUCH MUCH later. SAD!
>>
>>389579719

>thinking I even give a shit about Horizon
>thinking we're Sony shills

Lmao. The whole Botw vs Horizon debate has gotta be the most cancerous thing I've seen here. Both of these games are absolute trash.
>>
>>389580217
What games do you like then?
>>
>>389580217
Post your copy of horizion
>>
>>389579812
You are mistaking fandom for actual players you fucking retard, anyone can wear a cap with 3 triangles on it
>>
>>389580217
>>thinking we're Sony shills
Please, you lot are the only ones who get this mad over games other people have.
>>
>>389568007
>My game time is limited and valuable and my backlog is huge.
then play a different game? Just because you can't/don't want to doesn't mean its wrong or others don't.
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>389580304
>>389580526

I'll do you one better faggot.
>>
>>389580816
Timestamp
>>
>>389574806
>boss's
Spot the extra chromosome.
>>
>>389580816
>I DON'T LIKE A THING WAAAAHHHH MOMMYYYYY
That's very nice, sweetie.
>>
>>389571559
>speaks like a high school kid
Seriously, don't you have homework or something to do?
>>
File: fuckyou2.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou2.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>389580893
Nah
>>
>>389581405
good job

why is the hand not black though?
>>
>>389566692

>sonybro mad that he won't be able to play zelda again without buying the new nintendo product
>>
>>389581598
Because i'm not black?
>>
>>389581819
Everyone is a nigger and a faggot on 4chan.
>>
>>389566692
This thread truly defines what is wrong with nu-/v/. /v/ has to trash everything even if it's just cherrypicking
>>
>>389571359
>So the game should suffer so you can do your different weapon playthroughs?
>being able to use the weapon you want without the pointless busywork of tracking down another copy when it shatters into nothingness
>harming the game
Are you retarded.
>>
>>389575318
>if the weapons didn't break you could just get the strongest weapons early on in the game and then proceed to use them for the rest of the game
Then they shouldn't have been so retarded about weapon design and made sure everything had its own niche.

>This would make fighting enemies (in the empty expansive world) have no point at all
There's barely any point to fight them as is.
>>
>>389584731
I agree with you.
>>
>>389579921
Holy shit why didn't they continue with this tone.
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.